Community > Posts By > KeithD87

KeithD87's photo
Mon 08/05/13 05:14 PM
I am proud to be Virginia's resident Nine Inch Nails fanatic bigsmile
I first heard them with the video for March of the Pigs on Beavis and Butthead. A year later, one of our cleaning ladies at the time let me borrow her copy of Downward Spiral, and it was all downhill from there, as they say. I'm not afraid to say that I'm completely obsessed with Trent's music, including his film scores and How To Destroy Angels (whom I got to see live, and it was an amazing show). Trent and his music, in a very literal way, has been my savior more than once in my life, and I owe more to him than he will ever know.
I've got floor tickets to their upcoming show in DC in October, and I am beyond excited for it. I saw them in 05 on the With Teeth tour, but I missed them on every other tour after that, so I've been waiting eight freaking years to see them again. It's possible that I may die of happiness after the show.

KeithD87's photo
Mon 08/05/13 05:05 PM
Dennis Chambers (Santana and session legend)
Buddy Rich
Gene Krupa (The first drummer who ever made me want to play drums)
Peter Criss/Eric Singer (KISS)
Todd Sucherman (I'm not a big Styx fan, but this guy is one of the best drummers I've ever heard)
John Bonham (If you don't know who he is, you should leave this thread)
Joey Kramer (Aerosmith)
Christoph Schneider (Rammstein; he's got an amazing sense of subtlety and finesse live that the studio just hasn't captured yet. His cymbal washes and accents especially stand out. Seriously, listen to Volkerball and you'll hear it)
Jerome Dillon during his stint with Nine Inch Nails. Again, he had a sense of subtlety and finesse that Josh Freese, Chris Vrenna and Ilan Rubin all decidedly lacked.

KeithD87's photo
Mon 08/05/13 04:49 PM
If someone asks me what my favorite Pink Floyd song is, my first answer is usually Have A Cigar. Being a musician and dealing with so much of the bullsh*t that the song talks about, it really speaks to me on a very deep level.

Also, for some ungodly reason, I decided to watch The Flaming Lips perform Dark Side Of The Moon at Hang Out Festival the other day on the Palladia music channel. If you're ever scrolling through your TV guide and you see it on, do yourself a favor and do not, under any circumstance, put it on. It was the aural equivalent of being punched repeatedly in the testicles by a spiked, lead wrecking ball with a core made of solid, pure, concentrated hate. It was so atrocious it was actually personally offensive, and I will never, ever forgive myself for watching it. Consider this a warning and a public service announcement.

KeithD87's photo
Mon 08/05/13 04:39 PM
I may play in a Blues/Funk/Soul/old school R&B band, but I'm a Metal Head/hard Rocker at heart. I love Nine Inch Nails, Rob Zombie, Motorhead, Megadeth, Slipknot, Judas Priest, KoRn, the list goes on. I may not regularly listen to that many bands who came out after 1989, but that doesn't mean I have any less love for the music and the culture.

My dream is to find another girl I can go to a Metal show with who can bang her head just as hard as I can bigsmile

KeithD87's photo
Mon 08/05/13 04:33 PM
Black Sabbath, baby! I'm also hoping to see KISS again this year, but I'm most looking forward to Nine Inch Nails in October. It's possible that I may die from an overabundance of childish excitement and happiness after the show...

KeithD87's photo
Sun 08/04/13 12:46 PM
Early January... She broke up with me the next morning :cry:

KeithD87's photo
Sun 08/04/13 12:44 PM
Pull her close, kiss her deeply (but not hard, there's a difference), one hand on her cheek/fingers wrapping around the back of her head just near her ear, the other arm either around her waist or her back, lean forward a little so that she leans back, and eyes closed.

That's only in the most general of terms, but it's what works for me. I haven't used this on every girl I've ever kissed; only the ones who were truly special to me and really meant something, but the ones who experienced it always enjoyed it thoroughly. It takes practice, though. Hope you and your lady enjoy it. But be warned, it's very powerful, so use it well, and use it wisely bigsmile

KeithD87's photo
Mon 07/29/13 09:40 AM
As a very wise man once said:

There really is nothing like a shorn scrotum. It's wuite breathtaking, I suggest you try it.

So yeah, I keep certain areas shaved and others trimmed. I do it more for me than anyone else at this point, though. It's not like anyone else is looking at it these days laugh

Oh, wait, I just made myself sad... frown

KeithD87's photo
Mon 07/29/13 09:36 AM
I was in a relationship for four and a half years, but I was in love with her six months before we started dating and remained in love with her for two more years after it ended. I still hold a special place in my heart for her, though, and always will.

KeithD87's photo
Sat 07/27/13 11:41 AM
I've got a show with my band tonight. I just hope it's half as epic as the one we did last night.

KeithD87's photo
Sat 07/27/13 11:38 AM
I feel like this all the time, especially when meeting girls. I always feel like they only notice my oddities/eccentricities or my shortcomings without actually giving the "real me" a chance. I'm fully aware that my personality can be a little odd at first if you don't know me, but that doesn't mean that I'm a complete weirdo. It gets a little disheartening when it keeps happening over and over, but there's just no way to change who and what I am.

KeithD87's photo
Wed 07/24/13 11:21 AM
If you feel like you're ready to date again, go for it. If you're not, then wait until you are.
I was in a relationship for almost five years, and when it ended it completely destroyed me, and it was almost another four years until I was even ready to entertain the idea of maybe trying to date again.
It's all up to you whether you want to date again or not.

KeithD87's photo
Wed 07/24/13 11:18 AM
Most of my friends are female, and all of my absolute best friends are females. And I have no problem with a girlfriend having her guy friends that she hangs out with as long as there's nothing going on behind my back. As important as the relationship should be, other friendships should be just as important. Besides, no one on earth has the right to tell their significant other who they are and are not allowed to spend time with.
One of my best friends just up and disappeared on me for almost six years because her boyfriend at the time wouldn't let her talk to anyone, especially other guys. One of my last girlfriends was incredibly jealous, possessive and paranoid, and she didn't like the fact that I had other female friends that I still continued to associate with (including married ones with kids who live across the country), and that was a big part of why I broke up with her.

You can be in a relationship and still have outside girl or guy friends, there's absolutely nothing wrong with it.

KeithD87's photo
Wed 07/24/13 11:09 AM

Only always. My last girlfriend broke up with me because she said that, among other personal issues she had to work out, she didn't feel like she was good enough for me, despite my protests to the contrary. I believed her, but part of me still believes she may have been trying to be nice to me knowing how fragile I am and was trying to avoid hurting me any more than she already knew she was.

You probably were too good for her and she has probably been looking for a real bad boy who could give her a mind blowing orgasm.

tongue2

She had only ever been with ******** because she knew how to deal with them and what was expected of both parties. I was the first nice guy she had ever been with, and she didn't quite know how to handle being treated with respect at first.
That being said, every orgasm I gave her was mind blowing. You don't just dump a guy and look for a better lay when he literally makes you pass out unconscious half the time or lose the ability to stand and properly enunciate for ten minutes.

Good for you ((Keith)) waita knock em out of the park!:smile:
unfortunately a woman's love is not measured though the abilitie a man makes her
eyeballs rolls in the back of her head, its just false hype (confidence) on our part.
I've learnt just because she gets it good at home, it still dosent mean anything.
it really just sets you up for a bigger fall.

the girlfriend sounds identical to my last girlfriend, right down to the Orgasms,
laying there in a ten minute trance like state, it was kinda cool, the best part was I
never got smothered directly afterwards, guys gota drop some body temperature
ASAP :wink: I certainty wouldn't contest that story.
(watching that is even more satisfying that you own orgasm)
I know its hard on the c*ck confidence, but we have to learn not to take it personally
as ones like that are just not avalible emotionally.
peace》《 out
pony

Yeah, our exes sound very similar in those regards. And I'm fully aware that sex had nothing to do with her leaving. It was a long list of personal reasons that I just had to accept and live with.

And despite what it may sound like, I'm not one of those guys who brags and calls himself a sex god. I just know how to please a woman and I just state the facts as they are. Besides, even the most talented bedroom artist has some embarrassing mishaps and experiences hiding in the closet underneath a pile of crusty towels laugh

Oh, and you're definitely right about giving a woman an earth shattering orgasm being better than your own.

KeithD87's photo
Tue 07/23/13 10:03 AM

Only always. My last girlfriend broke up with me because she said that, among other personal issues she had to work out, she didn't feel like she was good enough for me, despite my protests to the contrary. I believed her, but part of me still believes she may have been trying to be nice to me knowing how fragile I am and was trying to avoid hurting me any more than she already knew she was.

You probably were too good for her and she has probably been looking for a real bad boy who could give her a mind blowing orgasm.

tongue2

She had only ever been with ******** because she knew how to deal with them and what was expected of both parties. I was the first nice guy she had ever been with, and she didn't quite know how to handle being treated with respect at first.
That being said, every orgasm I gave her was mind blowing. You don't just dump a guy and look for a better lay when he literally makes you pass out unconscious half the time or lose the ability to stand and properly enunciate for ten minutes.

KeithD87's photo
Tue 07/23/13 09:51 AM
Of course a sexy picture is going to attract more attention, but it can also be incredibly misleading.
I prefer a girl's profile picture to be of the "real" her, and not super fancy or anything like that. If you want to have a sexy picture in your profile, by all means, go right ahead, but don't make it your main picture. Some guys might get the wrong idea about you and think you're an easy lay instead of a real lady.

KeithD87's photo
Tue 07/23/13 09:46 AM
Someone who doesn't read.

I'm serious. If a girl doesn't read and try to expand her mind, I'm not interested. I don't care if she's the most beautiful girl in the world and and in love with me; if she's got a brain like a sack of cottage cheese, I'm not interested.

KeithD87's photo
Tue 07/23/13 09:41 AM
Having a girlfriend who's more successful than me doesn't bother me in the least. If anything, I feel proud of her accomplishments. I've actually only had one girlfriend that I can recall who wasn't more successful than me...

Then again, I'm a musician, so pretty much *everyone* is bound to be more successful than me :P

KeithD87's photo
Mon 07/22/13 11:52 AM
I was in a relationship for almost five years with a girl who was half Hispanic and half Viet Namise. It was the happiest I've ever been in my life, and she's still one of the most beautiful girls I've ever laid eyes upon.

Personally, I love exotic/ethnic girls, and I'd love to be with another one if possible. But then again, beauty is beauty regardless of race.
Also, beggars can't be choosers :P

But no, there's absolutely nothing wrong with interracial dating in the least.

KeithD87's photo
Mon 07/22/13 11:46 AM
I have a question for any girls who feel so inclined to help me about sending that first message to someone online.

When I send a girl a message, I never immediately ask for a date because I'm under the assumption that that would freak them out. Instead, I introduce myself and ask her name if it's not specified on her profile and ask her about herself to try and engage her in a conversation about something she likes. What kind of music she likes, what she likes to do in her free time, etc... Or I'll mention or ask her about something that she talks about on her profile. If she has an interesting sounding job or interests or something, I'll ask her about it.

I almost never get a response back, and on the rare occasion that I do, it's always incredibly short and I never hear anything after that.

Am I doing something wrong, here? I can't tell if my messages are off putting or if it's something in my profile or if it's just as simple as me being unattractive. I'd love some help and input if anyone's willing to help me out. I would be greatly appreciative.

Previous 1 3