Community > Posts By > Lost_in_reverie

Lost_in_reverie's photo
Thu 11/21/13 03:21 AM

"Choice" and "prerogative" with temporal and eternal consequences remember!

Yes, I'm enjoying my temporal experiences. Your argument (or, more accurately, scare tactics) only work if a person shares the same beliefs as you. I doubt that we do - I'm an atheist, mate. I don't believe in the "eternal". When I'm dead, I'm nothing but food for the earth.

Lost_in_reverie's photo
Thu 11/21/13 03:08 AM
Edited by Lost_in_reverie on Thu 11/21/13 03:09 AM

Its not your business only,the larger society who could get STD from it have a say too,just for our safety

That's why condoms and sexual education were invented. To be safe, you should practice safe sex. Abstinence doesn't guarantee that when you finally do have sex you'll be free of disease as some people are born with STIs. There's also no guarantee your partner is honest.

Lost_in_reverie's photo
Thu 11/21/13 03:03 AM

Would you submit yourself for a "try before you buy "to all the prospective "buyers"?

Nope, I'm very selective. Just as, if I'm buying a car, I already have a rough idea of what cars I'm not interested in. I'll spend time testing the basics before I submit to an actual trial. But, if I did decide to go down the "test all buyers" (though, personally, I consider myself the buyer, not the guy - purely semantics though), that would be my choice. My prerogative.

Lost_in_reverie's photo
Thu 11/21/13 02:59 AM

Lighten up dude, it's sarcasm. I don't see anything wrong with premarital sex. Why? Because I don't. Period. What I do with my vagina is my business.

Hear, hear!

Lost_in_reverie's photo
Thu 11/21/13 02:50 AM

I guess I'm going to hell then....woohoo!!!pitchfork
Not while you are still alive and could have a change of ways and heart

How can you change if a person has already been having sex before marriage? Unless you're proposing surgery to pretend she's a virgin again... Personally, I think it's all a little crackers.

I'm happy with the "try before you buy" method.

Lost_in_reverie's photo
Thu 11/21/13 02:48 AM

Fall in Love or doing flowerforyou sex what is most dangerous::tongue:

It depends on how you "do" sex...

Lost_in_reverie's photo
Thu 11/21/13 02:36 AM

Subject above refers,which is more financially intelligent of the two?which would you rather do and under what circumstances?

I think it's pretty much the same answer for anything purchased - if you can buy it outright, do so. No point burdening yourself with payments over a longer period, especially since you're usually paying extra for the 'convenience', if you can afford to pay all in one go.

Lost_in_reverie's photo
Thu 11/21/13 02:13 AM
Short and sweet - it certainly gets the point pretty quick, gives just enough information that it will intrigue the right person and give them something to ask you about. I personally like the picture with your cat. I would have said the one where you're lying down in front of the fountains as it looks quite playful, but the view of your face isn't clear so best avoided for a profile picture.

Best of luck with your search!

Lost_in_reverie's photo
Thu 11/21/13 01:53 AM

Thanks, means a whole lot. At least you had an option of ignoring. I appreciate it, thanks.

No, I don't like ignoring things like that. How are you feeling today? Any improvement on yesterday?

Lost_in_reverie's photo
Wed 11/20/13 06:35 PM

Yea was so funny I died laughing...rly I asked for a coffee ...maybe wrong site for a coffee

Maybe service is closed at this hour? I'd have to travel for a coffee at this time... unless I made one myself.

Lost_in_reverie's photo
Wed 11/20/13 06:12 PM

They think you are Gandalf!

Is he not?? Damn. My dreams are now shattered. Thanks. Thanks a lot.

Lost_in_reverie's photo
Wed 11/20/13 05:56 PM

You all want a nice charming sensitive considerate and doting man, but when you get that you want a man with Balls...
Help im confused. .

A man with balls certainly has its appeal - pretty sure it's called the "complete package". ;)

I'm not really sure about "sensitive" being added to the mix, but I do like men to be self-aware and capable of engaging in real discussions/sharing feelings, and all that 'crap' where appropriate. If you mean sensitive by crying over squished bugs on the windscreen, then I'll pass (however traumatic that discovery is).

In terms of what I like (since I don't feel qualified to speak for all women):
*A man who can hold a conversation on varied topics - there's only so long that a conversation on football/the gym/beer will last...
*Someone who is fun to be with
*Affectionate, where appropriate, but not clingy or possessive (I think some space is important for a healthy relationship)

That's pretty much the basics. Obviously individual personalities come into play, so being too specific wouldn't give a true picture on what would actually work.

I don't get the appeal of "bad boys" though. If you know someone's a player, why on earth would you want to get involved? Then the girl thinks she can then moan about him being a jerk... silly lady.

Lost_in_reverie's photo
Wed 11/20/13 05:38 PM

can anyone fall in love with a girl without seeing her pic..

I, personally, don't see how you can truly love someone without knowing them. I suppose that could mean you don't know what they look like, but you still have to have met them in person. Maybe a person could wear a mask to test the theory?

It really depends on the other person though. Some people value looks above everything else, others value personality. Either way though, I don't think you can really say you actually love someone until you know them in person.

We can all be whatever we want online, it's only in knowing how people are in person (their mannerisms, their speech, their attentiveness, their unplanned/ungoogled/unedited responses...) that we can truly know a person to know if we could (or do) love them.

Lost_in_reverie's photo
Wed 11/20/13 05:11 PM
Edited by Lost_in_reverie on Wed 11/20/13 05:11 PM

Although I did propose the question, I certainly disagree. Everyone has the right to minimal disclosure from the first hello. Being forced to self identify as anything less than female is humiliating and de-humanizing. But, its my thoughts and most recent method to share the truth if the person seems interested. 99% of the time by the second phone call. BTW, ITS NOT ILLEGAL! ;) wink..

I suppose, quite simply, it really depends on the type of relationship you want. I can understand why you wouldn't want to reveal something like that on the first date, but in the interests of having an open and honest relationship, you should feel able to discuss something of that magnitude. If I were to get involved with someone who didn't reveal something like that until a much later date, I would then go on to wonder what else they were hiding from me.

Best of luck in your search. x

Lost_in_reverie's photo
Wed 11/20/13 04:58 PM

Hello Everyone, I'm new here. Going through a break-up right now, just trying to be happy. Need a very cool female friend, someone i could blurt out my deepest thoughts to, someone I can tell anything without being judged. Any lady at all, irrespective of the age, distance or race, I just want a best friend in you. Thanks.

I should actually have gone to bed by now, so I'm not sure how much use I will be for you at the moment. I know this probably won't help much but things will get better. I hope things begin to pick up for you!

Lost_in_reverie's photo
Wed 11/20/13 04:50 PM

It's a really nice name.flowerforyou

Aw, you charmer! XD

Lost_in_reverie's photo
Wed 11/20/13 04:48 PM

Its in title, but i think its an interesting question.

I could, providing they weren't the obsessive type. If it's simply that they have beliefs that happen to differ from mine, but weren't all crazy about forcing me to follow that doctrine, then I'd be OK with it.

My brother's atheist and his girlfriend's Roman Catholic. She accepts it's not his thing and they pretty much just go about their business separately when it comes to faith. She goes to church, he doesn't. I don't even know if he plans on going to their daughter's Christening, though he isn't against her being Christened.

I've previously been with a guy who called himself a Scientologist, though he wasn't a practising one, so it never bothered me.

Lost_in_reverie's photo
Wed 11/20/13 04:43 PM
On here or in general?

I'm assuming it's here, and I get the impression we're supposed to post messages and talk to people at random to see if we 'click' with anyone. I guess you can also go down the other route of randomly viewing profiles/pictures and sending people "nudges", but I've never really gotten that bit of social networking...

Lost_in_reverie's photo
Wed 11/20/13 04:38 PM
That's right, ladies and gents, I have officially crawled out from under my rock and began poking my toe in the tepid social pool. Not quite at the point of diving in yet, but thought I'd leave a message and see where I get.

I only signed up to this site about 30 minutes ago. I'm mostly here to build friendships (possibly with a view to develop a relationship) but friendship is certainly the main focus.

I am from Greater Manchester in the UK if that makes any difference to you. There's also a whole lot of waffle on my profile if you want to read a little more about what went on in my brain at the profile writing stage.

Feel free to tell me a little (or a lot) about you and what brings you here :D

Lost_in_reverie's photo
Wed 11/20/13 04:30 PM
Hi, Bapsi! Where are you from originally? I've never been to Scotland though I've heard it's beautiful. Love the accent too!