Community > Posts By > simpltim

simpltim's photo
Sun 05/24/15 08:40 AM
now gay marriage too... them irish know a thing or two... just saying

simpltim's photo
Sun 05/24/15 08:27 AM

I always thought the best people to be friends with are the ones that will challenge you when they feel it's needed, support you when you need it, and not be offended when you do the same. Someone honest and not needy. Hmmm come to think of it that is what would make a good girlfriend as well. :)

yeah they are nice, just hard to come by:)

simpltim's photo
Sun 05/24/15 08:03 AM

I personally like Emily Dickinson. smokin

im dont read alot of poetry... that really isnt the point of the question. I like lines. dont go gently into that good nite, u will barely know who I am or what I mean, once more into the breach... but I could read frost or poe all day

simpltim's photo
Sun 05/24/15 07:54 AM
ahhh... thats better:) see now was that so hard...

simpltim's photo
Thu 05/21/15 06:55 PM

Wouldn't great be subjective too? A poet that you might think is great might not be great to me

im talking cannonized people...

simpltim's photo
Thu 05/21/15 06:48 PM

So the mark of a profound and intelligent person is if he/she writes poetry?

no if you had read the thread.... i've already stated that intelligence is subjective and cant even be defined.

No I'm not reading every post. I went by the OP. That suggested exactly what I asked

Hey you posted it

no, but all great poets are intelligent and profound... agreed?

simpltim's photo
Thu 05/21/15 06:24 PM

As a retired mod here....I know their dirty little secrets pitchfork

Hehehehe

ooooh... do tell:)

simpltim's photo
Thu 05/21/15 05:34 PM

sometimes ?

i all most never see a thank you from the people asking for help
i have added a few thanks even though i wasn't the one asking for help
and yes i agree my hats off to the many that keep this sight going
from the addmins to the mod's to the payers of the bills

you have helped out a lot more people then you will ever know

wow im new on this part of the site. i didnt think I'd get alot of response to this... but only one... that's slack as hell...

simpltim's photo
Thu 05/21/15 05:31 PM

simpltim asked >>>
What is more important in a friend, one who coddles you and tells u everything will be fine or one that challenges and pushes you at every turn?

dont fear anything...

simpltim's photo
Thu 05/21/15 05:25 PM

So the mark of a profound and intelligent person is if he/she writes poetry?

no if you had read the thread.... i've already stated that intelligence is subjective and cant even be defined.

simpltim's photo
Thu 05/21/15 05:22 PM

If women are so intelligent and profound, why are all the great poets men?

List Of Female Poets
Link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_female_poets
Eleanor Hallowell Abbott (1872–1958), American poet, novelist and short story writer
Kathy Acker (1947–1997), American experimental novelist, punk poet, playwright, essayist, postmodernist and sex-positive feminist writer
Léonie Adams (1899–1988), American poet, seventh United States Poet Laureate
Fleur Adcock (born 1934), poet and an editor of English and Northern Irish ancestry; lived much of her life in England
Kim Addonizio (born 1954), American poet, novelist
Kelli Russell Agodon (born 1969), American poet
Delmira Agustini (1886–1914), Uruguayan poet
Akazome Emon (956–1041), Japanese poet and historian
Rachel Akerman (1522–1544), Austrian Jewish poet writing in German
Bella Akhmadulina (1937–2010), Soviet and Russian poet, short story writer, and translator
Anna Akhmatova (1889–1966), Russian and Soviet modernist poet
Anne-Marie Albiach (born 1937), French poet and translator
Jordie Albiston (born 1961), Australian poet and academic
Louisa May Alcott (1832–1888), American novelist, playwright and poet
Claribel Alegría (born 1924), Nicaraguan poet, essayist, novelist, and journalist
Elizabeth Alexander (born 1962), American poet, essayist, playwright and academic
Ellen Palmer Allerton (1835-1893), American poet
*ECT. + ECT...*

Speaking[Writing] before you think is like wiping yourself before you've had a bowel movement... Present the research that supports your statement[s] or keep quiet. Thank you.

looks like reasearch to me... the greats role off the tip of our tounges without a thought.

simpltim's photo
Thu 05/21/15 05:19 PM

obviously this was a generalized question only meant to invoke intelligent response... and i guess id better say intelligence is subgective, cant even be defined. i think we all know women had it rough and not all the greats were men, it doesnt need to be pointed out a million times...thanks all

This thread sounded like a good idea at the time, didn't it Tim?,

I mean come on a dating site and basically state " you gals don't know s**t about poetry.

Intelligence aside..... not very smart

haha this isnt a dating site... its an open forum... the dating site is on the other side of the fence:)

simpltim's photo
Mon 05/18/15 08:02 PM
We should all be able to agree this a most excellent question, find commonality... find a friend:)

simpltim's photo
Mon 05/18/15 04:22 PM
To the sometimes under appreciated people who keep our site as nice as it is, Thanks:)

simpltim's photo
Sat 05/16/15 04:36 AM
What is more important in a friend, one who coddles you and tells u everything will be fine or one that challenges and pushes you at every turn?

simpltim's photo
Sat 05/16/15 04:15 AM

"death" that we know it first hand here on this world should be celebrated in hopes the person went to Heaven. Why mourn at a funeral? Are they feeling anymore pain of anything? No, they are at peace, they have finished the journey. You'll catch up with them one day in the paradise one day hopefully :)

exactly.... if you a person inclined to believe that, why mourn? but what makes such a select group understand this and so many others just not get it?

simpltim's photo
Fri 05/15/15 07:31 PM
I don't know that this is a religious question, in fact i have inside info it has nothing to do with the matter, but why do you suppose the Irish celebrate death rather than mourn it unlike most others in the world?

simpltim's photo
Fri 05/15/15 05:40 PM

Its biology... younger women are prone to enjoy cuddling and intimacy as do aging men, while mature women are more prone to raw sex and r as likely to be attracted to the vigor of a younger man(though maybe less likely to act it seems)
------------------

and if u know anything at all... it has nothing to do with age, its all about pheromones...

Hmmm...interesting......

So pheromones of older men and younger women make them want to cuddle...as opposed to pheromones of older women and younger men...which makes them want to tear each others clothes off...interesting....

no thats not what i mean... they are the cause of attraction

You might want to qualify what you are writing, as your train of thought went from correlating age and gender with sexual preference to pheromones causing attraction and not age....contradicting yourself might not be the best direction to take this into...

simpltim's photo
Fri 05/15/15 05:07 PM

I never mentioned paddy the tarmac diggerohwell

omg i needed a laugh like that so much... i cant stop

simpltim's photo
Fri 05/15/15 04:10 PM

Her: "Baby you made me have multiple orgasms for the first time ever....I need you...always....now do it again". bigsmile laugh

You sure she didn't say multiple ORGANISMS - chlamydia, gonorrhea, and syphilis? :laughing:

hahaha im starting to like u... hahaha

Shucks, Tim, that's like the sweetest thing blushing

But I dig chicks (and women)! :laughing:

hmmmm maybe a dress, but i draw the line at high heels:-) hehehe