Community > Posts By > Quikstepper

Quikstepper's photo
Sun 01/04/09 12:57 PM
Edited by Quikstepper on Sun 01/04/09 12:58 PM
Well let's put it this way...those of us who have had that personal expereince know that even tho we don't expereince the life of every word in the Bible, our own experience tells us that it is all true by God's divine intervention.

...and it does make you exceedingly glad when it's full of God's glory.

Therefore you have nothing to fear of the virgin birth...it's as real as the person who gets supernaturally healed.

Hope that helps. flowerforyou

Quikstepper's photo
Sun 01/04/09 12:53 PM

Just an after thought here...about loving others... God says to love Him with ALL your heart...it starts there & should spill over to others. It's not taking God or people or any of our blessings for granted. That produces resentment & bitterness & hatreds that we should not carry. Along with pride & envy & the Lust for more of...

That leads to coveting which is ill gotten gains.

Sounds pretty clear to me.

Crystal clear to me too.flowerforyou

LOL... flowerforyou

Quikstepper's photo
Sun 01/04/09 12:36 PM
Edited by Quikstepper on Sun 01/04/09 01:03 PM

In which case, you are stating that Yahweh would have required subordinance in the face of these older gods/goddesses, thus empowering them to some extent. Explain?

Uh... as I said...it's your choice to make up anything you want to believe in...even if it is hugging trees, but God doesn't change. From the Christian perspective of what God says in His word. God's word is living Krimsa & instead of resisting why don't you just try Him...God says to test & approve what is approved & acceptable to Him.

He does respond...when you sense in your very soul His approval of you just because...then you will know what all the rest of us who don't know eachother do know. Then if you want to walk away I would be satisfied, but I really do wish everyone experienced God in that personal way because then they would never leave Him. That's the truth that no other philosophy or religion can boast of.

If you think you aren't serving something then I really have a bridge to sell you. I will stay with what I am convinced of & not some feel good made up fad dogma du jour. No one will ever be fully convinced of who God is until they experience the life changing glory of God living in them. Holy = with your total (whole) being. It all starts with forgiveness.

Quikstepper's photo
Sun 01/04/09 12:26 PM

Well you are offended by everything I say so that's old news.I am pretty sure you will never agree on anything I ever say.

You are correct Thomas...their accusations are a rues to avoid facts. If they can't supply them they attack the poster. Don't feel bad, they do it to everyone they disagree with. That's why most don't post anymore.

oh my.........another one your on a roll today quick. the facts are this thread and many others are verry active. personaly I as a member am verry greatfull some people do not post being they cannot stay within topic or add to the conversation in a way that is meaningfull. We are far better off they choose not to participate. Now if a few others would choose the same we may actualy have some interesting informative conversations, minus the moronic comments.

Yes well it's only the few loonies left who really post here. Aren't you so glad that you are singing to the choir...maybe that's what I'll cal yu all...choir boys.

Keep hiding behind freedoms that other faught for so you can be wrong in all that twisted logic your post.
I at least served my country quick and I would like to think I sacraficed some time of my life to actualy use the freedoms we have. If we cant or wont use them what purpose would these sacrafices by myself and many others serve? However I do not feel any modern wars have given anyone any freedoms do you? and if so why? Do you think all the sacrafices in Vietnam acchieved anything for anyone? How about Iraq? the answer of course is the rich got richer and the poor got killed.

So what? I served too. You have no cause to bragging rights. it certainly doesn't make you an expert in the military when so many joined for the benefits. Militaries are there to keep us safe & that funding should not be going for people's personal goals or civilian ambitions.

Some people want the bennies but don't want to pay the price. So typical.

Quikstepper's photo
Sun 01/04/09 12:16 PM
Edited by Quikstepper on Sun 01/04/09 12:18 PM

Uh...if their own govt. took care of their people instead of oppressing them, then it would be their own militaries that would be doing the fighting...not civilians with bombs slapped on them. Yu think????? DUH!!!!!

That's the problem with third world countries...there is no accountability. Giving them control is like putting the physcos in charge of the atomic bomb.

Your comment makes no sense!
Your lack of knowledge on this matter is extreme!

It makes no sense only to the senseless.

My point is that if the govts. were truly free that their people could prosper & live in peace & freedoms like we enjoy, there would be no need for people to slap bombs on their bodies like a rag tag peasant.

The only thing barbaristic people have right now is their thirst for bloodshed...other people's that is. Terrorists don't care who they target as long as they get recognition.

In other words...THEY ARE WITHOUT EXCUSE!

Quikstepper's photo
Sun 01/04/09 12:12 PM
No...you just gang up on the few who disagree with you is all.

Quikstepper's photo
Sun 01/04/09 12:11 PM
Yes well...OBAMA will have alot to answer for very soon...so will the DEMS for that matter. Let's see if they can put their money where their mouthes are.

Quikstepper's photo
Sun 01/04/09 07:14 AM

Well you are offended by everything I say so that's old news.I am pretty sure you will never agree on anything I ever say.

You are correct Thomas...their accusations are a rues to avoid facts. If they can't supply them they attack the poster. Don't feel bad, they do it to everyone they disagree with. That's why most don't post anymore.

oh my.........another one your on a roll today quick. the facts are this thread and many others are verry active. personaly I as a member am verry greatfull some people do not post being they cannot stay within topic or add to the conversation in a way that is meaningfull. We are far better off they choose not to participate. Now if a few others would choose the same we may actualy have some interesting informative conversations, minus the moronic comments.

Yes well it's only the few loonies left who really post here. Aren't you so glad that you are singing to the choir...maybe that's what I'll cal yu all...choir boys.

Keep hiding behind freedoms that other faught for so you can be wrong in all that twisted logic your post.

Quikstepper's photo
Sun 01/04/09 07:11 AM
Edited by Quikstepper on Sun 01/04/09 07:12 AM

Bush takes all the blame again while Obama is tactfully SILENT.
Obama can hide behind "we only have one president at a time" until Jan 20. Where is the change we can believe in? How come he isn't in Washingtonm as a senator and as a president elect urging Bush to do something? Where is Clinton? She is noticeably silent too. You can't tell me that if this had happened a few months ago, say near the middle of October, that Obama would have the same silence.

LOL... Hillary is too buzy campaigning with bon Jovi to ask for donations to help pay her debt for her prez bid. That's where hillary is. LOL

Yes...Obama doesn't want to get his hands dirty. He'll leave the fights up to Hillary & the rest of the old cronies that should have been voted out in the last elelction.

I can't wait! LOL It's gonna be fun watching them all squrim their way out of all the lies they told. hahahaha
wow all these innocents getting killed and maimed and you cheerlead. I am ashamed to call myself an american. If we had any sence of decency left at all we would be demanding a cease fire.

Are you talkin' to me? Someone who knows that you have not a clue as to what "innocent" really is??? laugh

There would be no need for terrorists if the govts. over there were educating their people to be more civilized. If you really cared you would be taking THEIR govts. to task for not kicking them out of their stone aged thinking. That is the only problem I see.

Sticks & Stones instead of a healthy nation with a healthy military & friendly to all. That's the terrorists in the nutshell with only their thirst for blood that keeps them going. You should be becrying the evils of that if you really cared.

Quikstepper's photo
Sun 01/04/09 07:02 AM
Just an after thought here...about loving others... God says to love Him with ALL your heart...it starts there & should spill over to others. It's not taking God or people or any of our blessings for granted. That produces resentment & bitterness & hatreds that we should not carry. Along with pride & envy & the Lust for more of...

That leads to coveting which is ill gotten gains.

Sounds pretty clear to me.

Quikstepper's photo
Sun 01/04/09 06:57 AM
Edited by Quikstepper on Sun 01/04/09 07:03 AM

I have a question. Why is god so worried about us "whoring after other gods"? Isnt he omnipotent? How many other gods are there and if those are nonexistent and made up, why put so much effort into cursing them and demanding that they are disbanded? It sounds like the jealous lover that insists that you cease all contact with other men (or women). Its incompatible with omniscience and kind of silly. huh

uh...well...gee...??? Silly? Take a look...

Rebellion...stubborn... arguementative..ignore what is being said, the truth...distorts & doesn't believe the testimony of others... won't acknowledge their sins...comfortable with their own miseries...bitter... resentful... broken.. addicted.. fearful...hopeless... stressed... and Oh Yes! these things create disease & sickness among us & to our families.

God wants people to know the severity of what their fallen man produces. Some things can be reduced by trusting His word.

You are correct about one thing... you can ignore God & make up what you want to but you have only yourself to blame for missed blessings. I would imagine that if all humanity just turned to God to trust Him, they would see such a great glory of God that would bring immeasurable joy. the choice is theirs...yours... to choose.

Quikstepper's photo
Sun 01/04/09 06:46 AM
Edited by Quikstepper on Sun 01/04/09 07:07 AM

Bush takes all the blame again while Obama is tactfully SILENT.
Obama can hide behind "we only have one president at a time" until Jan 20. Where is the change we can believe in? How come he isn't in Washingtonm as a senator and as a president elect urging Bush to do something? Where is Clinton? She is noticeably silent too. You can't tell me that if this had happened a few months ago, say near the middle of October, that Obama would have the same silence.

LOL... Hillary is too buzy campaigning with bon Jovi to ask for donations to help pay her debt for her prez bid. That's where hillary is. LOL

Yes...Obama doesn't want to get his hands dirty. He'll leave the fights up to Hillary & the rest of the old cronies that should have been voted out in the last election.

I can't wait! LOL It's gonna be fun watching them all squrim their way out of all the lies they told. hahahaha

Quikstepper's photo
Sun 01/04/09 06:42 AM
So what? Maybe the majority who aren't there speaks louder volumes...

Quikstepper's photo
Sun 01/04/09 06:40 AM
Uh...if their own govt. took care of their people instead of oppressing them, then it would be their own militaries that would be doing the fighting...not civilians with bombs slapped on them. Yu think????? DUH!!!!!

That's the problem with third world countries...there is no accountability. Giving them control is like putting the physcos in charge of the atomic bomb.

Quikstepper's photo
Sun 01/04/09 06:33 AM

Quikstepper's photo
Sun 01/04/09 06:25 AM
Edited by Quikstepper on Sun 01/04/09 06:28 AM

It certainly is... God doesn't cause our demise we do when we don't trust Him.

His word says that He loved us even when we didn't KNOW Him. Even when we were at emnity with Him.

It also says that it is His will that none should perish but that all come to the saving knowledge of His grace.

Let God be true & every man a liar.

But the gullible eat it up.

hmmm...gullible? Not! What it we experience is justice...justification, our very conscience bears witness to that. That's real.

If you haven't then how do you know it's made up is more the question. I think the ones who are gullible are the ones who gave up instead of waiting for the promises of God. Or maybe they just didn't have the guts to lay down their dirty little hearts & their dirty little thoughts, & their dirty little sins & addictions so God could prove His love to them? Yu think? :wink: Not to mention their sicknesses, diseases, depressions, hopelessness & fears.

Quikstepper's photo
Sun 01/04/09 06:08 AM
Edited by Quikstepper on Sun 01/04/09 07:05 AM
OOPS!

Quikstepper's photo
Sun 01/04/09 06:00 AM
Edited by Quikstepper on Sun 01/04/09 06:20 AM
It certainly is... God doesn't cause our demise we do when we don't trust Him.

His word says that He loved us even when we didn't KNOW Him. Even when we were at emnity with Him.

It also says that it is His will that none should perish but that all come to the saving knowledge of His grace.

Let God be true & every man a liar. FYI...you can be angery with someone & still love them. That is what unconditional love is.

Man in full knowledge of God's word knows what God expects. To turn one's back is their choice to their own consequence...not God's. Jesus paid the ultimate sacrifice for us all & to reject that is to condemn yourself. This is no way means God still doesn't love all His children...it means He means business, He made the provision, His Son paid the price & you can accept it by grace or condemn yourself in eternity. Your choice.

Quikstepper's photo
Sun 01/04/09 05:52 AM
Edited by Quikstepper on Sun 01/04/09 06:11 AM
Gee...there you go again... There is quite alot more but these are the basics. It's all sewn up in loving others as yourself & fulfilling the laws of God in that way. To love one another is an expression of love. Surely smiles...you aren't trying to cause dissention now are you? winking That would not be showing love, would it now?

BTW...changing the wording to fit another "world" view doesn't change God's words. :wink:

"And God spoke all these words, saying: 'I am the LORD your God…

ONE: 'You shall have no other gods before Me.'

TWO: 'You shall not make for yourself a carved image--any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth.'

THREE: 'You shall not take the name of the LORD your God in vain.'

FOUR: 'Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy.'

FIVE: 'Honor your father and your mother.'

SIX: 'You shall not murder.'

SEVEN: 'You shall not commit adultery.'

EIGHT: 'You shall not steal.'

NINE: 'You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.'

TEN: 'You shall not covet your neighbor's house; you shall not covet your neighbor's wife, nor his male servant, nor his female servant, nor his ox, nor his donkey, nor anything that is your neighbor's.'

Quikstepper's photo
Sun 01/04/09 05:42 AM
GEE! Was that the only name you could come up with? You can't discredit God that way. Try some of these as well. :smile:

FYI....Elohim...The Lord our God the Lord is one. That alludes to the trinty. Elohim being plural. Three person ...One God.

EL: God ("mighty, strong, prominent") used 250 times in the OT See Gen. 7:1, 28:3, 35:11; Nu. 23:22; Josh. 3:10; 2 Sam. 22:31, 32; Neh. 1:5, 9:32; Isa. 9:6; Ezek. 10:5. El is linguistically equivalent to the Moslem "Allah," but the attributes of Allah in Islam are entirely different from those of the God of the Hebrews.

ELAH is Aramaic, "god." Elah appears in the Hebrew Bible in Jer. 10:11 (which is in Aramaic, and is plural, "gods"). In Daniel (the Aramaic sections) Elah is used both of pagan gods, and of the true God, also plural. Elah is equivalent to the Hebrew Eloah which some think is dual; Elohim is three or more. The gods of the nations are called "elohim." The origin of Eloah is obscure. Elohim is the more common plural form of El. Eloah is used 41 times in Job between 3:4 and 40:2, but fewer than 15 times elsewhere in the OT. See the Catholic Encyclopedia entry on Elohim.

ELOHIM: God (a plural noun, more than two, used with singular verbs); Elohim occurs 2,570 times in the OT, 32 times in Gen. 1. God as Creator, Preserver, Transcendent, Mighty and Strong. Eccl., Dan. Jonah use Elohim almost exclusively. See Gen. 17:7, 6:18, 9:15, 50:24; I Kings 8:23; Jer. 31:33; Isa. 40:1.

EL SHADDAI: God Almighty or "God All Sufficient." 48 times in the OT, 31 times in Job. First used in Gen. 17:1, 2. (Gen. 31:29, 49:24, 25; Prov. 3:27; Micah 2:1; Isa. 60:15, 16, 66:10-13; Ruth 1:20, 21) In Rev. 16:7, "Lord God the Almighty." The Septuagint uses Greek "ikanos" meaning "all-sufficient" or "self-sufficient." The idols of the heathen are called "sheddim."

ADONAI: Lord in our English Bibles (Capitol letter 'L ', lower case, 'ord') (Adonai is plural, the sing. is "adon"). "Master'' or "Lord" 300 times in the OT always plural when referring to God, when sing. the reference is to a human lord. Used 215 times to refer to men. First use of Adonai, Gen. 15:2. (Ex. 4:10; Judges 6:15; 2 Sam. 7:18-20; Ps. 8, 114:7, 135:5, 141:8, 109:21-28). Heavy use in Isaiah (Adonai Jehovah). 200 times by Ezekiel. Ten times in Dan. 9.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

JEHOVAH: LORD in our English Bibles (all capitals). Yahweh is the covenant name of God. Occurs 6823 times in the OT First use Gen. 2:4 (Jehovah Elohim). From the verb "to be", havah, similar to chavah (to live), "The Self-Existent One," "I AM WHO I AM" or 'I WILL BE WHO I WILL BE" as revealed to Moses at the burning bush, Ex.3. The name of God, too sacred to be uttered, abbreviated ( . . . . ) or written "YHWH" without vowel points. The tetragrammaton. Josh., Judges, Sam., and Kings use Jehovah almost exclusively. The love of God is conditioned upon His moral and spiritual attributes. (Dan. 9:14; Ps. 11:7; Lev. 19:2; Hab. 1:12). Note Deut. 6:4, 5 known to Jews as the Sh'ma uses both Jehovah and Elohim to indicate one God with a plurality of persons.

JEHOVAH-JIREH: "The Lord will Provide." Gen. 22:14. From "jireh" ("to see" or "to provide," or to "foresee" as a prophet.) God always provides, adequate when the times come.

JEHOVAH-ROPHE: "The Lord Who Heals" Ex. 15:22-26. From "rophe" ("to heal"); implies spiritual, emotional as well as physical healing. (Jer. 30:17, 3:22; Isa. 61:1) God heals body, soul and spirit; all levels of man's being.

JEHOVAH-NISSI: "The Lord Our Banner." Ex. 17:15. God on the battlefield, from word which means "to glisten," "to lift up," See Psalm 4:6.

JEHOVAH-M'KADDESH: "The Lord Who Sanctifies" Lev. 20:8. "To make whole, set apart for holiness."

JEHOVAH-SHALOM: "The Lord Our Peace" Judges 6:24. "Shalom" translated "peace" 170 times means "whole," "finished," "fulfilled," "perfected." Related to "well," welfare." Deut. 27:6; Dan. 5:26; I Kings 9:25 8:61; Gen. 15:16; Ex. 21:34, 22:5, 6; Lev. 7:11-21. Shalom means that kind of peace that results from being a whole person in right relationship to God and to one's fellow man.

SHEPHERD: Psa. 23, 79:13, 95:7, 80:1, 100:3; Gen. 49:24; Isa. 40:11.

JUDGE: Psa. 7:8, 96:13.

JEHOVAH ELOHIM: "LORD God" Gen. 2:4; Judges 5:3; Isa. 17:6; Zeph. 2:9; Psa. 59:5, etc.

JEHOVAH-TSIDKENU "The Lord Our Righteousness" Jer. 23:5, 6, 33:16. From "tsidek" (straight, stiff, balanced - as on scales - full weight, justice, right, righteous, declared innocent.) God our Righteousness.

JEHOVAH-ROHI: "The Lord Our Shepherd" Psa. 23, from "ro'eh" (to pasture).

JEHOVAH-SHAMMAH: "The Lord is There" (Ezek. 48:35).

JEHOVAH-SABAOTH: "The Lord of Hosts" The commander of the angelic host and the armies of God. Isa. 1:24; Psa. 46:7, 11; 2 Kings 3:9-12; Jer. 11:20 (NT: Rom. 9:29; James 5:4, Rev. 19: 11-16).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EL ELYON: 'Most High" (from "to go up") Deut. 26:19, 32:8; Psa. 18:13; Gen. 14:18; Nu. 24:16; Psa. 78:35, 7:17, 18:13, 97:9, 56:2, 78:56, 18:13; Dan. 7:25, 27; Isa. 14:14.

ABHIR: 'Mighty One', ("to be strong") Gen. 49:24; Deut. 10:17; Psa. 132:2, 5; Isa. 1:24, 49:26, 60:1.

BRANCH: (tsemach), The Branch: Zech. 3:8, 6:12; Isa. 4:2; Jer. 23:5, 33:15.

KADOSH: "Holy One" Psa. 71:22; Isa. 40:25, 43:3, 48:17. Isaiah uses the expression "the Holy One of Israel" 29 times.

SHAPHAT: "Judge" Gen. 18:25

EL ROI: "God of Seeing" Hagar in Gen. 16:13. The God Who opens our eyes.

KANNA: "Jealous" (zealous). Ex. 20:5, 34:14; Deut. 5:9; Isa. 9:7; Zech. 1:14, 8:2.

PALET: "Deliverer" Psa. 18:2.

YESHUA: (Yeshua) "Savior" ("he will save"). Isa. 43:3. Jesus is the Greek equivalent of the Hebrew "Joshua." The latter is a contraction of Je-Hoshua. ("Christ", the anointed one is equivalent to the Hebrew Maschiah, or Messiah). [See Wikipedia article].

GAOL: "Redeemer" (to buy back by paying a price). Job 19:25; For example, the antitype corresponding to Boaz the Kinsman-Redeemer in the Book of Ruth.

MAGEN: "Shield" Psa. 3:3, 18:30.

STONE: Gen. 49:24

EYALUTH: "Strength" Psa. 22:19.

TSADDIQ: "Righteous One" Psa. 7:9.

EL-OLAM: "Everlasting God" (God of everlasting time) Gen. 21:33; Psa. 90:1-3, 93:2; Isa. 26:4.

EL-BERITH: "God of the Covenant" Used of Baal in Judges 9:46. Probably used originally to refer to the God of israel.

EL-GIBHOR: Mighty God (Isa. 9:6)

ZUR: "God our Rock" Deut. 32:18; Isa. 30:29.

Malachi calls Messiah "The Sun of Righteousness" (Malachi 4:2).

Isaiah calls Messiah "Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God (El Gibhor), Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace" (Isa. 9:6).

'Attiq Yomin (Aramaic): "Ancient of Days," Dan. 7:9, 13, 22.

MELEKH: "King" Psa. 5:2, 29:10, 44:4, 47:6-8, 48:2, 68:24, 74:12, 95:3, 97:1, 99:4, 146:10; Isa. 5:1, 5, 41:21, 43:15, 44:6; 52:7, 52:10.

"The Angel of the Lord: " Gen. 16:7ff, 21:17, 22:11, 15ff, 18:1-19:1, 24:7, 40, 31:11-13, 32:24-30; Ex. 3:6, 13:21, Ezek. 1:10-13. Seen in the theophanies, or pre-incarnate appearances of the Son of God in the OT (See I Cor. 10:3 NT).

FATHER: 2 Sam. 7:14-15; Psa. 68:5; Isa. 63:16, 64:8; Mal. 1:6.

THE FIRST AND LAST: Isa. 44:6, 48:12.

1 2 6 7 8 10 12 13 14 24 25