Community > Posts By > Lost_in_reverie

Lost_in_reverie's photo
Thu 12/19/13 01:50 PM

I think I'm actually on the mend:smile: Yeah.. I cry a bit, complain a bit... but I'm much better than I was!
Having a wish to kick him in the nuts is normal, Right?
I REALLY belive I can OFFICIALLY move on, if I can do this!
He'd be hurt and writhing on the ground... and that would be symbolic of our relationship.
And I could simply walk away.... without seeing if he's ok, if he needs help gettng up. Nothing.

It feels Really good just saying the words!drinker

The problem I have with this is that he then knows he's gotten to you. Some guys seem to get off on knowing they've made an impact. Unless he gives you reason to kick him, like having the audacity to ask for another chance, I'd say take it out on a punch bag/pillow/mattress... etc then move on from it. He's not worth your time.

Lost_in_reverie's photo
Thu 12/19/13 01:47 PM

Cheating is one of the few given deal breakers for me. Move on, no revenge needed because you are better off. You are beautiful and will find someone who values your worth enough not to step out.

This.

I can forgive a lot of things, I can even forgive calling me a nasty name out of anger, because of a hot temper, but the effort it takes to actually go out and **** another woman, no way. I don't forgive that. Unless you literally tripped and fell into her vagina, over and over again for an hour, there is no excuse. If you're not getting enough sex at home, discuss it or leave. If you're pissy about something and want revenge, again, discuss it or leave. Or if you're the sort who can't commit and needs a variety (I've heard that ******** a lot) then don't commit to one woman, remain single, so you're not cheating. Seems pretty simple to me, but I see everything in black and white, there is no gray in my world.

drinker

Lost_in_reverie's photo
Thu 12/19/13 01:40 PM
What would YOU do? Are you like Mom, Go get help and work it out?
Like, my sister.. get revenge but stick with him?

NO ONE should be like my CRAZY friend... noway

Are most of you like me? Man or Woman... if they screw up this big.. no 2nd chances.

I've not yet encountered anyone who has a legitimate excuse for cheating, so I wouldn't be inclined to forgive and forget (or seek counselling, as your mother suggested).

There may be very special situations where a person isn't ready to let go. Maybe there's a child involved, they've been together for a long time, etc... and, for those reasons, a person decides to 'work' on the relationship to see if anything is worth salvaging. I personally think it's down to the individual to decide what's best for them, but that doesn't mean you have to accept being treated like a doormat.

In terms of your situation, I actually think anger and harbouring ill feelings towards people is toxic and will turn you into a very bitter person. I think the best thing you can do for yourself is to let it go. If you can, forgive him for his weakness but don't forget. Don't allow yourself to be weak and take him back. Just forgive him but remind yourself that you're worth more: more love, more loyalty, more passion, more respect. The more you believe that, that more likely it is you'll get that.

Lost_in_reverie's photo
Thu 12/19/13 01:08 PM
Edited by Lost_in_reverie on Thu 12/19/13 01:12 PM

If you're keen and actually show an interest in them you're being "pushy" and it's "pressure" but if you act like you're not that bothered they suddenly want to date you. Then they complain about there being a lack of genuine guys and how they keep ending up with jerks that can't really be bothered.

You could flip the gender and suddenly you have a woman who throws herself at guys (a whore? Needy?) or a woman who's cold and distant... Either way, you can't win. You need a balance.

Saying you want a genuine guy doesn't mean you have to settle for the first guy who says he is. We're allowed standards, you know?

I don't recall ever complaining I keep ending up with jerks - I tend to spot then and steer clear, which is why I'm single. I'm not settling for less than I feel I deserve.

As the other ladies have mentioned, a man who can look after himself, has respect for himself, women and his home, etc... are all things I want to be a part of who he is. If it isn't, he's not for me. But I won't be forcing anyone to change. If they don't step up, I'll be stepping off. No nagging from me - I have better things to do with my time.

I expect the list of prospective fellas dwindles down as they check off their mental list as to what it is they want (I'm no model, I don't dress like a doll etc...) so we're left with a realistic figure as to possible compatibles. You then have to look at whether the remaining ones are actually compatible...

Lost_in_reverie's photo
Thu 12/19/13 01:56 AM

This thread doesn't reveal my character at all, but if you think it does than go ahead. The reason I discussed this is because my girlfriend and I were discussing race and why here father wouldn't like me(he's black) and he wants his daughter to date black guy, and she knows he wouldn't accept me because i'm white. But she says she has a preference for white guys, so really no guy that she likes can she feel comfortable bringing home(if he's white).

The reason I posted it from my perspective is because if I said I don't feel accepted because of my white skin-color I would get crucified on here and people saying "you have no idea what it's like...don't pretend you know how minorities feel" or something to that respect.

I understand people have strong feelings on the issue(as they should) but i was curious to see the general reactions of what people think and why saying someone may be more attracted to one skin-tone over another, just as someone may be more attracted to one eye-color or another. I understand black comes in all different shades, and I never said I would rule someone out just because the color of their skin, I simply said I may don't find most black girls attractive(or really my girlfriend saying she doesn't find most black guys attractive, but it was translated to be from my perspective)

I do get really annoyed with people holding onto this idea that a person needs to fit the criteria before they'll even be considered. The way I see it, if your previous relationships haven't worked then maybe it's time you moved away from that "type". The clincher is whether you're attracted to other people though. You can't force yourself to fall for someone you're not attracted to on some level. As it's been said before, everyone has preferences but none of that is set in stone. It's entirely possible you could find yourself falling for someone not of your "type".

In terms of your issue with your girlfriend's father - not an easy situation to be in at all! It may be that he learns to accept you when he eventually meets you, but you can't force him to change his mind. He has to choose to give you a chance, and see you're good for his daughter, just like anyone else has to open their tiny minds to see there are many beautiful personalities out there in the world.

Best of luck!

Lost_in_reverie's photo
Thu 12/19/13 01:47 AM
Sad because when you put a bunch of very young kids together they could care less about race and you don't see the labels that are later applied usually out of spite and jealousy. .

Or children do notice and comment on it, but it's out of curiosity than any sense of malice. For example, if they grow up in an environment where they don't tend to meet anyone of other races until they reach school. I know my niece was curious when she started school and one of her new friends was a black girl - she was mystified by the difference in skin colour, but it was just one of life's many wonders for her.

The problem I have noticed these days is not of race, but of size. Due to all this media attention over weight and size, my niece has developed a very negative view of bigger people and makes not so nice comments about people who are chubby in a class. She's 8 now and talks like a teenager about not wanting to put weight on, like it's something to be scared of.

Lost_in_reverie's photo
Thu 12/19/13 01:28 AM

This one was 48, so my age range, from the States.
Even if my filters were set up tight, he would've gotten through.

Wasn't there a film where the guy had to marry someone pronto so he'd inherit the millions? It could be you, lady... drinker

Lost_in_reverie's photo
Sat 12/14/13 11:35 PM

seems I'm not a woman. What's going on in the world?

Guys are getting dumber.

haha. He seems that way.

Another thing is he is shy to talk to girls face to face that is why he has left his number on the table without even knowing your name

He knew my name as I have to wear a name tag at work, which is how he was able to specify to my colleague who the number was for.

Generally speaking had this guy gone about the initial approach a little different I would have a lot different vibe about it.
[...]
I don't mix business and pleasure. My private life is VERY private.

Exactly my thoughts! I'm happy to talk to random people, but it is my work space and I don't like that he's involved colleagues in his approach. Especially since I didn't really have the opportunity to talk to him. I'm not calling someone when I don't know them. I don't even give my number out on nights out unless I get a really good feeling about someone.

And I'm so private that I've been at this new work place about 6 weeks and very few of them even knew I was single!

Lost_in_reverie's photo
Sat 12/14/13 05:43 PM

This one female comedian talked about being at a party and she was getting ready to go home when this guy after talking to her for a bit asked her for a ride home. She replied she didn't know him and so she wasn't comfortable with doing that. The guy's reply was "You would be a lot prettier if you were nicer." Her thoughts were something like, gee thanks. But I don't know how important me being pretty is going to be when I'm a head rolling around in the trunk of my car.

I was just thinking about that joke because of this thread and figured it fit pretty well.

It is a shame that you can't really know you're right unless you're injured or dead though...

In other news, random guy I liked tonight didn't seem interested (may have been 'involved'?). Really young guy who was a pushy chav was interested... but not my type (what with being pushy, for a start). Was dancing with a random guy and had a laugh, then he started complaining that women ignored him... seems I'm not a woman. What's going on in the world?

*sigh*

Oh well, have to be at worrk in like... 7 hours. twatbags.

Lost_in_reverie's photo
Sat 12/14/13 02:48 AM

Maybe it was. If it happens again you'll know for sure. I just hope he doesn't find where you live. If he shows up there then you really need to file a report. I would say you could take the guys phone number and the police may be able to find out who he is without much effort. Especially if he's on parole or probation, He would have to have contact info for his officer to get a hold of him if he needed too. As Star said it's better to get this documented now rather then later.

Is this why men tend not to approach women much these days? For fear of being considered a nut-job? XD

I kind of feel bad that he may just be very lonely or feeling a little desperate and just trying to reach out to a friendly face... only to find it's not reciprocated in the manner he wishes.

I didn't really sense any malicious intention from him, so I don't think I'm going to pursue the situation in terms of reporting him. I just didn't feel comfortable, that's all. I know that sounds conflicting, and it's difficult to explain...

Lost_in_reverie's photo
Sat 12/14/13 01:36 AM

I can't even remember what triggered it when I first started reading this thread. But I couldn't help but to think of how it seemed like a stalker move. The whole thing of him being outside in the parking lot is certainly creepier.

It probably was just a coincidence like being parked there or something, but it did startle me a little. I'm not really one for taking those kind of risks. I prefer to believe the best of people, but I'm not stupid.

But I don't blame you for feeling the way you do or did. That is probably your instinct telling you something isn't right. It's part of your need to survive. Listen to that little voice in your head and it will usually tell you what you need to do.

Thank you, Izzy. I know it's a little sad that I almost feel like I need those assurances that it's OK to be cautious. A sign of the world we're living in? Just look at Gossipmpm's post that basically says I should be grateful for the attention.

You would think someone sober and of appropriate age would be welcomed then...Unless of course you are interested in the drunk and really old type.

@Fear: Nope, I'm not into either.

I would still file a report with your local police department. At least then you have the early documentation if he ramps up the behavior. Give them the phone number. If you are lucky he has outstanding warrants or he is violating a probation or parole. I would take it serious enough to do a little more than avoid him. Because he has already tested you to see if you would check him on line for a record and you didn't so he thinks you won't go tot he cops which you should.

@PacificStar48: I only have his first name to go off. People at work are aware of what he looks like, so I'm sure someone will let me know if he turns up again. At least it's a public place! Certainly not as bad as the guy that pulled up in his car twice over a 2 year period and going on about how he'd seen me around, which days and times, which route I took and how he wanted to take me out. Don't think that guy realised I recognised him though... that was really odd. Shame I wasn't close enough to his car to get the REG - I'd have reported that!

Lost_in_reverie's photo
Fri 12/13/13 05:52 PM

huh huh

mine profile.actually frm banglore .good looking.virgin.want to date

Take note of the punctuation:

It's his profile.
He's actually from Banglore.
He's good looking.
He's a virgin.
He wants to date.

Don't you feel lucky?

Lost_in_reverie's photo
Fri 12/13/13 05:28 PM
Edited by Lost_in_reverie on Fri 12/13/13 05:29 PM

Damn, didn't take too long to throw him against the wall and flash a spotlight on him, eh?

He left his number, showed up again to display interest...And you grab a can of f*ing mace, figuratively speaking of course. This is why I quit bothering with women entirely, s*, even at the beginning you're being scrutinized and I haven't even gotten into my legal history yet.

F* that s*.

I can't help being jumpy. Not used to strangers showing interest unless they're drunk or really old.

@paintecards: go on, what was you going to say?

Lost_in_reverie's photo
Fri 12/13/13 01:11 AM

That is pretty creepy and bit stalkerish by the sounds of it. Just please be careful. frown

Thanks, Chris.

I'm trying to convince myself that it was just a coincidence he left at the same time, but I'll certainly be on my guard however harmless he may seem.

Lost_in_reverie's photo
Thu 12/12/13 02:40 PM
Edited by Lost_in_reverie on Thu 12/12/13 02:41 PM

"What do you do?" is the mother of loaded questions.

I think you've just nailed why I baulked at accepting some stranger's number. That was essentially his first question to me. It sounded like he was judging me for where I worked.

Lost_in_reverie's photo
Thu 12/12/13 01:42 PM

It's all true! even better, I'm a South Jersey girl... close to the shore!winking

I'll bring a bikini!

Lost_in_reverie's photo
Thu 12/12/13 01:25 PM

Oh Of Coarse!!! biggrin I may not be able to hold on to a man... but I throw a KIK AZZ get together!shades

I'm totally holding you to that! I've heard the Joisey girls are a riot!

Lost_in_reverie's photo
Thu 12/12/13 01:22 PM

Don't know why guys are sending photos of their dobbers, when they're hung like a Flea? Idiots give the rest of us a bad name!

On the upside, we know which fellas are worth pursuing... :wink:

@teebee: I know, right? I feel so special! haha.

@Ouizee: I think my chat is disabled. Hate that ****. You always get creeps on that.

Lost_in_reverie's photo
Thu 12/12/13 01:20 PM

Hahaha!! Sorry to disappoint... but I do love being a Joisey Girl!
laugh

However, I may not travel to meet a man.... but I'd certainly travel for a party!winking

If I ever get my butt over to your neck of the woods, I hope you plan to look after me! drinker

Lost_in_reverie's photo
Thu 12/12/13 01:13 PM
Edited by Lost_in_reverie on Thu 12/12/13 01:14 PM

And then.... ??????

...I drove my colleague home? :S

1 2 3 4 5 7 9 10 11 22 23