Community > Posts By > Lazarus102

Lazarus102's photo
Tue 11/01/16 09:57 AM

"Deflection" Ha Haaaa!

For since the creation of the world God's invisible qualities--his eternal power and divine nature--have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that people are without excuses.

Now deflect that one.

Uhh... I don't have to deflect it.. All you've done is say "all that stuff that's already been explained logically by science, well.. Some all powerful superbeing did it because he was bored" can't argue that logic!

Lazarus102's photo
Tue 11/01/16 06:33 AM

God exists.
Get used to it
tongue2

offtopic tongue2 waving

Perhaps you could share your evidence for that assertion on one of the other threads dealing with that question.smile2

There is plenty of evidence that God exists. You simply choose to close your eyes to them.
So I simply choose to say:
God exists. Get used to it.

LOL, suuure there is. Whenever evidence is asked for though the answer always trails off or someone quotes something from the bible. Don't try to act condecending, it doesn't work if it's only used as deflection.

Lazarus102's photo
Tue 11/01/16 06:28 AM

Change your perspective. Determine to be happy in spite of the circumstances.

If he's the cynical type like me, that's far easier said than done. That's like telling someone with clinical depression to just get over it or someone with Alzheimer's to just remember stuff.

Or just build a bridge and get over it.(One of my pet hates) Without a plan.

BUT

Give a picture and a plan can be constructed if possibility is conceived.

As you say it is easier said than done

BUT

Learning that one can change ones perspective and that what ever perspective you have at any one time is not the only true perspective is a very powerful and helpful perspective :-)

Also

Learning that its not what happens but how you react that is the greater decider in the outcome is helpful

If you decide it is impossible it will be hard to find possibility

If you decide it is possible you shall look for possibilities

If you think you know all possibilities, you are wrong!!!!

DMA'S cover Cher 'Believe' for Like A Version
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MmwFnoMoDDg

True to some extent but that's why I said what I said in my other post. simply trying to change one's perspective without changing what brought you to feel that way in the first place will only bring you full circle to where you started and feeling the same way. Believe me, I've been on the same treadmill for over a decade. One thing that must be understood as well is that real change takes time. Never expect change overnight. Build a plan, build steps to achieve the goal at the end of that plan but be prepared to wait 1-5 years to see that change that you strive for and if that seems like a long time then think about how you'll feel 1-5 years from now if you do nothing. A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.

Lazarus102's photo
Mon 10/31/16 06:01 PM

Change your perspective. Determine to be happy in spite of the circumstances.

If he's the cynical type like me, that's far easier said than done. That's like telling someone with clinical depression to just get over it or someone with Alzheimer's to just remember stuff.

Lazarus102's photo
Mon 10/31/16 03:22 AM
Edited by Lazarus102 on Mon 10/31/16 03:29 AM

everybody must has somethin that somehow make a big change in their life. what make u change? what is ur turning point? seems like im lost of purpose..i need somethin..

The turning point is when you stop relying on other people and find strength within yourself to reach your goals. I don't mean turn to god and become religious, that's one way to empower yourself but it is false and no better than relying on other people. People are false, deceptive and self serving and there are very few that are not. You can only rely on you and the sooner you can learn that the better. Having someone at your side is nice, the real icing on the cake but them being there can't be expected or relied upon.

It is human nature to rely on those around us but American culture pushes us apart in so many ways including fear and superficiality.

So set goals, long term and short. Take baby steps towards those goals, every step is a small triumph. Get a hobby or healthy addiction to fill the gaps along the way. Get a regular sleep/wake schedule that works for your mind/body and if within your means eat healthy.

You are in charge of your life and if you aren't for any reason then you need to get into a situation in which you are, make a life change because if you aren't happy, what do you have to lose?

Oh and if you regularly listen to hard rap or death metal, stop it. That crap is horrible for people that have emotional issues. But too much soft sad music isn't good either, try listening to upbeat music that makes you feel good.

Lazarus102's photo
Mon 10/31/16 02:48 AM
Edited by Lazarus102 on Mon 10/31/16 02:58 AM
Humans are designed to first process one's looks and then their personality. This is really screwed up when it comes to dating sites because the people ugly on the outside are often skipped over because unlike encounters of prior decades, we aren't forced to give a person a chance to speak their minds and display their inner selves or even their subtle body language.

So many people lie and try to claim they are not shallow but it is a very small percentage of this community (especially among women) that don't skim pictures before shopping personalities. That is the problem with the internet, when one is given a million to select from is he/she going to select the ugly girl/guy with the awesome personality or the beautiful girl/guy with the awesome personality. It's not as much of a choice for men as it is women but it can still be difficult to lower one's standards when there is such a selection available at the fingertips.

In such a situation people become objects like those bought at a supermarket and nothing more.

Lazarus102's photo
Sun 10/30/16 06:34 PM
Edited by Lazarus102 on Sun 10/30/16 06:45 PM

Shirtless pics unless men are at the beach, dick pics or even pickes of men fully clothed but angled at their crotch are all a big turn off to me. BLOCK! BLOCK! BLOCK!happy

Ya, even during my bi phase I'd get the odd pics like that from dudes. Like that's the first pic they send and I'm like "uhh.. that's nice, where's your face?". Even in a nude pic I want to see the person's face. On fetlife I even seen several profiles in which the main or only pic was of a butt hole. Like ya man, that's how I pick my perfect mate is by how good their poop-flecked ringpiece looks, Fk seeing their face!

Lazarus102's photo
Sun 10/30/16 05:48 PM

Oh and no, the kinda girl I'm looking for I probably won't find any time soon. The reason I can't find a girl is because I am looking for a girl with a unique personality type that seems rather rare, likely will be some time for me. I'm just making a general point with this thread that the guys that send the dick pics are screwing things up even worse for the rest of the guys.

nah I tried once, camera lense wasn't wide enough lol

Haha, good one.

Lazarus102's photo
Sun 10/30/16 04:34 PM
Edited by Lazarus102 on Sun 10/30/16 04:36 PM
Oh and no, the kinda girl I'm looking for I probably won't find any time soon. The reason I can't find a girl is because I am looking for a girl with a unique personality type that seems rather rare, likely will be some time for me. I'm just making a general point with this thread that the guys that send the dick pics are screwing things up even worse for the rest of the guys.

Lazarus102's photo
Sun 10/30/16 04:24 PM
Edited by Lazarus102 on Sun 10/30/16 04:33 PM

seriously enough with them !

Lazarus explained the impotency and the desperateness of those guys, also our disgust about it very well. couldnt explain it better.

thanks Lazarus.

Well, desperate explains many of the guys on here for reasons that I've already explained. It's taken me a while to figure it out but the scales are at a terrible imbalance when it comes down to one sex messaging the other.
But for the purposes of this thread I would call it more an act of depravity than desperation.

Edit: apologies, it was this thread that I explained all that http://mingle2.com/topic/505988 .

Lazarus102's photo
Sun 10/30/16 03:37 PM
Subject pretty much says it all. Don't do it. If women want those they will ask. You are seriously F-ing up what women think of men in general when sending such things within the first few messages. What is wrong with you? Do you have some kind of mental/sexual disorder? That's like running up to some girl on the street and going "HI!" and pulling your dick out.

Being anonymous about it doesn't make it right. If you have such a low level of creativity that you literally cannot come up with more than "HI" for a first message and such a low level of personality that you can't send more than a dick pic for a followup message then you seriously should not be on these sites.

Even being a guy myself I can honestly say that guys are idiots, generally speaking.

Lazarus102's photo
Sat 10/29/16 09:29 AM

Just as much proof in both?? LOL, nope!. There are likely people still alive today that had relatives that spoke to George Washington or maybe relatives of his slaves. He was one of the founding fathers of the united states and that was not long ago. There are paintings of him, lol. Also like I said, boring president vs. Supreme magical being. One of these makes sense and the other comes off as a children's fairy tale, please tell me that you can tell the difference? Some would think you insane otherwise.

Well I was wrong, George would have one form of "evidence" over Jesus. As Jesus never got married and never had biological children. But there are first hand paintings of Jesus, painted of him and while he was on the cross. But I know not of this Supreme "magical" being you speak of, didn't know we were talking about magic.

Magic, miracles or godly intervention, it matters not; these are just terms that people use for things that they cannot understand. Maybe some man named Jesus lived 2000 years ago and storys were likely told of him, exaggerated stories of being the son of god because his mother was a virgin. I mean no possible way that she could have just been a slut and too scared of her husband whom at the time would have had full rights to beat her senseless if not to death if caught cheating on him. And more exaggerated stories about how he turned perfectly good water into wine, for reasons.. I guess getting drunk was a necessity back then.. Or what was the other one, turning one loaf of bread into 10, it's likely that Jesus merely invented sliced bread, lol...

It's likely these stories made it through time because they're based on "truth" and even today people still cling to "reality" TV even if it is mostly scripted and made up.

Simple fact, For most of us, life is boring and pointless, that is all. We need to live in the day and not for some fantasy afterlife. We will live on after death but only as the molecules that made up our being, nothing more.

Crucifixion wasn't a "common" punishment for just any regular ole joe. Sorry you feel that way about a miracle, I hope one day you'll truly experience a miracle :). And for the rest of it, it's just your "feelings" perspective of it. Not renouncing what you feel about it, just has no more merit or "proven" truth then what I state here.

Feeling good about something (no matter how good) does not make it divine.
Like, if I survive a heart attack, that's just dumb luck, people do it all the time. If I survive a heart attack then float up several feet out of the hospital bed as if to be lifted by the hand of a god, maybe then.

??? Please elaborate. The dead since Jesus was on Earth have not risen too Heaven and will not rise or go to Heaven until the second coming of Christ.

1 Thessalonians 4:16

16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:

I mean it's a beautiful wonderful thought to think about your diseased relatives or maybe loved ones being in Heaven, but that isn't the case. They are in hell atm, or as we call it the "grave" awaiting Jesus' return to be taken home.

Revelation 20:13

13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.

And mary had a little lamb. What was your point?

Was just clarifying your attempt of belittling the belief with your statement of

If I survive a heart attack then float up several feet out of the hospital bed as if to be lifted by the hand of a god, maybe then.

Besides being made up by very bored individuals over 2000 years ago it holds multiple purposes. It is as a placebo for those that lack purpose. Also it helps people cope with their fear of death. But logic and consoling along with the inner strength to get on ones own feet instead of always being on ones knees for a non-existent entity, these things would fill the void if the fairy tales didn't exist.

Everything is logically explainable if you take the god-blinders off and listen.
I wonder, is it that you simply refuse logic or that your life cannot go on without god(or at least the perception of one)? Perhaps it's that you've been living for "him" too long and it's like those people that spend decades in prison and have no idea how to live in the real world?
I suppose that last one I could understand, the real world is hard to deal with. I've considered turning to religion for a purpose in this otherwise sad void of a world but I just find it far too silly and childish. Like those people that LARP, it just isn't for me.

BTW it wasn't an attempt at belittling the belief, it was me saying I'll believe it when I see it, real proof, not through some event that may or may not have happened without some divine intervention.

Lazarus102's photo
Fri 10/28/16 04:50 PM

Just as much proof in both?? LOL, nope!. There are likely people still alive today that had relatives that spoke to George Washington or maybe relatives of his slaves. He was one of the founding fathers of the united states and that was not long ago. There are paintings of him, lol. Also like I said, boring president vs. Supreme magical being. One of these makes sense and the other comes off as a children's fairy tale, please tell me that you can tell the difference? Some would think you insane otherwise.

Well I was wrong, George would have one form of "evidence" over Jesus. As Jesus never got married and never had biological children. But there are first hand paintings of Jesus, painted of him and while he was on the cross. But I know not of this Supreme "magical" being you speak of, didn't know we were talking about magic.

Magic, miracles or godly intervention, it matters not; these are just terms that people use for things that they cannot understand. Maybe some man named Jesus lived 2000 years ago and storys were likely told of him, exaggerated stories of being the son of god because his mother was a virgin. I mean no possible way that she could have just been a slut and too scared of her husband whom at the time would have had full rights to beat her senseless if not to death if caught cheating on him. And more exaggerated stories about how he turned perfectly good water into wine, for reasons.. I guess getting drunk was a necessity back then.. Or what was the other one, turning one loaf of bread into 10, it's likely that Jesus merely invented sliced bread, lol...

It's likely these stories made it through time because they're based on "truth" and even today people still cling to "reality" TV even if it is mostly scripted and made up.

Simple fact, For most of us, life is boring and pointless, that is all. We need to live in the day and not for some fantasy afterlife. We will live on after death but only as the molecules that made up our being, nothing more.

Crucifixion wasn't a "common" punishment for just any regular ole joe. Sorry you feel that way about a miracle, I hope one day you'll truly experience a miracle :). And for the rest of it, it's just your "feelings" perspective of it. Not renouncing what you feel about it, just has no more merit or "proven" truth then what I state here.

Like, if I survive a heart attack, that's just dumb luck, people do it all the time. If I survive a heart attack then float up several feet out of the hospital bed as if to be lifted by the hand of a god, maybe then.

??? Please elaborate. The dead since Jesus was on Earth have not risen too Heaven and will not rise or go to Heaven until the second coming of Christ.

1 Thessalonians 4:16

16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:

I mean it's a beautiful wonderful thought to think about your diseased relatives or maybe loved ones being in Heaven, but that isn't the case. They are in hell atm, or as we call it the "grave" awaiting Jesus' return to be taken home.

Revelation 20:13

13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.

And mary had a little lamb. What was your point?

Lazarus102's photo
Fri 10/28/16 03:37 PM
Edited by Lazarus102 on Fri 10/28/16 03:40 PM

Lazarus102's photo
Fri 10/28/16 03:36 PM

Absolutely, Lazarus. That's sound logic, right there.
As far as your comment about scissors, allow me to offer an interesting fact.
Despite our common image of Jesus as having long hair and a beard, in some of the earliest known depictions of him, he had short hair and no beard. Not surprising, though, since (According to Cassius.) Emperor Hadrian (76 to 138CE) was the first Roman Emperor to sport a beard.
It's also pretty amusing that in a mosaic depiction of Jesus from around 350CE, he bears a striking resemblance to Emperor Constantine! Imagine that.
(https://archaeology-travel.com/friday-find/hinton-st-mary-mosaic/)

Oh, and here's another interesting fact that adds weight to your argument: Even if the "firsthand painting" that CowboyGH posits did exist, and said "Jesus being crucified" right on it, it STILL wouldn't prove that THE Jesus existed. The name "Jesus" was a very popular name in the First Century CE. Archaeologists have discovered over seventy instances of that name in burial tombs from that time-period.
(https://www.theguardian.com/world/2007/feb/27/religion.israel)
Furthermore, Josephus also mentions a couple of other guys named "Jesus."

pronounced "hey-zeus", seems be be more than a couple just south of here...

Another bit of irony, Zeus is the name of a god in Greek mythology.

Lazarus102's photo
Fri 10/28/16 07:11 AM

But there are first hand paintings of Jesus, painted of him and while he was on the cross.

That would be worthy of a link

Many often times the "proof" that religious people speak of are things that got debunked by science some time ago. Even if such pictures existed and science proved them to be from that time period, A: did scissors even exist back then? If not, most of the men from that time likely looked like Jesus. B: crucifixion was quite likely a common punishment back then so seeing a paining of a man on a cross, Jesus or otherwise proves nothing of the existence of a god.

Funny thing, people were all hog wild over the idea of aliens visiting earth in recent times when all the crop circles started popping up, until it turned out just to be a bunch of bored hillbilly farmers that made them as a publicity stunt. Like I said, bored people make stuff up and the people of that time period would have been VERY bored; especially since all there was to do was read, have sex and survive and only higher class folk could read.

Lazarus102's photo
Thu 10/27/16 07:52 PM

Lazarus102's photo
Thu 10/27/16 05:24 PM

I'm not saying I believe in the existence of a god, because I don't.
I'm mostly posting here because the atheist forums are practically dead, which I don't really understand. Over 200k posts in religion and 1k in atheist forums. How do so many people in the age of logic and reason still believe in the existence of a god?

It is written in the bible that god is a loving god, god is a forgiving god, blah blah.

But in practice, god is a vindictive god, god is a childish god and god is a cruel god.

The whole story about Noah's ark is basically a story about a god that got mad, threw a childish temper tantrum and killed everyone on the planet save a boatload of people and animals. Does that really seem like an all knowing god of great wisdom to anyone?

If anyone has seen the movie "machine gun preacher". There's a movie based on the real life of Sam Childers, a biker that found religion after he thought he killed a man then traveling to Africa and helping to save a bunch of children from a corrupt warlord. On to my point. In the movie(based on real life) you see a bunch of children in a pile that were torched to death because they tried to escape. Was that all part of gods plan, did god "love" these children in their final minutes as they were brutally burned to death and screaming? Seems like a damned sadistic god to me.

Basically what I'm saying is that if god does exist, he's pretty much using us as lab rats in his psychological experiment.
All of the good stuff and "miracles" that he's let happen really do pale in comparison to all the atrocities that he's turned a blind eye to all in favor of fulfilling his "divine plan".

In my honest opinion the novelty of "god" died off in the 20th century. I think that many of us are smart enough to come to the realization that the invention of a god in inevitable because we all fear death and therefore invent the prospect of an afterlife, and who would be powerful enough to design such a thing? "God" and only that.

But all that is self defeating, instead of confronting our fear of death and helping to seek a method of prolonging our lives through science, we run to religion which has a long standing history of stifling science.

Many people will argue the existence of a god because they feel that they've seen him in one manner or another. His face is on a door, his face was on a grilled cheese sandwich or the classic "I see it in the miracles that happen every day". Such as what? Newborn life? Every time a baby is born it's a "miracle". Well what about those born into third world countries that starve to death before they're old enough to read or what about those born into overpopulous that struggle through their entire life just trying to make ends meet(because it's a rat race just to get a job)then ultimately succumb to suicide. Was there really a point in either of those being born just to live a life of pain and suffering with no chance for a happy ending? Or perhaps people will argue the "miracles" of rain or the sun coming up each day. Nope, the sun is a giant ball of gas and the rain is just precipitation.

God exists because like an imaginary friend when we have no other, we want him to exist and if we stop believing, he will not exist.

When God created mankind He created us complete with a brain so we can think properly as human, plan and decide to which I believe that we us human are responsible with our individual right or wrong doing... Whether you believe or not it's your own opinion but haven't you realized that when you said here that God is blah blah blah it already proven that you believe that God really exist... It's just that... With whatever wrong doing mankind has done God is the one to blame as what you're saying when obviously it's not God who did it... Is human really created to put finger or put the blame on others? This is such a pity to us then

IF god did exist in his all powerful form as people suggest then he easily has the power to intervene on all the wrongdoings but instead sits around and does nothing. He's like a police officer that sits there and watches murder happen in front of him and does nothing. Useless.. He watches people get brutally tortured until their minds are warped to pure evil on a daily basis and does nothing. Heck, according to the bible those people then end up getting punished with a trip directly to hell upon their death.

As stated in the OP, IF he did exist, he's not a loving god and I'd go so far as to say the worlds biggest a--hole.

If God were to wield all His powers you and your master will accuse Him of abuse.
However,He had set a day to judge all the actions of Man --and that of your master and his defeated clique (Revelations 20 v 11-12)
But now is time of Gods mercy and grace through Jesus Christ.
He is a loving God.

"master" Yeah... Slavery, yet another horrible practice that was given the religious seal of approval.

Well,your generalizations are so miscued.
God loves humanity whom He created so much that He offered up Himself through His Son JESUS CHRIST to reconcile humanity back to Himself.
Why was that so necessary?
Man sold out himself to the devil.
The wicked devil became the master of Man. You are the servant to whose bidding you do.
Man has turned to the devil. Consequently, evil became the lot of humanity:wars,sufferings, poverty,sickness etc
Jesus came to alleviate Man from the works of the devil.
Acts 10v38 :
How God anointed Jesus Christ....with Holy Ghost and with power,who went about doing good and healing all that were oppressed of the devil;for God was with Him.

All oppression:sicknesses, deciet of atheism,wars,all evils,unbelief has their root in the devil.
DEVIL means pioneer of all evil and falsehood, deciet,lies,sin, atheism etc

So dude,oppression is from the devil,not God-He is such a loving God.

Still no proof of the existence of a god, just debate over the interpretations of the words in a 2000 year old fairy tale and the people that think every shift in the weather in proof of a god. So apparently he's a glorified weather man, lol...

It boils down to faith, for example purposes where is your proof of the existence of George Washington other by heresay "historical documents"? Just because you put more faith into those "evidences" of George's existence doesn't trump the evidences of God's existence. Just boils down to again you place more faith into those evidences then in God's.

I already covered that in the George Washington example. Stuff like that is too boring to make up. George Washington wasn't some glorified mage performing miracles, lol.. He was no different than George bush besides owning slaves and such.

It's a simple matter of believably. If you tell me that Trump said in a presidential debate that he wants to put up a wall and make the Mexicans pay for it, Well, that is plausible and I am able to believe it without even looking into it really. If you tell me that there's some all powerful god and the only thing he does in present day is things that have mostly already been explained by science that happen by themselves. That I'll need a little proof on, I'm not an idiot after all. That's like the person that says "I can make myself invisible but it only happens when no one is looking!". Lol..

Very good point and I want to play a little game with you to make my point in what I was saying. I'll believe George Washington was president when you start believing in God. There is just as much proof for both. Just you personally choose to put more faith in that George was president then there being a God.

Lazarus102's photo
Thu 10/27/16 03:57 PM
Con, I don't have any, lol..

Lazarus102's photo
Thu 10/27/16 03:56 PM

So I noticed that in many male profiles, even the really short ones, men make it a point of stating that they are hardworking.

In retrospect, I realised that I never really yearned for that quality in a man. I certainly never wanted a lazy man but for me , it was always enough for him to work at least enough to pay his portion of the bills.

But Ive been thinking ...

How important is it for other women that a man be hard working?

And for the men, how much do you value that attribute of working hard in yourself?

Is it one of the top 3 qualities that you pride yourself on personally?

I think a more important question in the interest of gender equality and all is, how important for men is it that women be hardworking. Oh wait, guys are lucky to even get a reply from a girl, we can't be that picky, lol..