Community > Posts By > DonnyRover

DonnyRover's photo
Mon 04/13/15 04:12 AM
Under the Board walk - Take your pick on your favourite version!

DonnyRover's photo
Sat 04/11/15 04:06 AM
I have already said who i fancied on another sports thread. Spieth, Rose, Casey and Els.After two rounds its Spieth's to lose. Too much pressure on Mclroy i'm afraid but plenty of time to win many more majors.

DonnyRover's photo
Sat 04/11/15 04:03 AM
Like I said before the Aussies were miles better than anyone else. No one to touch em, we couldn't even qualify, at least the S**T has hit the fan and changes are happening. BY the way Richie Benaud RIP. An absolute legend, will never forget his commentary for Botham's Ashes summer 1981

DonnyRover's photo
Sat 04/11/15 03:58 AM

so far MESSI is leading in terms of number of votes here. I wanna find out who is d best sportsperson....

Ok if I had only one choice and and that's it, it would have to be Mohamed Ali. I do like the others i have mentioned previously but Ali was and will always be the greatest for me!

DonnyRover's photo
Sat 04/11/15 03:53 AM
The Air conditioning in my local library!

DonnyRover's photo
Sat 04/11/15 03:52 AM
Jobs for a cowboy, Battlecross, Black Dahlia Murders, Motionless in white, these are bands I've never heard off seen a CD in HMV and thought, this looks interesting and bought them. So far my instincts have been right!

DonnyRover's photo
Thu 04/09/15 02:49 AM

Slightly off topic but the Masters starts tomorrow.
Are you having a bet Donny.

I think Rory will win it. 20 on him and a tenner each way on Jason Day.

Grand National tenner each way on both Across the bay and tranquil Sea.

Am I having a bet on the masters? Is the Pope a catholic?
Yep Iv'e had a few each way bets on the masters. Main contenders are Speith and Maclroy (Left him alone though too short a price). Good outsiders are Rose, Jimmy Walker and I always back Ernie Els.
Not studied national yet, will back AP's and Ruby Walsh's mounts and one outsider for good measure. Working whilst its on though hoping to coax our service users into watching it, they are all excited cos Britain's got talent starts again on Saturday (ZZzzzzzzz,lol)

DonnyRover's photo
Thu 04/09/15 02:40 AM

Yep Tiger was talented and Messi is by far the best footballer I have seen in my lifetime.I also love cricket and Sir Ian Botham was one of the best all rounders ever and Ruby Walsh and AP McCoy are brilliant National Hunt jockeys. The hammer they take is unbelievable but they are as tough as old boots and just get on with it though McCoy is retiring at the end of this season with 20 consecutive jump jockey championships to his name!

How could I forget AP. That man is made of steel.

Your not wrong, jump jockeys are made not born lol!

DonnyRover's photo
Thu 04/09/15 02:37 AM

in through the out the out door

Love the lyrics from Hot dog
"and if ever find that girl I know one things for sure
I'm going to give her something like she's never had before"

DonnyRover's photo
Thu 04/09/15 02:33 AM

commercially produced? xtc

XTC One of my all time favourite bands. What about Half man Half biscuit and Jobs for a Cowboy

DonnyRover's photo
Thu 04/09/15 02:31 AM

I am not really a fan of this song...but it fits the brief....:smile: happy
Pharrell Williams - Happy

I am not a fan of this song either, it got played far too much and is just the usual modern day fodder!

DonnyRover's photo
Wed 04/08/15 04:11 AM

Smokie. White lion. Dire Straits

Smokie, that's a blast from the past. My sister loved em, living next door to Alice and all that. Twisted sister remind me of some good times but Wings of a Dove by Madness reminds me of a crazy weekend me and my mate had with two lasses from Hull in Scarboro in the early 80's. Me and one of the lasses re-enacted some of the China Girl video by Bowie on the beach. Good times as Chic might say!!
:smile:

DonnyRover's photo
Wed 04/08/15 04:04 AM
Yep Donny blew the play-offs. Looks like the premiership is Chelsea's to lose though Arsenal have found form at last. Could be a good bet for next season me thinks. Ozil is awesomewhen not injured.

DonnyRover's photo
Wed 04/08/15 04:00 AM
Its like any thing in life, you either let things get to you, or you get on with it. I take my hat off to any para sports men or women,theY show a lot of abled bodied people the way to go!

DonnyRover's photo
Wed 04/08/15 03:54 AM

Lol, India became silent after losing the semi-final. Beforehand all I heard from them constantly was:
"We're keeping the cup"
"It's ours again"
"India are true champions"

How does the old proverb go? "Pride comes before a fall". :p

That is my point, they are only bothered when they are winning, they don't clap the opposition and are not interested in test cricket. I do like the IPL but its just a twenty over thrash, skill goes out of the window, apart from Chris Gayle and Brendan Mcullum who are different class in the 20 over slog fest!

DonnyRover's photo
Wed 04/08/15 03:50 AM

my fav. cricket player - sachin tendulkar

Well he did play for Yorkshire for a season so that makes him OK by me, lol!

DonnyRover's photo
Wed 04/08/15 03:46 AM

steve howe from yes is the best

Don't know much about him but I do know that he played the Spanish guitar bit on Innuendo single by Queen!

DonnyRover's photo
Wed 04/08/15 03:44 AM

I heard that on Radio 2 last week, great track, D'yer maker is one of my faves although Hot dog off In through the out door is one of my guilty pleasures, mainly because of the lyrics. Robert Plants latest opus is very good!

DonnyRover's photo
Tue 04/07/15 04:45 AM

Eric Clapton did shoot the Deputy?

He'd get away with it, OJ, Michael Jackson ETC!

DonnyRover's photo
Tue 04/07/15 04:42 AM
Parisenne walkways - Gary Moore (with Phil Lynnot)

1 2 8 9 10 12 14 15 16 24 25