Community > Posts By > Junkmanjim10

Junkmanjim10's photo
Fri 11/28/08 09:41 PM
I just hate the people who make them,, they cry poor and want help out of the hole they dug for themselves knowing it would come back to haunt them.

Junkmanjim10's photo
Fri 11/28/08 09:38 PM
I do love the american cars, without them, i wouldnt be able to make lots of cash from people like you's who love them by fixing them all day in my driveway!

Junkmanjim10's photo
Fri 11/28/08 09:36 PM

Ummmm..I had a 99 Saturn.

220,000 miles on it. Regular oil changes and other regular maintenance, replaced two wheel bearings ( both at over 200k miles, one on each of the front wheels ) and replaced one battery.

I now own an '04 Pontiac Grand Prix. This one has the 3100 motor in it. I have been told that those motors last forever as long as you take care of them.

Saturns were decent, and not designed entirely by G.M., The same people who helped design the 86 nova's (toyota trecel's) also helped design saturns.

Junkmanjim10's photo
Fri 11/28/08 09:32 PM
Dont get me wrong, like i say, i dont hate the cars themselves. I have an 89 chevy truck that cant be beat. it's just too bad they didnt always take the pride they used in building that and applied it to evrything they made from 90 to 05.

Junkmanjim10's photo
Fri 11/28/08 09:26 PM
Being the son of a mechanic and a mechanic myself, im asked why Honda's, Toyota's, and many other foreign cars last longer. The answer is quite simple, Greed! From around 90 to 05, general motors engineers had this brilliant idea which ford and dodge adopted. Lets build disposable cars! People will spend a fortune getting them fixed with our exlusive dealer only parts, and when theyre sick of fixing them, we will sell them a new one! Honda and the other foreign car companies hadnt caught on to what the big 3 were upto because they've been building quality for years. Within the last 10 years or so, Honda and the other foreign car company's started making their vehicles as big and as nice on the inside as the american big three with one major advantage, they took the high quality engineering from the smaller cars and put them in their new line up creating something that would match the class of automobiles the big three made, and surpass the expectations of american standards. While The big 3's plan worked for a little while, word got out that the foreign's were lasting longer, were bigger, getting better gas mileage, and not breaking anywhere near as much.

But forign car parts are more expensive and foreign cars are harder to fix! Heres what i say to that. Example would be wheel bearings. Chevy Lumina wheel bearing is 35 dollars and goes bad between 60,000 and 100,000 miles with clock work presicion! An easy enough fix. The honda Accords wheel bearing costs 15 dollars more. It's a little more disassembly and time to fix, yes. and it may go bad at around 190,000 to 260,000 depending on how the vehicle is treated. Ive worked on them both, have the experience to say this. Theres dozens of other examples i can name clean off the top of my head without thinking of it.

Bottom line, I dont dislike american cars, just who designs them, it's not the car's fault they screwed up really bad making it. The big three put themselves in the hot water there currently in by designing inferior vehicles, thus shaking the confidence of the people it used to sell cars to, us, the americans. They had the ability to design it better and chose the way to make lots of money in a short term run rather than competing and excedding their competition and making lots more money in the long run. It's really no wonder people buy Honda's and Toyota's, after all wouldnt you want to drive a car that doesent break verry often? Sure you might spend more to fix them, but youll defonitely spend twice the ammount fixing the american predicessor not to mention the down time and inconvenience of having to have it towed from wherever it died. The big three did it to themselves and we shouldnt feel bad as the CEO's of these companies fly to washington on their private jets wearing 3 piece armony suits, eating caviar and sipping the finest champagne while theyre about to ask the government for some of the american work forces hard earned money to save something thats going to fail regardless. I will give G.M. as much as the quality of vehicle theyre currently making is vastly improved over the last few years, unfortunately it's too little, too late! Shouldve thougth about that before they screwed america by putting out that trash excuse for an automobile. Quality pays for itself and builds it's own reputation,, Just Ask Honda!

Junkmanjim10's photo
Thu 11/27/08 08:51 AM
now theres a man at peace with himself and his surroundings. To obtain such peace is to not put yourself in a predicliment where jealousy and fear exist. A trait not shared by a great deal of people. Finding such peace is a grat accomplishment. Congratulations.

Junkmanjim10's photo
Sat 11/22/08 11:04 AM
Hello.

Junkmanjim10's photo
Fri 11/21/08 10:31 PM
r i d d i c k is not the name of the movie, There was Pitch black, Dark fury and the chronicles all of which had r i d d i c k in them

Junkmanjim10's photo
Fri 11/21/08 10:29 PM
never mind

Junkmanjim10's photo
Fri 11/21/08 10:29 PM
i dont understand why it did the star thing on r i d d i c k ' s name

Junkmanjim10's photo
Fri 11/21/08 10:28 PM
What the hell is akira? Asides from Rid****'s girlfriends name?

Junkmanjim10's photo
Fri 11/21/08 10:26 PM
Be Casual. Act as if nothing gets to you and dont be a wuss about things. Theres a time to be a bit mushy, and a time to be a little tough.As far as internet sites go, youve come to the right place.Like you, i was never horribly lucky myself. Had a few relationships, but nothing serious. Roll with the punches and learn from mistakes. SOme people it takes alot longer to figure out whats going wrong, just be observant, confident and casual. If you cant find a girl interested in you on this site, somethings seriously wrong. Not saying girls on this site are easy, but it's easier to connect here than other sites, for sure!

Junkmanjim10's photo
Fri 11/21/08 03:22 PM
can i still have a piece?

Junkmanjim10's photo
Fri 11/21/08 03:21 PM
thats friggin halarious!!!!

Junkmanjim10's photo
Thu 11/20/08 03:18 PM
Welcome, you found a pretty good site. ive been on for a few weeks and love it.

Junkmanjim10's photo
Thu 11/20/08 08:22 AM
Im a displaced country boy from cleveland. I live in the city, but have an irrisistable apetite for raised pickup trucks, hunting, fishing, splitting wood and hotwiring and driving tractors. Did i mention i can dot the I on a pepsi can from 800 yds away with a 30.06 rifel?

Junkmanjim10's photo
Thu 11/20/08 06:59 AM
Oh, Thats funny right there!

Junkmanjim10's photo
Thu 11/20/08 06:51 AM
Ive never got a x-mas gift from an employer, but i think id rather get nothing than a bootleg copy of cheezy x-mas songs. Nothing says cheap like a substandard version of jingle bells!

Junkmanjim10's photo
Thu 11/20/08 06:46 AM
I know what your talkin about man. Been there. Evry pain that doesent kill you, just makes you stronger. Be cautious. Frankly theres no way around taking chances when love is involved, well not without looking like some kind of obsessive stalker anyhow. Roll with the punches and keep hangin in there.

Junkmanjim10's photo
Thu 11/20/08 05:31 AM
that was kinda cool.