sparkleplenty424's photo
Tue 08/12/08 05:10 AM
the first thing I think of is my ex-husband

sparkleplenty424's photo
Tue 08/12/08 05:08 AM

Generalizations usually have some basis in fact, but are no more attractive than any other stereotype. "Women only want guys that treat them badly", "All nice guys are whiny pu$$ies", etc.

I have dated a lot of women and been lucky enough to have known the love of my life. I also have a great many female friends and I'm smart enough to listen to what they say. Women want respect, the same as a man does. What they don't want is some fawning yes man who constantly decalres his undying love, can't stand to be away from her, etc..... and men don't usually want those things from a woman either. It's unhealthy and almost parasitic.
So- I could be wrong, (it happens a lot) but I'd suggest to all the nice guys that they treat there lady with respect, not deference and just be a ****in' man!

I apologize for any general staements made above- I try to avoid them as I hate being lumped into them myself, but a little hard to avoid with this topic.
Dude you rock! You and Woody both "get it".

It gives me so much hope to know there are guys like you out there; and to really illustrate for us that not all guys are whiny, "she made me treat her badly" types.

sparkleplenty424's photo
Tue 08/12/08 05:07 AM

I believe in "Reap what you sow" and this applies to this topic as well. If you treat another with respect, 9 out of 10 times you will be treated in the same manner. Shallow thinking leads to shallow lives. Granted, there are exceptions to everything, but I have been a "nice guy" pretty much my whole life and have hed wonderous relationships. My marriage did not go south only because of her, I had a part in it also. When you lose touch with the way you are supposed to act and start expecting some sort of praise for it, you will be destined for doom.
Some woman is going to be extremely lucky when she gets you. You understand human relationships.

sparkleplenty424's photo
Mon 08/11/08 04:49 AM
you can't change other people, nor should you.

If you don't like her the way she is, find someone that you do like.

sparkleplenty424's photo
Mon 08/11/08 04:33 AM
You gotta love cats. Just keep in mind when dealing with them that dogs have owners, cats have staff.

sparkleplenty424's photo
Mon 08/11/08 04:31 AM
I just went through all of your posts and every one of them is asking the same question.

Are you not getting any answers?

sparkleplenty424's photo
Mon 08/11/08 04:29 AM
I stay away from people who drink.

sparkleplenty424's photo
Mon 08/11/08 04:27 AM

being real on here and cant seem to get any real down to earth woman who show a general interest in a nice guy like me!

Sure some people will just blow you off because they're "expert's" at knowing what they don't want by glancing at words or pictures, but there is also a good amount that would be thrilled to be with you. Give it time.
I am an expert at knowing what I don't want. Why wouldn't I be?

sparkleplenty424's photo
Sun 08/10/08 10:21 PM
someone told me that a lot of the fun people have left the site.

sparkleplenty424's photo
Sun 08/10/08 05:01 PM

Sounds like a match made in heaven to me. What kind of rugs do you make?

I make rag rugs, I do them for christmas gifts and my close friends.
that sounds like fun. I need to learn how to do that.

sparkleplenty424's photo
Sun 08/10/08 04:49 PM
Sounds like a match made in heaven to me. What kind of rugs do you make?

sparkleplenty424's photo
Sun 08/10/08 04:48 PM

In what way was she using you?

she picked at me emotionally so she could just satisfy her own sexual needs then move on
were your sexual needs unsatisfied?

thats the thing, I don't have sexual needs lol
I focus more on the relationship aspect, and am more about gaining the heart rather than physical things
and yet you had sex with her.

no, we never made it to that point
i choose to keep my virginity... weird for an 18 year old guy i know, but i keep it safe

thats why im sad, she wanted nothing more than a one time stand after telling me to "getting attached is okay"
I must have misunderstood. You said she used you to satisfy her sexual needs and yet you never had sex with her.

sparkleplenty424's photo
Sun 08/10/08 04:39 PM

she picked at me emotionally so she could just satisfy her own sexual needs then move on

thats the thing, I don't have sexual needs lol
I focus more on the relationship aspect, and am more about gaining the heart rather than physical things
and yet you had sex with her.

sparkleplenty424's photo
Sun 08/10/08 04:36 PM
as long as everyone is happy, it's all good.

Everyone should have their own life and their own hobbies, even within a relationship.

sparkleplenty424's photo
Sun 08/10/08 04:30 PM

sparkleplenty424's photo
Sun 08/10/08 04:28 PM
Whisper, if it makes you feel any better, I share the minority opinion that many of the posts here are pointless, spark no discussion, and are posted only because the poster feels the need to be the center of attention on the boards.

When I click on a thread in the general discussion forum, I expect to find a topic for discussion. Not an emoticon, or a single word, or someone saying something inane. Keep that in the chit chat forum. I think people don't understand what the word "topic" means, apparently.

sparkleplenty424's photo
Sun 08/10/08 04:17 PM

you sure they didnt bail because they were tired of hearing how great you are?

why are people so mean?

sparkleplenty424's photo
Sun 08/10/08 04:15 PM

It is very sad that people feel that they have to make up the person that they are. I feel like these people are obviously not comfortable in who they are.

says the person with a beach for their profile picture?
I don't think she is pretending to be that beach, though.

sparkleplenty424's photo
Sun 08/10/08 04:14 PM
Your trip sounds like loads of fun.

Why do people feel the need to insult you, unprovoked?

sparkleplenty424's photo
Sun 08/10/08 04:07 PM

That's no fair! :angry: I made a mistake and it gonna cost me $5.00! :cry:

I petition that we should be allowed to delte our own post within 5 minutes of a brain fart!drinker bigsmile
why can't you just edit it?

cos it's too funny HA!rofl
laugh laugh laugh

1 2 4 6 7 8 9 20 21