Community > Posts By > shelltress

no photo
Thu 02/28/08 10:20 AM
Kudos on being a True Good Mommy(one of the hardest jobs in the world) A child is only a little adult that u build to have understanding of how smart and beautiful and lovely and gifted and powerful they are .... to have them grow in to the best possible person they can be. Good views, thank you for the comment. :wink:

no photo
Thu 02/28/08 10:02 AM
My daughter is 8 years old she has already come to me with questions about religion , I had to take a moment ( about a week to give myself time to see how I could go about it in the most loving and proper way and thought of the same questions u have just asked and my views are that .... The parents beliefs do affect a child, I myself was raised Catholic but am a Atheist now, As a young girl myself I never had any other knowledge about any other religion only that they were the wrong ones and we the Catholics were the only true right believers of the right faith/ God/ religion............ No one explained to me why the other religions were the wrong ones or what they truly believed or the differences of their religions to ours. So looking back and thinking about how I had the lack of knowledge or someone to allow me the opportunity to be exposed to other books ( bibles/debates/ history and any other information on other religions .....I was forces to be molded to what my parents believed and that was it.

I came to the decision to allowed my daughter to know that when it is her time to come to a decision on religion it is her decision and hers alone..... when she finds facts and or that gut feeling that a certain religion is for her or if any at all, that it is up to her and that I Mommy have no say in what she feels to be the truth inside of her.

I don't know it all, but I do know that I would feel awful if i were to mold my child's hopes or idea of belief based just on my own views, I don't want that much control over her. I want her to grow to be smart and understand that knowledge and deep thought and feeling is key to find that perfect fit to what u believe or don't believe and that word of mouth should never be just good enough not even if its coming from a parent, that she must take the time to study up on it and be sure and true of how she feels about it. I love her enough that I put my own views aside (which is hard at times believe me ) and allow her to gather info for her self, ( as in exposing her to many different religions beliefs / documentaries / church/ bibles stories for her age group /etc. The key thing about being a parent is u never know what ur doing is the right perfect way but u hope u give ur child enough information that it allows them to have their own thoughts/ opinions/ ideas and builds them in to a open minded adult, I don't want to repeat a mistake of having a blinder over her eyes about other religions such it was placed on me as a child. My job is to love her no matter what and if to love her is to put my views aside to allow her to gather her own then so bit it.

If she grows to be a Catholic/Christian/a Jehovah's witness/ Muslim/Atheist/ or any other, I love her and shes my baby and all I can do is be happy she found something she believes to be a true fit for her.

no photo
Thu 02/28/08 09:10 AM
Edited by shelltress on Thu 02/28/08 09:11 AM
student teacher

no photo
Thu 02/28/08 09:08 AM
Has nice manners and knows how to use them flowerforyou

no photo
Thu 02/28/08 09:06 AM
Humm so they love u more for what u eat then who u are ? noway No way then thats not the perfect match. noway

no photo
Thu 02/28/08 09:02 AM
Welcome Bella, Well here is where u get to post spend time joking around at work or talk about seirous things, help others with questions or just hang and chit chat. Most of the time 95% everyone is cool and sweet:smile: and funny, but then again sometimes as u reply some might have rude commentsnoway but just brush it off and remember its online:wink: So hows the site treating u so far ?

no photo
Thu 02/28/08 08:57 AM
I dance doing the dishes to Prisoner, just the music alone is cool..good taste in music btw.

no photo
Thu 02/28/08 08:53 AM
Looks great in Red.

no photo
Thu 02/28/08 08:52 AM
Good picks, I like amber, one of my fav songs from them.

no photo
Wed 02/27/08 06:31 PM
plays on a slide in his house.

no photo
Wed 02/27/08 05:39 PM

sheltress doesnt know how to tell her parents that shes in love with george bush
Dude that made me throw up sick lol is in love with gummy bears

no photo
Wed 02/27/08 05:37 PM
happy lol is always happy and loves to laugh but won the creepy game frown

no photo
Wed 02/27/08 05:35 PM
lol ur weark as hell are u really on a site hating on me ? u dont even no me but yet for some reason u think my pic is fake and u act as tho ur intimidated by someone on a freaking site lol

likes being emo laugh

no photo
Wed 02/27/08 05:32 PM
has three nipples happy

no photo
Wed 02/27/08 05:31 PM
Stole my gold fish laugh

no photo
Wed 02/27/08 05:31 PM

hates pretty women laugh
hates beautiful ladies,feels threatenedlaugh laugh Actually,I hate unreal pics
Sorry to upset u but lol its me dang it that nice looking huh ?

In love with herself and will never find a man
Thats right ((UPLand)) ,you know whos got it,and who dont..devil :wink:
lol wishes i didnt have it lol but secretly hates that i do boo who who :tongue:

no photo
Wed 02/27/08 05:29 PM
Says for friends on my profile . bored at work is fun to be on here

no photo
Wed 02/27/08 05:27 PM

makes
counterfeit pennies
Told the cops abot them frown

no photo
Wed 02/27/08 05:27 PM
already have one lol

no photo