willfen's photo
Tue 09/30/08 04:10 PM

Yes racism is still alive my opinion is it's on both side as well. jmo
agreed

willfen's photo
Tue 09/30/08 04:09 PM

Alright, Here goes...
*** blesses himself ***

I'm really tired of the whole racist thing. Every race of people have racists among them. Every race of people ( I believe ) are just trying to get along.
I believe in the goodness of mankind and judging each person I come across as an individual. There are people out there who try to profit from prejudices and ignorance. These are the people who continue to perpetuate the hate, So they can reap from it.
Most of us are basically good. Let's start with that premise.
I wish more people thought like you BigGlenn, but because there a quite a few people whose evil tendencies go beyond their 'basic goodness', this problem along with others will continue to tire you.

willfen's photo
Tue 09/30/08 04:07 PM

Racism like any other form of discrimination does exist and will always exist. Although great strides have been made in to change the social norm of discrimination in the western world it is sadly our very nature to discriminate. Naturally through the very instinct of survival a living organism with even the slightest form of intelligence categorizes objects and other living organisms. Sometimes consciously and other times subconsciously. Although social values and norms can be changed through personal experience. For instance a dog is a natural predator to a cat. In the natural state the dog and the cat will follow the predator/prey class. However if a dog and a cat are raised together at birth there social hierarchy can change due to outside influence, which can avert their very genetic nature. Human beings have a natural survival instinct to classify everything as “different” rather it be physical or even social as something to take with caution or to avoid. Its only through life experiences and even education can this opinion be changed. Discrimination goes so far beyond the racial perspective and its, because like it or not it’s a natural survival instinct.
Well Said! Especially with the natural tendency to classify everything as 'different'.

I believe that's where part of the problem is. Some people tend to allow that to be THE ruling factor in their lives - and that is a choice, which means that is in each persons control to change it.

willfen's photo
Tue 09/30/08 04:03 PM

I think it's a mixture of all of that. You've got folks who are outwardly racist, those that say they aren't but really are and those that believe people are just people. On the other hand you've got african americans who wanna get something from folks because of the color of their skin and you've got other just trying to live and enjoy their life in the skin they're in. I know that all races have good people and bad people, ignorant people and kind hearted people.

Can't we all just get along? :wink:
JMO

A great opinion I must say!

willfen's photo
Tue 09/30/08 04:03 PM
It is your choice to be 'politically correct' on this subject, but once again, it gives validity to some peoples views that Whites like to hide and be in denial.

I am well traveled and well educated..I have been in the homes and sat at the dinner tables of people who have had large oil paintings of Klansmen with a sawed-off shotguns in one hand and a noose in the other. I have been in towns and cities where I was the first Black man a child or teenager saw. Unfortunately as a teenager, I took a traveling sales job and was harassed throughout the neighborhood by teens in cars shouting, "Don't buy anything from the Ni**er!"

These were part of many life experiences dealing with race and racism and I have always sought to bridge the gaps between us. I believe dialogue goes a lot further than silence in public, with a bunch of murmuring in the background..

willfen's photo
Tue 09/30/08 03:54 PM

You know what a relevant issue is? The current election, and it has this uncanny drawback of being a lot like American Idol...discrimination still exists in a lot of the world, that is a fact. Personally black, white, purple, yellow, or pink...it doesn't matter they all suffer from laziness in one way or another. Some use the environment as an excuse, which is easily changed (I did) other's use heritage, ethnicity, and/or color...in the end they are just excuses, in the United States you can pretty much do what you set out to do but they aren't going to hold your hand if one day you decide it is too hard.

Good point....Isn't it amazing that one race gets accused of being 'lazy' by another race..like that race doesn't have lazy people? These traits.....liking chicken, watermelon, won't work, etc...are indicative of being human, not being a certain race....I wish people would get that.

Actually it would be culture...race is human.
I stand corrected...but the point is the same

willfen's photo
Tue 09/30/08 03:53 PM

ya'll take all of our ugly white women away, so cheersdrinker drinker drinker drinker jk peoplebigsmile

You must know all my uncles and their 'new girlfriends'....lol

willfen's photo
Tue 09/30/08 03:51 PM

You know what a relevant issue is? The current election, and it has this uncanny drawback of being a lot like American Idol...discrimination still exists in a lot of the world, that is a fact. Personally black, white, purple, yellow, or pink...it doesn't matter they all suffer from laziness in one way or another. Some use the environment as an excuse, which is easily changed (I did) other's use heritage, ethnicity, and/or color...in the end they are just excuses, in the United States you can pretty much do what you set out to do but they aren't going to hold your hand if one day you decide it is too hard.

Good point....Isn't it amazing that one race gets accused of being 'lazy' by another race..like that race doesn't have lazy people? These traits.....liking chicken, watermelon, won't work, etc...are indicative of being human, not being a certain race....I wish people would get that.

willfen's photo
Tue 09/30/08 03:47 PM
For those who 'choose' to believe that this is too 'touchy'...do you believe having a discussion like this is meaningless? That nothing can be gained from it? Just curious

willfen's photo
Tue 09/30/08 03:40 PM
Sorry about the title - just wanted to grab your attention.

I just wanted to open up this dialogue because I like to get my information from the 'horse's mouth' so to speak.

I just want you guys to give any opinion you want on race and racism. Does it exist? Does it no longer exist? Was it ever or is it still justified?

Do you believe that Blacks makes a bunch of excuses to draw attention away from their own apathy and laziness?

Do you believe that Whites hide in suburbia and refuse to admit that racism exists today, even though every other person they know or are related to is racist?

I am just throwing topics out there to stimulate your mind.....these are very relevant issues to thousands of people in America to this very day.

I encourage all to express their opinion. It doesn't matter in this forum if you are racist, bigoted, Black, White, Male, Female, whatever...ALL can speak without recrimination from myself at least.

I do want to ask that you follow my ONLY rule: Please be respectful. If someone says something you don't like....do not get personal, or nasty... or get in your feelings. It is my belief that the only reason racism exists is because we let personal feelings get in the way of objective reasoning and logic.

With that.....let's chat!

willfen's photo
Tue 09/30/08 03:16 PM
Edited by willfen on Tue 09/30/08 03:17 PM
I heard someone was taking applications.....who's hiring?

And are the benefits good?

willfen's photo
Tue 09/30/08 02:33 PM

While cruising at 40,000 feet, the airplane shuddered.
Mr. Benson looked out the window and screamed, "Good
Lord! One of the engines just blew up!"

Other passengers left their seats and came running over.
Suddenly, the aircraft was rocked by a second blast as
yet a second engine exploded. The passengers were in a
panic now, and even the stewardesses couldn't maintain
order.

Standing tall and smiling confidently, the pilot strode
from the cockpit and assured everyone that there was
nothing to worry about. His words and his demeanor seemed
to calm most of the passengers, and they sat down as the
pilot walked to the door of the aircraft. There, he grabbed
several packages from under the seats and began handing
them to the flight attendants. Each crew member attached
the package to their backs.

"Say," spoke up an alert passenger, "aren't those
parachutes?"

"Yep," affirmed the pilot.

"But I thought you said there was nothing to worry
about?"

"There isn't," replied the pilot as a third engine exploded.
"We're going to get help."

willfen's photo
Tue 09/30/08 02:30 PM
Once again, let's see who has the best blond joke....Here's my entry:

A blond returned home from work and was shocked to
find her house ransacked and burglarized. She called
the police immediately to report the crime.

The police dispatcher broadcast the call on the channels
and a K-9 unit patrolling nearby was the first to respond.

As the K-9 officer approached the house with his dog on
a leash, the blond ran out onto the porch. The sight of
the cop and his dog made her shudder. She put her face
in her hands as she sat down on the steps and began
moaning.

"What's the moaning all about, ma'am?" asked the
officer.

The blond replied, "I come home to find all my
possessions stolen, so I call the police for help, and
what do they do? They send me a blind policeman!"

willfen's photo
Tue 09/30/08 02:25 PM

A young man was delighted to finally be asked home to meet
the parents of the young woman he'd been seeing for some
time. He was quite nervous about the meeting though, and
by the time he arrived punctually at the doorstep he was in
a state of gastric distress.

The problem developed into one of acute flatulence, and
halfway through the dinner the young man realized he
couldn't hold it in one-second longer without exploding.
A tiny fart escaped.

"Spot!" called out the young woman's mother to the family
dog, lying at the young man's feet.

Relieved at the dog's having been blamed, the young man let
another, slightly larger one go.

"Spot!" she called out sharply.

'I've got it made,' thought the fellow to himself. 'One more
and I'll feel fine'. So he let loose a really big one.

"Spot!!!" shrieked the mother. "Get over here before he
sh!ts on you!"

willfen's photo
Tue 09/23/08 06:18 PM
Yo mama so old her birth certificate is in Roman numerals.

Yo mama so ugly the government moved Halloween to her birthday.

Yo mama so ugly even Rice Krispies won't talk to her!

Yo mama so stupid she took the Pepsi challenge and chose Jif

Yo mama so stupid she thinks Fleetwood Mac is a new hamburger at McDonalds!

Yo mama so stupid that she thought Boyz II Men was a day care center.

Yo mama so stupid she jumped out the window and went up.

willfen's photo
Tue 09/23/08 06:13 PM
Yo mama so old she was a waitress at the Last Supper

willfen's photo
Tue 09/23/08 03:19 PM
One day a farmer's donkey fell down into a well. The animal cried piteously for hours as the farmer tried to figure out what to do. Finally, he decided the animal was old, and the well needed to be covered up anyway, it just wasn't worth it to retrieve the donkey.

He invited all his neighbors to come over and help him. They all grabbed a shovel and began to shovel dirt into the well. At first, the donkey realized what was happening and cried horribly. Then, to everyone's amazement he quietened down.

A few shovel loads later, the farmer finally looked down the well. He was astonished at what he saw. With each shovel of dirt that hit his back, the donkey was doing something amazing. He would shake it off and take a step up.

As the farmer's neighbors continued to shovel dirt on top of the animal, he would shake it off and take a step up Pretty soon, everyone was amazed as the donkey stepped up over the edge of the well and happily trotted off!

Life is going to shovel dirt on you, all kinds of dirt. The trick to getting out of the well is to shake it off and take a step up. Each of our troubles is a steppingstone. We can get out of the deepest wells just by not stopping, never giving up! Shake it off and take a step up.

Remember the five simple rules to be happy:

1. Free your heart from hatred - Forgive.

2. Free your mind from worries - Most never happen.

3. Live simply and appreciate what you have.

4. Give more.

5. Expect less

NOW --------

Enough of that crap . .

The donkey later came back and bit the sh*t out of the farmer who had tried to bury him. The gash from the bite got infected, and the farmer eventually died in agony from septic shock.

MORAL FROM TODAY'S LESSON

When you do something wrong and try to cover your ass, it always comes back to bite you.

willfen's photo
Tue 09/23/08 03:11 PM
Yo mama so fat when you get on top of her your ears pop!

Yo mama so fat she goes to a restaurant, looks at the menu and says "okay!"

Yo mama so fat she got to pull down her pants to get into her pockets

Yo mama so fat I had to take a train and two buses just to get on her good side!

Yo mama so fat she wakes up in sections!

Yo mama so poor when I saw her kicking a can down the street, I asked her what she was doing, she said "Moving."

Yo mama so poor when I ring the doorbell she says,"DING-DONG!"

Yo mama so poor your family eats cereal with a fork to save milk.

willfen's photo
Tue 09/23/08 03:07 PM
And how are the amateurs doing today? I tried to give you guys a chance to think of some new ones...but no one seems to be up to challenge me so.....

I will just keep going!

Yo mama so fat she went to the movies and sat next to everyone

willfen's photo
Mon 09/22/08 06:55 PM

yo mama is so ugly she thinks that mullets are sexy

lol....you're trying.....i applaud you for that, lol!!!

2 4 5 6 7 8 9 17 18