Community > Posts By > AtrueOne

AtrueOne's photo
Mon 10/06/08 10:46 PM

well i agree, i ahte people who do that also, none the less every 'gift" and sign as you said can be explained rationally with science, where is the completely unexplainable miracle that makes me jump for joy and KNOW that there is something beyond this life? ive never seen nor heard of it.

(thats like a 1st edition pic,lol, i only been in it since 2nd)

I sincerly hope someday you get some level of evidence that you haven't seen yetglasses

AtrueOne's photo
Mon 10/06/08 10:12 PM
Hope ya'll have a great night. I'll see ya laterwaving waving waving

AtrueOne's photo
Mon 10/06/08 09:34 PM

Bergeia....read it again and THIS time, ask God to open up your eyes and ears of Understanding of His Word..and God Will....Promise.flowerforyou

The Bible is Sooooo Deep and Rich in Meaning and Wisdom and Understanding....one could study it for a lifetime, and never get all the rich meaning out of this book called the Bible....

There is LIFE in the Word...

Goodnite Precious....Be Blessed Now..flowerforyou

I tend to agree with you to a degree. But how could anyone deny the credibility of books written by the Apostles. Hermas I might have issues with as he was a convert long after the time of Christ. But how can any Christian deny the words of men who walked and sat at the feet of Jesus. Were there are those who would question how any "thinking" person could believe the Bible...I would question their person views when as bergeia pointed out God (whatever the form) does give signs to individuals all the time. I wouldn't got so far as a pencil falling, but there are still signs big and small all the time. Where the view of the organized church of today seems skewed in their beliefs....I do take my hat off to anyone who professes faith and actually lives by the commissions of that belief system.

what signs though? i see none, i see science and life and physics. nothing more. as for those great apostles, didnt one of them betray jesus? seems theyre not infallible either..... hmmmmmmmmmmm

btw are those space marines in your pic? lol

glad ya like da pic lol I enjoy it as well. The facts are these yes Judas did betray Jesus....but Jesus also foretold it.
As for signs well they are there if you seek them. I don't discount anyones right to believe what they wish but then again to that becomes a two way street. On that street each to his or her own. As I said before anyone who has faith and applies the teachings my hat is off to them. What I can't handle people who say oe thing and do the direct opposite

AtrueOne's photo
Mon 10/06/08 09:21 PM

Bergeia....read it again and THIS time, ask God to open up your eyes and ears of Understanding of His Word..and God Will....Promise.flowerforyou

The Bible is Sooooo Deep and Rich in Meaning and Wisdom and Understanding....one could study it for a lifetime, and never get all the rich meaning out of this book called the Bible....

There is LIFE in the Word...

Goodnite Precious....Be Blessed Now..flowerforyou

I tend to agree with you to a degree. But how could anyone deny the credibility of books written by the Apostles. Hermas I might have issues with as he was a convert long after the time of Christ. But how can any Christian deny the words of men who walked and sat at the feet of Jesus. Were there are those who would question how any "thinking" person could believe the Bible...I would question their person views when as bergeia pointed out God (whatever the form) does give signs to individuals all the time. I wouldn't got so far as a pencil falling, but there are still signs big and small all the time. Where the view of the organized church of today seems skewed in their beliefs....I do take my hat off to anyone who professes faith and actually lives by the commissions of that belief system.

AtrueOne's photo
Mon 10/06/08 08:49 PM

From the BBC website

What is probably the oldest known Bible is being digitised, reuniting its scattered parts for the first time since its discovery 160 years ago. It is markedly different from its modern equivalent. What's left out?

The world's oldest surviving Bible is in bits.

For 1,500 years, the Codex Sinaiticus lay undisturbed in a Sinai monastery, until it was found - or stolen, as the monks say - in 1844 and split between Egypt, Russia, Germany and Britain.

Now these different parts are to be united online and, from next July, anyone, anywhere in the world with internet access will be able to view the complete text and read a translation.

For those who believe the Bible is the inerrant, unaltered word of God, there will be some very uncomfortable questions to answer. It shows there have been thousands of alterations to today's bible.

The Codex, probably the oldest Bible we have, also has books which are missing from the Authorised Version that most Christians are familiar with today - and it does not have crucial verses relating to the Resurrection.

Anti-Semitic writings

The fact this book has survived at all is a miracle. Before its discovery in the early 19th Century by the Indiana Jones of his day, it remained hidden in St Catherine's Monastery since at least the 4th Century.

It survived because the desert air is ideal for preservation and because the monastery, on a Christian island in a Muslim sea, remained untouched, its walls unconquered.

Today, 30 mainly Greek Orthodox monks, dedicated to prayer, worship there, helped as in ages past by the Muslim Bedouin. For this place is holy to three great religions: Judaism, Christianity and Islam; a land where you can still see the Burning Bush where God spoke to Moses.

The monastery itself has the greatest library of early manuscripts outside the Vatican - some 33,000, and a collection of icons second to none.

Not surprisingly, it is now a World Heritage Site and has been called a veritable Ark, bringing spiritual treasures safely through the turbulent centuries. In many people's eyes the greatest treasure is the Codex, written in the time of the first Christian Emperor Constantine.

When the different parts are digitally united next year in a £1m project, anyone will be able to compare and contrast the Codex and the modern Bible.

Firstly, the Codex contains two extra books in the New Testament.

One is the little-known Shepherd of Hermas, written in Rome in the 2nd Century - the other, the Epistle of Barnabas. This goes out of its way to claim that it was the Jews, not the Romans, who killed Jesus, and is full of anti-Semitic kindling ready to be lit. "His blood be upon us," Barnabas has the Jews cry.

Discrepancies

Had this remained in subsequent versions, "the suffering of Jews in the subsequent centuries would, if possible, have been even worse", says the distinguished New Testament scholar Professor Bart Ehrman.

And although many of the other alterations and differences are minor, these may take some explaining for those who believe every word comes from God.

Faced with differing texts, which is the truly authentic one?

Mr Ehrman was a born again Bible-believing Evangelical until he read the original Greek texts and noticed some discrepancies.

The Bible we now use can't be the inerrant word of God, he says, since what we have are the sometimes mistaken words copied by fallible scribes.

"When people ask me if the Bible is the word of God I answer 'which Bible?'"

The Codex - and other early manuscripts - do not mention the ascension of Jesus into heaven, and omit key references to the Resurrection, which the Archbishop of Canterbury has said is essential for Christian belief.

Other differences concern how Jesus behaved. In one passage of the Codex, Jesus is said to be "angry" as he healed a leper, whereas the modern text records him as healing with "compassion".

Also missing is the story of the woman taken in adultery and about to be stoned - until Jesus rebuked the Pharisees (a Jewish sect), inviting anyone without sin to cast the first stone.

Nor are there words of forgiveness from the cross. Jesus does not say "Father forgive them for they know not what they do".

Fundamentalists, who believe every word in the Bible is true, may find these differences unsettling.

But the picture is complicated. Some argue that another early Bible, the Codex Vaticanus, is in fact older. And there are other earlier texts of almost all the books in the bible, though none pulled together into a single volume.

Many Christians have long accepted that, while the Bible is the authoritative word of God, it is not inerrant. Human hands always make mistakes.

"It should be regarded as a living text, something constantly changing as generation and generation tries to understand the mind of God," says David Parker, a Christian working on digitising the Codex.

Others may take it as more evidence that the Bible is the word of man, not God.

Or maybe it is the Word of God tampered with by men. There are countless volumes on record at the Hammadi Library that were written by the Apostles that were also not listed in the final canon.

AtrueOne's photo
Mon 10/06/08 08:33 PM
Consider them done

AtrueOne's photo
Mon 10/06/08 06:14 PM
I have changed my profile is advance of my trip daown to the coast of Texas to do hurricane relief. But fer the next few days I will enjoy sharing in the treads and messages. So have some fun already!!!!!!:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

AtrueOne's photo
Mon 10/06/08 05:40 PM

I was recently involved with a man (cop)who I later found out was recently married. He always denied the fact that he was involved with anyone or even married until I brought him to the table by finding out this info through public records. He has been married for less than a year now and is already cheating. We made love in his home and it was GREAT! My question to the guys is.......if a man go down on this other woman (other than his wife, does that mean that it's more than just a sex thing for that other woman and (perhaps feelings are involved) or could it be part of his love making. I mean to me, that is something sacred and should be shared with your signifcant other and not an outsider. We have been seeing each other for 2 months now. Someone please give me some advice. I really have feeligs for this guy.

If you think what you two have is special remember how you got him then ask yourself is your ready to be the newly maried one and worry about his actions all the time

AtrueOne's photo
Mon 10/06/08 05:05 PM
Wow seems like some of ya are in a better mood than othersglasses

AtrueOne's photo
Mon 10/06/08 04:26 PM
Ain'ya glad it's almost over?bigsmile

AtrueOne's photo
Mon 10/06/08 04:17 PM
Hope your having a good Mondayglasses

AtrueOne's photo
Sun 10/05/08 08:13 PM

Try losing your job during these times!!

Hey bud how goes the job search or did ya take the one you were telling me about?glasses

AtrueOne's photo
Sun 10/05/08 08:12 PM

they sure are doing alot of hiring.

How does that happen?

Not sure who is hiring. In the southwestern part of Tennessee 7 auto dealerhsips closed down two weeks ago. I have friends in Pa who have seen their companies close down. And the construction industry is in the crapper so I'm not sure where all the jobs are. This doesn't mention the most resent government job reports.

AtrueOne's photo
Sun 10/05/08 07:48 PM
Welcome to Mingle Starz theres a ton of good people on here so have fun....but not toooo much:banana:

AtrueOne's photo
Sun 10/05/08 07:41 PM

i am not an avid reader but i have read the book of enoch, the revelation of peter, [which almost was chosen instead of the revelation of john] and the gospel of thomas, and a few others i cant remember anymore off the top of my head - interesting stuff.

Try the Secret Book of John, and The Acts of John.

AtrueOne's photo
Sun 10/05/08 07:38 PM

Going for the Zappa look are ya....:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Long live the Zap Man! drinker

Where ever he may beglasses

AtrueOne's photo
Sun 10/05/08 07:35 PM

...get a cowboy hat.
laugh
<----- This was the nearest thing I could find.

Going for the Zappa look are ya....:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

AtrueOne's photo
Sun 10/05/08 07:32 PM
Edited by AtrueOne on Sun 10/05/08 07:33 PM
You are correct most who profess to be followers of Christ do so with less enthusiasim than they give to watching TV or being on line. It is unfortunate that they are willing to take what they are told to be truth rather than finding out for themselves. Some of the books that did not make the cannon were by such unquestionable sources as the Apostles John, Peter, and James. Why would the writings of these men not be acceptable? Because they change the picture that the Council of Nicea wanted to put forth. Anyone who accepted these "heretical" teachings were subject to death in holy wars against people who followed Jesus but had a different view.

This same course has been followed ever since by nearly ever religious movement. Today anyone who stands outside te "norms" of the church are considered as heretics, out of their mind or even as being sent by satan. Yet these same modern day inquistiors expect to be given absolute acceptance just because they say it is truth.

To anyone who professes to follow Christ and reads this I challenge you to go to the Nag Hammadi Library on line. Read only the books of the Apostles and I am certain your views will be changed if you will accept what is written there. Remember Jesus said to study to show yourself approved a good and faithful servant.

AtrueOne's photo
Sun 10/05/08 05:56 PM

Well, I won tickets to the Comedy House. I could bring up to ten people with me. I can't go 'cause everybody is either working, studying, or just wanted to sleep. Now I'm bored missing the show. frown

Bummer chicka wht didn't ya go yourself and had some fun no telling what might have happenedbigsmile

AtrueOne's photo
Sun 10/05/08 05:33 PM

indifferent

Whats up cuppy why so glumglasses

Cubs blew their chance. I am a huge Chi-town fan and I am crushed...:cry:

Poor cuppy that had ta be crushing fer ya but the good news is in football the Colts won:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

1 3 5 6 7 8 9 24 25