Community > Posts By > Lost_in_reverie

Lost_in_reverie's photo
Sun 12/08/13 03:48 PM

So many assume that condoms are 100% failsafe. Dont be that gal.

Just offering possibilities in reply to his confusion.

I'm very much aware of how they're not 100% safe (I believe it's 97%/98% depending on where you get your figures from, and only if used correctly). I also use the pill so, if I do decide to go down that route, I know I've reduced the chance of pregnancy. In terms of STIs, before sex with a guy, I've expected them to have been tested.

That's just me though. I know not everyone is that careful but I'm very proud of my sexual health and won't be taking the leap unless I'm sure I can trust the guy to be safe, even if it's casual.

I think that's really a matter of mutual respect though. You can get people in long-term relationships with far worse sexual histories than those who "sleep around". I know people who have caught diseases from their long-term partners, but others who have had unprotected sex with a stranger and been none the worse for wear. Not that I'm advocating, merely stating what I know to be the experiences of others or myself.

Lost_in_reverie's photo
Sun 12/08/13 03:35 PM

vd, herpes, aids, pregnancy, self esteem, morality....

Im the one thats usually suprised when they WILL go for the ie's.

That's where condoms come in, kitten (no pun intended). Self-esteem and morality are very much a personal thing though.

Lost_in_reverie's photo
Sun 12/08/13 03:29 PM

I've offered myself to the entire female population but for some reason they aren't giving themselves to me.

What's going on?

I don't think that this site covers the "entire female population", even if it is public. Maybe you should extend your hunting ground...

Lost_in_reverie's photo
Sun 12/08/13 03:21 PM

Consideration, respect, kindness, the understanding of reciprocity...I spose they all go hand in hand really.

^ This.

It's obviously a two-way street. I think it's important that there's an emotional and a mental connection also, in terms of a relationship. I want someone who's passionate about their life and their goals also. Guys that have no interest in life or getting the most from their life really bore me.

Lost_in_reverie's photo
Sun 12/08/13 02:16 PM

Your stepdad is onto something there...Personally, the guy would be dumb not to go back and make it clear.

I'd sit on it until you feel comfortable...Nothing worse than being uncomfortable.:wink:

Thanks, Fear. I expect it must be hard for a guy to pluck up the courage to do something like that, but I can't help feeling a little at odds with the fact I don't actually know him. If he's genuine, maybe he will be back and I can actually gauge interest then. I feel better about it now. :D

Lost_in_reverie's photo
Sun 12/08/13 01:55 PM

Ha ha, chase me big boy? I think not Lost, eh? bigsmile

Damn, and there was me getting all hot under the collar... ;)

Lost_in_reverie's photo
Sun 12/08/13 01:53 PM

You can block your number for added security, another thing you could do is the next time he comes in gauge his interest by asking when a good time to call would be.

I was selective in who I gave my number to...But it isn't uncommon for a guy who happens to be interested in an attractive young lady to give out his number. So, while it may be new to you, the concept isn't entirely new at all.

Hey...Can't be any stranger than having this conversation with an Anarchist A that has an odd cannibal fixation.

Best of luck.

Maybe I should lead with that question: "Do you have an odd cannibal fixation?" before he even gets chance to talk of anything else... haha.

I know it's not uncommon in general. Oh, I don't know what to think... I'll sleep on it and see how I feel about it tomorrow. I was trying to convince myself that it isn't any different to talking to someone online but I was talking to my stepdad about it and he was saying that if he's really interested, he'll be back for food or a drink again another day to make it clear he's interested.

Lost_in_reverie's photo
Sun 12/08/13 01:47 PM

What have you got against intimate encounters? I was going to send you lots of saucy messages.

haha. Thanks for the thought. I have nothing against them, I'm just not in the mood for one. Plus, the people who usually state they want intimate encounters have no interest in an actual conversation and I don't really go for sex-chat. xP

Lost_in_reverie's photo
Sun 12/08/13 01:42 PM
Edited by Lost_in_reverie on Sun 12/08/13 01:42 PM

Probably doesn't want to bother you at work.

I doubt he does it every place he goes, probably shy, hence why he told a coworker he liked you and didn't tell you. I guess you can take the risk and find out, or you can just ignore the attempt.

I'm really particular about who I give my number to so it makes me uncomfortable messaging someone I don't actually know. Most people in work don't even have my number!

He obviously knows where I work now, so he can just turn up at any time if he does want to pursue it, I'm just not really sure what to make of the whole number thing. It's all very new to me.

Thank you for your feedback :D

Lost_in_reverie's photo
Sun 12/08/13 01:38 PM

None of his posts do Lost? He thought I was a woman? Nearly keeled over laughing at that one! laugh laugh

Maybe your non-picture looks really effeminate? XD

Lost_in_reverie's photo
Sun 12/08/13 01:37 PM

Thinking what a twat I am: I had a tapas evening out last night and ... I EFFING FORGOT!!!
Had been looking forward to it for weeks, and I forgot!?!?! Booohoooooo

How can you forget tapas? I LOVE tapas too!

@all: I'm currently thinking about my two days off! Woo! Almost was persuaded to part ways with my day off tomo, but I held out. XD

Lost_in_reverie's photo
Sun 12/08/13 01:25 PM
I was at work today, spoke to some guy I've never met before for about a minute and another member of staff mentioned about how he was asking about me and if I was single. He then left his number on a little scrap of paper saying to this member of staff "I really like her".

What are your opinions on people (men or women) leaving their number when they don't actually know you? What's the likelihood of him doing that in pretty much every place he goes? He knows where I work, so it's not like I'm hard to find if he wants to get to know me...

Lost_in_reverie's photo
Sun 12/08/13 02:32 AM

I wonder whether Mingle pays ppl like Redmist to keep us entertained so we don't bugger off?
He posts these things on an average of once a week (guestimating here) then ppl trample each other to comment.
He's English, so the least we could do is form a queue:
"An Englishman, even if he is alone, forms an orderly queue of one."

Anyways, I think he's on Mingle's payroll. With Krupa gone, they needed someone else to entertain us.

It's so true! We get very confused when we go abroad and find people "cutting in". It makes you mumble and seethe - naturally we don't say anything loud enough to actually be heard.

Have you ever seen that movie Practical Magic? It's really great.

I love that film! Have you read the book? Actually quite a lot different, but if you can get over that it's equally a great read. I love the characters in the film though - the cop was a great idea!

Lost_in_reverie's photo
Sun 12/08/13 02:17 AM

Feel like skipping Christmas this year and running away

We are skipping Christmas this year. I'll most likely be working it (and many hours around it) and my mother's supposed to be working it. My family all have other commitments like new babies, etc. So we're just going out for a little meal on Boxing Day. That's it!

BAH HUMBUG! XD

Lost_in_reverie's photo
Sun 12/08/13 02:13 AM

I would be love to be conolised by those sexy eyes

Is doesn't even make any sense!? o.O

Lost_in_reverie's photo
Sat 12/07/13 04:56 PM

Think what you want but since I asked for help on writing messages I received 5 yes 5 more responses today so thank all of you for the help it really does work

I'm really glad it's working for you, Dave. Keep us posted!

Lost_in_reverie's photo
Sat 12/07/13 04:45 AM

@Lost I actually did complete the date. And wouldn't you know it... He was a terrible conversationalist! On the phone he was interesting! Face to face he talked of his stores he owned, the private school his kids were in and this fool had the unmitigated fall to ask me how much I paid for my townhouse!! Apparently he lives in a high end condocondonoway worst date EVER! I was seriously thinking of crawling out if the bathroom window... only reason I didn't cuz I stupidly decided to wear a dress to this disaster date...hell if I was going to rip my good dressnoway

So, if we see you with one of those oversized handbags to your next day, it'll clearly have emergency clothes, sensible shoes, a grapple hook and panic alarm!

It does sound like you're way better off without him. I think a lot of men seem to think that we ladies get off on a man with stacks of cash, and we'll ignore everything else. I actually find that mentality really off-putting, especially when they fail to wow me. I'd be convinced most of what he said was crap though.

Lost_in_reverie's photo
Sat 12/07/13 04:15 AM
Edited by Lost_in_reverie on Sat 12/07/13 04:18 AM

Thanks! I don't get it either? Do they think you'll fall in love with the great personality...but only if we gave them a chance??

Great personality: Yes. Liar: NO. That's my take on it anyway.

I've been fortunate enough that the people I've spoken to have been really honest about what may be perceived as their faults. I know disabilities are a big issue at times. Some people worry they'll be judged on that, but I like when people are honest about it.

I was chatting to a guy on another site who I got on with really well. After a few weeks he did tell me that he looks a bit "odd". He told me about a condition he had - Scoliosis. I met him anyway, despite his concerns, and we got on really well. It didn't turn out to be love, but he's a really nice guy and I enjoy his company when I do meet up with him.

Had he been a "catfish", I don't think I'd have had the same reaction though. I find as catfish-y as people are with me is saying that they're OK with friendship, but then turning up with roses or making it clear that they are actually hoping I'll change my mind...

Out of curiosity, Teebee, did you stick it out or did you leave straight away?

Lost_in_reverie's photo
Sat 12/07/13 03:40 AM

Been thinking about this for quite some time. I get the idea that men expect you to be exclusive once you get some exchange via PM going? As in: you're still in the barely getting to know each other phase, exploring, then you mention something on the forums about dating or a possibly date with a guy and suddenly the one you were talking to disappears.
Do men (and maybe women as well) expect you to be chaste and exclusive as soon as you get in touch via PM?
Should I put my life on hold when you're just exploring if something is going somewhere or not? With a man that doesn't even live in my country, so chances are slim.
Should I just lie and pretend I'm not talking to or seeing anyone in the meantime?
So as soon as I'm talking to someone via PM (just getting to know each other, having a bit of fun), I cannot mention, share, ask or talk about anything on the forums about a man or a possible date anymore? Feels like I'm in restraints before I'm even in a relationship?

I am the most loyal person in the world, once I'm in a relationship, I hardly ever date, have an as good as non-existing sex life, yet I have to (pretend to) be exclusive as soon as I've exchanged more than some 2, 3 PMs?
Isn't that a load of b*ll*(ks???

I suppose in the dating scene you can, maybe even should, have several irons in the fire, but you pretend to only have one?
I guess I'm just too open and honest for that kind of chit. Never been any good at this pretending and game-playing thing that's called "dating".
I'm probably doomed to remain single, lol

I don't think lying is the answer, but I think avoiding mentioning it is preferred unless they directly ask you. I know if I talk to someone and haven't been talking to them long, I don't expect them to just be talking to me (and, in some ways, I'd be concerned if they were just talking to me) but I tend to avoid asking as I know it's not pleasant to hear.

However, if it comes to meeting up with people and there's an expectation that we're working towards relationship material, I'd want that to be exclusive. I don't think I've ever actually broached the subject though, just the way things have developed seems to be clear it's a mutual exclusive arrangement. I'm not really sure how it ends up that way without a direct discussion though... I suppose it's more just being open about what it is you want and where you hope to be at some point, so a discussion of how many frogs they've been kissing before they met me wasn't necessary.

Lost_in_reverie's photo
Sat 12/07/13 03:31 AM

if they are on earth?

Where else do you think they would be?

Unless he's implying that it's not 'normal', in which case they may have been forced to colonise another planet...

1 2 7 8 9 11 13 14 15 22 23