Community > Posts By > Lost_in_reverie

Lost_in_reverie's photo
Wed 01/08/14 06:18 AM
Thinking it's a good thing I opted for the slow cooker rather than a pan on the hob as I just totally forgot about having food on the go! oops

Lost_in_reverie's photo
Sun 01/05/14 03:03 PM

Yeah, that's not a food I would ever try to eat in public, only with family and very, very close friends.laugh

I tried at work the other day. I actually forgot how much I enjoy corn on the cob, it's been that long since I've had it, but it was most definitely very embarrassing and I was very conscious of it being messy.

Lost_in_reverie's photo
Sun 01/05/14 02:46 PM

...and she looks pretty silly trying to eat corn on the cob.

Don't most people? ohwell

Lost_in_reverie's photo
Sun 01/05/14 02:59 AM
Feeling much more in control since setting up a study plan for my degree and personal interest short courses; and I seem to be keeping up with it! Looking forward to the start of my extra-curriculum course on 'Sustainability' on the 6th January (module areas: learning, business, geography, engineering, arts and humanities). :thumbsup:

Lost_in_reverie's photo
Sat 01/04/14 03:23 AM

I don't know about Chaco my nephew mentioned it and I kinda liked. Boys liked Waggy so we went with Sir Wagsalot. Right now I have my two boys, my two nephews, my niece, the pup an orange tabby cat, and a bob tailed kitten in my house! The cats are normally outside but the temps are so low I just had to bring them in. It was a chaotic night!

It sounds like a fun and eventful kind of chaos laugh

Lost_in_reverie's photo
Sat 01/04/14 01:32 AM

I'm thinking I need help deciding which name to go with for our new family addition. He's a Chocolate Lab! Can't decide...it's down to Sir Wagsalot (Waggy) or Chaco?

I'm curious as to the origins of "Chaco" but I think Sir Wagsalot is a good one if your kids are quite young :D

Lost_in_reverie's photo
Fri 01/03/14 02:56 PM

I'm thinking I'm close to my giving up point. But then there's my boys:smile:

Hey! Where's your pretty face gone?

You're just feeling run down, hun. You've not been well and I expect that's one of the reasons you're feeling the way you are. Things will get better, just spend some quality time with the people you care about. It'll really help!

flowerforyou

Lost_in_reverie's photo
Thu 01/02/14 02:28 AM
Excited about meeting a friend to watch a movie tonight ('Nebraska') - "Yay" for being social!

Lost_in_reverie's photo
Tue 12/31/13 04:33 PM

Nope one is married the other is a guy lol. Now if the woman who was hitting on me last night comes through it may happen but I doubt that'll happen laugh

You never know! She may be determined to welcome the New Year with you for company... Best of luck, Mr Brew. xx

Lost_in_reverie's photo
Tue 12/31/13 04:25 PM

I still have a few hours but ill be at work so a new years kiss isnt looking like its not going to happen for me either.ohwell

Depends on your colleagues, I guess laugh

Lost_in_reverie's photo
Tue 12/31/13 04:16 PM

Cheers to you too happy new year.drinker

flowers

Oh no, I didn't kiss anyone as the clock struck midnight... blushing Maybe I'll remember to next year?

Lost_in_reverie's photo
Tue 12/31/13 04:03 PM
2014 has officially begun for me. Hopefully it'll be way better than last year - I have high hopes xx

Cheers! drinker

Lost_in_reverie's photo
Tue 12/31/13 01:51 PM

I can see my face!! blushing

Thanks! Hope you have a happy New Year too!

Lost_in_reverie's photo
Tue 12/31/13 01:42 PM

Reviewing our " friend" relationship... You're right! We aren't friends.
I treat all of my friends the same... I don't treat him like I would everyone else! with other guy friends, I can call up and say " Hey, knucklehead let's hit the sports bar.. the Eagles are playing"
I have never and will never make an invitation like that to him... anytime I've "met up" with him it's been him calling and asking me to meet, IF I'm already out!

It sounds like you've never been allowed to be comfortable with him because he seems to be edging from the "more than friends" angle, despite you making it clear that's not what you want. If he'd backed off to "just friends" you may have been more inclined to relax and enjoy his company. I've had "friends" like that too. If they don't accept it, you just have to cut them loose unfortunately. "Gotta be cruel to be kind, in the right measure."

Lost_in_reverie's photo
Tue 12/31/13 01:38 PM
Very disappointed - came home early from work to bring in the New Year with my niece and nephew, only to find everyone's asleep or going to sleep. Looks like I'm bringing in the New Year on my own... grumble

Lost_in_reverie's photo
Tue 12/31/13 03:09 AM

I've started dating a gal of mingle2 and things r going well.....

:thumbsup: Congratulations! I hope it continues to go well for you xx

Lost_in_reverie's photo
Mon 12/30/13 12:34 PM

I've canceled a date once though because I wasn't comfortable about it. This was a few years ago on another site and I said to this woman that I was getting fed up with none of the women wanting to meet. She said that she would meet me and then told me that it would have to be at her house because she said that she couldn't go out because of "blackouts".

That does sound pretty shady so it's certainly better not to find out. Aren't blackouts related to Bipolar sufferers?

I just didn't feel that we had even established a virtual friendship and those text speak one liners can make people seem retarded.

That's basically what we're discussing in relation to the OP - that being able to converse is a big part of developing that friendship. Many of us don't feel comfortable moving from the site unless we believe it's been established.

Well, we did hit it off and maybe she did pressure me a bit and she even said that people say to her that she's a guy because of that. What can I say though? She was friendly and really seemed to like me and I thought that she was kind of alright, even if I did have some reservations about her.

I remember you telling me some of the details, yes. It did sound like a really weird situation in the end, but at least things seemed to worked out alright for you for the most part.

I've talked about this before In a thread about love at first sight. I don't believe in it but I think that if you both go into it open to the idea of something happening between you it can work. If you're negative and put up roadblocks it won't. That's what I mean by "friendly".

I don't believe I throw up roadblocks for the most part... traffic calming measures, certainly. I guess I'm cautiously friendly.

Lost_in_reverie's photo
Mon 12/30/13 09:59 AM
Edited by Lost_in_reverie on Mon 12/30/13 10:02 AM

No need to thank me. That post wasn't even addressed to you.

I'm afraid that I don't even understand the rest of what you're saying here though, so please feel free to clarify if you like. I don't know what you mean by "swinging that way" and it seems to me that you're reading things into my posts that simply aren't there. Are you trying to imply that I'm a slut or what?

"Swinging that way" is a reference to being a lesbian. I was basically saying I have no idea whether the same issues arise with interactions with women, though I wouldn't be surprised if they do, as I don't date them.

Where have a stated you were a slut? I don't recall a personal attack on you at all. You challenged my "personality" and how that made me "unfriendly" because I challenged your comment about "picky" women, and it went from there...

What I was highlighting was, that whilst you may feel you're able to converse with people openly about where you feel things may lead, other people aren't always open to it. If anything, they find ways of manipulating conversations to meet their own end.

Lost_in_reverie's photo
Mon 12/30/13 09:49 AM

I don't believe that I said anything about sex in my post. All I'm talking about is dating.

But alright then. If you want to make it about that then yeah, I guess that it is about standards in a way. Some people are more uptight about sex than others and they feel the need to put on their profiles that they aren't looking for "fun", or that they won't sleep with someone on a first date. Others aren't and they don't get uncomfortable just talking about it and they don't moralise.

Nobody can make you do what you don't want to do unless you put yourself in a dangerous situation. Guys in general are just on here trying to chat women up but if you see that as them trying to back you into a corner and you terminate conversations with them as soon as they start talking about actually meeting that is going to come across as being unfriendly. It's happened to me several times. I'll be chatting away with a woman and she may even have said to me that she would consider meeting up but as soon as I say anything about that they just stop replying instead of simply saying that they aren't comfortable doing that yet.

You're the one who made reference to something in one of my posts. The conversation continued on to talk of feeling "pressured" which, I believe, can cover many situations. Sometimes pressure to maintain contact, pressure to talk off this site before a person is ready to move, pressure to share details, pressure to meet up before a person is ready, pressure for something to develop at a pace that person is uncomfortable with... etc etc.

And I know, noone can make me do something I don't want to do. That's partly the point of this thread, is it not? That if something doesn't work for you (such as conversation) then noone can make you stick with it, and why should a person feel the have to? Part of the good of internet dating - you can back off/block a person if you're in a position you no longer feel comfortable with.

I sometimes worry about how much a person can find out about you just from being here though. Do we really want to p*ss that stranger off? What if he finds his way to my town? What if he recognises me in the street? etc.

Fortunately I don't get lost in those thoughts too often, but they're definitely there if the situation goes in a way I don't feel comfortable with, which may be why I sometimes back off.

Lost_in_reverie's photo
Mon 12/30/13 09:30 AM
Edited by Lost_in_reverie on Mon 12/30/13 09:37 AM

Lost_in_reverie, I have to agree with you on this one. I also feel backed into a corner when attempting to get to know someone a little better and right away they want you to call them or meet up. Meeting people on these sites is much different than if you meet someone in person, because you don't have the luxury of being able to use your senses when communicating. It is better to play it safe and try to gauge a person's intentions before meeting or giving out your number. At least that's the way I feel about it. If I am pressed to meet, I usually cut off communication. If someone is truly interested in getting to know more about you, they will take the time and wait until both parties are comfortable with a meeting.

Spot on! People tend to come to these sites because they aren't able to find someone face-to-face. I think most of the time it's similar reasons like time, commitments, location, interests... And, as you say, talking to people online can be very difficult when trying to work out who a person is.

There's been the odd times where I've come across real gems, but it's unfortunate there's usually such a big distance, geographically speaking, to make meet ups a reality. There certainly are ups and downs to this internet lark.

I've started a few relationships over the years with people I've met online, but they were guys who were willing to give me that time to trust them and feel comfortable meeting them. The one I stuck with, and was serious about, was a man who took that time to alleviate concerns I did have, both prior to meeting him and after meeting him. It unfortunately didn't work out, but that's just the way relationships go sometimes.

I'm the same though, shellsrose. If I feel pressured, I do tend to back off as it's often indicative of what I believe that person to be like in person too.

2 4 5 6 7 8 9 22 23