Community > Posts By > joycro53

joycro53's photo
Sun 04/27/08 07:12 AM

Maybe I am wrong...but "my" perception of being involved is commitment,...being in a relationship.

That involves day to day interactions, being in society together, experience new things and places, interact with family, sexual relations, being able to call that person and get together within an hour to do something...

I just dont see how you can do that online? That's not possible. I see the online dating as a tool to start conversation with someone local, then meet up and start getting to know one another...I cant get to know someone as I would see fit online...

I wish you the best and hope it works for you flowerforyou

You have your right to an opinion, but when I say involved I am saying that I look forward to talking to and getting a phone call from one particular person, its the foundation to a possible relationship in person. The conversations I have had have been for over 4 months now and it has been fun getting to know that person. He does live on the west coast and is away on business but we always talk no matter what. That is what I call involved.

Well thank you Jim, I hope it works too!!!

joycro53's photo
Sun 04/27/08 07:09 AM

Maybe I am wrong...but "my" perception of being involved is commitment,...being in a relationship.

That involves day to day interactions, being in society together, experience new things and places, interact with family, sexual relations, being able to call that person and get together within an hour to do something...

I just dont see how you can do that online? That's not possible. I see the online dating as a tool to start conversation with someone local, then meet up and start getting to know one another...I cant get to know someone as I would see fit online...

You have your right to an opinion, but when I say involved I am saying that I look forward to talking to and getting a phone call from one particular person, its the foundation to a possible relationship in person. The conversations I have had have been for over 4 months now and it has been fun getting to know that person. He does live on the west coast and is away on business but we always talk no matter what. That is what I call involved.

joycro53's photo
Sun 04/27/08 07:05 AM

I do, I never get too squirrely over someone online. But then again, my experience online so far has not been that great. They're either complete psychopath or come in weighing at 300+ pounds when their profile says average. It's safe to say, I have my doubts from the get go.

Just don't give up, someone will come along when you least expect it.

joycro53's photo
Sun 04/27/08 06:54 AM

I will never understand being "involved" online..noway

How does that work?

Its wanting and waiting to talk to each other, and feeling great about it.

joycro53's photo
Sun 04/27/08 06:52 AM

when you are involved with someone online if it is real, or do you second guess yourself?? If he says all the things you want to hear, and sounds genuine, do you second guess yourself?

Yes, I do...it is human nature. I think nature gives us an inner alarm that sounds off when things are just not right...it is called intuition. I am not one to push fate. If something doesn't feel right...I try to listen to my inner alarm because I know it will be better in the long run.

Well my inner alarm goes off all the time, and I don't know if I am doing it to protect myself or if its the real thing anymore.

joycro53's photo
Sun 04/27/08 06:40 AM
when you are involved with someone online if it is real, or do you second guess yourself?? If he says all the things you want to hear, and sounds genuine, do you second guess yourself?

joycro53's photo
Sun 04/27/08 06:23 AM

Being alone is not all its cracked up to be, guess I am the kind of person who loves company, lol
there must be a difference, but when you get the head and the heart together and tough love kicks in you can pretty much say your alone.

Never say never, it will happen for everyone eventually.

joycro53's photo
Sun 04/27/08 06:20 AM
Being alone is not all its cracked up to be, guess I am the kind of person who loves company, lol

joycro53's photo
Sun 04/27/08 06:15 AM
Welcome, its going to rain here in NY but still won't stop me from going out today!! Have fun

joycro53's photo
Sat 04/26/08 07:12 PM
If this person was a good friend, they would understand my opinion on this.

joycro53's photo
Mon 04/21/08 07:43 PM

I want your stapler

I have dibs on the shredder!laugh

Why? Are you shredding some evidence you don't want found should you be leaving too??

joycro53's photo
Mon 04/21/08 07:40 PM

That's when you casually say to them, "you know, if for any reason you were to not work here anymore, could I have your chair?"

There is a co-worker who hovers around the cubicle of the "next victim" when she hears the news just waiting for some goodies.

joycro53's photo
Mon 04/21/08 07:37 PM
being around a peson knowing they are going to be let go from thier job? This has happened three times at my job.

joycro53's photo
Mon 04/21/08 07:24 PM
Well I want to be one of the first to welcome you, from a native New Yorker.

joycro53's photo
Mon 04/21/08 07:01 PM
Personality, seems I draw people to me without even trying and some I can't get rid of.

joycro53's photo
Mon 04/21/08 06:54 PM
Hey there

joycro53's photo
Mon 04/21/08 06:48 PM
I was involved with a guy that would leave the house no matter how sick I was...and stay out all day so he would't get sick.

joycro53's photo
Mon 04/21/08 06:42 PM
Guess we are all activity partners, we are typing to each other aren't we? That's an activity!

joycro53's photo
Mon 04/21/08 06:20 PM
Welcome Zam

joycro53's photo
Sun 04/20/08 05:11 PM

Something personal about yourself.

I am really a sensittive person although I hide it well

I think life sucks and i don't hide it well

so glad you shared that

1 2 3 4 5 7 9 10 11 15 16