Community > Posts By > Lost_in_reverie

Lost_in_reverie's photo
Mon 12/30/13 09:22 AM

People will go to great lengths to steal people's identity. I've heard all sorts of thing like rummaging through bins etc. So you need to be careful. It's difficult to ignite the passions under these circumstances.

I'm sure there are plenty of treasures to be found in the depths of a Mingler's message bin...

I don't doubt you have a rough time though. You poor sausage, you. flowerforyou

Lost_in_reverie's photo
Mon 12/30/13 09:20 AM

You would be surprised. I'm happy enough to meet up with women and start off as friends. Doesn't particularly matter to me whether there's sex on the first date or if it takes several. I just like to feel that it's leading somewhere because that's my idea of romantic.

Are you sure that you aren't just confusing flirting with expectations? I don't expect anything unless the woman says to me that she wants it to be what you're calling a "sex hook up" and even then they can back out at any time. But then, if she says that she wants to stay with me for the weekend or something like that I know that it's just a matter of just not acting like an arse when I meet her and that's not too difficult really.

That's you, Tawt. You may talk openly about what you do and don't want. You may feel that people are able to talk to you in that way also, but there are many men (and some women I'm sure, though I don't swing that way) who don't conduct themselves that way and don't listen when people attempt to clarify a situation or intentions.

And yes, I know the difference between flirting and expectations but thank you for your concern.

Lost_in_reverie's photo
Mon 12/30/13 09:03 AM

Was it something that I said?

What do you mean bullying? You said something before about not being comfortable around single guys because you feel pressured by them. That's not about having standards. That's just something about your personality and it follows that if you are like that you just aren't as friendly as some other women are.

There are times where I've been involved in conversation with people (whether here or on other sites) where men have attempted to back me into a corner with regards to meeting up quite early on via manipulative tactics. I believe meeting up should be done when I person feels comfortable with it, not because the other decides it's now or never. If I'm shoved into that situation - I pick "never".

Obviously being around single guys makes sense if you want to meet a partner, but they tend to act differently when they're unattached. Which is incredibly frustrating as it's almost this desperate clamouring to get a person's attention rather than just taking the time to get to know each other.

I'm not going to go offering myself to every man I meet. If not sh*gging about makes me unfriendly, then so be it. I'll have to remember to add that to my profile next time I edit, eh? "Is 'unfriendly' (aka: will not have sex with you just because you want it)".

Lost_in_reverie's photo
Mon 12/30/13 08:46 AM
Edited by Lost_in_reverie on Mon 12/30/13 08:46 AM

Define cooperative, Red6mist.

Having the restrictions about people messaging for "intimate encounters" being turned off is probably what he's referring to :P

Lost_in_reverie's photo
Mon 12/30/13 07:40 AM

...picky types, or just ones that are so sensitive that they get uncomfortable about things that I say are a dead loss anyway. Friendly ones that actually want to meet guys are where it's at.

So, you prefer people who don't have standards?

I consider it my prerogative to conduct myself in whatever manner I choose. If I don't feel someone is a match for me, why should I be bullied into maintaining a conversation or meeting up? Being friendly doesn't mean being a push over.

But yes, they're a "dead loss" to you if it isn't working out the way you want it to.

Lost_in_reverie's photo
Mon 12/30/13 06:45 AM
Edited by Lost_in_reverie on Mon 12/30/13 06:46 AM

If you read my profile, you'll see what I mean! Seriously, there are some real precious "sweeties" out there

:thumbsup:

In terms of the OP, you're not the only one to experience it at all. The majority of dating site members seem to be incapable of forming sentences, never mind conversing. The ones who can can usually be found in the forums.

Many of those who can construct sentences fail to take note of points from the profile (or don't at all). As others have said, when questioned on their opening message, so many show themselves to be fakers or copy-and-pasters.

And then it's a case of working out who you feel is a match for you and who isn't. I don't like messaging people back if I don't think, for whatever reason, we'd be a good fit. I have actually had guys send me horrible messages for the fact I don't reply to their first message. But why waste a person's time?

There have been occasions where I've drifted away from conversations myself. Sometimes it's a case of the conversation drying up (as you say, you don't feel you can continue a conversation with them), other times it's little comments that don't make me feel comfortable continuing. A lot of the time I'll mention what does concern me and if I still don't feel comfortable, or feel I'd be wasting their time, I'll back off.

So yes, it's a long, long road if you really want to meet someone. But I think it can be difficult however you choose to go in search of new companions.

Lost_in_reverie's photo
Mon 12/30/13 06:04 AM

I'm thinking this cough I have is going to kill me. sick

You're stronger than some pesky germ - you'll kick the little invaders out soon enough, don't you worry. Snot is your friend!

Lost_in_reverie's photo
Mon 12/30/13 02:19 AM

Picking a guy is no longer like shopping for clothes. Sure you could try on a ton of them, but don't you want to mingle to see if they really fit? Sometimes I look on here and still only see people staying on the surface but hearing them say they want to go deep. Well, there are a lot of guys out there and going deep is only as hard as us letting down guards. If we go through life with a fence around us we should be ready to only meet people with those same fences. Each one wondering who's going to drop their guard first. That to me sounds backward.

:thumbsup:

No truer words could be spoken! I know I'm just as bad as the next person for being cautious and guarded, but I do make the effort to let people in (even if it's at my own pace).

Lost_in_reverie's photo
Sun 12/29/13 03:19 PM
Edited by Lost_in_reverie on Sun 12/29/13 03:19 PM

To women "Nice Guys" in the friend zone are guys that are just trying a different tact to manipulate you, ie: "If I contunue to be nice to her, and just hang around in a non-threatening way... she will eventually realize I'm the best thing for her and give me what I want."

I've noticed many guys try that. It then makes it difficult to work out who actually is a friend, or who gets bored of your company when you're not "putting out" (most of them). Then guys that follow wonder why you're less inclined to talk openly, to share details of your life and your experiences, when you can't even tell anymore if they're sincere or just sticking around until you get stupid.

Lost_in_reverie's photo
Sun 12/29/13 02:35 PM
Edited by Lost_in_reverie on Sun 12/29/13 02:37 PM

Crying at work is career suicide. If you can do almost anything to avoid it the effort is worth it. Better to go home and loose a days pay or change jobs if the job site is that intolerable. If you are taking things from off work TO work then you may need to get stuff worked out at home because you need a job to have a home. Sounds pretty dire. You got my sympathy.

It's the job environment, Pacific. It's a horrible place to work. The job itself should be so easy but they always seem to understaff and everyone's always in such a horrible mood and they're always shouting at each other. It's a bar/restaurant job, so there's always issues with stock levels, problems with orders etc, which then means customers getting mad at us that then means the chefs get mad at us for trying to resolve the problems...

There are occasionally issues outside of work but I don't tend to take them into work, just as I don't tend to take work home with me. But when your energy levels are down, you're not getting breaks in your shift and they're essentially working you to the bone, you can't help but get stressed, however much I try to take control of it. It annoys me I get stressed as it's a shitty job, certainly not a career, and it's completely ridiculous things that build up until we're all wound up.

I've been applying for other jobs though, but heard nothing back yet and don't really expect to until the new year is up and running again. Trying to stick it out as can't afford to be without a job, but I just hate it so much.

@realcarebear: thank you! I hope so too. <3

Lost_in_reverie's photo
Sun 12/29/13 01:37 PM
Edited by Lost_in_reverie on Sun 12/29/13 01:38 PM
I need to stop crying at work... sad

Lost_in_reverie's photo
Sat 12/28/13 05:28 PM

Thank you. That'll teach me to never eat too much chocolate again.laugh

All's it teaches me is that I should have a more balanced approach - some fruit AND chocolate!

Lost_in_reverie's photo
Sat 12/28/13 03:10 AM

And stoned this year no doubt.

There's a small window of opportunity.

Lost_in_reverie's photo
Sat 12/28/13 02:49 AM

Isn't there a women's magazine called "festive period"?

Mrs Claus is going to get me for that one.

You'll be getting coal next year. laugh

Lost_in_reverie's photo
Sat 12/28/13 02:39 AM

He does have that list doesn't he.

happy holidays lost

He sure does! Takes all the fun out of it, I'm sure.

Hope you're having a great festive period, mg! flowers

Lost_in_reverie's photo
Sat 12/28/13 02:13 AM

Am I going to find someone naughty on here.

Santa would have found them first.

Lost_in_reverie's photo
Sat 12/28/13 01:59 AM

My tummy hurts....

Blame the turtles! I hope you feel better soon flowerforyou

Lost_in_reverie's photo
Fri 12/27/13 03:14 PM

If we could control our feelings, it would be awesome. I've tried to care about people and failed, and tried not to care about people and failed. You like who you like and most of the time, it just is what it is.

I guess as long as he doesn't get weird about it, it might be okay, I had a crush on a guy at work (which he didn't reciprocate) and another guy had a crush on me (which I didn't reciprocate) but we handled it like adults so it wasn't awkward. It's a shame we couldn't have switched up.laugh

The joys of working with people! There's bound to be some pheromones flying about and getting people all confused.

Lost_in_reverie's photo
Fri 12/27/13 02:46 PM

Ah yeah, good point. I've tried dating at work twice, it never ends well. If you break up the work situation suffers huge....and then it's embarrassing because everyone knows.

Exactly! I did it a few times in my younger days. One guy I was actually with for two years - so I certainly don't regret it. But we were really good friends (and I had a crush on him) before we got together. I don't really know this guy to even think of him as a friend.

I suppose he has my number... I just wasn't so keen on the idea of him being interested though. Not that there's really anything wrong with him, I just don't feel it. That's all. I feel like a ***** putting it that way but there's not much I can do about the way I feel. ohwell

Lost_in_reverie's photo
Fri 12/27/13 02:42 PM

It's amazing the lengths people go to make up and validate stuff, but I guess the same could be said for Christianity, among those who don't believe in it.

I do believe all religions started out as a man with an idea, and they grew from there. Maybe they all started with the best intentions (and I do hope that's the case), it's just unfortunate that that vision hasn't been realised.

1 3 5 6 7 8 9 22 23