ElaineSeekingJerry's photo
Sun 06/22/08 07:34 PM
Rhubarb flavoured iced tea ... lemon, raspberry, even peach made the cut -- rhubarb? Nope, not so much.

Sun 06/22/08 07:25 PM
"You Owe Me Nothing In Return" ~ A. Morissette ... song that I gave to a friend before I had to say goodbye to 'us' for awhile.

Sun 06/22/08 05:50 PM

wit

I'll 2nd that motion! drinker

Sun 06/22/08 03:56 PM
'parently the pervs are on strike! :tongue:

Sun 06/22/08 03:20 PM
noway

Sun 06/22/08 03:14 PM
Gotta be exotics ... Bird of Paradise is a fave!

Sun 06/22/08 03:12 PM
Silk or plastic is always nice - and hey, nothin' wrong with bein' thrifty! noway

Sun 06/22/08 03:10 PM
It's TRUE, I read it on the Internet ...

Guys only like girls who cheat on them.
Guys only like girls who use them for their money.
Guys only like girls who are spiteful and mean.
Guys only like girls who nag, whine and make their life miserable.

Yep, that's why I'm single.

Guys just like 'bad girls'.

I guess I'll have to learn to be a 'bad girl'.

*tongue firmly in cheek* :wink:

Sun 06/22/08 02:58 PM

I was at the airport in Calgary...

Shhh! Hiker, don't say that out loud -- wrong province! :wink:
Calgary is not in Alberta?

Yeah ... but I thought you were responding to the original post about BC ... never mind - guess I just wanted an excuse to quote you! bigsmile
I love quoting you too darling.

Good, I have a job for you ... follow me grumble

Sun 06/22/08 02:55 PM

*grabs clipboard, pen, serious looking librarian glasses and prepares for the interrogation* You're kidding, right? huh

Nope definitly not kidding. I got through half a critique yesterday before the person asking the questions had to leave. It was pretty intense

Consider yourself lucky ... no self-respecting, mature, honest, caring woman would put a man through that. *shakes head* It's not about perfection, it's not even about close to perfection ... it's about mutual admiration and enjoyment of one another - quirks, flaws and all.
They never said I had to be perfect or even close to it. They were just asking questions and if you read what i wrote is how close does the guy you are questioning have to come to perfect answers fro your questions not how close to perfect does he have to be.

Oh, I'm sorry - I was trying to be nice by saying you were treated in a way that seemed offensive and/or demeaning.

Misinterpreting your original question and trying to give an honest, helpful reply, does not, imo, merit a "if you read what I wrote" response.

Sun 06/22/08 02:48 PM

Calgary is not in Alberta?

Yeah ... but I thought you were responding to the original post about BC ... never mind - guess I just wanted an excuse to quote you! bigsmile

Sun 06/22/08 02:45 PM
No, I'm hopelessly, shamelessly optimistic and believe that almost anything is possible between two people if they're both willing to negotiate and sacrifice a little! ohwell

Sun 06/22/08 02:44 PM

Sun 06/22/08 02:40 PM

*grabs clipboard, pen, serious looking librarian glasses and prepares for the interrogation* You're kidding, right? huh

Nope definitly not kidding. I got through half a critique yesterday before the person asking the questions had to leave. It was pretty intense

Consider yourself lucky ... no self-respecting, mature, honest, caring woman would put a man through that. *shakes head* It's not about perfection, it's not even about close to perfection ... it's about mutual admiration and enjoyment of one another - quirks, flaws and all.

Sun 06/22/08 02:35 PM

Sun 06/22/08 02:30 PM

To the OP, why are you kissing the cam? Do you think that may have anything to do with your experiences?

Based on my personal experience, the suggestiveness (or lack of it) in one's profile pic doesn't necessarily determine the type of 'innocent' or 'overt' responses that you will receive. I don't think my current 'photo' leaves me open to such questions as 'are you a sexual lady?' and 'where do you like to be touched?' within the first 4 minutes of IMing -- as I was subjected to yesterday, by someone who claimed he hadn't been with a woman in 3 yrs b/c he was so selective and respectful of women ... um, yeah.

Sun 06/22/08 02:01 PM
Did you bring enough drinks to share with the whole class?! :tongue:

Sun 06/22/08 02:00 PM
Which sounds less pathetic -- in dog years, in light years ... embarassed

Sun 06/22/08 01:57 PM

The longer I'm 'online', the more I realize how important language, and written communication in particular, means to me. I completely empathize that for many people, this is NOT their best mode of communication, so I appreciate an honest effort and certainly would never nit-pick or correct someone's use of language. Worse than poor spelling/grammar, imo, is laziness in starting or maintaining a conversation -- can't count the number of times someone has sent me a request to IM or a first email that only said 'hey' and about 4 other syllables. Come on ... first impressions count JUST as much (if not more) in writing as they do in person. Effort, effort, effort -- is that too much to ask?!

I fell in love with you the first day I met you because of your love of grammar and spelling.

*Hands hiker $20* Now if I could just hear that from a man ... blushing

You are quite the grammatical Queen.. And your use of hyphens?? WoW.. I'm speechless.

Another wise guy in the crowd, eh? *strikes her best 'tough girl pose' ... then bursts into a fit of laughter* I guess there are WORSE things to be crowned Queen of! blushing

Sun 06/22/08 01:52 PM

I love a partee.

I love to re-partee just as much after the first one is done!

drinker drinker flowerforyou flowerforyou bigsmile

*hands JaceKnows a Bedazzler as his 'consolation prize' and tries to stifle her laugh ... smarta$$! :tongue:)

1 2 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 25 Next