Community > Posts By > Amoscarine

Amoscarine's photo
Thu 07/03/14 04:19 PM
Witches were powerful people, and organizations of any kind, especially the churches, dislike powerful individuals. All of the witch killing is an intolerable crime and likely weakened our gene pool or any current cultures aptitude for this type of work. I don't think magic is the ultimate possibility, and like miss harmony do think that many abilities are latent in humans and not developed, but possible. I'd say that their power came from a certain understanding of themselves...... It is unfortunate that such a stigma has been attached to witches and also that the world as it is undermines the development of people to their fullest. Otherwise, magic may not seem so magic, but a more familiar part of life.

Amoscarine's photo
Thu 07/03/14 04:11 PM
So what the h hell is information in physics? Shannon claude did his project at bell company in the late 1940's, and since then the quantification of energy has found many applications. But the quantification lacks outside significance. It may say how much info can be passed on a wire and give a maximum bit rate or something, but it is not quantified by more than a number. How much does a number weigh? My point is that there could be a quantity of information possible per physical unit, and it could be like written on energy, and we could be missing it. I mean is physics info based, is information really a something, or is it just a gateway or a lead up to a physics which deals with the unphysical finally. It occurs to me that there could be something along the lines of a rule that information be the same bits when seen from this vantage or another when attached to phenomenon. The other idea that information can't go faster than light, via einstein, which i believe is still not proved wrong.
Since info dilates with mass and motion, that information about a speeding body is less and reduced, The amount of data per unit energy would decrease. One could add a trend that data flows from high to low on energy. Or from denser to less sparse data holding. bodies with less mass then would have lots of info if at a stand still, and less when moving, like how massless bodies go at c. or close in mediums. And of mass, perhaps mass is the set of some dynamics, the outcome of information trying to be minimized by some underlying dynamics. The mass the way it is because of how it regulates info gain or loss, that would be another way to put it. You hear about all of this stuff space going faster than light.... But can information be conveyed on this? There is also the point that even Einsteins Equations are not background independent like they had striven to be. Granted, the striving is fodder for hope, and potential, and should not be dissed. Yet, and anyways, when a mass totality is given to a set of field equations, there is a global solution which all smaller subsections in a universe are subject to. If mass behaves and makes space groove like this, then so much of it, saying that there is a mass of an entire system, fixes the time and space in place in a certain way much like a mold for phenomenon. So everything happens in some sense according to the shape and flexibility of this mold, which affords it its great field of applicability, especially at large scales where massive energies are enough to show this dynamics. But i wonder if actual nothingness, the very void, isn't something of a prejudice itself... Why is it such that we can refer to movement through vacuum anyway and at all? In my mind, at least, it is something akin to the up/down fact that there isn't one, or poetically that Shakespeare truism that the world sees neither good or bad, but the person evaluating it does. Perhaps you've heard the idea that the uni. could be shifted two inches and none would know the differ. But i find it most palatable to picture a body out there all alone, no friends, tress, planets, not even a longing from some distant planet called home, just far removed from anything and everything. Out there like that, still to moving, what difference does it make, if the universe or the nothingness is endless, how is there any metric at all? If this void is considered as present in the normal populated world we know of basically, then this movement, saying this moved here or there, sticks out like a sore thumb. If a view is to be truly comprehensive, it must learn how to use the void as more than a backdrop, to see it as a participant. If somehow this void can become part of some conservation laws, then it might see a change. The void itself could be bent like space time is.... or be in such a way that it supports matter and mass and sound and energy- the reverberations of creation. I think a view with info in it will unlock new roads for physics somehow or another. Some relativity, the trekking of its path, is still to do.

Amoscarine's photo
Thu 07/03/14 03:51 PM
If quantum theory is right in its domain at all, the above argument for needing a space time weave for fluctuations to occur in points in the direction of multiple big bangs. This is reasoning, and perhaps human arguments are not sufficient for putting deeper truth of the cosmos, but it is indicative. Thanks for all the comments here and the utterly fantastic dialogues! drool :heart:

Amoscarine's photo
Thu 07/03/14 03:03 PM
naturalnews.com covers some of this shiz

Amoscarine's photo
Thu 07/03/14 03:02 PM

Little Red Riding Hood.

hahahahahaah

Amoscarine's photo
Thu 07/03/14 03:01 PM
David Chalmers book called The Conscious Mind

Any existential works. I always enjoyed J.P. Sartre on human emotions

Amoscarine's photo
Thu 07/03/14 02:56 PM

Scratching beneath the muse of my feelings,
Screeches on window glass, colors, globes of pigment blended,
Outside world, lighted through stained translucence seems,
To be a design, no more idly etched, the master,
Than here is drawn free hand, what is there envisioned true.
Just as everything I could and indeed ever do,
is imperfect, through cracks in the glass falling,
Shards to be lit or remain dim,
and cling to rotten, curled ironwork like leaves at fall.
This house was nothing ever more than a rocky shamble,
rickety trick, conceived & cut, from lumber, raised too quick,
Now with moldy floor boards, bowing and bending, under my weight,
and out by the gate, even from there the sound of half hung shutters,
tatters in the wind blown.
Haunted not by ghosts, but simple missus discord.
A beauty played out too soon deaths song.
A whistling draft passes a note from one room to another in cryptic code,
beyond the bedtime age, but still a story spell put under,
as dusk was pulled haltingly asunder,
Into twinkling starry lights and the black of gathering crows.
A tale that only darkness knows, forever spun at night,
And posed as if something more than just a play of light.
Out i walked and shut the door, and briefly Over my shoulder,
I heard an echo, faint and crisp in a summer evening's air,
a bone chilling but ever clear, Nevermore.

Amoscarine's photo
Wed 07/02/14 03:37 PM
Thanks all!blushing

Amoscarine's photo
Tue 07/01/14 06:23 PM
And well, it sums up a few months to be true

Amoscarine's photo
Tue 07/01/14 06:23 PM
Yes, it pretty much sums up last night for me. Thank you both! :smile:

Amoscarine's photo
Tue 07/01/14 10:22 AM
:smile: thanks for posting!

Amoscarine's photo
Tue 07/01/14 10:20 AM
It is half about http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jaggi_Vasudev

Amoscarine's photo
Tue 07/01/14 10:19 AM

Flipping through a page book, written by you and I,
eyes drift forward and back, twixt the bound sheets,
Co-authored, ink drifting thunderstorms across this pool ball sphere,
To where my heart did float to?
past billiards break,
to the sun shining through,
o desolation, it cut what was meant never to be cut,
Shut eyes to this romance, that was one sided,
faked, fooled, and begun in only hopes of failing,
by dumb luck it worked out to fall out. but
not a two body problem. I was a shooting star against black,
the glorious void, outshining any human,
But i can't love even this nothingness; it too remains just a friend.
Eliminating plans A and B, left is truer to me,
That love is but the surest and sharpest pain.

Amoscarine's photo
Tue 07/01/14 10:16 AM
Aww, thank you Leigh! I will have to view your posts

Amoscarine's photo
Fri 06/27/14 06:10 AM

Golden streaks in the sky,
perfection of hues amber-ed in my memory,
Forever, as long as this earth-bomb keeps ticking,
through subsequent seismic shakes and tremors,
echoeing out a splendor of varied timbres,
As each new calf is born and waits its end.
Begin lo, anew, and see chem trails to delight,
instead of to instill righteous fright.
Now ending day, a flight from stubborn sun born consistency,
that would fry crisper than fry and more gold caramel than mallowed brown
if not for a spin; Cycles to start and stop in every single town,
dotted on this habitable celestial sphere,
where earthlings are free to feel and be dumb,
to coddle and late suck thumb,
to love and be loved, to run away and hide,
to stride in peace/ in the pitch of wretchedness be tarred in war and thrive,
To dance, a place for arms held wide,
and upturn the face, to wonder only what is inside the human.
Telling stories in my DNA, this storybook,
is,
the last frontier,
full of adventures for those who care and dare,
And wholly at last, to be given body without fear.
Yours is the universe!

Amoscarine's photo
Thu 06/26/14 08:34 PM
I think everything is alive. Rocks and gravity effects have tendencies just like a person and I sometimes don't really see nature being some inanimate entity. Maybe that is dreamy, but pantheism looks pretty good how David Chalmers spits it. From personal inklings and nothing else, I say yes to life. In my mind I am 100% sure and would bet my life on it in the blink of an eye, but I don't have arguments. It is known to me and that is what i go off of.

Amoscarine's photo
Thu 06/26/14 08:30 PM
when time slows down near absolute zero, things gain mas. dialation effects yeah, check, but high mass-> singularity where time is at a standstill, so time is something of an expression of a reduced mass or energy, that is, time is when energy itself is reduced, or, otherwise put, when there is less info per unit energy. this happens near gravity field or due to L. Susskind's hint (that info is loss when speed is high) when objects -> c.

Amoscarine's photo
Thu 06/26/14 08:03 PM
heyah: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/science-news/10486479/Phobias-may-be-memories-passed-down-in-genes-from-ancestors.html

All this article means to me is that even though my *** isn't sore, I've been raped.

Amoscarine's photo
Sun 04/27/14 05:33 PM

.. your mind and body communicate with each other correct.. so you might say theyre speaking to one another.. a dialogue is going on... even without your consent...hmm..
.. fascinating..
. and how did they learn how to do this..
. didn't figure it out on their own..
. information would have had to be passed down the line somewhere...yes..
.. but I have to go right now my stomach. is telling my brain is hungry...laugh

IDK, I think in education, if we are talking about learning of any type, the mind remembers best when the person is left on their own to figure it out in the right kind of environment with proper resources. This so particularly with mathematics. There will be a fine generation, and hopefully more (that could be a world statement, no doubt ahahaah), of scientist in Sweden because of how their education system is structured like this for math and science at least. The cells and tiny automaton are likely a lot more intelligent then the brain as far as staying on task and using resources efficiently. I don't see it being so much of a problem. Einstein once said that it wasn't that he was so much smarter than his collegues, but that he was stubborn and stayed with a problem for longer. His special relativity took him from 16-18 until 26. He had his lightbeam rider daydream at 16, but likely didn't start his work on relativity until entering Zurich poly tech school at 17. First mentioned in a letter to his girl while in school or shortly after. His general theory took him 10-11 years. These cells or information exchanging entities have had billions of years to get down a working system. Even if a logical mind can't strictly understand, I am grateful for all of that which has been worked out through the eons to get the human race to where it is now.
Funky, thanks, but i did read that...

Amoscarine's photo
Sun 04/27/14 05:14 PM
Edited by Amoscarine on Sun 04/27/14 05:15 PM
PHD- Hey pal, I am glad i could make your day! Pleasing to more than one gender, that HAS transcended my greatest hope for this piece.

1 2 3 5 7 8 9 17 18