Community > Posts By > Ruth34611

Ruth34611's photo
Wed 05/20/15 02:42 PM

How many of you know that our thoughts and daydreaming can create actual events in your lives?.

Do you mean to say that just thoughts, daydreaming , desires or wishes without any actual attempt, action or performance can create actual events in life?

No. We live in a physical world. Physical actions are required. Using "positive thinking" however will bring about favorable conditions within which you can act. The right people and situations begin to come to you and open the way for you to create your new reality.

^ You don't understand the law of attraction. The physical is energy which is shaped by the subconscious mind. Believing and persistence and a burning desire creates your reality. Thinking is being.

I do understand it very well. And no amount of positive thinking will cause me to suddenly be employed without submitting a job application. The positive thinking will create opportunities and bring the right people into my life. But if I sit in my living room and never apply for a job, I will not have a job.

I understand your point and, without doubt, belief coupled with action is a powerful combination and makes sense.

On the other hand, one of the two best jobs I ever had was, literally, handed to me during a positive thinking adventure. I'd moved to Texas for a position, used every penny I had to do so and when I got here, the fella I was to work with told me, "I hired my nephew. I'm sorry."

With less than a dollar in my pocket, a guitar and some clothes (I couldn't carry more) I set off to hitch 1100 miles 'home.' At first, I was pissed. A few miles into it, I started looking at it as something else - No door closes without opening another.

Two miles later, a guy gave me a ride, we got talking about guitars and music. Long story short, he owned his own business, gave me a job, gave me use of a trailer home that he normally rented out, taught me a trade and I taught him to play guitar.

He's still one of my best friends.

A simple mindset - I'm worth it and good things DO happen - created a miracle.

But see, I wasn't disagreeing with this kind of scenario. I specifically said that positive thinking will bring the right people and situations to you. I used the job application as an example of getting out there and taking action. You were not sitting in your living room thinking positively when the phone suddenly rang with an incredible job offer. You were out actively pursuing your dream and the situation shifted and you met the right person. I absolutely believe that's how the law of attraction works.

Ruth34611's photo
Wed 05/20/15 02:36 PM
The reasons vary. They met someone they like better. They didn't like something you said. Their husband/wife caught them on a dating site. Who knows.

Yes, it's happened to me.

Ruth34611's photo
Wed 05/20/15 02:18 PM

Yes you will.

Okay maybe I am not understanding. If you can manifest anything using only your thoughts without taking any action in the physical world, why did you join a dating site? Why did you take the physical action of signing up here rather than just making a partner appear at your doorstep using only positive thinking?

I'm not trying to be argumentative but I'm obviously missing something. Your profile says your looking for a relationship. Why did you join a dating site to find one?

Ruth34611's photo
Wed 05/20/15 06:46 AM

How many of you know that our thoughts and daydreaming can create actual events in your lives?.

Do you mean to say that just thoughts, daydreaming , desires or wishes without any actual attempt, action or performance can create actual events in life?

No. We live in a physical world. Physical actions are required. Using "positive thinking" however will bring about favorable conditions within which you can act. The right people and situations begin to come to you and open the way for you to create your new reality.

^ You don't understand the law of attraction. The physical is energy which is shaped by the subconscious mind. Believing and persistence and a burning desire creates your reality. Thinking is being.

I do understand it very well. And no amount of positive thinking will cause me to suddenly be employed without submitting a job application. The positive thinking will create opportunities and bring the right people into my life. But if I sit in my living room and never apply for a job, I will not have a job.

Ruth34611's photo
Wed 05/20/15 05:56 AM
The future is fluid. Ever changing based on the choices we make ever second of every day.

Tarot helps us by showing us possible outcomes based on the choices we are currently making.

If you were studying for an exam and asked "Will I pass this test?" the cards may say yes. But if you then decide based on that "yes" that you no longer need to study and stop, you may have changed the future with your decision to quit studying.

On the flip side let's say the cards say "no". So you redouble your efforts to prepare. You pass the test and change the future with your choice to study harder.

Do not look to any form of divination to decide your fate. Do not resign yourself to a "bad" outcome card. There are things and events in life that are out of our control, however, most of life is determined by our decisions.

Divination is a tool. It's not meant to run your life. It's meant to help you run your life.

Ruth34611's photo
Wed 05/20/15 05:45 AM

Ruth34611's photo
Tue 05/19/15 06:29 PM

Yesterday morning at 6:20am. :wink:

And you were amazing.

Not as amazing as you. love :wink:

Ruth34611's photo
Tue 05/19/15 06:27 PM
Yesterday morning at 6:20am. :wink:

Ruth34611's photo
Tue 05/19/15 06:26 PM
Yep. I love self checkout. I minimize my contact with people as much as possible.

Ruth34611's photo
Tue 05/19/15 06:24 PM
Yesterday morning.

Ruth34611's photo
Tue 05/19/15 05:13 PM
I am blessed with some truly amazing friends.

Ruth34611's photo
Tue 05/19/15 04:28 PM

I think everybody is missing the point. I don't think the thread is posing the choice of living in a tree with clothing made of leaves... OR LOVE.

It is asking if having more money than you need, enabling you to amass material goods, giant house with space you don't use or need, high end automobiles, etc., OR LOVE.

Actually he didn't really specify his point. He asked a very vague question open to interpretation.

Ruth34611's photo
Tue 05/19/15 02:49 PM

didn't we just do this same post a few weeks ago?

:laughing: I think we've done EVERY post on here a few weeks ago!

Is it possible we have redundantly discussed every imaginable topic there is?

It's not only possible, it's completely true.

Ruth34611's photo
Tue 05/19/15 02:38 PM
You can't live on love.

But money alone is no substitute for love.

I think I'll take love with a modest but stable income.

Ruth34611's photo
Tue 05/19/15 01:22 PM
I wonder why men keep emailing me in spite of my profile.

Ruth34611's photo
Tue 05/19/15 01:00 PM

I certainly hope so. I see others find love and I think surely it is my turn at last.

That it is time for more of the funny, patient, caring Mingler's I see like wallflowers waiting with "pick me" in the depths of soulful eyes.

I really don't get why so many linger alone when they seem to have so much to offer.

I truly wonder the same thing.

Ruth34611's photo
Tue 05/19/15 11:28 AM
I'll be taking a break from this for a few days. One of the challenges I have as a reader is staying detached from the people I read for. Whenever I read for someone a little attachment cord is formed between us and I'm not super good with cutting that right away. Last night I was up too late worrying about all of you. slaphead

But, I enjoy this very much and I'll be back to do more readings in a few days. flowerforyou

Ruth34611's photo
Tue 05/19/15 11:23 AM
Edited by Ruth34611 on Tue 05/19/15 11:23 AM

waving Ruth flowerforyou

I've been searching for many years for 'him'.. I've put it out into the universe on many occasions (with maybe too much precise detail requirements laugh) but I'm still alone.. my question is..

will 2015 be the year he finally finds me?

It does not look like this is the year for finding him. But, I also don't believe that is set in stone as I think you hit the nail on the head with your statement regarding your requirements. The person in this card is holding on very tightly to what he has. Too tightly. You may find more success by letting go some of your ideas regarding what you believe you need in a man and trust the Universe a little more to bring the right person to you.

Ruth34611's photo
Tue 05/19/15 11:10 AM

Anxious...

(((Storm))) :heart:

Ruth34611's photo
Tue 05/19/15 11:10 AM

Frustrated with my health. Stupid Lupus. grumble

((( Ruth )))flowerforyou

flowers