Community > Posts By > Lost_in_reverie

Lost_in_reverie's photo
Wed 12/11/13 02:54 AM
I actually like that the book doesn't seem to be a mystery. She pretty much tells what the book is about and gives you the basic tools without owning the book, but the book is designed as kind of a workbook. If you're on her actual website there's an hour workshop session where she answers questions and talks about the book and how you essentially read through it one way, flip the book, and work through the activities. Sounds interesting anyway, I just wondered if anyone had read it know if there's anymore to learn from it than what she's already talked about.

One of my exes swore by the Secret, didn't appeal to me though.

Lost_in_reverie's photo
Wed 12/11/13 02:18 AM
Edited by Lost_in_reverie on Wed 12/11/13 02:20 AM
I don't wink or nudge back anyone (whatever race they are), so you needn't worry from that front. I expect those guys you're winking at just don't see the point of that feature, just as I don't.

In terms of messaging you, as others have said, if it feels like it's going to be hard work, why would they? This message sounds like they have a fight on their hands to get you to see you're beautiful and sexy. Particularly as you seem to have some issues around race yourself. What's the fascination with white men? They're men, just the same. Right? Some men like to help build a woman's confidence, but most prefer a woman to believe that first and foremost before they'll believe it.

That's not to say they'll see your pictures and run, as I doubt that's the case. What they probably see is what you're saying and not want to get involved in that "drama", as Larsson puts it.

Relax, enjoy your time getting to know people, and don't put yourself down. It really has nothing to do with race at all and everything to do with confidence and loving yourself.

Lost_in_reverie's photo
Wed 12/11/13 01:00 AM

Doesn't interest me in the slightest. Why learn from her when you can learn from the wise Seneca, Bacon and Schopenhauer?

I'm not saying it should be a person's only guide in life as there are plenty of books to read and viewpoints to learn about. That doesn't mean there's anything 'wrong' with any particular mindset, it's just working out which way works best for you. Or cherry picking the methods that do work, and leaving the rest for someone else.

Lost_in_reverie's photo
Tue 12/10/13 03:33 PM
Edited by Lost_in_reverie on Tue 12/10/13 03:33 PM

Yes... slurping a milkshake incessantly for about 15 minutes to make sure the last tablespoonful of liquid was out of the cup.... yeah... a ruffian...shiver....

I hate that sound too! Eurgh. Rough around the edges: fine, imperfect: fine, creepy/gross: not fine.

I hope you find far better men to play with - you are certainly worthy of what you desire and what makes you happy drinker

Lost_in_reverie's photo
Tue 12/10/13 03:19 PM
Edited by Lost_in_reverie on Tue 12/10/13 03:21 PM
It's a book by Danielle LaPorte.

I actually stumbled across it as I'm subscribed to the Marie Forleo videos and she interviewed Danielle on the book she published last year (clearly marketing in anticipation of all those new year's resolutions to do better). This is the interview I watched: http://www.marieforleo.com/2013/12/danielle-laporte-goals-desire/#ixzz2n5OvwLuT

I don't necessarily think it's entirely new thinking, and a lot of it is pretty self-explanatory (as most self-help books are), but I do love the way things are packaged. It's so easy to begin re-evaluating your thought process now, before you even read the book. There's an abundance of information around, such as on her website, that walks you through how to look at your current goals and whether they're really what you want.

Essentially, it takes the stress and pressure out of goal-setting because you're looking at the true reasons why you want them: "You're not chasing a goal, you're chasing a feeling", and forcing you to look at smaller ways of getting to where you want to be.

As I say, it's not exactly revolutionary, but it can feel revolutionary if you throw yourself into it - pretty much getting out of it as much as you put in. I'm certainly finding it very useful.

Has anyone read the book? Any thoughts you want to share on it?

Lost_in_reverie's photo
Tue 12/10/13 08:40 AM
I miss feeling wanted for who I am (even after knowing my faults), not what they want me to be.

Lost_in_reverie's photo
Tue 12/10/13 08:27 AM

Sunrise

Aw, that is cute too!

Lost_in_reverie's photo
Tue 12/10/13 06:04 AM
Edited by Lost_in_reverie on Tue 12/10/13 06:06 AM
If you mean "over the top" being the kind that makes you think they really need a room, then yes I totally understand what you mean. It isn't particularly appropriate and I expect the only reason they haven't been arrested is because clothes still remain on. Just.

If you just mean kisses, hugs, sitting in laps... then I have no issue with that at all, whatever their sexuality. It can make you feel uncomfortable in the sense that it's a visual reminder of what you don't have, but it doesn't make me feel uncomfortable in terms of what they're doing. Sometimes it's nice to just see people happy and enjoying life.

Though a colleague of mine works in a theatre and she was talking about a couple who were supposedly watching a show but spent the whole time locking-lips. That just doesn't sound right, to me. People aren't there to see them, they're there to watch a show so it would be inappropriate (in my opinion).

Lost_in_reverie's photo
Tue 12/10/13 05:59 AM
Edited by Lost_in_reverie on Tue 12/10/13 06:00 AM

I was like um.. you look a lot different in person, he is like uh yeah all the ladies love me... I about choked on my tongue....

Seriously, he said that? What planet is he from? It sounds like he's either changed significantly from when he was a teen and actually was desirable... Or he forgets that the people who meet him are thinking he'll be the person in the picture.

I'm the same - I try not to judge people based on their looks, but if they actually lie about what they look like (or post fake pictures) I'm not going to trust them. And there's certain things I can not deal with - poor hygiene is one of them. I'm not OCD about it, but daily showers/baths, brushing of teeth and deodorant are a must.

It also creeps me out when people eat with their mouths open or breathe heavily a lot (that wheezey/panting - excluding those people who actually have breathing problems). I don't know why it goes through me, but it does. And it sounds like he'd be one of THOSE guys...

Lost_in_reverie's photo
Tue 12/10/13 03:25 AM
Edited by Lost_in_reverie on Tue 12/10/13 03:27 AM

But i just snapped this shot with my webcam....
So click on me if you care to see the old bastard meself..
Sorry about the beard SF but it does grow pretty quickly here in Colorado....

FACE! Nice to see you :D

Thinking am I going to get a sleep tonight? That's twice i've been going to crash out and my dogs been a canine hovercraft and keeps letting out killer farts! Thought i'd been CS gassed!!

I couldn't help laughing at this! I suppose the RSPCA wouldn't approve of you giving Bruno Windeze, right? XD

Lost_in_reverie's photo
Tue 12/10/13 03:19 AM

Okay so I met this guy on another site. His pic showed him as tall, dark, well built and killer dimples.
Well what I got after him being late to the date from hell.... this tall, lumpy, blonde mullet wearing, sweaty person. He came up and starts talking to me and I am like who the heck are you?? He says I am such and such. I am like the hell you say!! It was a nightmare. I tried to stick it out and it just got worse and worse. Shew.

Talk about shattering a fantasy! Lumpy must have been feeling so desperate to resort to such a stupid move... Poor you though!

Lost_in_reverie's photo
Tue 12/10/13 03:14 AM

Did you see him? Did you think he was good looking? Would you date him? Maybe the next time he comes in, walk up to him and say something. I think you are witty and you could come up with something good.
Let us know what happens!!! Good Luck..this could be the start of a great romance!! :heart:

I did see him and he's not a bad looking fella but I don't know how I'm expected to know from a 30 second conversation if I want to date him or even give him access to my phone number.

It felt like, if I messaged him, I was agreeing to something I wasn't even sure I wanted.

I think I was also turned off by his need to sit where he could watch the football. I hate football.

Lost_in_reverie's photo
Tue 12/10/13 03:09 AM

He calls you libelula? Thats terrible, that's a big
flying bug. I think labiavulva is prettier
and would make more Sense to call a woman
and when I'm upset with her a could just
call her ;'_#^'€@-€# , for short.noway

It's not terrible - some bugs are beautiful! I certainly think dragonflies and damselflies are anyway.

Also, libelula is very beautiful, I am partial to răsărit though.

I have no idea what that word means...

Lost_in_reverie's photo
Mon 12/09/13 05:43 PM

I HATE it! The sexiest thing a man can call me is my FULL name! Cause then, I know he sees me! and knows ME!

I call men Hon,babe, sweetness.. all day.. it means absolutely nothing!
If I say his NAME... I must be in love! Like DEstiny's child..
SAY MY NAME ,SAY MY NAME!!! It's true...

I quite like it when I can use a guy's full name. It's so rare that people use them that it feels more intimate or personal if you're able to get away with using their full name. It's usually just mothers that do, so I feel special if I'm allowed too. I suppose it really depends on the name and the person though.

@kartagane: I must admit, I do use "darling" with children. I see a lot of them at work and it's become a term of endearment (which neither child nor parents seem to mind) though, I think originally it was a little tongue-in-cheek... it feels quite natural now though.

Lost_in_reverie's photo
Mon 12/09/13 05:36 PM
Edited by Lost_in_reverie on Mon 12/09/13 05:38 PM

To heck with leaving you an anonymous phone number Lost, I would have taken the time to write something leaving you true to your screen name. flowerforyou

*Swoon.*

Not really a bouquet of flowers kind of girly though. They make me sad as I feel like I've just been given a plant corpse and I'm being forced to watch them decompose. I know flowers die off whilst still attached too, but it feels like a premature end if I'm gifted them once removed from their home.

Have you tried looking for a lamp in there? If you find one I get a wish since I am the one who suggested it. :tongue:

I'll be sure to let you know!

Lost_in_reverie's photo
Mon 12/09/13 11:58 AM

And yeah, it's indeed peculiar how it works. With certain ppl I don't mind them calling me that first part of my name, if other do it, however, I feel like "DON'T you DARE!!" hihi

I know what you mean. I generally don't mind people abbreviating my name, and I'm usually pleasantly surprised when people feel comfortable doing it. But sometimes it just feels inappropriate, like when bosses at work do it. Doesn't feel right.

I also find it interesting how accents and dialects can affect how certain words are used and interpreted but we've had two lads from Liverpool working at ours in the kitchen and both use similar terms like "babe" and "doll". One of them sounds really creepy (J) when he uses words like that (mostly because it's as if he's trying too hard), whereas the other guy (R) actually seems quite sweet. I don't normally like words like that, but I find I'm not remotely offended by R using them. Odd how it works that way.

Lost_in_reverie's photo
Mon 12/09/13 11:49 AM

That would suck. So what did you do with his number?

When my colleague gave it to me, I shoved it in my apron expecting that it would be destroyed by wet cloths and spillages. Turns out it wasn't so I was forced to drop it into the bottom of my Aladdin's Cave of a bag... which is where it probably still is.

Lost_in_reverie's photo
Mon 12/09/13 11:44 AM
Edited by Lost_in_reverie on Mon 12/09/13 11:45 AM
I've had friends who use terms like that naturally and it is quite sweet, whereas there are others that attempt the same thing but they just sound creepy.

In terms of partners using terms of endearment, I prefer it if it's something personal to you both. Like I have a friend who calls me "lib�lula" sometimes. I find it really sweet as it sounds beautiful when pronounced correctly (he's a Spaniard living in Manchester), and it's personal to me because of my love of dragonflies and having one tattooed on my wrist.

Lost_in_reverie's photo
Mon 12/09/13 08:33 AM

That'd be interesting, if he gave out say 5 or 6 numbers in a day, and a few women call him back, how does he know which ones they are? If you do call him, how will he be able to distinguish one from the others?

Maybe that isn't the point. Maybe that's where he'd be all really mean and say something like "Yeah, right. You think I'd seriously be interested? It was just a game, honey." Cue lots of evil laughter. :(

Lost_in_reverie's photo
Mon 12/09/13 03:32 AM
Edited by Lost_in_reverie on Mon 12/09/13 03:32 AM

I guess this is the new wooing? spock
Instead of roses you get a piece of paper with his phone number.
Instead of trying to get in a girl's pants, they now try to get in our phones???

He's probably sat there with a group of guy friends talking about how many numbers they gave out and all sat around their phones waiting to see who gets a response first! I can imagine them laughing and slapping each other's backs... throwing money on the table for the "winner". Disgusting.

1 2 5 6 7 9 11 12 13 22 23