Community > Posts By > Amoscarine

Amoscarine's photo
Mon 07/14/14 03:25 PM
Marty, In gr, time is solved for when mass is given in the metric. Since time is not variable (it dilates, but is casual) it might as well not exist. Look up the block universe. He also said in late age to the wife of a good friend that just died that he would soon die like her husband just did, but wasn't worried about it because being a physicist, he knew that time was just a stubbornly persistent illusion. So he was joking, but at the same time, in gr, since time is determined by how mass bends spacetime by his field equations, time might as well not exist. It is just an idle ticking or number.

Splended, how many people have had sex with their cousins? My cousins are pretty and active... It is a personal matter anyway.

Gr plays out quite well experimentally http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tests_of_general_relativity

Spiderman, Whoa boy! First of, Einstein wasn't so hot on his math. He avoided the tough math classes in his college years and had to have michael grossman help him with the math of gr. Secondly, his second wife, elsa, already had two fairly old kids like maybe 10-20 years old and was not underage. Read a biography or something. BUt i agree, ethics aren't his strong point. Speaking for myself, ethics are only necessary when a person is not loving d caring. If you are loving, no laws are needed for conduct. Only when a person is underdeveloped as a balanced entity is there need for morality. And about the cooking, maybe she did, but she also liked the candies that one lady brought to Einstein when they would go sailing. She was an adult. As her kids told her, if you don't want to be with a man that is not monogamous (and einstein did say that monogamous was unnatural when he got in trouble when some clothes were found in his sailship that his friends bought for his recreation) then she should leave him. She decided to stay for some reason... Tough to say without meeting the guy how he was... You are simply behind the times if you think strict logic is the standard in modern science. Fuzzy logic is being made. You don't really know how anybody feels or thinks. Religion is dying anyway. It is on the way out. I think this is good. I don't know why you are so bent on making Einstein out negatively based on extramarital sexual relationships? What's it matter? Einstein was not corrupt, even of he doesn't fit into your idea of person who has ethos enough to think a certain way on a matter box. He was in the U.N. when it was first going. There was a discussion about where to locate a building for discussions in the united nations, a headquarters. Someone said in France. Okay, but then the leader of it was to be a Frenchman. Einstein had nothing against France, but this was circumspect. He said that if an alien or martian was to look at the situation, it would be clear that a more appropriate appointment could be made. I sometimes used to wonder if Einstein would like me, and idk, i don't have an idea. I don't think he'd agree with your points at all though.

Seak, "Judgments abound in this forum, no fighting, are we here to judge a man that has already answered his death call and paid his dues." Einstein said he always he regarded his life as a loan he had to repay (with death). :) Every Single atom must go back.

Smiles, While Einstein did often read the bible, he said that he knew myth when he saw one because so much in the scientific community is fabricated. He said that one thing which really pissed him off was people who said he was an atheist. THis he was not. And he was in Belgium hanging out before he went to America. There was an attempted assassination of him there even. He had guards... He would later play violin with the queen there. The liked Mozart.

Why is this like a bible reading club now?

Krimsa, Like smiles said, he was born into a jewish family. He did more than his parents until the age of twelve. He would skip to school singing hymns he made. Then, he say the scientific fallacies in scripture stories and parables, and got turned off and thought everyone in authority was just spoonfeeding him lies from the tablecloth. A good attitude for a scientist-he would find out himself. That was a characteristic of Einstein, that everything he did, he would do for himself and often by himself, unless he needed an assistant for maths, which happened a lot, really. But most professors have assistants. But in his 30's or 40's Einstein revisited his jewish heritage. He said that the jewish tie was the strongest tie he had to people and humans socially. Read his autobiography and The Quotable Einstein.

Just for the record, Krishna said the only sin was hesitation. It is not being involved with life fully. And relativity does go to his famous equation, but it was in two papers. He wrote 4 or 5 papers in 1905, his miracle year. Each was good enough for high level journals, but three are considered as shift points for science. His photoelectric effect paper that lead to his nobel prize, and also is responsible for motion sensing for automatic doors or the motion stoppers on the grocery conveyor belt. People took his theory and applied it. Relativity, special cases, changed ideas of time and unified electromagnetism of lorents with kinematics, so lightspeed was made compatible with the movement of bodies. The e=mc^2 equation was an after thought of relativity.

Lonely walker, Einstein once said to his wife that the five senses were quite limiting and one must get beyond these... In those days he was teaching some classes and was in contact with students. You are quite right from what i know about him and his distrust of the senses. Also, in his book Evolution of Physics, co written, it was mentioned that appearances are misleading and many scientific results are counter intuitive, quite like his time dilation effects. Who would just guess that a clock sent on a fighter jet around the world would register slower than the grounded one, after all. Some people might guess or know, but not the common face value interpretation.

Joe, Thanks for sharing. THis helps because you know some mental illness it seems, and that is vital experience. I think if Einstein thought he was getting ill, he would have talked about it like he does his hardening veins and bad smoking habits and his weight and whatnot.

B-budha, he had echolalia when he was older, repeating phrases a few times sometimes, and he once forgot his address and had to call princeton for it when he was out walking to get home to mercer street again. He asked for the professor Einstein's address, and he was told they couldn't give it out because too many people wanted to visit the man, then he said, don't tell anybody, but i am the professor Einstein. So maybe his brain was getting clogged up or something, idk.

And now the op,
"That long haired, can't dress himself, reclusive from time to time had to have been crazy. Why else would he have wasted his TIME doing things that helped proved that TIME itself is a myth. Don't even ask me to prove this, as I will not waste my TIME doing so!smokin"

Baggy clothes are nice, they remind you that you are not what you wear. And his hair? He once was told by a visiting friend that many people thought he was sloppy and doing it on purpose for attention. He just said that these things were so superficial to make an opinion of a person on. He said that he didn't need to go to a barber for a long time if his hair was longer.
I don't think there is anything in his own words that point to craziness. He doesn't talk about staying up late and feeling or seeing things, hearing things that other people don't. He talked about his feelings and his emotions, he communicated even if what he said wasn't morally cut out or whatever. He doesn't indicate anything about mental illness in his vast correspondence with friends and confidentials. It would have been hidden so well if he was mad. The secret about his kid out of marriage got out, after all. And he wasn't all about time being an illusion. It was just an outcome of his general relativity, it was an observation after the theory was complete. I think people just like to talk about Einstein because if Einstein was crazy, they can go crazy and be alright. This great man did, so why not me? People do that with anything. I think that is why people dig into the personal lives of greater people. They had this vice, so too can i. Or he did this and it was wrong, so i must condemn him and all other parts of him to uphold my beliefs. The thing is, he was a person, flawed, but not tainted with malice or bad intent, or every trying to be deceptive. He spent his famous life years fighting off myths that surrounded him where ever he went. He would still do this if he was around. I think he was intellectually enlightened, but not experientially. But crazy, really crazy, no. He just pushed science ahead a few decades and put his own twist on that. Personally, he lived as a human, with all that entails.

Amoscarine's photo
Mon 07/14/14 02:04 PM

Personally I think he was more sane then most.

Here are some very sane quotes of his.

"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence."

"A man's ethical behavior should be based effectually on sympathy, education, and social ties; no religious basis is necessary. Man would indeed be in a poor way if he had to be restrained by fear of punishment and hope of reward after death."

"Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts."

This is another of his quotes that I keep posted nearby; Makes me think...

"The definition of insanity is
repeating the same action over and over and expecting
different results."

I would say, based on this quote, that each of us in this forum fits the definition of insane.

Everyone that has a routine :)

Amoscarine's photo
Mon 07/14/14 12:39 PM
Edited by Amoscarine on Mon 07/14/14 12:40 PM
alot of brussel sprouts. Then blended spinach and kale with two apples. Added a little salt and some olive oil and a tad of vinegar. poured into a large bowl and broke up some crackers over top. Has an all together weird bite. Blending brussel sprouts was a terrible ideaill
But i'll make it, i'll pull through slaphead

Amoscarine's photo
Sun 07/13/14 09:27 AM
The full moon in July is very significant. 15 000 years ago, Adiyogi, the first yogi, first taught on this day. It was when the first guru lived and was made, not because he wanted to be one, but because the longing for his devotees that he teach, from this he was compelled.

Read up on it ia bit. A short article http://blog.ishafoundation.org/sadhguru/spot/guru-pournami-the-first-guru/

Amoscarine's photo
Sun 07/13/14 09:21 AM

Dude I partied with one of those fish people years ago at a Dead show. Brother was crazy. Drank like a........well you know.....smokin

Fish don't drink, stop saying this nonsense!

Amoscarine's photo
Sun 07/13/14 09:18 AM
SOme well established people in themselves are powerful enough that their very thoughts bend reality and that is like dreaming.Everyone does this a little.

Amoscarine's photo
Sun 07/13/14 09:14 AM

with all these crackpot know it alls monkeys and apes may have evolved from man.
The truth is, know one knows,

What do you really know about what other people know? Just be because you are ignorant of a topic doesn't mean everyone else is.

The wonderful thing about science is that the process is largely transparent. If you have the integrity to base your beliefs on solid reasoning and evidence, you too can learn all about the validity of the theory of evolution.

I thought science started out without not believing anything, and setting out to find out for oneself with verifiable means?

By quoting my comment before making yours, you imply that your question is related to my comment.

Are you simply saying that one should not assume the answer, as creationists do, when you start an inquire? I would agree. But that doesn't mean that all possibly conclusions are consistent with an honest approach.

So go ahead, and start with an open mind and investigate. If you do so honestly, you will find that humans did, indeed, descend from non-human primates.

yo man, i just got hooked up on your inclusion of beliefs, like science is just a way to justify and find beliefs. I am in agreement about the open searching and an open mind. I don't think that science should be used or coerced into a support for some belief. I agree with evolution because it follows from reason. I am saying nothing about answers and conclusions. I am convinced that there are no answers and conclusions are premature. Answers are not satisfying when it comes to reason and science, there is always another, deeper missing part. I'm not even sure that science should try to fill in those why questions that remain even when function or how is relieved. They are the questions that are at the pit of my heart, though.

As far as evolution goes, maybe it is not exactly right or in the right form, but the basic idea of organism changing their dna and behaviors in different environments seems solid.Evolution makes sense. Of evolution theory and creationism, I pick the lesser of two evils by this standard.

Amoscarine's photo
Sun 07/13/14 08:38 AM

Another bowl of cherries...love

loving it. I used to take cherries on canoeing outings. They give a boost.

THis morning i had a crappy tortilla stuffed with some fatty stuff.... dumb,
But i made now a blended of three kale leaves, 1 'nana and a fairly large, like baseball size, tomato, 2 raw eggs and 2 stalks of celery.
I put it in a bowl and sprinkled some pellet like fiber cereal over top.

Amoscarine's photo
Sun 07/13/14 04:16 AM

Pickleshappy

Hello Jeff:heart: :heart: waving waving

Are those homemade?!?

Amoscarine's photo
Sat 07/12/14 08:13 AM
Blended drink. 4 leaves kale, 1 banana, 1 medium beet, 3 beet leaves and one raw egg from a farm near.

The beet leaves were pretty mature so gave it a bit of a bite. It wasn't so yummy, but i don't care. It feels good now...

Amoscarine's photo
Fri 07/11/14 10:58 AM

with all these crackpot know it alls monkeys and apes may have evolved from man.
The truth is, know one knows,

What do you really know about what other people know? Just be because you are ignorant of a topic doesn't mean everyone else is.

The wonderful thing about science is that the process is largely transparent. If you have the integrity to base your beliefs on solid reasoning and evidence, you too can learn all about the validity of the theory of evolution.

I thought science started out without not believing anything, and setting out to find out for oneself with verifiable means?

Amoscarine's photo
Fri 07/11/14 10:44 AM
Dream fields. Wind whipped, i dreamed for you, but not of,
As words drip idly off of these damp walls with shining eyes,
Buildings raised only to raze, but still fingerprinted, some walls stand,
Smudged as this sentiment wanes poetic, The standing makes wisened cry
Dipping down, in and around you and this fire i swim,
Cold waters begin to sting sensitive, then it's most clear what you say t' me
Dreamily smiling, yet the greatest deceit escapes from between your teeth,
What it meant to meet you, i remember every time anew.

A setting out, embark for all that **** rogues must go through,
a quick tie, left to be undone or not by chosen fate,
A dream, and from life components will you it fabricate?
From the way destiny flows, form swirls and eddies on which to float,
And i'm torn twixt stupid past eking out,
what i an no longer wishing to be concerned about, the past,
and a damned future pulling in installments, set to tear!
Etching not in fear, i don't want to be set, o a million circumstance,
that to after long sense, are transplanted and buried before sprouted.
No longer to be a back up, a sorta spare,
Or pitfalls to tiger-trap, lost connections, and sources of despair,
If from your fast trailblazing, it leads a footfall to fault.

Open the window, let the trees murmur their pennies worth too,
Draft to chill bones, when no one is near to hear,
and you're left home alone.
Does then the house speak to you, the tree and bird tweet?
Ever the sweet sound, listening to moldic manifests,
but greatest, the succulence often found,
not in warmly breathed nothings into an ear,
But in hearing the inaudible,
and with, reaching further the unbound.

Amoscarine's photo
Wed 07/09/14 04:28 PM
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10152349469754947&set=a.398595699946.178151.38140379946&type=1&theater

Amoscarine's photo
Wed 07/09/14 04:26 PM
A handful or two of soaked ground nuts and one banana, blend coarsely and add cinnamon. Soak the raw peanuts over night and rinse.

Amoscarine's photo
Wed 07/09/14 04:23 PM
I don't snack

Amoscarine's photo
Wed 07/09/14 04:18 PM
No. The body likes variety. Maybe peanuts or honey.

Amoscarine's photo
Wed 07/09/14 04:16 PM
Date fruit.

Amoscarine's photo
Wed 07/09/14 04:13 PM
It can be a blessed time if you don't ache/ have mind troubles. It is tougher to do nowadays. I hope you experience joint relief!

Amoscarine's photo
Wed 07/09/14 04:10 PM

A Relationship with no gender roles. We both Hustle. We both Cook. We both Clean. We both Pay. We both spoil each other....

Do you agree ?

Why not? :)

Amoscarine's photo
Wed 07/09/14 04:08 PM
this will help her rest well. Thank you
for caring about another

2 4 5 6 7 8 9 17 18