Community > Posts By > AtrueOne

AtrueOne's photo
Wed 10/08/08 05:02 PM
Wow guys thanks.....I'm gonna be here forabout 15 more minutes before I deactivate the profile

AtrueOne's photo
Wed 10/08/08 05:01 PM

How has everyone's day gone? Mine was LONG and way draining. I really wanted to throw my hands in the air and quit for a bit!

waving waving waving waving waving hey there...so it was a tough day huh? Did you get your review?

AtrueOne's photo
Wed 10/08/08 03:58 PM
It's been fun and I am grateful for all those I have been blessed to get to know. Leaving for the gulf coast. Keep us in prayer and know wach of my friends have been so appreciatedglasses

AtrueOne's photo
Tue 10/07/08 10:25 PM

You better come back in one piece, that's an order!

You got it hey I have been through this so many times hat I make every preperation...be good young manglasses

AtrueOne's photo
Tue 10/07/08 10:20 PM

It's been great...so many wonderful responses to te treads I wrote tonite..thank you. See you tomorrow nite for one last time. Ya'll have a great night

huh? why for the last time, why are you leaving

Yes for awhile. Going to the Texas Gulf coast to help with hurricane relief

AtrueOne's photo
Tue 10/07/08 10:15 PM
It's been great...so many wonderful responses to te treads I wrote tonite..thank you. See you tomorrow nite for one last time. Ya'll have a great night

AtrueOne's photo
Tue 10/07/08 09:32 PM

Well, in my mind it's not so much about me but rather the wonderful opportunities I've been fortunate enough to participate in to help others.

I am lucky enough to be involved with several non-profit groups that are dedicated to meeting the needs of those who are struggling and hurting, as well as several organizations that impact systemic change through legislation and policy changes. True change...

Beyond that, raising my sons to be honorable, charitable people who want to make a difference and give back, while practicing those concepts myself, is what I try to do on a daily basis. flowerforyou

Way cool a full and I am sure a happy lifeglasses

Well, as most of us can attest...some days it's VERY rewarding; some days it breaks your heart. All we can do is keep trying.

Thank you for caring, and for posting this thoughtful topic. flowerforyou

YOur are welcome I thought it would be nice to see this vast number of approaches. Helping has it's highs and lows (as you had mentioned), we also seem many times in those ow times feeling very alone...with this tread you can see you are not the "only one"bigsmile

AtrueOne's photo
Tue 10/07/08 09:30 PM

i just do "it" ....not looking for accolades

Thats is the approach we are all suppose to take...the truth is doing for praise is th wrong purpose. I tell people all the time that no tanks are neededas it is the very least any of us should do when we see a need

AtrueOne's photo
Tue 10/07/08 09:03 PM

Well, in my mind it's not so much about me but rather the wonderful opportunities I've been fortunate enough to participate in to help others.

I am lucky enough to be involved with several non-profit groups that are dedicated to meeting the needs of those who are struggling and hurting, as well as several organizations that impact systemic change through legislation and policy changes. True change...

Beyond that, raising my sons to be honorable, charitable people who want to make a difference and give back, while practicing those concepts myself, is what I try to do on a daily basis. flowerforyou

Way cool a full and I am sure a happy lifeglasses

AtrueOne's photo
Tue 10/07/08 08:51 PM

it dont always work and i cant be everywhere, so im not exactly changing the world,lol.

Changing one life at a time is changing the world

AtrueOne's photo
Tue 10/07/08 08:47 PM

That I consider many of you on here as being very special people..you are so acceptant and have proven to be good friendsglasses

You are sweet!flowerforyou

blushing blushing awwwww schucks

AtrueOne's photo
Tue 10/07/08 08:44 PM

Helping people opening their imaginations with my stories...Hopefully:banana: ohwell

Hey kiddo how goes the book sales?

AtrueOne's photo
Tue 10/07/08 08:43 PM

I never reproduced:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Thank you for your contribution for the betterment of mankindbigsmile

AtrueOne's photo
Tue 10/07/08 08:38 PM

Does raising 2 amazing, smart, and socially responsible kids (now 22 & 17) count? If so, then I feel like I can at least post a response...
They are ABSOLUTELY my best work in life!

Raising children to be accountable and responsible is making things better one person at a time. Moms and dads who raise children to be socially concious adults deserve medals

AtrueOne's photo
Tue 10/07/08 08:33 PM
doing to make the world a better place?

AtrueOne's photo
Tue 10/07/08 08:04 PM
It takes more than talk to change the world. Sometimes ya gotta get out from behind the computer roll up your sleeves and apply yourself and change lives

AtrueOne's photo
Tue 10/07/08 08:04 PM
It takes more than talk to chage the world. Sometimes ya gotta get out from behind the computer roll up your sleeves and apply yourself and change lives

AtrueOne's photo
Tue 10/07/08 08:00 PM
Edited by AtrueOne on Tue 10/07/08 08:01 PM

Awwww... that is sweet.

I feel the same way about many of my friends. Just remember, Just because our "special" friends strap on a lacrosse helmet when they get on the short bus.....That don't make them atheletes.

hehehehehehehe

But it does make em special....in a forrest gump kinda way. But all my friends are special in so many ways.

AtrueOne's photo
Tue 10/07/08 07:29 PM

That I consider many of you on here as being very special people..you are so acceptant and have proven to be good friendsglasses

HERE HERE!!!drinks

There there:banana:

AtrueOne's photo
Tue 10/07/08 07:27 PM

count me in

If your serious message me directly so I can give you specific details

Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 24 25