Community > Posts By > moofooga

no photo
Thu 08/13/09 11:50 PM

...at this point in your life? If so, why so?

I figured I'd have gotten my head blown off by some dirtbag gangbanger back when I was in high school, as that kind of nonsense ran rampant back in the day, if not by my own hand.

no photo
Thu 08/13/09 11:02 PM
crap.

no photo
Thu 08/13/09 11:00 PM
Soylent Green

no photo
Thu 08/13/09 09:17 PM
A "Fuzzy Toejam". Classic.

no photo
Thu 08/13/09 09:14 PM
And if that doesn't work.... flash him!

no photo
Thu 08/13/09 07:44 PM
You don't know the half of it!

They were doing the whole bible-thumping business the whole time, too- they really played up the whole "doing god's work" nonsense, which would be fine if they weren't trying to skim production money at the same time.

no photo
Thu 08/13/09 07:42 PM
Chiweenie!!!???!!!!!!?!?!!!!?!

no photo
Thu 08/13/09 07:28 PM

Do you love your work or just do it to get paid?

If you don't love it, why haven't you done something about it?

Prostitutes please don't answer...laugh

My job used to be quite interesting- there was an almost-constant change of scenery with each job... it was challenging... and the money used to be pretty decent.

But then a former-President signed NAFTA into law, which essentially resulted in all of my work leaving for cheaper foreign markets. With that came a substantial downturn as far as the number and quality of work out there.

Now most of my jobs are nothing more than exercises in futility, anguish, and exacerbated bad tidings toward those in upper management, who clearly don't have a clue as to do their jobs.

If I didn't have family in the business (who I'm currently helping keep THEM out of the poorhouse), I woulda gotten out a long time ago.

no photo
Thu 08/13/09 07:22 PM

How much does your employer value your personal safety?

Mine? They dont seem to give a crap.

I work nights in an office, and there are only ever two of us here. A few months ago someone broke in here, he came pretty much face to face with my colleague(through a glass door), and luckily was scared off. He would have expected the building to be empty, he was just here to steal some things, we believe.

Since then, the security here has been upgraded, slightly. But, an alarm just activated here(which turned out to be a false alarm), and it brought to light some more issues. For one, we really dont have a great deal of choice but to go check out the alarm ourselves. ok, we dont HAVE to, but we feel like we are sitting ducks if we stay where we are. Thats mainly because somebody might possibly be choosing to enter the building to come directly to where we are working, because we can do certain things from here that might be of use to someone after some highly valuable things(im talking MEGA high). Really, it should be next to impossible for anyone to penetrate the walls to this place.

Secondly, this activation highlighted that the alarm system doesnt even work properly, and the alarm points on our map, are incorrect. Lastly, the CCTV is next to useless, with all the lights turned out(we are told to turn the lights out).

Worst thing about it, is that i work for a security company. I am not a security guard however, certainly not for the building i work from anyway.

I guess i could kick up a big stink about it, but then maybe that will put me on the list of the next batch of people to be made redundant.

Anyway, thats my rant over, what are your stories of your employer failing in their duties to protect you?

Employee safety in my industry is an issue only when the studio's/production company's/producers' liability is at stake... meaning they'll only make it enough of an issue when they stand to get sued. Otherwise, they could care less about the employees or what happens to them during the course of a TV or film production.

I took a pretty bad slip and fall while I was in Panama filming a Christian-themed bio pic back in 2004.

They were filming some scenes up on a hill, and I was carrying some fire extinguishers up to where they were filming for fire protection. It had just rained (as it always does down there), and the ground (some red clay-like stuff they actually brought in from elsewhere) had turned into a sticky mud that stuck to the treads in your boots. At least they did that to mine, that is.

As I crested the apex of the hill, one of my legs swept out from under me and I ended up doing a Home Alone-like pratfall on the ground. I couldn't move for a good thirty seconds as I literally slid back down the hill. Thank goodness I didn't get smacked by one of those extinguishers.

The Christian producers promised up and down that they were gonna get me all checked out and stuff, but THAT consisted of some nutty Panamanian EMT trying to stick me with a rather questionable syringe, which I wasn't having.

And THEN they liquidated their "non-profit" corporation acting as their production and started up a whole new "for profit" one, which essentially meant I couldn't go after them for my worker's compensation insurance.

no photo
Wed 08/12/09 11:12 PM
Not. Crushing.

no photo
Wed 08/12/09 11:02 PM

Some of the things that women do...

are appearently clueless...

so ladies why does such a wonderful creature need to be nuts also?

Yes. Women ARE nuts. Almonds, in fact!

no photo
Wed 08/12/09 10:11 PM

IS it that they want their women to have implants ?! OR Botox? What is the real Scoop, Men?spock

I just want my woman to not actually be a mid-forty year-old postal-carrier named Earl.

no photo
Wed 08/12/09 10:09 PM

Moofie...

May I ask, why should they?

Why do they need to look backwards?

When their lives are based HERE, NOW....and in the forwards of life?

Kids know more than we give them credit for....:wink:

Why should they? So they can learn from the mistakes of their predecessors, that's why.

For example- nobody seems to get what the REAL reason for our current economic downturn is... speculation, not only in the stock market, but also in the real-estate and mortgage industries. It's essentially one of the major causes of the Great Depression over seventy years ago, and -despite that fact- no one even remembers or even bothers to TRY to remember.

It's like the saying goes, "those who do not learn from the mistakes of the past are doomed to repeat them".

no photo
Wed 08/12/09 10:01 PM
Kids nowadays have the attention-span of a flea, and they simply aren't interested in anything that happened before they were born. Heck- most aren't even interested in stuff that happened five minutes ago.

no photo
Wed 08/12/09 09:59 PM

I heard windows being smashed . I called the cops and ran outside. saw 2 guy get in the car.For some reason I picked up a big rocked and threw it 20 feet towards the getaway car and it shattered their back window...then I ran like a little girl hahaaahaha...apparently there is a cop coming to get a statement. God bless you red bull!

I will keep you guys posted!!!

Was one of the assailants dating the person owning the car? I mean... that's the only thing that would explain why this is in the DATING AND RELATIONSHIPS thread, you know? laugh

no photo
Wed 08/12/09 09:58 PM

:heart: The man I love(who dumped me)started talking to me again and we've seen each other a few times.The problem is,I've been with someone for 3 months who loves me,but I can never love him because my heart is with the other guy. :heart: What should I do? :heart:

Make them duke it out Vulcan-style, just like how Spock and Kirk fought on Star Trek. That ought fix the situation.

no photo
Wed 08/12/09 08:39 PM

Am I alone in this feeling?

And so are a number of members here.

no photo
Wed 08/12/09 07:23 PM
Well... the computer component fab companies should be engineering robustness into their designs anyway to make sure their stuff actually works the way it should. However, since the vast majority of companies out there don't even test their products to any real degree (as I found out when the south-bridge chip in a SOYO motherboard literally exploded as I powered up after a build- and yeah... it was a serious design defect), the chance that anyone would actually engineer any amount of durability into their products is pretty much nil.

And -like I said- the way prices are falling for CPUs nowadays, you'd probably be better off just buying a higher-clocked chip. Or- with quad-core CPUs essentially taking over the roost that dual-core chips had the last year or so- just go THAT route, as the whole point of multi-core CPUs is to get performance upgrades WITHOUT having to overclock.

And I manage to get some pretty decent temps out of my stock Intel fan/heatsink. Sure, it's not like strapping on some monstrous Thermaltake or Zalman unit or even going liquid-cooled for your cooling purposes, but I manage to stay between 42 and 45-degrees C even when ambient temps are pushing into the mid-nineties.

I just think overclocking is just a lot of work with little payoff, at least nowadays, that is. If you were to get at least double the clock speed out of a processor with jump of a couple of bins, then fine... but i just don't see enough benefit especially when knowing of the consequences.

no photo
Wed 08/12/09 06:52 PM
Hey, Liz. smitten

no photo
Tue 08/11/09 08:45 PM
Raccoons are even more racist.