Community > Posts By > KeithD87

KeithD87's photo
Mon 07/22/13 11:33 AM
I have confidence issues, so talking to girls is very hard for me. It's better when I'm at a gig with my band because I'm in an environment where I'm doing something I'm good at and enjoy and I'm in my comfort zone, but it's still difficult for me. And save for two short term girlfriends that failed for various reasons (one of which was a girl I met on another dating site), I haven't been able to find anyone even remotely interested in me in five years. I thought I'd have better luck online, but I've been sadly mistaken so far. I'm trying to stay positive, though, but it's not easy. I guess I just have to keep trying.

KeithD87's photo
Mon 07/22/13 11:28 AM
I have two. Forgive me in advance if they're too long...

#1: I was walking around my old neighborhood with a friend many years ago, and we were walking away from the general direction of the local horse stables on our way back to my house. A cop car stops us and asks us if we'd been to the stables lately because we looked "suspicious". After answering no and asking why, he told us that two suspects had recently stabbed a bunch of horses to death. Needless to say, we were a little stunned.

#2: One night during the winter (again in my old neighborhood), I was walking home from the movie theater where I had gone with another friend. It was cold, so I was wearing my trench coat and top hat (I went through a heavy Goth phase before I realized how stupid I looked, so sue me). I'm walking through a four way stop and there's a cop car sitting on the opposite side of the street at the intersection facing me. Next thing I know, he guns it and tears *** at 140 miles an hour across the street and nearly runs me over. He jumps out of the car and points his gun at me and yells for me to get my hands in the air. Naturally I'm freaking out at this point.
He asks me if I'd been up on Pennet Cove that night, and I told him that I honestly didn't know because I didn't know the street he was talking about. My friend and I had been trespassing on the local cemetery a half hour ago, and I thought that might be what he was talking about, but I had no idea. Then he throws me on the hood of the car where my face proceeds to melt into the hot metal and tells me to slowly retrieve my ID card.
I hand it to him and he growls "you wait right there" and gets in his car. A few minutes later he gets out and tosses my card at me and begrudgingly tells me that I can go, so I tell him not until he tells me what the hell that was all about.
He then tells me that someone had been stabbed to death on the street in question and the suspect matched my description. I had no idea that, in a gated community populated entirely by soccer moms and jock families, there even *was* someone else there who looked anything even remotely like me. But that's not even the end...

I walk the last five minutes back to the house in complete shock, walk in the door and Ma immediately starts asking me what's wrong because I was even paler than usual. So I tell my parents what happened, and they were more than a little shocked. But then I found out later that my Pops had actually driven by towards the end of the whole ordeal and left me there thinking that if I told him what happened, everything would be cool, and if I didn't, he'd have words with me.
Needless to say he slept on the couch that night after he told Ma about it.

Being accused of two separate stabbings within the same year was just one reason on a long list of why I was so thrilled to move out of that hell of a neighborhood.

KeithD87's photo
Mon 07/22/13 11:10 AM
Only always. My last girlfriend broke up with me because she said that, among other personal issues she had to work out, she didn't feel like she was good enough for me, despite my protests to the contrary. I believed her, but part of me still believes she may have been trying to be nice to me knowing how fragile I am and was trying to avoid hurting me any more than she already knew she was.

KeithD87's photo
Mon 07/22/13 11:08 AM
Physically, in no particular order: Eyes, legs, hips, glasses are a big plus, a nice smile and a cute/beautiful face.

Personality: The ability to make me laugh, someone who can carry on an intelligent conversation, similar tastes in music, books and movies, a sweet and fun but not overly immature personality are usually the most important aspects.

KeithD87's photo
Fri 07/19/13 11:19 AM
Apparently I'm the only one around here who lives in this area whoa

KeithD87's photo
Fri 07/19/13 11:17 AM
I'm in Fredericksburg, but that's close enough :D How are you?

KeithD87's photo
Mon 07/15/13 08:47 AM
I'm in Frederickeburg, and I play a lot around here with my band.

KeithD87's photo
Wed 07/10/13 03:47 PM
Thanks, girls :)

I really didn't want to say too much in it because I didn't want to sound pretentious or anything like that. It also hopefully leaves plenty of room for anyone who may message me to ask a question and get a conversation going.

I haven't had any luck meeting or talking to anyone here yet, but I'm trying to stay positive.

KeithD87's photo
Mon 06/17/13 07:44 PM
Exactly, which is exactly why I made the comment I did. Apparently I picked the wrong instrument :P

KeithD87's photo
Mon 06/17/13 11:43 AM
I'm just curious if my profile is good enough in the eyes of potential dates. If there's anything wrong or that should be different, or if there's anything that would turn a potential match off from me, I'd love some feedback. Thanks :)

KeithD87's photo
Mon 06/17/13 08:54 AM
I'm a drummer... ****.

KeithD87's photo
Mon 06/17/13 08:50 AM
Ones I've heard but never used and will never use:

Was your father a meat thief? The reason I ask is because it looks like someone stole two fine hams and shoved them down the back of your jeans

Do you know how much a polar bear weighs?
Enough to break the ice. Hi, I'm (insert name here)

**** me if I'm wrong, but you're going to suck my dick, right?

Ones I've actually used against all better judgement:

Waitress- Can I get you anything else?
Me- Yes, three things; a diet coke, your name and your number

Just in case you ever forget your number, here's mine

Hi, I'm Keith, what's your name?

One I almost used last week:

You're so pretty you made me forget my pickup line!

KeithD87's photo
Mon 06/17/13 08:36 AM
I had two girlfriends before I actually found my first love. We were together for almost five years, and it was the happiest I've ever been. Losing her absolutely destroyed me, and it was almost four more years after that that I was able to finally think about dating again.
I still miss her every day, but I've learned to live with it. It's been a long and hard emotional recovery, though. I know that I'll always hold a special place in my heart for her, and I truly hope that she's happy with whatever she's doing with her life.

I've loved two women in my life so far, and I've lost them both, but I'm not going to let that get in the way of my happiness and well being, not like before.

KeithD87's photo
Mon 06/17/13 08:29 AM
My last date was with a girl I was in a relationship with, and it was a great date. We went to the movies and dinner and had a wonderful time... She broke up with me the next morning.

KeithD87's photo
Mon 06/17/13 08:26 AM
The way I look at it, beauty of the body is nothing without beauty of the mind. Yes, physical appearance is great, but that can fade over time, whereas intelligence generally doesn't. I don't care how beautiful a girl may be; if she can't stimulate my mind, then she can't stimulate anything else, either.

Seriously, how great a relationship can it be if the two of you have nothing to talk about?

KeithD87's photo
Mon 06/17/13 08:16 AM
Your partner talks about their ex and all the sex they had ALL THE TIME in graphic detail, including interrupting you in the middle of a sentence because something you said reminded them of one of their exploits, even though you've told them multiple times that you don't want to hear about it.

Severe possessiveness; always demanding to know where you are, what you're doing and why you didn't answer the phone five minutes ago

Jealousy; not being comfortable with you having friends of the opposite sex that you've known for years and have zero romantic feelings or sexual contact with

Possessiveness; never wanting you to talk to anyone while you two are out together, even to the point of glaring at you and the server you're talking to at a restaurant

The hardest thing to do with them is maintaining a conversation for more than a few minutes

I dealt with all of that in a single relationship... It didn't end well.

Insisting that they like you "just the way you are", but trying to change every single thing about you

Refusing to acknowledge that you're in a relationship to anyone else but you

I dealt with those in another relationship, too

KeithD87's photo
Fri 06/14/13 11:03 AM
I know exactly how you feel, man. I've been doing dating sites for a while, and it's just as hard to meet a girl online as it is in real life, if not harder.

KeithD87's photo
Fri 06/14/13 10:59 AM
Hi there :) I'm pretty new myself, as well. What were you looking for help with?

KeithD87's photo
Tue 06/04/13 11:45 AM
I'm a local musician who lives in Fredericksburg, and I'm looking for connections and people to hang out with. While I'm trying to find someone (female) I can be in a relationship with or at least casually date, I'm also just looking for friends who share common interests.

So if you like spending time in bookshops/vintage stores/coffee houses/record stores or enjoy live music or anything like that, feel free to message me smile2 I'm down for pretty much anything involving a good time.

I'm actually in the Downtown area every Tuesday night hosting an Open Mic with my band, if you're looking for something fun to do during the week... Just throwing that out there smile2

KeithD87's photo
Tue 06/04/13 11:26 AM
I was with an amazing girl for four and a half years who was half Vietnamese and half Hispanic. It took her parents a long time to warm up to me, but she was worth all the hassle.
Unfortunately it ended, and it destroyed me for years.

Last year I dated a girl who was Black, White, and Indian for a few months (First time I'd dated since the aforementioned girl)

I've been with a few white girls, too, but I've always had a major weakness for "exotic" girls. I'd love to find another one, if possible, but I'm open to anything. Beauty is beauty regardless of race.