Tue 08/24/10 07:39 AM
"Hans, I bid you beware of giving your heart to a dog to tear"

Kipling

AllenAqua's photo
Tue 08/24/10 07:37 AM
Good luck Miss Shutter... I hope it works out in your favor :smile:

AllenAqua's photo
Tue 08/24/10 07:30 AM
I'd like to know why one should let it all out... How would that really help anyone to express your true feelings to strangers?

How can this help you to be "healthy" ?

Even your closest friends can betray you on a bad day...

Unless you're in a running for some popularity contest, which I'm not, I don't see the point because you're more than likely to going to get some ersatz advice or insincere sympathy at best, or kicked in the head (because you admit you're down) for your trouble...

This is my true feelings on this particular matter...

Signed,

The grumpy Grinch

PS. By the way, I didn't steal Christmas or have wicked thoughts about Cindy Lou Who...

It's all a lie...

AllenAqua's photo
Fri 02/26/10 05:56 AM
yep...flowerforyou

AllenAqua's photo
Wed 02/17/10 05:52 AM
Yeah, interesting enough, but I've already found all this out the hard way...

You attempt to be open and honest, reveal your inner most thoughts and desires, they respond positively, then you're left to wonder "wth?" when you discover that the whole time you were only being used to prop up a virtual ego...

Give me being used in the real world over that crap any day...

grumble

AllenAqua's photo
Sat 01/30/10 04:16 PM

if only it were that easy.......but i keep trying

flowerforyou :smile:

AllenAqua's photo
Sat 01/30/10 08:29 AM
Maybe I shouldn't have said "inability". After thinking about it, I believe it may be more of an unwillingness...

Love requires sacrifice of self, responsibility and empathy. It requires faith, self examination, compassion...

In other words, love is work...

I think that maybe the nay-sayers are lazy to the degree that when they consider the message of Christ, they're looking at the work involved without really taking into account the pay off...

Some folks work so hard to avoid a little work...

imho

AllenAqua's photo
Sat 01/30/10 08:20 AM
Good day Roy & everyone:smile:

I'm not so sure about the sincerity of the folks who keep spouting that Jesus didn't exist. I'm not really educated on the subject, but my gut feeling is that a number of folks who consistantly post their objections to Christianity in particular, are mainly concerned with justifying their own lack of ability to love, which seems fruitless to me...

At least that's my take...

AllenAqua's photo
Sat 01/30/10 03:33 AM
It does sound good. I'll put in on my "must see" list. Thanks:smile:

I do love a good movie that makes you think, subtitles or not.

AllenAqua's photo
Sat 01/30/10 03:25 AM
lol , (so much for opinions from the peanut gallery eh...)

I haven't seen it yet. Is it as good as "The Notebook"? Something along the same lines ?

AllenAqua's photo
Sat 01/30/10 03:20 AM
Edited by AllenAqua on Sat 01/30/10 03:20 AM
I'd just finally finished reading the actual account of WW2 in "The rise and fall of the third Riech", when Inglorious Bastards was released. So that's why I was particularly interested...

AllenAqua's photo
Sat 01/30/10 03:16 AM
I guess you're right. Well then, the reason I liked the ending was because Pitt's character was dead on, imo, that the nazis should be indelibly marked for what and who they were...

Imagine how many escaped justice to go on and lead safe and profitable lives by claiming they weren't involved...

AllenAqua's photo
Sat 01/30/10 03:03 AM
(((princess))) Yes, hope you've been well.

Sort of hard to talk about a flick without spoiling it for others who haven't seen it yet...ohwell

AllenAqua's photo
Sat 01/30/10 02:55 AM
Edited by AllenAqua on Sat 01/30/10 02:58 AM
Yes, good movie and worth the rental. Too bad it wasn't historically accurate though... It sure would have saved a lot of suffering, had things actually gone that way, except for the "master race".

Well actually, I guess it would have saved them suffering as well...

Once I was able to suspend disbelief, I liked the ending...

AllenAqua's photo
Fri 01/29/10 07:13 AM
Edited by AllenAqua on Fri 01/29/10 07:21 AM

Its not like you took the name of the Lord in vain, Allen. I get a lot of typos. I was just thinking of how one has to ask Jesus in their life before he can come in. The same is of a vampire and how a vampire has to be asked in. But Jesus was different than cannibals and vampires because he said this is my flesh and this is my blood at the Lord's supper. I don't think there could ever be a holy vampire or cannibal. What do you think?
laugh

That's funny Roy, thanks for the chuckle.

I can see why Msharmony would be curious about the origin of doubts about whether or not Jesus (the man) existed. I guess I answered that question for myself at my grandmother's knee because she believed he did exist, and since I never once witnessed her tell even a white lie, that was enough for me...

Before I invited the Lord Jesus into my heart and accepted his message and sacrifice as a completely real and living testimony, I thought like a lot of others and wondered why I should believe anything based on what someone else said(anyone besides grandma, that is...).

My "wonder" was sincere and because it was and still remains sincere, I'm blessed with a supernatural "knowing" in my heart that far outweighs any supposedly logical arguements to the contrary...

I'm comforted by the scripture that states that "every knee shall bow" but of course I am concerned for the lost among us.

Jesus said " I am the way, the light and the life". To me it's plainly obvious that his teachings were supernatural and far above what anyone else in history, living or dead has ever proclaimed.

The enemy knows full well and for certain that he has already been defeated so in his childish spite, he seeks to drag as many as possible down with him.

Arguements about whether Jesus even existed as a real person or was just an amalgom of other supposed prophets seem to me as just another way for the enemy to spread his lies so while they're interesting in-so-much as that they do inspire dialog, to me they're like arguing whether or not anything is "real".

I applaud Msharmony and others on this site and everywhere that they have been blessed with insight and the articulate skill to share them in those debates but I don't feel particularly called to engage in them myself.

(edited for spelling errors again) (ugh)

AllenAqua's photo
Fri 01/29/10 06:14 AM

Although I do believe it's a valid question, I don't choose to overly concern myself with it.
I believe that God's love is supernatural and that Jusus came to display that higher love in terms we can understand, if we seek to understand...
I realize that as a Christian, it's my responsibilty to "be a light unto the world" but at the same time, it's not my responsibility to focus on the trickery and lies of the enemy...

btw Msharmony. I have not yet formally said hello and introduced myself to you. Hello, I'm Allen and I've always enjoyed reading your posts and responses. I admire the way that you stand up for your principles and it does give me hope and strength to know folks like you are out thereflowerforyou .

Hey ya Rainbow! Hope you're doing well my friend:smile: .

(edited for spelling errors)

Yo Roy, doing well thanks and glad you are too...

arrrg.... can't believe I misspelled the Lord's name...

Jesus, not "Jusus"... (have another cup of coffee & wake-up already Allen!)

AllenAqua's photo
Fri 01/29/10 04:55 AM
Edited by AllenAqua on Fri 01/29/10 04:56 AM
Although I do believe it's a valid question, I don't choose to overly concern myself with it.
I believe that God's love is supernatural and that Jusus came to display that higher love in terms we can understand, if we seek to understand...
I realize that as a Christian, it's my responsibilty to "be a light unto the world" but at the same time, it's not my responsibility to focus on the trickery and lies of the enemy...

btw Msharmony. I have not yet formally said hello and introduced myself to you. Hello, I'm Allen and I've always enjoyed reading your posts and responses. I admire the way that you stand up for your principles and it does give me hope and strength to know folks like you are out thereflowerforyou .

Hey ya Rainbow! Hope you're doing well my friend:smile: .

(edited for spelling errors)

AllenAqua's photo
Fri 01/29/10 04:07 AM
no

AllenAqua's photo
Thu 01/28/10 12:40 PM
Dad's favorites were

"you've been drinkin muddy water again" when we were standing in front of the tv screen

"don't ever wrestle with a pig, because you both get dirty but the pig's the only one who has any fun"

"don't tell your momma"

"hotter'n hades"

"how many times have I told you?" (more of a rhetorical question, I learned)

"you kids want me to pull this car over!!!? Well??? DO YOU???"

"you don't work... You don't eat!"

"not THAT wrench you idjit, the OTHER wrench"

Mom's were

"to the South Pole to see the sun set..." (when asked where she was going)

"close the door, you're lettin the flys out"

"were you born in a barn?" (gee mom...don't YOU know?)

"He ain't got the sense God gave a goose" (loved that one)

"eat it and shut up"

"just wait til your dad gets home"

"I said NOT a PEEP!"

"tough titty for the kitty but the milk's still good"

"is that what they teach you in school?"

" take that garbage out "

"just look at me that way again...go ahead...do it..."

"I love you more than pancakes" (Rest well mom...We all miss ya...flowerforyou )

AllenAqua's photo
Thu 01/28/10 06:33 AM
Thank you Shineytruthflowerforyou

It gave me goosebumps ! (the good kind...)

:smile:

1 2 10 11 12 14 16 17 18 24 25