Community > Posts By > Lost_in_reverie

Lost_in_reverie's photo
Fri 12/27/13 02:38 PM
Edited by Lost_in_reverie on Fri 12/27/13 02:40 PM

That sounds like fun, especially if he's cute.

He's a nice guy in work but I don't think he's someone I'd want to be involved with. Plus I don't like personal life and work mixing. He also has a kid who's only 8 years younger than me. I really have no idea how old he is though. I suppose none of that would matter if there was a spark of some kind, but I really don't feel that. I know work's not the best place for that to develop but as far as I can be a judge of such things, it's not there.

Lost_in_reverie's photo
Fri 12/27/13 02:32 PM
How awkward it's going to be at work now the rumours have started to spread of a colleague having a crush on me... scared

Lost_in_reverie's photo
Fri 12/27/13 02:30 PM

I thought the same thing when I first heard of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. I was like what??? But it's actually a thing, has a page on Wikipedia and everything.laugh

I know! It's all very official. I think a few of that group of friends actually planned to put it on those census documents when they ask about religions. Isn't that what people planned to do to make 'Jedi' an official religion too?

Lost_in_reverie's photo
Thu 12/26/13 01:29 PM
All the fun stuff I want to plan for 2014. Where's the fun if you don't at least start the year thinking positively? So, with that in mind, I believe 2014 is the year I get my **** together!

Anyone with me?

Lost_in_reverie's photo
Wed 12/25/13 04:36 PM

i've been really good this year, so i asked santa for a tablet. this was in my christmas stocking frustrated

Looks like you have plenty of paper to practice making a very specific list for next year. Don't forget the product codes/order numbers! Got to make it easy for the old guy. :wink:

Lost_in_reverie's photo
Wed 12/25/13 04:15 PM

Yes Lost_in_reverie,
The only option is to limit the messages
you receive by distance in your filters here:

http://mingle2.com/inbox/filters

If you don't want any messages from a particular user
simply block them & if they send you inappropriate
or harassing emails, be sure to report them as well.

Thank you for the reply. I don't want to use the distance filter as a lot of the people I do talk to are from the US, which would be excluded if I did use a distance filter.

I do utilise the block/report buttons where appropriate but I obviously have to receive those messages first, which I dislike.

Thank you anyway, Journeyman. x

Lost_in_reverie's photo
Wed 12/25/13 03:24 PM
I know there is an option to select a certain distance, but is there an option to select specific countries? I have no problems talking to people from other countries, but I (and I'm sure many others) receive an overwhelming amount of messages from Nigeria and India particularly. Whilst there are some people I've spoken to in the forums from those regions and moved into private messages with few concerns, most of the unsolicited messages make me feel uncomfortable.

Are there filters like that in place? Or is it a case of make do with the messages I get or select a specific distance?

Lost_in_reverie's photo
Wed 12/25/13 11:40 AM

Perhaps attitude has something to do with having (or not having) a crisis?

:thumbsup:

I suspect this is pretty spot on. Obviously, health and circumstance do affect what people can do or have been able to do, but attitude is no doubt the big factor that decides whether a person makes changes for the better, according to what they want to do with their life, or whether they just "freak out" at various stages.

Lost_in_reverie's photo
Wed 12/25/13 11:31 AM

Nah, my mate uses old knickers to dry his car off Lost! Haven't tried it myself though as I just put it through the car wash? Easier and quicker!

I know of people using t-shirts as rags, but not knickers! That's just gross.

Lost_in_reverie's photo
Wed 12/25/13 11:17 AM

Yeah, but i'm using your knickers to dry the car! laugh laugh

I hope you don't follow with "airing the dirty laundry"? scared

Lost_in_reverie's photo
Wed 12/25/13 10:28 AM

Maybe 75% of the women that YOU'VE been with did that? You can't tar 3 quarters of US women with the same brush, judged solely on your own experiences? Think you must be attracting the wrong kind o woman, or maybe it's you? Who knows?

drinker

:thumbsup:

Lost_in_reverie's photo
Tue 12/24/13 12:49 PM
Edited by Lost_in_reverie on Tue 12/24/13 12:49 PM

I have those from being a smoker for so long. I can totally sympathise with that. I have to go to sleep soon so I can go to work tonight. so no alcohol for me or stunning lass to kiss under the mistletoe tonight.

I'm not a smoker, just poorly, but it definitely sounds like I'm a hardcore smoker!

Nope, no stunning girlies for me either. I'm off to bed now, before 9pm! Then I'm in work tomorrow.

Sleep well, Mr Brew. I hope your shift goes well drinker

Lost_in_reverie's photo
Tue 12/24/13 12:37 PM

I think that should do the trick. The alcohol will at least help you sleep earlier.laugh

That's what I'm hoping! Think I've slept a grand total of about 6 hours over 3 days, if that. I hate those chesty coughs :cry:

Lost_in_reverie's photo
Tue 12/24/13 12:33 PM
Edited by Lost_in_reverie on Tue 12/24/13 12:34 PM

Thinking you could use a hot cup of cocoa a bubble bath and a handsome masseuse who can give you a nice foot rub.flowerforyou

That certainly would be nice. :thumbsup:

Since I was sent home about 6 hours early for clearly not being well, and the masseuse wasn't available when I needed him, I've took a dose of cold&flu, had two brandies and now onto a southern comfort hot choc with marshmallows before I go to bed super early. Do you think that'll work instead?

Lost_in_reverie's photo
Tue 12/24/13 12:19 PM
Thinking it doesn't look good when you're so burnt out you burst into tears in work... oops

Lost_in_reverie's photo
Tue 12/24/13 03:31 AM

feeling like crap due to sore throat !!! I feel a cold coming on......grumble

Did you catch it from me? blushing

Lost_in_reverie's photo
Tue 12/24/13 03:31 AM
Edited by Lost_in_reverie on Tue 12/24/13 03:32 AM

Is this guy for real Lost? He really knows how to sweep a woman off her feet, eh? Ha ha ha. Like the new pic though? Look a bit like Kate Winslet in it I think? flowerforyou

I'm afraid so. That was a direct quote from the message I got. The only bits I missed out were him talking about the country he worked in really. He actually sent two messages but the endings were different, which makes me think that it's a copy and paste jobby.

Thank you! I was quite proud of how this picture turned out since I only took it last night, though I've no idea now what possessed me to take it. I was feeling really ill but was going out to meet a friend - my fevered cheeks looks like a healthy glow! haha.

Lost_in_reverie's photo
Tue 12/24/13 03:04 AM
Edited by Lost_in_reverie on Tue 12/24/13 03:05 AM
Thinking about how there must be something wrong with me if I don't go all mushy over inbox messages that declare a desperate need for clean, non-racists to love whilst they live many, many miles away... Either that, or I'm unclean and prone to discriminate... Someone shed some light?

[...]Pls,I am ready to go into a serious relationship with a responsible and hygienic girl irrespective of her tribe,religion and country. I am an easy going guy and down to earth. I am always funny and as well be serious if necessary. I will like to know u and will be very happy if u can abolish that mentality of discrimination[...]

Lost_in_reverie's photo
Mon 12/23/13 02:52 PM
Edited by Lost_in_reverie on Mon 12/23/13 02:53 PM

aweflowerforyou feel better soon! I work it too! Doesn't change what day it is! Merry Christmas!

Thank you! I feel better for going out and spending time with a friend, but still sucks that Christmas isn't going to be much fun this year. I haven't even had time to fuss with home made presents like I'd normally do. Managed to squeeze some baking of cakes and cookies, but that's it.

I hope you enjoy the festive period, even if you're working too! drinker

Lost_in_reverie's photo
Mon 12/23/13 07:04 AM
Edited by Lost_in_reverie on Mon 12/23/13 07:05 AM

I'm thinking TOMORROW IS CHRISTMAS EVE!:banana:

Thanks for the reminder.

Now I'm thinking about how I'm back in work tomorrow and Christmas day, despite being sick. :cry:

1 2 4 6 7 8 9 22 23