Community > Posts By > kiteman

kiteman's photo
Wed 05/13/09 02:34 AM

This is a very diverse group of people. Before I said anything, I read every posting that was here. It showed me that even though we have all experienced a loss, it is something you go through alone. People don't want you to be sad so they stop asking after awhile. Even having gone through this myself, I find myself at a loss for words whhen it happens to someone I know. I don't want to tell them how really hard it is or how long it really takes to recover.
Dave, I'm sure everyone who reads your comments cares, it's just not always easy to find the words to comfort someone else. You do matter!

Not even a reply except from Betty who I am friends with. I reply and I get no reply back

To admit, when it felt the memories again, I stopped coming. I cloaked my comfortabilities in complacency. Sometimes between responders there seems to be a conversation it does not feel right to enter into, a privacy, a conversation that the two are in the know about and it would be out of context to divert. I have felt that many times.

I always feel bad that is why I joined this forum.

it helps for me sometimes.

It did help at first, I met Betty but now it seems like no one is interestewd in talking to me intill today.
Im sorry for you loss Dave.
Maybe because no one new you had a problem in here untill you brought it up. Hi Dave Tim here. I had been on here for over a year and never heard from anyone, then I started Posting in the over 50's. Big difference now, but you have to post and get to know EVERY one not just a select few. I don’t care if I’m chatting it up with a guy or gal; it’s just nice to have someone close to my own age. And you may want to drop some of your mail preferences it’s hard for someone to drop you an e-mail if you have them blocked because there not what your looking for, then if your getting to much crap in your mail re set it. JMO

I have posted a lot in the over 50 forum

kiteman's photo
Wed 05/13/09 02:33 AM

This is a very diverse group of people. Before I said anything, I read every posting that was here. It showed me that even though we have all experienced a loss, it is something you go through alone. People don't want you to be sad so they stop asking after awhile. Even having gone through this myself, I find myself at a loss for words whhen it happens to someone I know. I don't want to tell them how really hard it is or how long it really takes to recover.
Dave, I'm sure everyone who reads your comments cares, it's just not always easy to find the words to comfort someone else. You do matter!

Not even a reply except from Betty who I am friends with. I reply and I get no reply back

To admit, when it felt the memories again, I stopped coming. I cloaked my comfortabilities in complacency. Sometimes between responders there seems to be a conversation it does not feel right to enter into, a privacy, a conversation that the two are in the know about and it would be out of context to divert. I have felt that many times.

It did help at first, I met Betty but now it seems like no one is interestewd in talking to me intill today.
Im sorry for you loss Dave.
Maybe because no one new you had a problem in here untill you brought it up. Hi Dave Tim here. I had been on here for over a year and never heard from anyone, then I started Posting in the over 50's. Big difference now, but you have to post and get to know EVERY one not just a select few. I don’t care if I’m chatting it up with a guy or gal; it’s just nice to have someone close to my own age. And you may want to drop some of your mail preferences it’s hard for someone to drop you an e-mail if you have them blocked because there not what your looking for, then if your getting to much crap in your mail re set it. JMO

I have posted a lot in the over 50 forum and some other forums Nobody wants to get to know me.

kiteman's photo
Wed 05/13/09 02:31 AM

I REALLY MISS MY HUSBAND AFTER FIVE YEARS NOW

It was 20 years in April I lost my wife and I still miss her.

kiteman's photo
Tue 05/12/09 03:14 PM

kiteman's photo
Tue 05/12/09 03:11 PM

I sweet, cin, Dave and sharris, I don't think it so much that they don't care but a lot of the people on here still work and have children.. I think they just get busy and don't have as much time as some like myself..I'm retired but keep myself busy too..

Hi and I do not think that is it. Days go by and no relpy

kiteman's photo
Tue 05/12/09 03:05 PM

kiteman's photo
Tue 05/12/09 02:37 PM

kiteman's photo
Tue 05/12/09 10:16 AM

Hi Dave
I am still a newbie so I am still learning the ropes around here. At first I felt that my posts got quickly overlooked but I know now that is not the case. I am sure there are some strong companionships that have formed over time. Someday we will be in with them, but I do they read our posts and they care and they certainly make us feel wellcome.

Teresa, I was at one of the hosp. my husband was in and the dr. looked at me and pulled me aside and got me set up at the clinic. I was dehydrated, low on all vitamins, had to give myself B12 shots, and was very depressed and run down. I have spent the the last few months trying to rest and get healthy. People tell me I look better but I still feel exhausted most of the time. I notice my verbage is different since the accident, everything I refer to is before the accident, after the accident, and after Rick died. They all say it gets better with time so I am praying that it does. On myspace I have made it where I can go there and listen to "our songs" look at "our Pictures" and cry when I have to. Again thank you all for letting me just write. Bless you all.

Hi back, I have been around for a while and I still feel like and outsider.
Welcome to Over 50

kiteman's photo
Tue 05/12/09 09:47 AM

I was going to email you and talk but I am blocked because of your age limit...My name is Carole

My name is Dave. I will unblock

kiteman's photo
Tue 05/12/09 09:37 AM

Hi Dave, I have never said hello because I haven't seen you here..but I'm not always around...welcome to our site...Hi ladies, how is everyone doing today?
I just wanted to say that my husband was sick with Alzheimers and had 2 back surgeries before he died.. the last 4 mo he was in a nursing home for rehab from his last surgery..When he passed my sister stayed the first 2 nights until my daughter could get there and then she stayed for a week.. My daughter insisted we go to a movie one day, didn't want to go but she insisted.. It did feel good to just get out and laugh.. We saw " Wild Hogs". I hadn't done anything in a long time and felt guilty about doing that..I also lost my mother 7 mo after my husband..My children lost their father in 2000, he died suddenly at work and they still are dealing with that...everyone is different in how we grieve...If not for a lot of people here and on another dating site I would not have made it thru the winter...thanks to all of you.. sorry its so long...:smile:

Thank you for the hello. I am in and out of this forum

kiteman's photo
Tue 05/12/09 09:23 AM

I see whenever I say how I feel no one replies or cares. I have known Betty for a while and she is the only friend I have made through Mingle 2. I care about people and I feel bad for all who have lost a loved one.

((((Dave)))flowerforyou
Don't fell that way hon. We all care on here and we have all been through the devastion of losing a loved one.
Just because someone didn't reply does not mean we don't care , we all do very much and we are all so sorry for each others losses and pain. flowerforyou flowerforyou

It's not just this group. I know I am not alone in losing someone. You are the only one who cares and says so. Still no one in this forum even acknowledges me, accept you. I have said welcome to Teresa and no reply

kiteman's photo
Tue 05/12/09 04:37 AM
Welcome and have fun

kiteman's photo
Tue 05/12/09 03:16 AM
I see whenever I say how I feel no one replies or cares. I have known Betty for a while and she is the only friend I have made through Mingle 2. I care about people and I feel bad for all who have lost a loved one.

kiteman's photo
Mon 05/11/09 09:45 AM
I was married less then three years, been a widower for 20 years and I am very lonely as I have no family near me

kiteman's photo
Sat 05/09/09 06:07 PM
Yes I do

kiteman's photo
Sat 05/09/09 06:04 PM

Betty is an :angel: I think all the ladys in here are

Ok Treasa you can believe him...just this oncelaugh laugh
you guys are CRAZY!!!!! I heard everyone was a hoot. Now I know it first hand.

we are crazy and we are ptoud of it!:banana: :banana: :banana:

" I have always been crazy it keeps me from going insane"
Waylon Jennings song

rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl Good one Dave:banana:

Thank you I love it

kiteman's photo
Sat 05/09/09 06:00 PM

Betty is an :angel: I think all the ladys in here are

Ok Treasa you can believe him...just this oncelaugh laugh
you guys are CRAZY!!!!! I heard everyone was a hoot. Now I know it first hand.

we are crazy and we are ptoud of it!:banana: :banana: :banana:

" I have always been crazy it keeps me from going insane"
Waylon Jennings song

kiteman's photo
Sat 05/09/09 05:17 PM
Hi Treasa, welcome to the group

kiteman's photo
Sat 05/09/09 05:03 PM
Hello to every one

kiteman's photo
Sat 05/09/09 04:58 PM

waving Hi Carol n Rob did ya have a good day?
Hi Rick. Nice day it was busy but I enjoy puttering
laugh noway Rick? Rick wholaugh BTW where as he been
Oops, didn't even realize I typed that. Sorry TIm. yea i don't know where rick has been.

Hi Kiteman
[/
quote]
Hi back