Community > Posts By > moofooga

no photo
Tue 08/11/09 08:40 PM
Raccoons are racist.

no photo
Tue 08/11/09 08:28 PM
The Perseids shower inspired John Denver to write "Rocky Mountain High"? I thought it was from his apparent love of ganja that was his inspiration for the song! laugh

no photo
Tue 08/11/09 08:26 PM

so your last ex...

should you run into him/her at some point soon, would you be polite, indifferent or standoffish?

I'd probably avoid the ex at all costs.

no photo
Tue 08/11/09 08:23 PM

I just ordered a Q9550 Core 2 Quad which I know has an awesome ability to be overclocked, figuring it starts at 2.83Ghz and I could up it too 3.0Ghz after I get my fans and coolers hooked up. Coming with a Zotac GeForce 9300 motherboard which is also apparently an excellent motherboard for overclocking (considering it is Zotac, I almost went with the XFX GeForce but the heat dispersion sucks on the XFX board).

Anyone have any experience overclocking a Core 2 Quad processor? Is it easy? I have had my current Core 2 Duo overclocked but it was admitting too much heat so I took it back to factory standard (which still runs at the max heat for the proccesor).

I almost never overclock, as doing so can void the warranty on your CPU. Besides- with the prices for processors being as cheap as they are at present, you'd probably be better off just springing for the faster CPU in the first place.

If you're still getting major heat issues even with your processor being at stock clocks, chances are that you didn't seat the heatsink/fan assembly properly. Either that or there's either too little (if any) thermal paste squeezed on. I'd check to see if the fan is properly seated and those little pin-like fasteners at the corners of the fan/heatsink are pushed down far enough to keep the assembly attached to the processor.

no photo
Tue 08/11/09 08:17 PM
So not so.

Chiweenie.

no photo
Tue 08/11/09 07:01 PM

why u men have given up commitment? what r u so afraid of?

We haven't given up on commitment. We're tired of being jerked-around.

no photo
Tue 08/11/09 10:16 AM

'I used to hurry a lot,I used to worry a lot.'. (Apologies to Don Henley). I have adopted the philosophy of apathy. I am not worried about healthcare,I don't panic if Mingle has some tech glitches and I don't care about poor people in third world countries. My only concern are things that directly relate to my self-preservation and happiness. Since adopting this attitude,I find I am calmer and happier. Embrace Apathy!! be seeing you

Yeah, I hear ya buddy. I could care less about Obamacare and the poop-storm it will surely bring about... I could care less about what happens in Darfur or some other part of the globe whose name I can't even pronounce... and I could especially care less about animal-rights nutcases and their drug-addled beliefs on animal cruelty and stuff. It's all just a big ol' heap of malarkey, and I could care less about all of it.

no photo
Tue 08/11/09 12:42 AM

so you meet someone who is every single thing you could possibly want in a significant other - hilariously funny, intelligent, generous, crazy about you etc etc, but you are not physically attracted to him/her.

he/she does not want to remain in your life as just a friend (or even a very close friend that you very much treasure), it's all or nothing.

what do you do?

If they want out, they can leave. If they mess up, they're out- they only get one shot. End of story.

no photo
Tue 08/11/09 12:03 AM

All men think they need a million dollars before they can date a woman. They want/need to be financially secure or they feel inadequate. Textbook psychology at its best!!slaphead

And that's probably because they do.

no photo
Mon 08/10/09 11:43 PM

What are your favorite AS shows?

Robot Chicken rules. I've got Seasons One AND Two, as well as both Star Wars specials, and I'm aiming to get Season Three at some point in the near future as well.

no photo
Mon 08/10/09 11:41 PM

The bernie mac show had this as their plot..... I'm just curious what other people think

The sex isn't the problem- it's the unplanned pregnancies and the potential for STDs that are the problem. So yeah- you'd simply HAVE to talk to the young'uns about contraception, and before it's too late at that.

Just wishing the subject would go away by promoting abstinence over contraception has been proven to be a pipe dream at best as the kids will go out and bump uglies anyway. Even worse is the fact that they won't be informed about the consequences of unprotected sex, which can outweigh the supposed moral niceties that comes with preaching abstinence.

I'd rather arm my kids with useful information (and not holier-than-thou nonsense) when it comes to sex, as I'd be fooling myself otherwise.

Heck- from what I understand, Ex-Prez George W. Bush is considered a hero in Africa, as he evidently managed to do what no other president has managed to- enact contraception policies that have not only lowered the out-of-control birth rates there, but have ALSO resulted in a record decline in new HIV cases as well.

Of course, it makes you wonder why he didn't think to adopt the same policies here in the U.S., too.

no photo
Mon 08/10/09 09:00 PM

How many of us out there are afraid to get back into or even into a relationship? I know i am. Not for lack of trying thats for sure. I have a problem with giving my whole heart upfront and then having it broken again and again. I never have understood why the one thing that most people strive for is the most painful thing we can encounter. I want to be in love. But I dont think the person that needs my love is in my area or state for that fact. I like to have my cards read to me, but everytime i do my future always seems to be dark like failure is all i am destined to have. This freaks me out what if i am never to love again? I doubt that but its always playing in the back of my mind.

You don't even need to be a phone call away from being on your knees. One flippant IM, email, or text-message would be enough to do that.

And I'm not so much afraid to get into another relationship as so much as I'm just not gonna waste my time on such a venture anymore. It's just a complete and total joke.

no photo
Mon 08/10/09 08:46 PM
Not crushing.

Chiweenie.

no photo
Mon 08/10/09 07:13 PM

Hi minglers pls this dating stuff does it really work bcos i have been here for almost a year now but it is unfortunate i have not got what am looking for those ones that have shown interest are not serious infact this is real crazy i have never experience such so what do you think.

Nope. It's all a complete farce. Just like Linsay Lohan's career.

no photo
Mon 08/10/09 07:10 PM
Single as a Chiweenie.

no photo
Mon 08/10/09 07:06 PM
Yeah. Regaining trust is incredibly difficult if not impossible. And your chances of regaining it don't go up if you end up meeting up with other ladies who end up playing the same game on you.

no photo
Mon 08/10/09 05:54 PM
Chiweenie!!!

no photo
Mon 08/10/09 05:52 PM
Chiweenie???

no photo
Sun 08/09/09 11:48 PM
Chee-wee-KNEE.

no photo
Sun 08/09/09 11:37 PM
Chee-wee-wee.