Community > Posts By > hikerchick

hikerchick's photo
Wed 07/02/08 04:44 AM
I wouldn't lie but there are things that are nobody's business. The past is the past. Things I did 25 years ago have no bearing on who I am now.

hikerchick's photo
Wed 07/02/08 04:35 AM
I married twice; both times to guys named Bill.

If I meet another guy named Bill I am going to run.

hikerchick's photo
Tue 07/01/08 09:26 PM

That was brilliant (((Hiker)))! I love it...I love it...I love it! :heart: flowerforyou
It was inspired by your thread
Thank you so much...sometimes the point can get redirected fast as a runaway train huh? ohwell ohwell
around here? yes. We have no time for points, we have rants to post.

Rant away me ladies,,, Hugs to you flowers
(((((((((LAMom)))))))))))))

hikerchick's photo
Tue 07/01/08 09:11 PM

That was brilliant (((Hiker)))! I love it...I love it...I love it! :heart: flowerforyou
Thank you so much...sometimes the point can get redirected fast as a runaway train huh? ohwell ohwell
around here? yes. We have no time for points, we have rants to post.

hikerchick's photo
Tue 07/01/08 08:25 PM

hikerchick's photo
Tue 07/01/08 08:19 PM

So give them to a better family, I'm not one to promote adoption but if one knows they will not be able to raise a child they should give them up to a family that will...instead of hoping that others will take responsibility for them...

obviously that's not realistic.

And hoping someone else will take care of the child is?
Fear - darling - I love you.

I think the whole "it takes a village to raise a child idea" stems from the notion that we as a society benefit from having children, all children, raised properly. And it rests on the premise that parents cannot be with their own children 24/7. So the onus is on the other members of the village to provide a good example for other people's children, and sometimes to offer some guidance. If I see a child playing on the train tracks, I am not going to say "it's not my kid". I am going to encourage them to play elsewhere.

That's all. Not doing someone else's job; just helping for the good of all.flowerforyou

hikerchick's photo
Tue 07/01/08 07:51 PM

i talk to no one
but talk at many....

good write...waving
Why, thank you. This place inspires me! laugh

hikerchick's photo
Tue 07/01/08 07:48 PM

flowers flowers

I would add some addition, but none is needed.
The redundancy squad squad will be here soon in a minute

hikerchick's photo
Tue 07/01/08 07:45 PM
Inanity and vapidity are the order of the day
Let's not get too complex with what we have to say
We're treading very lightly on anything that's real
We gabble about nonsense and let our brains congeal
Sophomoric humor will be bound to bring a chortle
All reason and intelligence has found an open portal
If meaty matter does appear we find it so confusing
We can't make heads or tails, with a brain that we aren't using
And so we mock the very thought of something esoteric
The idea is so ridiculous it brings us to hysterics
So let's stay banal and bland and trite in all we say and do
And we can put an end to real communication, too

hikerchick's photo
Tue 07/01/08 07:28 PM

Wow could you send them my way lol to at least weed eat lol bigsmile
No - they are mine!!!

In all fairness, I have told them to use my swimming pool as if it were their own; and I do watch the three boys (7,4, and 2) when mom and dad go hunting or Christmas shopping.

But still - this was so nice. They plow my driveway, too, in the winter.

hikerchick's photo
Tue 07/01/08 07:26 PM

tune up a rap station and listen to the words. Violence is exalted in many songs in that particular music style. Play a few very popular vid games for a while, watch the crap we adults put on tv and in the movies. Is it any wonder that they are not more violent as teens? JMAO
you may have something there

hikerchick's photo
Tue 07/01/08 07:23 PM

Parenting? Lack of Parenting. we should go Back the Days when the Principle could Smack Your ass With a wooden Paddle. that'll Straighten these Little Bastards Out Pretty F'n Quick.

Exactlydrinker

A few years ago. A leather strap would fix anyone with,(so called) ADD.
Now the kids are over medicated and under spanked
I don't think the boys are suffering from ADD though.I don't think that is the issue here.

hikerchick's photo
Tue 07/01/08 07:22 PM

my daughter is twelve...

her boyfriend has led her to believe that they are romeo and juliet..

he calls constantly, txts constantly...and sends the same one every 15 minutes untill she answers..
NOW, the latest...I AM WICKED becauus I wont let them go on a DATE!!!!!

he thinks my daughter is his angel...
and she would give up her world for him...
she told me so today..

is this healthy???
shes twelve.. starting seventh grade..

I don't know if it's healthy but it's common. I didn't let my daughter date at that age either.

hikerchick's photo
Tue 07/01/08 07:20 PM
Did I understand your question? I am not understanding how the replies fit in.

hikerchick's photo
Tue 07/01/08 07:19 PM
I hope I can post good news more often..it brings out the most wonderful posts! You are all helping to make my day. Thanks!

hikerchick's photo
Tue 07/01/08 07:18 PM

(((hiker!!flowerforyou ))) you know this brings a smile to my heart for you! flowerforyou
((((bastet))))) you are kind!

hikerchick's photo
Tue 07/01/08 07:16 PM

not enough discipline at home...too many single parent homes where the parent has to work 2 to 3 jobs just to make ends meet...and any type of discipline is school is a big NO-NO...:angry:
I agree these things may be a problem but I am not getting the connection to violence in teen dating. Can you elaborate? Thanks.

hikerchick's photo
Tue 07/01/08 07:15 PM
Some of my daughter's friends have been in abusive relationships in high school and even in middle school. I think they see it at home and they think it's normal. Also, young girls can be very insecure and they put up with abuse just so that they will have a boyfriend.

hikerchick's photo
Tue 07/01/08 06:59 PM
Thanks so much everyone, for the kind words. You are all good neighbors, too.flowerforyou

hikerchick's photo
Tue 07/01/08 06:51 PM

Maybe people need to start taking care of themselves & not expect insurance companies to keep you healthy. They make money if you die early.
Well, the person I am talking about takes care of himself now...but when he was younger he didn't - he thought he would live forever.

1 2 4 6 7 8 9 24 25