sparkleplenty424's photo
Wed 08/20/08 05:17 AM
I would simply explain what they did to offend me.

sparkleplenty424's photo
Wed 08/20/08 05:09 AM
Now's about the time we should hold hands and start singing "kumbayah". You guys are great. I'm gonna miss all of you.

sparkleplenty424's photo
Wed 08/20/08 05:02 AM
Edited by sparkleplenty424 on Wed 08/20/08 05:03 AM
On advice of counsel we can neither confirm nor deny...

sparkleplenty424's photo
Tue 08/19/08 06:55 PM

is it because of fear of rejection?are some men really that afraid to approach a pretty woman?
well, they sure aren't approaching the unpretty, I can vouch for that.

Who are they approaching, then?

sparkleplenty424's photo
Tue 08/19/08 05:02 AM

You're a lawyer. Yikes. flowerforyou
That can't be true - a lawyer would know how to spell "advice".laugh

sparkleplenty424's photo
Tue 08/19/08 04:59 AM

I would define it as... continually going out with the same person and both have chosen not to see others.
I thought dating was the opposite of that. To me, dating implies no committment. when you are just dating, you are free to see other people.

I thought the exclusivity came when you entered a relationship and were no longer merely dating.

sparkleplenty424's photo
Tue 08/19/08 04:54 AM
Dogs are very perceptive creatures - they sense things that we cannot.

sparkleplenty424's photo
Mon 08/18/08 05:44 PM
I agree with everyone who said follow your heart.

And I hope things work out well for you.

sparkleplenty424's photo
Mon 08/18/08 05:02 PM

Don't mess with Bill
Don't mess with Bill
(Don't mess with Bill) Say it one more time!
(Don't mess with Bill)

Now I know he's a guy who put tears in my eyes
A thousand times or more
Oh but every time he would apologize
I loved him more than before

Hear what I say, girls keep away, ah ah ah
Don't mess with Bill
(No no no no, Don't mess with Bill) Leave my Billy alone

(Don't mess with Bill) Get a guy of your own
(Don't mess with Bill)

Now there's Johnny, there's Joe and there's Frank and Jim
Just to name a few
Now, Bill's got me and I've got him
I'm sure there's one for you

Don't mess with Bill
(No no no no, Don't mess with Bill) Cause he's mine all mine
(Don't mess with Bill) I say it one more time
(Don't mess with Bill)

Though I tell myself he wants no one else
But keeps coming back to me
Now I'm in no decision to want competition
I want to be sure as can be

Don't mess with Bill
(No no no no, Don't mess with Bill) Leave my Billy alone
(Don't mess with Bill) Cause he's mine all mine
(Don't mess with Bill) I say it one more time
(Don't mess with Bill) Hey yeah yeah yeah
(Don't mess with Bill) Hey yeah yeah yeah
(Don't mess with Bill) Leave my man alone

sparkleplenty424's photo
Mon 08/18/08 04:50 PM
Why do men generalize?

sparkleplenty424's photo
Mon 08/18/08 04:45 PM

I dated a lady 20 years older then me...I don't tend to go younger then me...of course 20 years younger then me is a felony.laugh
yeah, plus you would have to make sure she was potty trained.

sparkleplenty424's photo
Mon 08/18/08 04:42 PM

I'm going through that now...well I'm well over it, but as for her...not so much. We broke up months and months ago, my B day was over a week ago, and she insists to see me to give me a b day gift. I explained that I did not need anything....hmm...would that be stalking or breaking some sort of county law? Anyway, I am insistant that I do not receive it as it is a way to not give her closure because it creates some sort of false hope despite the fact that she says it has nothing to do with it...
I would not accept a Birthday gift either...but if my ex broke my bike, I would not refuse him having it fixed if he offered. As long as the breakup was not about the broken bike laugh ...and otherwise you were on good terms, would you let them take your bike to the shop? It's really more along those lines. flowerforyou
that was what I meant by something that was truly owed. If they borrowed money, or broke something of yours and wanted to make reparation now, I would have no problem with it.

It they treated you like crap and now wanted to buy you lavish gifts to ease their conscience, I would pass. You can't buy forgiveness.

sparkleplenty424's photo
Mon 08/18/08 04:33 PM

I think most of us do like someone who can walk on the lighter side, but when there is need to address the serious issues joking them off can be taken as a sign that you're not serious about the relationship. It just depends on how far it's taken. Can you discuss matters of the heart with a woman, without sticking a finger down your throat and pretending to gag? I mean, really! How old ARE you? Oh sorry, I was having a flashback. oops rofl

A relationship is one area that I am serious...I dont like games....being that I am the only bot out of 7 kids, I dont think my sisters would keep respect for me, if I was a player....not to mention, I would not be a Cappy- Hamper, if I caught someone playing one of them.....I am serious only when it is needed...I am just a real man, with a real heart, who is real playful.
hmmm - you are a bot who is a real man?

Do you know a guy named Jimney Crickett?

sparkleplenty424's photo
Mon 08/18/08 03:32 PM

If it was truly owed to me, it wouldn't be taking advantage. If the person really did need to make amends, I would allow them to. If it were a ploy to get back together, I would not.

I would not take advantage of the person; I try not to do that in general.
I agree with you ((Sparkle)). I think if an ex feels a need to right a wrong, they should be allowed to clear their conscience. I would want someone to allow me that too. flowerforyou

that is because you are a good person.:heart:

sparkleplenty424's photo
Mon 08/18/08 03:30 PM

Hell No

Someone that age tell me what happened the 60's. Way to young for me.
I'm in my 50s and I don't talk about what happened in the 60s.

Time marches on. I live in the now; not in the past.

sparkleplenty424's photo
Mon 08/18/08 03:15 PM
If it was truly owed to me, it wouldn't be taking advantage. If the person really did need to make amends, I would allow them to. If it were a ploy to get back together, I would not.

I would not take advantage of the person; I try not to do that in general.

sparkleplenty424's photo
Mon 08/18/08 02:15 PM

OMG...!!...I hope you don't...noway

surprised You're not...surprised

You're not REALLY looking for a Woman in this Looney-bin?shocked

scared ARE YOU....???slaphead

waving Have Fun....Post in the forums..... Report back in 6 weeks..waving

lolz. im with ya.

Oh come on now I am still trying the real way too....... I just want to really put myself out to the world and just see what my appeal really is. just remember most people are like slinkies...... they really dont have any good uses but are alot of fun to push down the stairsbigsmile
Hmm..jokes about pushing people down the stairs really turn on the babes. You have just increased your appeal exponentially.

sparkleplenty424's photo
Mon 08/18/08 02:04 PM

I am sorry to bring this to the table. But images and what we see and hear are no real influances on actual choices that we make. I honestly believe that evry one in this world is able to make his or her own decisions whether or not they are right or wrong THEY still made the decision..... We are all subject to the world around us..... Its just in how we are rased to transelate.

Children however make decisions based on peer pressure and what they see so if we can change the attitude of others about body style then maybe there would not be so many girls with anerxia or bulimia or overweight. They would be happy as who they are.

And maybe if we get their minds of their bodies, we can teach them to live their lives to the fullest and to respect each other with out prejudice. This is just my opinion and it may differ from yours and that ok. We are all intitled to our opinions.

what she said
children ARE influenced by what they see and what they read
most are too young to make decisions about their bodies

Kinda depends on who is raising the kid.
My son asks me or his mother about right or wrong.
I have told him from a very young age"To hell with what everyone else thinks" and "Do what you will just dont hurt anybody or yourself"
Just because you tell them something does not mean they believe it.

sparkleplenty424's photo
Mon 08/18/08 01:42 PM

Would you consider dating a guy with this job resume?

1. My first job was working in an Orange Juice factory, but I got canned. I couldn't concentrate.
>
2. Then I worked in the woods as a Lumberjack, but I couldn't hack it, so they gave me the axe.
>
3. After that, I tried to be a Tailor, but I just wasn't suited for it - mainly because it was a so-so job.
>
4. Next, I tried working in a Muffler Factory, but that was too exhausting.
>
5. Then, I tried to be a Chef. I figured it would add a little spice to my life, but I just didn't have the thyme.
>
6. Next, I attempted to be a Deli Worker, but any way I sliced it I couldn't cut the mustard.
>
7. My best job was a Musician, but eventually I found I wasn't noteworthy.
>
8. I studied a long time to become a Doctor, but I didn't have any patience.
>
9. Next, was a job in a Shoe Factory. I tried but I just didn't fit in.
>
10. I became a Professional Fisherman, but discovered that I couldn't live on my net income.
>
11. I managed to get a good job working for a Pool Maintenance Company, but the work was just too draining.
>
12. So then I got a job in a Workout Center, but they said I wasn't fit for the job.
>
13. After many years of trying to find steady work, I finally got a job as a Historian - until I realized there was no future in it.
>
14. My last job was working in Starbucks, but I had to quit because it was always the same old grind.
>
15. SO, I TRIED RETIREMENT FROM THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT AND FOUND THAT I'M PERFECT FOR THE JOB!

Forgive me, but I don't see what this has to do with the topic. Or did I just miss something huge?

sparkleplenty424's photo
Mon 08/18/08 12:58 PM
That never happened with me ..my daughter's friends always liked me and they would ask me to join them, when I really had stuff I needed to do. Some of her friends have kept in touch with me when we moved out of state.

Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 20 21