Thu 03/13/08 08:37 AM

Topic: Hillary's Buddy Involved in Prostitution Ring

well this is a misleading statement

he was involved in the ring

as he has not been charged with the management of it

but he has used said ring the ring

one word really can make a big difference in the meaning

adju4......

You are splitting hairs. Involved means to contain, include as a part, or to draw in. Surely the man was "included" in the ring as "a part" since he was "drawn in" by the prostitutes for whom he paid big bucks for their services. Geez, you sound like a high-priced lawyer who is getting ready to defend the guy? Are you sticking up for him?

no photo
Thu 03/13/08 08:21 AM

from page 1

i feel that the born in the united states

clause

is abused greatly

i believe that this cluse was established for those legally in the country

not for whom ever sneaks across any borders

but i am taking liberty in saying this

so maybe it is incorrect

adj4u.....

You are correct. Read all of fanta's posts and mine. Citizenship is not meant for children of illegals who sneak across the border into our country. Giving the children of illegals/criminals is an abuse of the 14th Amendment.

if a child is born of someone illegally in the country

then the 14th ammendment should not apply

they should have to be here and in legal standing

but that is only my opinion

based on the following

there is a law that says

one may not profit from committing a crime

kinda like being a serial killer then writing a book about it

said serial killer is blocked form receiving profits

from said book

adj4u.....

That is a good analogy. Too bad our legislatures don't have your common sense.

no photo
Thu 03/13/08 08:11 AM

from page 1

i feel that the born in the united states

clause

is abused greatly

i believe that this cluse was established for those legally in the country

not for whom ever sneaks across any borders

but i am taking liberty in saying this

so maybe it is incorrect

adj4u.....

You are correct. Read all of fanta's posts and mine. Citizenship is not meant for children of illegals who sneak across the border into our country. Giving the children of illegals/criminals is an abuse of the 14th Amendment.

no photo
Thu 03/13/08 07:51 AM

The 14th Amendment was ratified in 1868 to protect the rights of native-born Black Americans, whose rights were being denied as recently-freed slaves. In 1866, Senator Jacob Howard clearly spelled out the intent of the 14th Amendment by writing:

"Every person born within the limits of the United States, and subject to their jurisdiction, is by virtue of natural law and national law a citizen of the United States. This will not, of course, include persons born in the United States who are foreigners, aliens, who belong to the families of ambassadors or foreign ministers accredited to the Government of the United States, but will include every other class of persons. It settles the great question of citizenship and removes all doubt as to what persons are or are not citizens of the United States. This has long been a great desideratum in the jurisprudence and legislation of this country."

The original intent of the 14th Amendment was clearly not to facilitate illegal aliens defying U.S. law at taxpayer expense. Current estimates indicate there may be over 300,000 anchor babies born each year in the U.S., thus causing illegal alien mothers to add more to the U.S. population each year than immigration from all sources in an average year before 1965.

The correct interpretation of the 14th Amendment is that an illegal alien mother is subject to the jurisdiction of her native country, as is her baby.

Over a century ago, the Supreme Court correctly confirmed this restricted interpretation of citizenship in the so-called 'Slaughter-House cases' [83 US 36 (1873)] and in [112 US 94 (1884)]. In Elk v.Wilkins, the phrase 'subject to its jurisdiction' excluded from its operation 'children of ministers, consuls, and citizens of foreign states born within the United States.' In Elk, the American Indian claimant was considered not an American citizen because the law required him to be 'not merely subject in some respect or degree to the jurisdiction of the United States, but completely subject to their political jurisdiction and owing them direct and immediate allegiance.'

fanta......

I copied/pasted my post from page 6 of this thread. Our thoughts seem to be in unison

"My son is a bit of a Constitutional scholar, not an expert, but he knows more than the average person. I questioned him as to why illegal Mexican women who sneak into the USA and go to emergency rooms to have their babies wind up with American citizenship for their children. My son said it has to do with the 14th Amendment and the slaves. The 14th Amendment gave citizenship to the slaves and made the rule that if you were born here, you were an American citizen. Also, this is the norm for most countries. However, my son pointed out the fact that here in the USA the Liberals have twisted the citizenship thing to give citizenship to children of illegals, which was not intended by the original concept of the 14th Amendment."

no photo
Thu 03/13/08 07:41 AM

I guess there home had 2 bathrooms....

but...geeze..its clear to me she had mental illness

Considering the fact she got stuck to the toilet seat, I would say that rather than having a form of mental illness, she just had a big ass! laugh

no photo
Wed 03/12/08 01:32 PM

People who resort to personal attacks about a person are not well equiped intellectually to debate and issue. All get tempted to lower themselves to the level of the person unable to provide information without the personal digs but we should all refrain from doing it.

Dragoness.....

You are a true Liberal. I apologize to someone because I am wrong and you attack me. Well I am "well equipped intellectually" and "I have the balls," as you put it, to know when to apologize and to do so. Flowers for me! flowerforyou flowerforyou

Back on topic .... As far as social services are concerned for aliens, you might be able to speak with authority in respect to the state you live in, but each state differs as to what is available for illegals. Therefore, you cannot claim the people on this site are setting forth "propaganda" about taxpayer costs in reference to illegals.

Wasn't addressing you at all. Was addressing the whole personal attack scenerio that played out. Sorry you took it that wayflowerforyou

I took it that way since I posted an apology and it appeared you attacked me. This is not my day .... I seem to be stepping on everyone's toes .... I am out of here. Sorry Dragon, I misunderstood.

no photo
Wed 03/12/08 01:29 PM

Here this speaks for itself;

Fortunately, we have the highest possible authority on record to answer this question of how the term "jurisdiction" was to be interpreted and applied, the author of the citizenship clause, Sen. Jacob M. Howard (MI) to tell us exactly what it means and its intended scope as he introduced it to the United States Senate in 1866:

Mr. HOWARD: I now move to take up House joint resolution No. 127.

The motion was agreed to; and the Senate, as in Committee of the Whole, resumed the consideration of the joint resolution (H.R. No. 127) proposing an amendment to the Constitution of the United States.

The first amendment is to section one, declaring that all "persons born in the United States and Subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the States wherein they reside. I do not propose to say anything on that subject except that the question of citizenship has been fully discussed in this body as not to need any further elucidation, in my opinion. This amendment which I have offered is simply declaratory of what I regard as the law of the land already, that every person born within the limits of the United States, and subject to their jurisdiction, is by virtue of natural law and national law a citizen of the United States. This will not, of course, include persons born in the United States who are foreigners, aliens, who belong to the families of ambassadors or foreign ministers accredited to the Government of the United States, but will include every other class of persons. It settles the great question of citizenship and removes all doubt as to what persons are or are not citizens of the United States. This has long been a great desideratum in the jurisprudence and legislation of this country.

What about the 14th Amendment?

no photo
Wed 03/12/08 01:23 PM

happy Yea, She costed a 1000$ dollars an hour she better been a dime piece happy

I heard it was up to five thousand dollars an hour he was paying for a total of eighty thousand dollars spent in a six or seven month period with this particular prostitution ring.

no photo
Wed 03/12/08 01:18 PM

People who resort to personal attacks about a person are not well equiped intellectually to debate and issue. All get tempted to lower themselves to the level of the person unable to provide information without the personal digs but we should all refrain from doing it.

Dragoness.....

You are a true Liberal. I apologize to someone because I am wrong and you attack me. Well I am "well equipped intellectually" and "I have the balls," as you put it, to know when to apologize and to do so. Flowers for me! flowerforyou flowerforyou

Back on topic .... As far as social services are concerned for aliens, you might be able to speak with authority in respect to the state you live in, but each state differs as to what is available for illegals. Therefore, you cannot claim the people on this site are setting forth "propaganda" about taxpayer costs in reference to illegals.

no photo
Wed 03/12/08 01:01 PM

I left just 3 years ago, things havent changed that much...I lived in California, Arizona, Colorado, Wyoming, New Mexico (just to name a few places...yes I got around :smile: )

And speaking from my own experiences I noticed that the lower the population the greater the resources available to people. And as for what undocumented aliens could receive in benefits, I know that non-resident/citizen women who had children that were born in the US received minimal assistance for their children only. Food stamps have been replaced in most states with a "debit-type" card in order to eliminate the trading of stamps for cash.

Undocumented males get nothing..there are non-profit and religious organizations that provide assistance to the needy regardless of immigration status out of humanitarian principals.

I am curious if anyone can list out exactly what "benefits" undocumented aliens receive...aside from what I just mentioned I am unaware of anything else that the Feds provide...individual states may have their own policies, but that varies from state to state.

Again, a lot depends on the socioeconomic status of the people rather than the plus or minus of the population as to services or resources available. It is all about how much money is being paid in taxes since in some instances what the Federal government provides has to do with taxes generated by the state. Note, I said "in some instances."

"Minimal" assistance for children is pretty good since it gets into cash assistance, food stamps, medicade (? spell) the WIC program and if anyone member of a family is on any type of welfare, other types of benefits apply such as the LIHEAP and some others. I get a taxpayer guide from my state senator and state rep once a month and a lot of freebie stuff is outlined in the brochures.

You state it correctly .... each individual state has its own rules and regulations as to what it will give for illegals.

no photo
Wed 03/12/08 12:51 PM

I have yet to see one intelligent defense of Bush and his destruction of this country. So bash me if it makes you feel better, bash liberals if it brings you joy, whatever makes your day brighter. Cause with Bush running this country everyone needs whatever bits of joy they can find.bigsmile

Lighten up ....

no photo
Wed 03/12/08 12:46 PM

doc.....

sorry .... I was wrong .... misread and misunderstood your post and thought it was directed at me ..... sorry once again ..... I sure got up on the wrong side of the bed, didn't I .....

flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou

no photo
Wed 03/12/08 12:41 PM

northrn yanke.....

I agree with the last paragraph. In fact I have posted responses to that effect to a certain man who constantly copies/pastes/plagarizes. Getting back to what you said, I also feel that the people who constantly bash and post propaganda and never post anything positive or offer any type of constructive criticism are definitely anti-American and most of the time anti-Military.

Then why do I not see just as many pro-government "cut/past" threads??? Why not put the effort into publicly supporting your side instead of showing up on these threads and insulting or criticizing someone one for expressing their beliefs?
People who post anti-Bush threads believe in what they are doing/ saying...show your conviction and post the pro-Bush stuff..
That is..if you can find it...(sorry..just had to put that last "jab" in...:wink: )

more fun and more interesting to insult .... criticize .... jab ....

no photo
Wed 03/12/08 12:37 PM

By saying he's had "up's and down's..."
...does anyone else see an SNL skit coming from that awful pun?

also, it was discussed on The View this morning (before his live resignation cut it short..) how much fault belongs to his wife.....

The fault belongs to his wife? Oh, the blame game! These Democratics .... if they can't blame the Republicans, blame the wife! laugh

no photo
Wed 03/12/08 12:34 PM

Just wondering, cuz I don't know many.

whats a Libertarian??

Tobias. laugh not me!

no photo
Wed 03/12/08 12:32 PM

When ever a republican screws up

how do you know he was on the bottom....have you got pictures?..bigsmile

northrn yanke...........

You are sooooooo bad! Oh, geez, how can I hollar at someone who is so funny? bigsmile

oh...so he's funny, but Im naughty??? Leah....your bipartisanship is showing..laugh laugh laugh

Okay ..... he is naughty and you are funny. laugh
I can't be called bipartisan, even if it is true. laugh

no photo
Wed 03/12/08 12:25 PM

knew you were telling tall tales ....

or should I say dog tales ....

laugh

no it's dog tails...bigsmile

touche'

no photo
Wed 03/12/08 08:00 AM
knew you were telling tall tales ....

or should I say dog tales ....

laugh

no photo
Wed 03/12/08 06:19 AM
Edited by leahmarie on Wed 03/12/08 06:20 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDamkYmZfi0

Im all choked up,,

Give me a minute
I think Im going to cry!!!

laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh

laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh

sad sad sad sad

There!!!laugh laugh

Sorry to break the "bad" news to you! laugh But you are going to have to redo your post! laugh You said you were going to cry, but you didn't, you were sad.

Tell you what I'll cry for you! :cry: :cry: :cry:

no photo
Wed 03/12/08 06:12 AM

well Im not a big fan of using stats to support a point since everyone can agree that you can twist numbers around to fit any agenda. But certainly the more people you have in one place the more of a burden they are going to be and the less resources available overall for everyone else, which is why you can get more services in Wyoming than you can in California. However if you are an undocumented alien you cant get jack $hit anywhere.

symbelmyne....

Having more people in one place doesn't always mean more of a burden and less resources available overall for everyone else. Sometimes the more people there are means more taxes being paid and more money to provide resources for the group, especially since government usually helps out, whether it be State, Local or Federal.

Example: I was raised Catholic and lived in a parish that was very crowded, but it was an affluent parish and the people contributed generously. Consequently, when I went to a private high school, my parents didn't have to pay tuition since our parish had so many people contributing that there was plenty of money left over and it was used to pay the tuition of the parish children.

Other times, if you have a lot of poor people in an area and no taxes being paid, then there can be less resources available.

Example is another pertaining to education: The border cities .... children of illegals overflooding the school system .... not enough schools since not enough people paying taxes .... trailers being used as classrooms in some instances.