Community > Posts By > quest2013

quest2013's photo
Sat 07/20/13 07:03 PM
Unstable emotionally (Ex: After 7 months telling me she's not ready for a relationship and 3 months after proposing to me.)
Alcohol abuse
Money is main focus
Conditional ("I'll marry you when you get your master's".)
Snobbish ("There are no decent restaurants in San Jose. All the best ones are in L.A." This twice in 10 minutes).
Abusive to others (servers, etc.)

quest2013's photo
Sat 07/20/13 06:50 PM
I had a serious relationship that required me to drive 50 miles to San Francisco, go over the Golden Gate Bridge, then drive another 20 or so miles to get to her house. I was happy to do it.

quest2013's photo
Sat 07/20/13 06:46 PM
Thank you, ladies.

soufie, I used to live less than a 1/4 mile from where the Festival is held. The locals know either to leave town early that weekend, or stock up on necessities and finish errands so they don't need to brave traffic or the large number of pedestrians.

quest2013's photo
Sat 07/20/13 06:42 PM

I'm looking for a woman who is sexy, fun outgoing loves to just hangout! And is financially secure email me
what will you bring to the Table?laugh

Indeedy :-)

His video games perhaps?

What is the term the young uns use? "Sick burn"?

Seriously, though, methinks the lad was dared to post here.

quest2013's photo
Sat 07/20/13 06:39 PM

I really enjoy the mature nature of them. Just wish I didn't get thrown into the category of inexperienced. I understand, it is just unfortunate.

If you want an older woman, you're gonna need to look like you can handle one. And fitted hoodies and converses don't say that. Lol

Agreed. I dated "cougars" when the term referred only to a large feline living in forests and deserts. Coat and tie back then at a singles' group function. Had a very fulfilling relationship. When it ended, it was right for both of us.

quest2013's photo
Sat 07/20/13 06:34 PM
First message I received was from Cebu City, in the P.I.

And it's frustrating to receive "nudges" from people who are geographically unavailable for contact other than email. It's nice and good for the ego, but I'd like to connect with a real woman that I can interact with in person, instead of virtually.

quest2013's photo
Sat 07/20/13 06:30 PM
Edited by quest2013 on Sat 07/20/13 06:32 PM
My job involves dealing with online bank fraud, and I can tell you that wanting to immediately leave the environment where you've "met" the person is a huge red flag.

2KidsMom is so right. You might find a link that could install malware on your computer, or have unpleasant pictures sent to you.

quest2013's photo
Sat 07/20/13 06:25 PM
Intelligence (education doesn't equal intelligence), humor.

Kissing.

quest2013's photo
Sat 07/20/13 06:22 PM
Anticipating.

quest2013's photo
Sat 07/20/13 06:21 PM
I say men do respond to a "sexy" picture, but I also think that could create unrealistic expectations.

On other websites that shall be nameless, that horrible "bathroom selfie" did attract attention, with some women actually "favoriting" it (go figure).

quest2013's photo
Sat 07/20/13 06:18 PM
Hello to all. I'm from Gilroy, CA "The Garlic Capital of The World", at least it used to be, but it is the home of the "Gilroy Garlic Festival" which will be next week.

I'd enjoy making some new friends, and hopefully connecting with someone nice here.

quest2013's photo
Sat 07/20/13 11:31 AM
I like TV theme songs, and know the lyrics to many of them.

quest2013's photo
Sat 07/20/13 11:20 AM
Edited by quest2013 on Sat 07/20/13 11:22 AM
Absolutely. I've got about 15 lbs to lose, so I'm not one to start being snobbish about weight.

A woman I was completely in love with when I was in my 20s had about 30 lbs to lose by her estimation. She was fun, a calming presence in my life, and an exciting, giving lover. She was also 20 years older than me, and a mentor of sorts as well as a partner. I gave no thought as to her weight whatsoever.

quest2013's photo
Sat 07/20/13 11:15 AM
I've been told I have a very nice voice (once got a job interview on that alone).

I love a Southern drawl, and the "accents" of the UK. Hearing an Aussie woman speak makes me weak, lol.

quest2013's photo
Sat 07/20/13 11:09 AM
I have. Out of practicality (very late night, long drive ahead of me, and she wouldn't hear of my driving so far so late). We did develop a very nice relationship that lasted for 6 months.

quest2013's photo
Sat 07/20/13 11:05 AM
Looking for one good fit has taken priority over getting several pairs.

quest2013's photo
Sat 07/20/13 11:00 AM

Yes the act and the personal connection.

So true. If there is no connection, it's just like scratching an itch.

quest2013's photo
Sat 07/20/13 10:54 AM

I get told I look young for my age... I don't know. Some days I see it, and some days I don't.

I don't feel my age... most of the time. tongue2

I don't ACT my age... :laughing:

Meh. It's a number. Who cares? winking

I concur wholeheartedly.

quest2013's photo
Sat 07/20/13 10:34 AM
Edited by quest2013 on Sat 07/20/13 10:38 AM
Hi, new to Mingle, "veteran" of other sites, with mixed results.

One woman I met on a site told me she uses a cane. So? She said some guys were put off by it when they saw it. But wait, there's more. She is a very bright, funny woman, and we have a lot of compatible interests (and we were both attracted to each other), and I really thought we had hit it off (lots of email, phone conversations), and then it turns out that her politics and mine were at opposite poles. Additionally, she was the victim of sexual assault many years ago, and never received or sought out assistance in dealing with the crime nor with the emotional damage. As a result, I felt I was dealing with 2 different women, one very forward about sex, the other very damaged. On our first and only date, she said she "really, really liked me," but my religious beliefs weren't compatible with hers. I was left not sure what I should have felt. I didn't feel anger over having driven nearly 2 hours to meet her and have her have lunch with me, see a movie (and hold my hand) and then go into a political diatribe and talk about everything that was wrong with my belief system. I felt bewildered, and sad for her. I only wish she had been more honest with me at the beginning about our political and religious values, even though I really don't factor those in seeking a relationship, at least not on the first date.

I don't lie about my age, height, work, etc. That's juvenile. The pics are current. Why lie about your appearance, when it will be seen on the first meeting, and why lie about things that can be easily verified with a Google search? I did one on my own, and found information that was dead on accurate. A certain website with the initials "LI" can tell you immediately of a person's current job.