Community > Posts By > Lost_in_reverie

Lost_in_reverie's photo
Wed 12/04/13 07:55 AM

That's kind of what I was getting at as well. Everybody likes to feel and think they're unique, and everyone is.
It could be interesting to find out why you feel you are more unique. Or have a stronger urge to differentiate.

I feel unique until I read through some of the posts on Lionsbrew's thread about people tooting their own horn. I found that the things that I felt made me unique were traits other people carried. That doesn't mean the combination of interests I have with my personality aren't unique, I just feel less of an individual when you find others are very similar. That's a good thing in that you realise you're not so alone, but a bad thing if you really like to push the whole "Hey, I'm different" button in people's faces.

Lost_in_reverie's photo
Wed 12/04/13 07:50 AM

I hardly get any spam on here.

You're one of the lucky ones then.

Lost_in_reverie's photo
Wed 12/04/13 07:47 AM

not many women would do that lol ,still believe it's the men who should ask them out - guess it bring off a " I am desperate vibe "smh how time have changed lol

I've found talking about activities I enjoy doing or somewhere I want to go but not being able to/have someone to go with to be a good way of giving the guy an opportunity to ask me to spend time with them without having to do the asking. If they don't ask, I know they're not interested and I don't have to suffer through rejection. Win-win. XD

Lost_in_reverie's photo
Wed 12/04/13 07:42 AM

When you're wrong, can/do you admit it? Or, are you one of those people who will deny being wrong, even if you know you're wrong?

I think it's important to be able to own up to mistakes. It's the best way to learn from them, as well as showing respect to the person you wronged.

I don't like being wrong (who does?) but in most cases I find it quite easy to admit I am and to apologise for it.

Lost_in_reverie's photo
Wed 12/04/13 02:13 AM
Time apart is good for you!

I think it's possible to work around it. I'm a bit of a mixed bag - I stay up late but I get up early. My ex would often like to doze for a little while in the morning, so I used to pull the laptop into bed and write for a while - we were still together, just doing different things.

My mum stays up late, my stepdad gets up early. They still spend time together before he goes to bed, and he takes a cup of tea up to her before he leaves for work. It doesn't seem to be a problem for them. They spend Sunday breakfast together though.

Lost_in_reverie's photo
Wed 12/04/13 02:10 AM

So actually most rich people are part of the illuminati? cause I heard that most of these famous people are a part of the illuminati.

I thought they were Scientologists...? It's that damn Tom Cruise's fault! Though, fortunately, he didn't want Simon Pegg: http://youtu.be/-LO4xWk7_cI

Lost_in_reverie's photo
Wed 12/04/13 02:01 AM
I thought it was hilarious when my friend told me he was a Pastafarian and worshipped the great, flying spaghetti monster of the sky. I thought he'd made it up until he linked me to it... XD

Lost_in_reverie's photo
Wed 12/04/13 01:54 AM
We were sub-contracting for the company Heyrod down there and working behind the Arndale Centre Lost. I've worked all over the UK, with my job, but Manchester, is some buzz? Best place i've worked in apart from my hometown Glasgow! :smile:

Aye, Manchester's pretty sound. I love how there's such a mixed bag of characters and interests. I'm yet to venture into Manchester and be bored. I could just sit on a bench and people-watch - so interesting! You could probably say that about a lot of cities really but Manchester will always have a special place in my heart, even if I move away, never to return.

Lost_in_reverie's photo
Wed 12/04/13 01:52 AM
I believe there are lots of guides actually on youtube that discuss that. The general consensus is that you work with what you have and build up from there when you realise what your limitations are.

There are videos put up that are from mobile phones, that are clear enough to do the job. If it's a simple video (ie/ just you talking/demonstrating something) it's best to have a room or section of a room that you can designate to filming and minimise outside noises. One guy basically just used his wardrobe and a blanket as a make shift sound booth xP

Best of luck!

Lost_in_reverie's photo
Wed 12/04/13 01:32 AM

This really hot girl tryed to ask me for my credit card lol

So I see the catfish lurk here too lol .. .

I'm sure she was just lost, FB (I joke)! Welcome to Mingle and I hope you find your way into more discussions. :D

Lost_in_reverie's photo
Wed 12/04/13 01:27 AM
Edited by Lost_in_reverie on Wed 12/04/13 01:28 AM

I used to stay just off Lapwing Lane, just down from the pub at the corner and the Lime Tree restaurant. The Tennis courts, were behind where I stayed Lost!

I've drove past there before... XD I live just down the the A34 (around Cheadle). That's as specific as I'm going to get since I still live there. :D

Lost_in_reverie's photo
Wed 12/04/13 01:24 AM

you've met the dept head at my job!!....lol (kidding)

I believe the whole place is full of them! They hide it well.

Lost_in_reverie's photo
Tue 12/03/13 05:49 PM
Edited by Lost_in_reverie on Tue 12/03/13 05:49 PM

That's because she just wants attention Lost and for daft guys to boost her spoilt little princess ego, that's all? Pain in the farter, if you ask me?

I figured that was the case. I'm sure those kinds of girlies get enough attention in the outside world, why do they have they have to clog up the forums here? Blurgh. Next thing you know, I'll find my bloody sister on here!! That'll be a barrel of laughs... NOT.

Lost_in_reverie's photo
Tue 12/03/13 05:28 PM
I agree...a man is a man,black,orange,blue or purple!

Goodluck

He's a one-eyed, one-horned, flying, purple people eater!

Lost_in_reverie's photo
Tue 12/03/13 04:11 PM

And do you think that the fact that they're "taken" has anything to do with the clicking, or is this just a roundabout way of saying that most single guys are losers and jerks?

I don't think single guys are jerks, I just think that guys in relationships tend to be much easier to talk to as there's no pressure.

Lost_in_reverie's photo
Tue 12/03/13 04:07 PM
Edited by Lost_in_reverie on Tue 12/03/13 04:09 PM

Okay. So I met this man online who is a truck driver. Owner/operator. And he is all I love you and he gives me the cash and all lovey dovey and this and that. Its all good. Then find out... he is still married.... also has womens in 5 other states..... I am like aw heck naw.... so are all truck driving mens like this... or is this isolated.... if any yall wanna see if this your man, hit me up on chat and I'll gladly smack you his name.....

It's certainly a stereotype but my last serious relationship was with a guy that ran his own haulage business (basically just drove up and down the UK in a van/lorry for two weeks at a time). I believe he was faithful though. It really depends on the man, not the profession, as I know it can get really lonely doing that kind of work. He'd get upset if I was busy whilst he was away and just wanted to talk. Our phone bills were huge!

Lost_in_reverie's photo
Tue 12/03/13 04:00 PM
The people I click with are usually taken *sigh*.

Lost_in_reverie's photo
Tue 12/03/13 03:53 PM
Edited by Lost_in_reverie on Tue 12/03/13 03:54 PM

I'm not disputing that but I do think that it's rude to call guys that talk to younger women pervs or peados, which is what this amounts to.

Just saying that I'm no more of a perv dating a girl half my age than I am dating someone in their forties. Someone saying on a public forum that they would feel like a peado if they did it really isn't any better. Kind of like me saying that I don't want catholics messaging me on dating sites and starting a thread about it. It's just unnecessary and if I put that on my profile even the women that weren't catholics probably wouldn't be too impressed and would think that it was prejudice, rather than preference.

I find the whole religion thing completely crackers anyway. There are so many threads started by people that basically attempt to tell the rest of us 'sinners' that we need to change our ways but yes, you're right, the minute we bite back it's as if we're intolerant.

The same goes here, people should feel free and able to express their views. If a person feels uncomfortable by someone's advances, they are well within their rights to open a discussion about it. Sometimes people just want to know they're not alone.

If you want to open a thread talking about how it annoys you that Catholics approach you, by all means do that. I don't recall you stating you'd prefer them not to on your profile though...

Lost_in_reverie's photo
Tue 12/03/13 03:41 PM
Edited by Lost_in_reverie on Tue 12/03/13 03:57 PM

Nah, this one wants to attract white men. I guess there's a secret formula for it. Strange, I never knew that before...:laughing:

And yeah, I stopped replying there too, it was a lost cause.

Ah, I see. I noticed the title but I figured it would be some form of trash.

Lost_in_reverie's photo
Tue 12/03/13 03:40 PM

Yes I can. If she's really married then change your profile. Why should guy waste their time. Her profile said looking for a good for a relationship it's deceiving. If she said it for rejection purposes then it's a lie. again I've been on other dating sites and never was told that in a reply. I have seen "update I'm seeing someone I'll see where it goes" in a profile

If I'm in a relationship, I don't tend to bother with most of these types of sites (which means no update). Like I said before, she may have just come on out of courtesy. Have you checked her profile? How would you know she was even on here frequently before you messaged?

1 2 10 11 12 14 16 17 18 22 23