Community > Posts By > becca777

no photo
Thu 05/13/10 01:51 PM

you are glutton for punishment aren't you...*laughs*

how goes the writing?
O.K. Worked on a short story last week. Posted a new poem in my notes on FB. Nothing major. How's the book edit comin'?

Edit is finished...i'm working on the cover design now and i'm waiting to hear back from the critic who wants to write the forward for it.

no photo
Thu 05/13/10 09:23 AM
My daughter is completely in love with Justin Bieber and he is going to be close by soon.

A gf of hers bought tickets and asked her to go. I was crushed because I had planned on surprising her with tickets. The gf told her she had to buy the girl's lunch for the rest of the year if she wanted to go...naturally my daughter told her to stick it in her hat.

I was so proud of her...now...i tried to get tickets yesterday AND HE IS SOLD OUT!!!!

the only way i can get them is to pay an outrageous price from azzholes who bought up a bunch and is reselling them for stupid money.

*bummed*

no photo
Thu 05/13/10 09:16 AM
you are glutton for punishment aren't you...*laughs*

how goes the writing?

no photo
Tue 05/11/10 11:01 AM
I don't see anything wrong with it if the guy messed up once and got punished for it.
But i do think it depends on what he did...i.e. a repeat sex offender on children or killer as opposed to a thief during bad times.

no photo
Tue 05/11/10 10:52 AM
What I meant was if you go back through time...way back...to natural instinct and before civilization...
i couldn't quite figure out how to say what i mean so i did a bit of research online:

Human beings have all those natural instincts that there can be, those fierce inborn instincts that are described as naturally necessary for perhaps a rudimentary survival; but human beings may spend most of their life trying to curb those instincts, to confine them within frames of some culture, with rituals imposed by superstructures contrived within a community or nation and with their religious practices.

Human beings, like all other ferocious expressions of life, are made in struggle and for struggle, in terror (fear) and in horror (nasty foes, competitors, fights, wars).

Humans have their natural instincts modified (curbed) by civilization and by culture; civilization tries to promote and love the instincts of empathy and of good harmonious interaction in certain ways among people and within nature while a culture will try to select, to prune off, to make you more "quadrangular" and or to perhaps package you in body and in soul.

no photo
Tue 05/11/10 10:29 AM
Edited by becca777 on Tue 05/11/10 10:30 AM
i agree
you have to imagine your life 20 or 30 years down the line with that same person.
would you really have been happy with him?

no photo
Tue 05/11/10 10:27 AM
No, but only because society and laws made it that way.

no photo
Tue 05/11/10 10:21 AM
*whispers* just don't get caught

no photo
Tue 05/11/10 10:15 AM

is that people want to tell you after that fact that you have been cheated on? Why is they can not tell you about the deceit you are living, so you can end it then. And what is the point of upsetting someone after the fact, by finding out they were deceived later? I think if they are disrespectful enough not to tell you while you are together, why rub it in afterwards?

I am not attempting to justify someone else's actions here, but... it's a no win situation for the friend...

If they tell you while you are "in it" you just may shun the friend in lieu of your "new or current love"

If they tell you after the fact, the same can happen...

It's a no win for anyone... the person who is really at fault it the cheater... the rest is simply collateral damage...

Luck to ya!

$.02 drinker

I have to agree. If I were your good friend and I knew about the cheating, I'd have a very difficult time telling you for fear of losing your friendship. Many, many times throughout history when the friend tries to intervene they are either "jealous" or accused of not wanting you to be happy. The friendship ends up in quarrel and breaks up. I'd have a hard time telling my friend. If anything, I'd try to prove it over anything else.

no photo
Tue 05/11/10 10:06 AM
it is too bad you cannot base peoples age on their intelligence level.

no photo
Mon 05/10/10 01:43 PM
you killed the guy who knew where it was

no photo
Mon 05/10/10 12:45 PM
If it were real....i don't think i could either...but how many people will hypothetically say that. if ACTUALLY shown THAT box and the money....who would look both ways and nonchalantly reach their hand in that box? spock

no photo
Mon 05/10/10 12:37 PM
Edited by becca777 on Mon 05/10/10 12:37 PM
I would think it was a joke and if I pushed the button I'd get zapped or something stupid.

And I'd take the little wooden box with me just in case someone else was tempted.

no photo
Mon 05/10/10 12:12 PM
so much for the sweet and innocent huh?

WOW!

no photo
Mon 05/10/10 12:06 PM
how cute
*smiles*

no photo
Mon 05/10/10 08:39 AM

We have a camp on a lake close by. We go there every weekend and just chill. My kids absolutely love it. Quiet and so peaceful.

How was the BD little missy?

WONderful! It's almost as if i feel a sense of establishment if that makes any sense. I feel like I am starting a whole new chapter in my life...and it feels really good.

no photo
Mon 05/10/10 08:24 AM
We have a camp on a lake close by. We go there every weekend and just chill. My kids absolutely love it. Quiet and so peaceful.

no photo
Mon 05/10/10 07:54 AM
It was nice...yes....
I'm glad that my 'down time' was just a temporary thing.
Time to live it up!

no photo
Mon 05/10/10 07:29 AM
I had a WONDERFUL weekend.
Dinner on Friday night with my family...we went out afterwards and I didn't buy myself a drink all night.
Saturday they threw me a party and we had about 35 or so people...lots of food, beer, wine and good friends.
I couldn't have asked for anything better...well, except maybe a trip to nyc....
*grins*

no photo
Fri 05/07/10 12:49 PM
awe! i love flowers....thank you

1 2 3 4 6 8 9 10 24 25