Community > Posts By > AtrueOne

AtrueOne's photo
Tue 10/07/08 07:24 PM

As many of you already know I am heading for the areas of Texas effected by hurricane Ike. In the process of that I have set up an open forum to contact me if you are in the area and need help. The following is a part of a email I got the other day. As you will see the need there may be greater than you thought.

Not to good. A hurricane hit the town that I live in and I lost nearly everything that I own. I lost my car, my washer and dryer, my furniture and my clothes. I could use a miracle right about now. We had to evacuate to a shelter in San Antonio after the storm because there was no food or water on the island. FEMA helped us get hotel rooms and we have them until Oct 14th then they are supposed to get us housing. It is just hard being homeless in a strange city. My girlfriend did manage to rent a car so we have transportation. I still have a job so there is a bright side to it all. It is just hard facing the destruction everyday and trying to cope with it. Every street that you turn down has piles and piles of trash piled up from the houses that were flooded. Almost every home sustained some type of damage. There are boats and large vessels that drifted up from the bay during the storm surge and are now setting on the freeway. Debris covered many of the major thoroughfares. It looks like a war zone down here. I just hope that I survive this. I could definetely use some help.

glasses If you have a way then do whatever you can because there are so many stories like this in the area. If you can't actually directly do something then pray for these people daily. If you want to get involved the message me directly.

We got the dirty side of Hurricane Ike. Alot of damage in our area. I personally got little damage. I'm praying for those who got hit hard and lost loved ones.

You were truly blessed if you came through it all with just minor damage. The prayers of everybody are needed and the hands of those who can feel the pain of those who have been devastated. In my own case I have made it my duty since Huuricane Andrew to be there if a major hurricane hits. From the December after Katrina I spent 1 1/2 years down there. Why? Because there was a need.

AtrueOne's photo
Tue 10/07/08 07:10 PM
As many of you already know I am heading for the areas of Texas effected by hurricane Ike. In the process of that I have set up an open forum to contact me if you are in the area and need help. The following is a part of a email I got the other day. As you will see the need there may be greater than you thought.

Not to good. A hurricane hit the town that I live in and I lost nearly everything that I own. I lost my car, my washer and dryer, my furniture and my clothes. I could use a miracle right about now. We had to evacuate to a shelter in San Antonio after the storm because there was no food or water on the island. FEMA helped us get hotel rooms and we have them until Oct 14th then they are supposed to get us housing. It is just hard being homeless in a strange city. My girlfriend did manage to rent a car so we have transportation. I still have a job so there is a bright side to it all. It is just hard facing the destruction everyday and trying to cope with it. Every street that you turn down has piles and piles of trash piled up from the houses that were flooded. Almost every home sustained some type of damage. There are boats and large vessels that drifted up from the bay during the storm surge and are now setting on the freeway. Debris covered many of the major thoroughfares. It looks like a war zone down here. I just hope that I survive this. I could definetely use some help.

glasses If you have a way then do whatever you can because there are so many stories like this in the area. If you can't actually directly do something then pray for these people daily. If you want to get involved the message me directly.

AtrueOne's photo
Tue 10/07/08 06:57 PM

Road trip I call shot gun!

Well bring yer workgloves and yer nursing stuff cuz those people need real help.

AtrueOne's photo
Tue 10/07/08 06:52 PM

Hey going to Galvaston sounds like fun can I stow away? lol

Sure Pacific star.....but it is pretty well destroyed by hurricane Ike so it's all work. If you are serious about wanting to get involved message me directlyglasses

AtrueOne's photo
Tue 10/07/08 06:46 PM
Welocme to Mingle. There are tons of good people on here so have some fun:banana:

AtrueOne's photo
Tue 10/07/08 06:44 PM
Yep tomorrow is 24 hours from leaving for the Galvastion area:smile:

AtrueOne's photo
Tue 10/07/08 06:33 PM

I work in Galveston Tx. You will find that alot of the traffic lights don't work. Everyone is working to get there lives back to some kind of order or there businesses. They are some areas that have lights but not all areas do. They recommend that you bring bug spray and have a tetanus shot. There is alot of debris in the area. You will find you don't smell the salt air but now smell a rotting smell in the air. There are grocery stores open on the island but not all areas of the island have a convenience of a store near them. The worst areas are the west end and the bolivar penisula... Mosquitos are bad in the evening and early morning. And there are flies everywhere.

Thanks Laurie thats some great information. I am interested in trying to get people back into their homes so if you know of anyone who might need that especially the elderly just let me know. If you message me directly I'll give you and email addy you can use to get info to us.

AtrueOne's photo
Tue 10/07/08 06:29 PM

drinker All my Ex's live in Texasdrinker

lol I betglasses Pats my friend exactly how many exs u gots in Texas

Just reminds me of that old songlaugh

yeah okay cover it up now lol

AtrueOne's photo
Tue 10/07/08 06:27 PM

drinker All my Ex's live in Texasdrinker

lol I betglasses Pats my friend exactly how many exs u gots in Texas

AtrueOne's photo
Tue 10/07/08 06:25 PM

You're awesome, the folks in Galveston need all the help they can get. I'm in Houston so not in the disaster zone. Thanks for helping!!!!

Hey ledi theres no thanks necessary it is the least that any of us should do when we see people in need. I am also willing to join with others who want to meet this critical situation. But ledi you are quite welcomeshades

AtrueOne's photo
Tue 10/07/08 06:22 PM
If so how are things down there right now? Laurie and I are heading that way on Thursday to help in whatever way we can to help with the relief area. I am also open to lcal contacts. If you would like to be a local contact message me directly

AtrueOne's photo
Tue 10/07/08 06:01 PM
This tread has been so cool

AtrueOne's photo
Tue 10/07/08 05:44 PM
consider it doneglasses

AtrueOne's photo
Tue 10/07/08 05:16 PM

an you would know about how to rock huh Pete:banana:

I'm the rock master! laugh :banana:

yeah I reember ya talking about master of what was it...hmmmm just can't quite remember what it was Masterglasses

AtrueOne's photo
Tue 10/07/08 05:14 PM

I'm so special, they let me ride the short bus!:banana:

They even let ya wear the special belt while the bus is in motion...yo know the secret belt that makes ya a secret superheroglasses

AtrueOne's photo
Tue 10/07/08 05:10 PM

There are so many great people on this site that I'm honoured to call my friends. You guys rock! drinker

an you would know about how to rock huh Pete:banana:

AtrueOne's photo
Tue 10/07/08 05:02 PM
Seems like no matter what you may or may not believe people are acceptant (as a general rule). I have felt so priviledged to share in fun for some and as a source of help to for others...this has been a great experienceflowerforyou

AtrueOne's photo
Tue 10/07/08 04:52 PM
That I consider many of you on here as being very special people..you are so acceptant and have proven to be good friendsglasses

AtrueOne's photo
Tue 10/07/08 04:27 PM

Even the bible itself states, that there would not be enough books in the world, to contain all the miracles and good works and all that happened....
However the bible ALSO states, that any who add or take away from this book....
Remember reading that part,Belushi?
( In Revelations..I 'll let you find it).
The Bible ( the Divinely Inspired Word of God) has survived (and not all these other writings)for a reason.... Think Belushi...

There are NO Contradictions in God's Word.

EVERY Question has a Answer, IF You take the Time to Study and Rightly Divide the Word of God.

God Makes NO Mistakes in His Word.
Man just makes mistakes INTERPRETING God's Word.

God is a BIG ENOUGH GOD to WATCH OVER His WORD !!!!

God IS the WORD.

Be Blessed Now...
:heart::heart::heart:

No contradictions?
Oh please!!! You are talking out of your backside!!!

On numerous occassions I have proved the bible has contradictions.
On occassions I have stated the jesus lied and proved with the idea that god doesnt answer your prayers.

But as you are a blind sheep following a figment of your imagination and you trust that the bible is truth, you will never see the abrahamic religions for what they are.
A tool to subjugate and control.

Answer me this, as you have failed to do so previously when I have asked ...

Did you stone your unruly children?

Also ...
Was it god, or the devil, who said: "I will strew your flesh upon the mountains, and fill the valleys with your carcass. I will drench the land even to the mountains with your flowing blood..."

Was it god, or the devil, who said: "Therefore fathers shall eat their sons in the midst of you and sons shall eat their fathers...I will send famine and wild beasts against you and they shall rob you of your children; pestilence and blood shall pass through you; and I will bring a sword upon you."

Was it god, or the devil, who said: "Behold, I will corrupt your seed and spread dung upon your faces..."

Was it god, or the devil, who said: "Pass through the city after him, and smite; your eye shall not spare and you shall show no pity; slay old men outright, young men and maidens, little children and women..."

It was your god of love.

Would you torture and kill someone because of their opinion?

Arrest them in the middle of the night and drag them off to a hidden prison, torturing them with fire and blades, and shooting them in the back of the head?

That is something you might expect from Hitler or Saddam Hussein.

You probably would not agree that this is a moral way to deal with people.

You also probably think that I have a right to my opinion, just as you have.

I wonder then, why you follow a god who would damn me to eternal torture, infinite revenge, for my honest opinion.

Are you better than the god you follow?
Are you more civilized?
More fair?
More humane than your god?

These are the obvious views of a person in the 21st century looking at the Bible as the sole source of Christain reality (unfortunately like so may suppoed Christans) . Maybe your view is based upon the precept that all Christians believe that the diety of the old testament is the same being functioning through Jesus in the NT. A trip to the Hammadi Library and reading te secret book of John might alter your view somewhat. I am not sayng it would cause you to believe but it will alter your preception.

AtrueOne's photo
Tue 10/07/08 03:57 PM
How is everyone tonight?:banana:

2 4 5 6 7 8 9 24 25