Community > Posts By > Lost_in_reverie

Lost_in_reverie's photo
Thu 12/12/13 01:06 PM

laugh same here!

WOMAN! What you doing all way over in NJ?? No girly nights out for us then... I'm terribly disappointed in you.

Lost_in_reverie's photo
Thu 12/12/13 01:03 PM
And I now have a friend request from someone I don't know that says this:

"Am new here i just come across your account and am interested in what i read and a little i just know about you, and i would like to know much of you than here,please baby am not here to decieve you or play game with you i swear,please accept me for who i am but i want you to know love really matter,if you allow me to say this baby not by age or where you from,please and thank you."

I think it's the "baby" more than anything else that gets my goat. I'm nobody's "baby". What right does he have to call me it? :angry:

"Guys...wtf?" indeed!

Lost_in_reverie's photo
Thu 12/12/13 12:59 PM

I'm with ya!!drinks

That works for me! I can also swear on my fluffy bedsocks that I'm not a sweaty, grossly overweight man so no nasty surprises here... :wink:

Lost_in_reverie's photo
Thu 12/12/13 12:57 PM
Edited by Lost_in_reverie on Thu 12/12/13 12:57 PM

If you want to work on goals yourself, you might want to look into a PDP (Personal Development Plan) and preferably one that includes SMART analysis as well. You can do a SMART analysis for short term and one for long term goals. Both can be found on the net.

I'm familiar with PDPs and SMART from previous workplaces and courses I've undertaken.

Thank you for the book recommendation!

I'm also glad our conversation has benefited you - happy exploring!

Lost_in_reverie's photo
Thu 12/12/13 12:50 PM
Edited by Lost_in_reverie on Thu 12/12/13 12:50 PM
UPDATE:

On my way off shift today, 'the guy' was there! *shocked face* I said "hello", since I've very civilised, then went to grab my things. When I went outside, I found him loitering around in the dark carpark, which unsettled me a little. Fortunately a colleague was with me.

Lost_in_reverie's photo
Thu 12/12/13 12:47 PM

Some guys can be perverts Im sorry they are doing that to you I hope you find what your looking for

Or assume us girlies are? XD

@Teebee: I know! I'm clearly nuts to pass. I'm going to be alone forever, which doesn't sound like such a bad thing if that's all I have to look forward to. drinker

Lost_in_reverie's photo
Thu 12/12/13 12:32 PM
Edited by Lost_in_reverie on Thu 12/12/13 12:33 PM

:smile: Just be vereeee vereeee vereeee quiet,there she is??? Oh heck a young one,gotta let her go,dang though cute and playful--out of range!!grumble Darn,out of country too!mad flowerforyou Maby a wittle bait?????laugh Point being "Just Have Fun"!:tongue:

I expect young ones aren't so tasty in stews :wink:

Lost_in_reverie's photo
Thu 12/12/13 12:29 PM
And if it's not penises, it's marriage, if it's not marriage it's messages like this:

"I have not time to write.....my spoke english is well,not perfect but better than wrote...i'll like to meet you.....not know,i arrived a few weeks ago and now i,m too busy...my pc is broken and can't upload photos from my phone...if you want known more about me send something back????????"

Their location is listed as England... hmm... Don't think I'll be messaging back.

Lost_in_reverie's photo
Thu 12/12/13 03:22 AM
Edited by Lost_in_reverie on Thu 12/12/13 03:23 AM
Ok, I'm going to work through a couple of points:

*The pictures. They are obviously the first thing people see and both have a similar expression (that looks something akin to a "trout pout"). Your profile picture should really be YOU - hopefully YOU are someone who is natural, approachable, happy... these are the qualities that people tend to look for in a profile picture.

*Your profile. What profile? You have nothing but the standard adjectives that about 99% of the dating world use. WHO are you? WHAT do you love to do? WHY should a person spend their time getting to know you? Tell us a little about your interests, what you do in your free time, what movies are you into, what music do you love, what your goals in life are...

You don't have to write about all those things but the best way for a person to want to get to know you is to know a little about you to then ask about.

Best of luck!

Lost_in_reverie's photo
Thu 12/12/13 03:15 AM

Coaching is cool, short & sweet, ppl that can be motivated etc.

Ok, with that in mind (particularly since this topic was set up about a book dealing with what we want to feel when goal setting), what books or teachings would be your go-to-guide when looking at aspirations and attitudes? Who would you reference when coaching?

Lost_in_reverie's photo
Thu 12/12/13 02:09 AM

Don't do them often, but mostly on intuitive development. Teaching ppl to ground, feel their and/or other's aura, become aware of their own chakras, cleanse their energy system (aura & chakras).
The last one I did was on Love (of self). Finished it of with sound-healing with my shaman instruments which was an overwhelming success :tongue: (was the first time I did that for other ppl, so I was quite nervous about it, haha) --> Shaman drum, ocean drum, wind roarer, chimes etc. No singing bowls. Can do that too, but the shaman instruments have a wonderful (and different) effect.
Have done workshops for special events, i.e. the Venus Transit of 2011 (think it was 2011). Very particular energy at the time cause of the transit. So I tune in to that.
Just love doing workshops! (I actually should do it more often)

For some reason I thought you was going to say it was an education-based workshop. Sounds like you have a lot of fun though!

I hope you manage to arrange more for you to enjoy :D

Lost_in_reverie's photo
Thu 12/12/13 02:03 AM

:smile: After you get through the scammers on here, It may take years& years& years& years, but just wait by your computer your time "may" eventually come?shhhhhhh i'm hunting a wabbottt! laugh

Pesky wabbits needs wots of cawwots... drinker

Lost_in_reverie's photo
Thu 12/12/13 12:43 AM

Yeah, tricky thing with seminars and the likes is that if you don't really understand a subject yet, you cannot explain how it works either, not really well anyways.
I know from experience, having coached ppl and sometimes I do workshops (as in workshop leader).
There's a word for it, not sure in English, I think you'd say you do not own the subject yet? It's just knowledge that your brain is still trying to understand, it hasn't really sunk in yet. Next step is truly understanding it, then it's wisdom instead of knowledge and the third step is also being able to explain to others how it works (owning it?)
With this part on the divine feminine/masculine it felt as if she hadn't reached that last level yet.
(hope it makes sense what I'm trying to explain, lol)
Also noticed how she tried to answer a couple of questions and fumbled her way through, not really clearly explaining at all.
ANd yeah, I'm a nitpicker, once a teacher always a teacher, hihi

No, I totally understand what you mean. Are you referring to mastering a subject? I've certainly noticed a difference in being able to recite an answer and knowing the answer based on my own dealings with education.

What kind of workshops do you do?

Lost_in_reverie's photo
Wed 12/11/13 04:14 PM

Hi, teebee!

I think we all have those favourite pictures that are a few years old showing us enjoying life but, when presented with a bunch of current pictures, it shouldn't be a problem as they can see how similar or different you are easily.

For example, the picture of me in Jackson on a horse and in a party hummer in Vegas are about 4 years old. The differences between them and my current pictures are that I've lost weight and I have shorter hair. Other than that, I don't think I actually look drastically different.

Sounds like you've made a lucky break!

Lost_in_reverie's photo
Wed 12/11/13 04:04 PM

hey, I can only speak for myself, haha. I've been busy with intuitive and personal development and growth for god knows how long, recently got into psychology as well, and then you bump into the same stuff she's talking about.
If it appeals to you, just go for it, follow your own instincts and intuition :) (NR1 rule in life!)
flowerforyou

I'm definitely adopting some of her questions to how I view goal-setting and such, as that seems to help.

I can certainly understand how much of what she is saying probably is re-packaged forms of earlier guides. I guess that's what a lot of people do - they just put their own spin on it.

Lost_in_reverie's photo
Wed 12/11/13 02:58 PM

I listened to another 15 minutes then shut it down. I get the feeling she doesn't really understand everything she's talking about herself. Her explanation of the divine masculine and feminine for instance. She's just fumbling her way through and doesn't make much sense of it at all.
Well, glad I checked it out, I ain't gonna buy the book, lol.
There's so many better books available. And yeah, I've been busy with this stuff for years, maybe that's why, dunno.
But each to his own, we all have our own personal ways of learning and absorbing info :)
And I enjoyed investigated a bit of it
flowerforyou

For me I just wondered if there was anything more to learn from purchasing the book than what she'd already described. From what you say, it sounds like that's not the case at all. Objective met! XD

Lost_in_reverie's photo
Wed 12/11/13 02:29 PM

Hmmzzz,,, I'm 12 minutes in the 1 hour workshop and already dozing off. What she's doing so far is what I've been doing for years. Analyzing why something is a certain way by asking yourself why, what, how, who, etc. so you dig and dig and dig till you get to the core of an issue.
In intuitive/ spiritual circle that can also be regarded as inner child work, in psychology (Jung) it's called shadowwork.
I'll try to finish the workshop, but I think it's exactly what I thought; old news. whoa

If it's something you've already been doing, then fab :D

I find I normally get so fixated on tasks and to-do lists that I forget about why I'm doing them. Ultimately stressing myself out with the workload. Nice to be reminded about how I should be approaching those things, even if it is supposed to be common sense.

Her voice is the kind of voice that would work well on sleep hypnosis tapes though! XD

Lost_in_reverie's photo
Wed 12/11/13 02:24 PM
Edited by Lost_in_reverie on Wed 12/11/13 02:24 PM

Your profile name creeps~me out to say the least.

BIG Daddy sauce?

Lost_in_reverie's photo
Wed 12/11/13 02:17 PM
The great thing about being good friends with lots of people from the opposite sex? They have friends too and, providing you stay true to yourself, they (particularly women) will LOVE the opportunity to set you up with their friends. At the very least they will put in good words for you if one of their friends see you and is interested in you.

Invite some of those new girlfriends out with you and your friends, encourage them to bring a friend. Basically, enjoy female company - let them see you in your element, having fun, etc.

You'll find someone you really connect with at some point, but that's most likely only going to happen when you relax and enjoy yourself.

Lost_in_reverie's photo
Wed 12/11/13 01:44 PM

I actually like that the book doesn't seem to be a mystery. She pretty much tells what the book is about and gives you the basic tools without owning the book, but the book is designed as kind of a workbook. If you're on her actual website there's an hour workshop session where she answers questions and talks about the book and how you essentially read through it one way, flip the book, and work through the activities. Sounds interesting anyway, I just wondered if anyone had read it know if there's anymore to learn from it than what she's already talked about.

One of my exes swore by the Secret, didn't appeal to me though.

The books hasn't been released yet, you can pre-order. So if you want feedback, you'll have to wait, :tongue:
The activities is what doesn't appeal to me that much. I prefer insights and info. I like to do things my own way. Maybe I'll check out that video.

Pre-ordering from the States (Amazon) is very cheap now though. Including shipping it's E6 cheaper than pre-ordering in Holland and the UK is even worse.
I'm thinking about it. But probably first check out that video.

I'm sure I've seen lots of the feedback from being last year... oh well. There's actually a sneak peek (21 minutes) of the audiobook here: http://www.daniellelaporte.com/thedesiremap/

1 2 3 4 5 6 8 10 11 12 22 23