Community > Posts By > not1ofthecrowd

no photo
Tue 09/13/16 07:49 PM
Nice list - thanks for sharing.

1) be wary of a man who insists on telling you about all of his sexual experiences. (a form of bragging)
2) watch how a man treats waitresses or fast food employees.(I've had my own children work at fast-food places. (No man should make a 15 year old cry on her first day of work)
3) remember that any short temper he may show you will be 10 times worse later.
4)if a man,(even after being reminded of it) takes his long 6'2' strides into a store and leaves you in his dust, move on. He has no patience for you.

Fortunately, I've never had to deal with 1) or 2). With regard to 3) I haven't had anyone be short tempered at the dating/early stage, but it surfaced later on.... 4) something like that might have happened during a quarrel but not normally.

And NOW, the best part: What I truly appreciate in a man.

1) his smile. Men would do so much better if they would at least try to post a picture of themselves with a smile. A nice smile conveys your warmth and friendliness. A great smile will stop me every time.
2) eye contact is so very appealing. When you talk to me with eye contact you can melt my heart.
3) touching. I love to touch his arm or hold his hand. Giving and receiving affectionate during the day makes life so much better.
4) a phone call in the middle of day means you are thinking of me and can't wait to see me.

1) If they don't post a picture where they look "human"/kind/unassuming to me, I would trust my intuition and not respond.
2) Yes, lack of eye contact with me would be a red flag.
3) Affectionate is a prerequisite for me as well.
4) Very much relate to the phone call/keeping in touch during the day... as you said, just knowing that he's thinking of you is important; I need that!

no photo
Tue 09/13/16 07:33 PM

people without pictures ...This kind of defeats the purpose of internet dating... don't you think?!

IMO not really.
IMO I think internet dating would actually be more "successful" if no one was allowed pictures.

You make some very valid points, but the general expectation these days is to post a recent, non-blurred picture which actually shows your face as it is now. Given that this is SO easy in this day and age, NOT doing this is going be a red flag to anyone with an iota of emotional intelligence/ self preservation!

I just hope that you are only approaching the women WITHOUT pictures... to approach women with pictures would be highly hypocritical.

no photo
Mon 09/12/16 08:30 PM

hmmmm...just got one tonight that had no profile pic but sent me one in a message..did not take time to fill out his profile either

The fact that he has a picture but won't display it on his profile demonstrates that he's probably already in a relationship, and doesn't want to be recognized on here by an acquaintance.

no photo
Mon 09/12/16 08:20 PM
On all dating sites, there always seem to be some people without pictures or blurred pictures/pictures with just sunglasses (effectively no picture). This kind of defeats the purpose of internet dating... don't you think?!

Has anyone been contacted by a pictureless/blurred picture person? Do you rule them out immediately? (I do, of course!) I wonder whether they just communicate with other people with no pictures... I've always found it baffling...Anyway, what are your thoughts/experiences? If you are one of those people, why do you do it? I'd be interested in hearing your views.

no photo
Mon 09/12/16 07:53 PM
I don't have one thing but a number things that I find attractive:

*Genuine kindness (everyone says they're kind) but someone who really is kind and gentle; someone with integrity.

*Someone who shares my unusual pro-social justice/pro-life values.

*Someone who doesn't play the social games that 99.9% of people play.

I have a lot more to add but I'll end up writing an essay if I continue!

no photo
Sun 09/11/16 08:38 PM

What normally causes you to break up with others?

Do you wait for the other person to break up with you?

Do you purposely sabotage relationships when you are not feeling it any more?

I seem to always be the one that ends the relationship. The last two I ended because the men were playing games regarding phoning... I can't be with someone who I can't be myself with.

no photo
Sun 09/11/16 08:30 PM

i read your profile....thats a lot of issues, what about a time when couples

went out together to enjoy themselves and get to know each while they were at

it....and besides thats a lot to put on someones plate all at once....i met

someone one time that had a issue with people lying to to them.there were liars

around every corner and under every rock...once the person found out that not

all people will lie to him all of a sudden all the liars were gone.....WE

ATTRACT WHAT WE BELIEVE....ALWAYS WISH FOR WHAT YOU ''DO WANT''..NOT WHAT YOU DO

NOT WANT....WHEN YOUR MIND IS FOCUSED ON WHAT YOU ''DO NOT'' WANT YOU JUST GET

MORE OF WHAT ''DO NOT'' WANT....ALL SUCCESSFUL PEOPLE KNOW THAT........

.......................:smile: :smile:

Let's just agree to disagree.

no photo
Sun 09/11/16 07:52 PM

I think for me it's pretty simple.

(1) I can't stand shallowness in any form. Which, with all honesty, makes it hard for me on most dating sites. Shallowness abounds on all dating sites. Most look at the outer before they look at the inner.

(2) I can't stand trying to pull info out of someone. You can write whatever you want in your profile. But with all honesty, your profile is only who you "think" you are. Who you really are, comes out later. Some of it comes out in conversation.

(3) The conversationally challenged. A lot of people come to dating sites hoping to meet someone special. The thing is, a lot of people seem to have lost the art of conversation. Trying to talk to someone like this is a chore. It's like pulling teeth with nothing to dull the pain. I can't stand it. It stops me dead in my tracks.

(4) Crazy women. I sure there are crazy men on dating sites too. But as for me, I got over wanting a crazy woman years ago in my 20's.

(5) Women who do not read profiles.

(6) Women who seem to think that filling out a profile is optional.

(7) Women who don't seem to know what "soulmate" really is. (Not saying all are this way.)

The things I must have,

(1) See #1 #2 and #3 & #4 & #5 & #6 #7 above and think the opposite of these.

Great list; thanks for sharing... these are my comments:

1) Regarding shallowness, I feel that at least 99% of people are too shallow for me... it could be a high as 99.9%

2) Info on the person... you know, the initial profile (and message) is extremely important to me. That said, the next stage is communicating via email/the website and ascertaining how the person feels about some key values. Then I move on to the phone only if it looks like the person is a potentially good match based on what they have said so far in writing. I definitely agree that one can't take anything for granted and that you only get to know a person better after maybe meeting up a few times and talking at length on the phone.

3) Conversationally challenged... that's never been a problem for me because if he can't express himself well in writing I don't end up speaking to him.

4) There are lots of crazy men on dating sites; believe me! I don't interact with them because of the all the obvious red flags.

5) and 6) Do not read profiles/ do not fill out profiles... that is so annoying! But again, I never respond back to people who obviously haven't read my profile, so I never interact with those types.

7) Honestly, I don't think the general population knows what soulmate in a spiritual sense is... people into spiritual teachings and spiritual growth are the types who know what soulmate actually means. But even with them, I don't know the percentage who actually want a soulmate.

no photo
Sun 09/11/16 05:15 PM
For people who are looking for a soulmate relationship, it is very important to actually know what you want and what you don't want. What are your unique "MUST HAVES" and "CAN'T STANDS?" These are mine...

MY UNIQUE MUST HAVES:

1) You "get" and like what I've said on my dating profile, which means you are able to write me a thoughtful message that does justice to what I have shared;

2) you have something authentic to say on your profile that gives me some idea of who you really are;

3) you have a sincere/genuine/gentle/unassuming vibe;

4) you actually want a soulmate (not a date)/ you are a "serious relationship only" person.

MY UNIQUE "CAN'T STANDS"

1) Shallowness: sexual innuendos on profiles/ promiscuity;

2) shallowness (e.g. short messages, cut and paste messages);

3) shallowness: obsession with your potential partner's physical appearance;

4) shallowness: obsession with the woman having to be younger than you/ no older.

no photo
Tue 09/06/16 08:09 PM

Not to take any advice from anyone who hasn't got any for five years.
laugh laugh laugh

If you're referring to the date I am supposed to have joined this site, I did join in 2012 and left the site a long time ago... I decided to rejoin a few days ago and found that the system has kept my email address and "forced" me to use what I thought was a deleted account (which I have now updated) but I still have my old username.

Regardless, I'm sure you know that any woman can "get any" as you call it... !:) Anyone can do that but not everyone has what it takes to make a lasting quality relationship. Sorry to go all deep when you were just joking... (and for some reason I can't get these smileys to work so that I can make my responses more jovial... oh well)

no photo
Tue 09/06/16 07:52 PM
Edited by not1ofthecrowd on Tue 09/06/16 07:53 PM

My "no no" is very unusual given our "casual sex" culture today, and therefore I'd be pleasantly surprised if ANYONE agrees with me. Anyway, my advice is to NOT go on a date until you know enough about the person via email and phone to determine whether there's a chance of a serious relationship... the way I see it is there is no point in going on multiple dates with strange people and only being concerned about how they look... obviously if you're looking for casual sex, then that's okay... I'm answering this post with the assumption that some people are looking for long term serious relationships.

There are many on here that are looking for the same thing as you are. :wink:

Glad to hear at least one person feels that way :) ... however looking over some of the comments in this thread it looks like some of my most cynical assumptions are confirmed.

no photo
Tue 09/06/16 07:08 PM
My "no no" is very unusual given our "casual sex" culture today, and therefore I'd be pleasantly surprised if ANYONE agrees with me. Anyway, my advice is to NOT go on a date until you know enough about the person via email and phone to determine whether there's a chance of a serious relationship... the way I see it is there is no point in going on multiple dates with strange people and only being concerned about how they look... obviously if you're looking for casual sex, then that's okay... I'm answering this post with the assumption that some people are looking for long term serious relationships.

no photo
Sun 09/04/16 05:13 PM

Too many people use that word loosely. Why does everyone think of that label, that is only a "catch phrase", used too much. Does anyone think about that?

I absolutely agree that too many (actually most people) use the word "soulmate" too loosely. In my opinion, most people don't know what a soulmate is.

It is a very deep thing, Its a feeling, that isn`t tangible, not explainable. But only that particular couple know what they have. It`s the ultimate FEELING of the deepest of loving someone. You can`t share that with others when you feel it. They wouldn`t understand it. But they may see it in your eyes, or your attitude.

I can imagine what it would be like but I haven't experienced it yet; I really want to experience it... moving forward, I only want to be in a relationship if it is a soulmate relationship.

I knew that kind of love....it happened to me. I lost him, out of doing the right thing for all the wrong reasons.(I sent him away, to have him die in an avalanche). One great love. Now I am 83. Will I ever find that again. I `ve been single for 30 yrs, & keep looking.

Very moving post... I'm sorry that you lost your soulmate... but you know, you experienced what most people will never experience... I hope you experience it again - it's never too late :)

no photo
Sun 09/04/16 04:43 PM
I do wonder how many people genuinely want that... an awful lot of men seem to want to be treated badly; in other words, they seem to prefer women who are cold and aloof - women who illustrate the saying "treat em mean and keep em keen." I refuse to be like that; I'm not going to play games, and if I perceive that a man has the above-mentioned tendencies, I run a mile!

no photo
Sun 09/04/16 04:30 PM
Yes I do, and I proudly chose "marriage" as my relationship goal on my profile despite the fact that I know that is almost sacrilegious in today's society!

no photo
Mon 06/04/12 04:05 PM
Edited by not1ofthecrowd on Mon 06/04/12 04:07 PM
'Wild Horses' by the Rolling Stones...a good song to play if you are in a sad mood. sad

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g69labQKuuU/