Community > Posts By > Jillybean31

Jillybean31's photo
Tue 04/01/08 04:08 PM
Edited by Jillybean31 on Tue 04/01/08 04:10 PM
I've only initiated one contact, and it was because he was my first mutual match and I was curious to get rolling. It was not mutual as it turned out...oh well. He was very sweet, I just don't think I was his type. I don't initiate anymore, figuring the only way to know who's interested is to check my mail.

Jillybean31's photo
Tue 04/01/08 03:56 PM

Love is over rated my friend...
Stick with all the hot sex you can find :tongue:

bigsmile bigsmile bigsmile
Wow, Brimstone! And I took you for a romantic. laugh

Jillybean31's photo
Tue 04/01/08 01:24 PM
Edited by Jillybean31 on Tue 04/01/08 01:27 PM
I did that...and since I love to cook, I used to pray for him to go out of town so I could make my favorite dishes without getting hassled for it. I loved him to death, but don't know that I could do that again. I make a point not to date vegans now so I don't risk falling for one...laugh

Jillybean31's photo
Tue 04/01/08 12:32 PM

im trying to get a beautiful woman to pay my billshappy
If you let me cook up that lobster, I'll consider it. Wait though...how bad are your bills first? laugh

Jillybean31's photo
Tue 04/01/08 12:31 PM

some people are on here to meet as many people as they can?
Online MEET market...laugh

Jillybean31's photo
Tue 04/01/08 12:18 PM

Jill do be with her at the end I held Simba as she got the shot and helped her to the other side!!! Fay will be waiting at the rainbow bridge for you. I have a BEAUTIFUL poem about dogs and the other side if ya ever want to read it!!! I believe Fay would tell you
"

"Grieve not, But laugh and talk of me as if I were beside you, I love you so and twas Heavan here with you!!!!" Now I am crying!!!brokenheart :cry:
Oh...I'm sorry to bring back the pain...you have made it through the brave part that I fear I might fail mine in...so you were truly a hero. :heart: I hope I will be able to be hers too.

Jillybean31's photo
Tue 04/01/08 12:14 PM

Try Dr. Franks Pet spray- it is sprayed in their water and
relieves pet pain. It is advertised on TV. Good for joints,
arthritis, etc... Its all natural too so it won't hurt them.

Try this and see if it helps on her bad days.
:heart: flowerforyou

I will look for the number and e-mail it to you as soon as I
find it.
Thank you so much. She's been on Glucosamine for about 6 months but it doesn't help as much as it did in the beginning. I will try anything to help her ease her stiff little body. There are other issues too though..a mammary tumor that, though non cancerous, is inoperable at her age, and a digestive disorder that just began last week. I'm looking for digestive health remedies too...but don't want to try anything too harsh or experimental at her age. She is 17 and her vet says that most of her breed live 12 at best. She has always been very healthy in her old age, but everything seems to be hitting at once now. I appreciate the suggestion and would love to try it.

Jillybean31's photo
Tue 04/01/08 11:44 AM
I'm sorry for your waterfall of misfortune. I lost a fiance a few years ago and know that every issue I had for a while after, seemed so much more daunting than when he was by my side. Suddenly alone is anxiety making without distress added on top. Someone told me that I would grow stronger with every step and I know now that it's true. Sending love and encouragement your way, hon! :heart:

Jillybean31's photo
Tue 04/01/08 11:08 AM
You are a sweetheart Shadow! flowerforyou

Jillybean31's photo
Tue 04/01/08 10:49 AM

awww Jill, i'm sorry... And its one of the hardest things I ever had to do. Putting my German Shepherd to sleep. He was only 6 but had severe arthritis, hip dysplasia to the point when it snowed and was really cold out we had to carry him. No small feat for a 125 pound dog... He also had a thyroid disorder and started having grandmal (sp? ) seizures. I cried for weeks afterwards. But he was in a much better place... And everytime he came out of a seizure.. he would hang his head and look really upset.. He knew he had pee'd or pooped on the floor and it was like he was ashamed...
Our vet came out to my van.. Let me hold him in my lap and show him ( Sarge ) I loved him till he was gone.. It was the longest drive home I ever made but he was buried in the families pet cemetary..

Sometimes its a matter of loving them enough to let them go.
Thank you so much for your story and understanding. I feel so much better knowing I'm not the only one who cares so much for their pet to turmoil over the end. I hope I'm as brave , but know that I'll be there in the end with her no matter what.

Jillybean31's photo
Tue 04/01/08 10:48 AM

awww Jill, i'm sorry... And its one of the hardest things I ever had to do. Putting my German Shepherd to sleep. He was only 6 but had severe arthritis, hip dysplasia to the point when it snowed and was really cold out we had to carry him. No small feat for a 125 pound dog... He also had a thyroid disorder and started having grandmal (sp? ) seizures. I cried for weeks afterwards. But he was in a much better place... And everytime he came out of a seizure.. he would hang his head and look really upset.. He knew he had pee'd or pooped on the floor and it was like he was ashamed...
Our vet came out to my van.. Let me hold him in my lap and show him ( Sarge ) I loved him till he was gone.. It was the longest drive home I ever made but he was buried in the families pet cemetary..

Thank you so much for your story and understanding. I feel so much better knowing I'm not the only one who cares so much for their pet to turmoil over the end. I hope I'm as brave , but know that I'll be there in the end with her no matter what.

Jillybean31's photo
Tue 04/01/08 10:47 AM

Jillybean31's photo
Tue 04/01/08 10:35 AM

It was the most difficult decision I have ever had to make. You will know when the time is right I believe. Good luck and I'm sorry.
Thanks so much...I sure hope I so.

Jillybean31's photo
Tue 04/01/08 10:34 AM

and when to let them go. The pressure of determining the right time, not denying them of one joyful day or making them suffer another, is just too tough to take. Any thoughts or encouragements on the subject would be helpful.

Anyone with the attitude that dogs are just dogs...please don't respond. This animal has been my partner in life for over half of my years and all of hers, and is a beloved and respected member of my family.

Here's my thing... if they're in pain, with no hope of recovery, it's better for them to go quietly with you there rather than them struggling painfully. It helps you be able to plan exactly how they're going to go, so you can do things to help get through it. You can even take the day off to pamper, or just cuddle with your pet, and then take them to the vet so they can go peacefully. My family has had to go through this a couple of times. It is hard to say goodbye, but this way, you can choose when and how, which can help you let go.
Thank you so much...I know I won't let her linger in pain...it would kill me even more than saying good bye.

Jillybean31's photo
Tue 04/01/08 10:32 AM

Jilly~ You have to ask your vet, really. I'd say it is when you know they are in pain more than not, when they can't eat or enjoy your love. flowerforyou
Thank you Lilith...love ya hon!

Jillybean31's photo
Tue 04/01/08 10:31 AM

i had 2 rots that i loved very much i had them since i was like 11 and i would play with them real ruff and they new that i was little and would not hurt me. threw all my family they only listend tome and would never bark or growl at me i loved them very much them being sisters i called them fina 1 and fina 2.
and then one day when i was about 17 they had broken in to our house and stole one of my dogs fina 2 and fina 1 was badly hurt.
sad that i had lots one of the family i took care of fina1 and she finally got better but right after that she got parvo if i spelled that right. their was nothing i could do at the time my father told me that she was going to put her down and i said on i wont let anybody put her down so i stay with her for the last min left and i saw how she was suffering and see her that way was to hard so i was the on who put her down cuz she was my dog i did it not saying u should be the one but in my case i would not let some else do it. so its hard and what ever choice u make he or she will always luv u no mater what remember thatflowerforyou take care
I will absolutely have to be with her til the last. She has never left my bedside when I've been sick, and I call in sick when she's ill too...she is my everything and I want to make sure I don't let her down in anyway...she's never let me down once.

Jillybean31's photo
Tue 04/01/08 10:16 AM
I finally found a picture from albums my mother emailed me this morning. There she is...my Precious Fay. She is 17 years old and only started aging much over the last year. That is a long and healthy lifetime of watching sea turtles on the beach, chasing lizards and cuddling with cats...she really loves cats. And, you would not believe how smart and human she is. I think she even has my sense of humor.

Thank you so much for your stories and support. I knew others have lived through these times before, and as much as I hated asking you to drudge up your memories of it...It means so much to me that you were here with me during this miserable time. Thank you all soooo much.

Jillybean31's photo
Tue 04/01/08 10:05 AM
Thank you guys. I may see another vet as hers is not helping much. He says that on her good days she's still a puppy, but on her bad days, he might recommend it. I think the hard part is in not knowing how much the good days mean to her...or if they just mean so much to me. The last thing I want is to cling selfishly to her life for my own purposes.

Jillybean31's photo
Tue 04/01/08 09:54 AM
and when to let them go. The pressure of determining the right time, not denying them of one joyful day or making them suffer another, is just too tough to take. Any thoughts or encouragements on the subject would be helpful.

Anyone with the attitude that dogs are just dogs...please don't respond. This animal has been my partner in life for over half of my years and all of hers, and is a beloved and respected member of my family.

Jillybean31's photo
Mon 03/31/08 11:40 PM

dont let the.....BED BUGS bite!!devil
ouch...too late! laugh

1 2 5 6 7 9 11 12 13 24 25