Community > Posts By > Vergi

Vergi's photo
Sun 09/04/22 04:34 PM
It's very early days still, but... I'm going to be a first-time grandmum!!

My daughter is 5 weeks pregnant, and beginning to show due to hormonal changes in the body.
Everyone is over the moon happy, although I admit it is still a strange thought, hihi.
Here's me on dating sites, hoping to find partner, and there's me becoming a grandmum. Seems a bit of a contradiction, but I suppose something that happens to many of us these days.
Overall there's joy! And the prospect of holding my own grandchild, my blood, my daughter's child, wow!

My daughter and son in law have already gotten the furniture and pram in. And yesterday she bought 2 pacifiers.
They want to know the gender, but we'll have to wait a bit longer for that.

Funny thing is, I knew before she'd told me, before she was late even.
I suspected it as they were on holiday and then you're relaxed, which helps. (and clearly it did, haha).
Then I was taking the few parts of my own babybed out of the garage the other day, thinking I have space now upstairs. So as I was cleaning them first, it went through my mind that maybe, soonish, the bed would be in my front room with my grandchild. And that I'd have to buy a new mattress for it.
Then I pushed the thought away. But it was there.

A few days later I was told she was late.
Intuition is the darndest thing!

So there it is. I'm going to be a grandmum!! Somewhere April, likely a Taurus, like me and my girl although we both are May Taurus.

She thinks a girl, but the thought 'boy' creeps into my mind all the time... Wait and see!

Congratulations 🥳:hugging:

Vergi's photo
Sun 09/04/22 04:33 PM

Hope everyone who celebrates Labor Day Weekend is having a safe and fun weekend! ❤ :wave:

Thank you. Back at you!

Vergi's photo
Sun 08/14/22 10:00 PM
:smirk:

Vergi's photo
Sun 08/14/22 09:57 PM
I have a cat, his name is "Casper" the friendly ghost

Vergi's photo
Sun 08/14/22 09:41 PM
For me a man has to be intelligent, down to earth, honest, loyal, have a job, not be controlling, not a narcissist,not abusive or jealous. Just a good human being that's willing to give me his time, close to his family, love animals and can tolerate my family.

I can make my own money, buy my own stuff.

:thumbsup::hugging:

Vergi's photo
Sun 08/14/22 09:41 PM
For me a man has to be intelligent, down to earth, honest, loyal, have a job, not be controlling, not a narcissist,not abusive or jealous. Just a good human being that's willing to give me his time, close to his family, love animals and can tolerate my family.

I can make my own money, buy my own stuff.

Vergi's photo
Sun 08/14/22 09:11 PM
My smile, I guess

Vergi's photo
Sun 08/14/22 12:35 PM
age doesnt matter to me at all.

I am 100% about attitude. which means great personality, and clean speaking mouth, not polluted by this world, slightly old fashioned. but age, race, size isnt important to me.

however my expectations are almost unrealistic so I will probably be alone for a long time, but I will not socialize with women that like to speak appropriately as normal talk.

I do get what you mean. In a way it's flattering that younger guys like me, but often they start talking about things I'm not comfortable with, when we don't even know each other. Maybe I am out of this world, but I'm not accustomed to this way of communicating.

Vergi's photo
Sun 08/14/22 12:29 PM
I can give my experience as an older guy. I get 90% likes from 30 years old and I am looking for someone closer to my age.
Age difference matters to some people. It matters to me. I don't date more than five years older, or more than maybe fifteen years younger. For me, part of compatibility is about being at the same stage in life. Our kids are grown, we are settled into our careers or retired, we understand the same pop culture references from when we were in high school, etc. I'm at a point in my life where I would not want to date someone who still had kids living at home. That's my personal preference. For many other people age is not a factor in dating.

As an older woman I would have liked to have someone a little closer to my age, but unfortunately most are already established and done with having kids around. Unfortunately life doesn't always goes the way you planned, being a widow with 2 grandchildren having to live with me, doesn't make things easier. Responses I get on my profile are mostly younger guys and I often wonder if they even read my profile information.

Vergi's photo
Sun 08/14/22 12:13 PM
Biking, sitting at the waterfront and being with my friends

Vergi's photo
Sun 08/14/22 12:11 PM
That would eliminate over 50 percent of the people here,They do it mostly for the attention... simply ignore them if possible.

Vergi's photo
Fri 08/12/22 12:52 PM
Enjoy your weekend everyone. Here in Alberta we stil have a heatwave, not enjoying it. Wine, wine 🏜:wink:🤣🤣🤣

Vergi's photo
Fri 08/12/22 12:48 PM
I'm just trying things out lol. Hello anyways :wave:

Good luck.

Vergi's photo
Mon 08/08/22 09:38 PM
Wow, I wish the person you'll date all the best:smirk:

:joy::joy::joy:

Vergi's photo
Mon 08/08/22 09:37 PM
1. Never try to impress her, or you'll feel like you always have to.
2. Don't waste your money on them.
3. Don't buy her steak when she's used to hamburger's.
4. Always be yourself.
5. If she's not impressed with your presence, drop her.
6. Stick to your principles, never settle.
7. Don't ever invite a woman to what you enjoy, she'll spoil it on purpose.

Just a few quotes from Sir.... there's plenty more ! :nerd:

Wow, I wish the person you'll date all the best:smirk:

Vergi's photo
Fri 08/05/22 05:18 PM
If you're date asks you how she looks tell her you've seen better. If you start off telling her she looks amazing you have nowhere to go. So start the bar low and then gradually build her up, you look ok, not too bad, and so on. She'll make more and more of an effort to impress you each time. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

I know it was sarcasm, but I took the bait anyway:wink::joy:

Vergi's photo
Fri 08/05/22 05:14 PM
If you're date asks you how she looks tell her you've seen better. If you start off telling her she looks amazing you have nowhere to go. So start the bar low and then gradually build her up, you look ok, not too bad, and so on. She'll make more and more of an effort to impress you each time. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Really, I would dump you on the spot :joy:

Vergi's photo
Fri 08/05/22 05:06 PM
I've been widowed for 14 years and 4 years ago I met someone we dated and eventually she left me for another man. Although its heartbroken I tried to move on. How was yours? lets talk

Sorry, that happened to you. I really hope things will change for the better. I'm dojng fine. Realized that I should focus on today, and see what tomorrow brings. One step at a time.

Vergi's photo
Fri 08/05/22 05:02 PM
No its not Normal for most people.

When you meet inperson and spend quality time together, then you know if its love.

How can a person marry if they never met!

I totally agree with you.

Vergi's photo
Fri 08/05/22 05:00 PM
Errm... but that makes me think of Hannibal Lecter... :expressionless:

Isn't that the truth :joy:

Previous 1 3 4