Community > Posts By > TBRich

TBRich's photo
Mon 01/26/15 08:09 AM
I am well known for walking up to anybody and start talking, it is harder over the internet though. First thing is not to care about the response

TBRich's photo
Mon 01/26/15 08:06 AM
My rip-off lying snake scum divorce attorney just got arrested for being a rip-off lying snake scum divorce attorney (and her whole family too!)

I just pissed myself in joy! Now to the loo. Return to your regular activities

TBRich's photo
Wed 01/21/15 04:50 PM

Something to compliment that reference at Isaiah 54:9...

Genesis 9: 12-17

For the mountains may be taken away, and the hills be moved out of their places, but my love will not be taken from you, or my agreement of peace broken, says the Lord, who has had mercy on you.

Isaiah 54:10

I am sorry that I am not versed enough to quote the Quran as easily.

Yes, it is generally used for malaria

TBRich's photo
Wed 01/21/15 03:57 PM
Interestingly, for most of my adult life I have craved quinine which is one of the main treatments.

TBRich's photo
Wed 01/21/15 03:45 PM

TB Rich, have You got whatever it is that Davidben1 has got?

(I'm getting concerned)

LOL, no, however the strokes I have had appear to have left me with PBA and it makes me unusually emotional which is sometimes very difficult to hide. LOL- I feel like a woman! Agggh and on her period! Apparently it takes a while for the treatment to take effect. Plus, every doctor who has seen MRIs of my brain appear more interested in the fact that it is covered in spots-Chronic Traumatic Brain Injury or some such nonsense, apparently too many concussions from my fighting days.

TBRich's photo
Wed 01/21/15 03:38 PM

Am looking for a God fearing woman who will be ready to spend the rest of her life with me as we take the journey of righteousness together.

Really? Whereas, like Cat Stevens:

I'm looking for a hard headed woman,
One who will take me for myself,
And if I find my hard headed woman,
I will need nobody else, no, no.

One who will make me do my best,
And if I find my hard headed woman
I know the rest of my life will be blessed -- yes, yes, yes.

I know a lot of fancy dancers,
people who can glide you on a floor,
They move so smooth but have no answers.
When you ask "Why'd you come here for?"
"I don't know" "Why?"

I know many fine feathered friends
but their friendliness depends on how you do.
They know many sure fired ways
to find out the one who pays
and how you do.

One who will make me feel so good,
And if I find my hard headed woman,
I know my life will be as it should -- yes, yes, yes.

One who will make me do my best,
And if I find my hard headed woman...

TBRich's photo
Wed 01/21/15 03:29 PM

On the authority of Abu Hurayrah (may Allah be pleased with him), who said that the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said:
When Allah decreed the Creation He pledged Himself by writing in His book which is laid down with Him: My mercy prevails over my wrath. It was related by Muslim (also by al-Bukhari, an-Nasa'i and Ibn Majah).

This is a Hadith.

It's been my observation with Hadiths... The longer they are, the greater the likelihood they're not believable. The shorter they are, the greater the likelihood they've any merit.

As a general rule, I don't use any at all because the entire register of Hadith are so huge that nobody would ever be able to cull through all of them.

Here in is the problem... Why would anybody want to make their religion more complicated then it need be?

Sheik Yer Booty! Yes it is Hadith- why does no one quote these verses? I find this verse as almost hidden in many religious texts. Sometimes I point them out and do you know how most people response? They do not believe it refers to them. These verses remind me of Hope quietly whispering to mankind to be let out of Pandora's box. Shhh, be still, be quiet- can you hear what is being said?

My Mercy prevails over My Wrath

and

For this is as the waters of Noah unto me: for as I have sworn that the waters of Noah should no more go over the earth; so have I sworn that I would not be wroth with thee, nor rebuke thee.
Isaiah 54:9

That's the point I was trying to get across.

The shorter... The better.

The longer... The less likely.

It's a nice sentiment, but as an example; Think about how many people think the poem, 'Footsteps In The Sand' is from the Bible.

As my old theology professor liked to say- those who respect the textx, have never actually read it and. I think Mighty Moe made a reference to it not being what is written but who and how intreprets it. People will find and twist verses to fit their own innate bias and hate.

Perhaps that is as it should be hope, love, charity softly whispering to us thru the windstorm

TBRich's photo
Wed 01/21/15 03:11 PM

which one do you prefer ?
Doesn't matter? They both make you fart? laugh laugh

In that case, I go with olive oil, it lubes up the works and makes it easier, whereas beans are just angry

TBRich's photo
Wed 01/21/15 02:58 PM

Hey, did John Lennon write all of that? smile2

Why yes he did!

TBRich's photo
Wed 01/21/15 02:56 PM

On the authority of Abu Hurayrah (may Allah be pleased with him), who said that the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said:
When Allah decreed the Creation He pledged Himself by writing in His book which is laid down with Him: My mercy prevails over my wrath. It was related by Muslim (also by al-Bukhari, an-Nasa'i and Ibn Majah).

This is a Hadith.

It's been my observation with Hadiths... The longer they are, the greater the likelihood they're not believable. The shorter they are, the greater the likelihood they've any merit.

As a general rule, I don't use any at all because the entire register of Hadith are so huge that nobody would ever be able to cull through all of them.

Here in is the problem... Why would anybody want to make their religion more complicated then it need be?

Sheik Yer Booty! Yes it is Hadith- why does no one quote these verses? I find this verse as almost hidden in many religious texts. Sometimes I point them out and do you know how most people response? They do not believe it refers to them. These verses remind me of Hope quietly whispering to mankind to be let out of Pandora's box. Shhh, be still, be quiet- can you hear what is being said?

My Mercy prevails over My Wrath

and

For this is as the waters of Noah unto me: for as I have sworn that the waters of Noah should no more go over the earth; so have I sworn that I would not be wroth with thee, nor rebuke thee.
Isaiah 54:9

TBRich's photo
Wed 01/21/15 02:17 PM

The forums are great - good games - real people

flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou drinker drinker drinker drinker drinker :banana: :banana:

Me think so too.

Mari had a little lamb
whose fleece was black as soot
and everywhere that lamb he went
his sooty footy put

TBRich's photo
Wed 01/21/15 02:14 PM
Like I have to take a massive dump, this has been going on for about three days

TBRich's photo
Wed 01/21/15 02:12 PM
I have thrown a few things, however most of the stories are almost pure hyperbole. I never actually tore the door off a girlfriend's car and the story of the flying coffee table was merely an upturned coffee table, although even I was frightened when it became airborn. Just don't know my own strength, for example, I was pulling my shirt down at work this morning and tore it in half

TBRich's photo
Wed 01/21/15 02:00 PM

TBRich's photo
Wed 01/21/15 01:58 PM
ARTIST: Squirrel Nut Zippers
TITLE: Hell
Lyrics and Chords

{Refrain}
In the afterlife
You could be headed for the serious strife
Now you make the scene all day
But tomorrow there'll be Hell to pay
People listen attentively
I mean about future calamity
I used to think the idea was obsolete
Until I heard the old man stamping his feet
This is a place where eternally
Fire is applied to the body
Teeth are extruded and bones are ground
Then baked into cakes which are passed around
Beauty, talent, fame, money
Refinement, top skill and brain
But all the things you try to hide
Will be revealed on the other side
Now the D and the A and the M and the N
And the A and the T and the I-O-N
Lose your face, lose your name
Then get fitted for a suit of flame

Lucky, there is no heaven or hell in the Jewish religion.

Wait- no heaven or hell? Hmmm, imagine-

Imagine there's no heaven, its easy if you try
No hell below us, above us only sky

Imagine all the people living for today......

TBRich's photo
Tue 01/20/15 01:32 PM

morals wouldn't disappear

but the world would change, not for the better

for all the 'war' that people like to refer to their are many more charitable and gracious and beautiful actions inspired by 'religious' lessons as well

whether we have religion or not, we will have people who do terrible things,, remove religion(Which is kind of impossible) and they will just find something else to scapegoat for their interests and choices that harm others,,,

why are religious people harming anyone? don't they go to hell for that? (cept muslims, they get a bunch of virgins in a special room in heaven)

because they were born HUMAN, and humans harm humans

I don't think much about Hell, those answers would be best found in a Bible

if we are attempting to live a life Pleasing to God, we will not harm others intentionally

not just humans, all animals fight... for food, mating, territory... god or not, we will always find a reason to fight... i mean, we haven't stopped fighting with religion, have we?... if your living your life to please "god", sounds like a sad existence...

only if one cant be pleased while pleasing God

I live my life pleased when I make my family proud
why wouldn't I also be pleased at pleasing God?

because your family is there, real and touchable, never a doubt whether they exist...

and I have no doubts that an intelligent creator exists either

I have no doubt that there are molecules,, I am told they are here, but I cant see them

my mortal vessel were my parents and I am proud to make them proud
but my spiritual creator is God, and I am likewise proud to accept and live with faith in his word

really? every time you look or touch something, you don't see or feel molecules?

just as much as I 'see' or 'feel' God,, thats the point

You're silly, did you know that? It is kinda cute.

Over the holiday season, I had to deal with a lot of questions, however since my current employment does not mesh with my pastorial counseling background- I was very careful in how I answered.

Interesting, most of the questions stemmed from the sermons of the clients' church. From example, one woman had the fecal matter scared out of her by her pastor's sermon on the devil. Simply saying, well, you know there is no devil in the Jewish religion, relaxed the muscles in her face. Questions on who was Jesus' father really was, I dealt with- well, the Jerusalem Torah states it was Tiberus Pathera, also had much calming responses. Why do pastors do this?

Why is there so much twisted logic, bold faced lies, misunderstanding of logic and science, etc. in vain attempts to prove this or that is actually historical true? When the point is the message, is the message true? Well is it? Should we actually try to "love one another"? That is what should be taught and it can be taught without scaring the crap out of people.

And as to the topic- banning religion- one cannot legislate morality, but one can tax the crap out of it. Look how Pat Robertson surrendered his ministerial credentials in order to avoid an audit.

TBRich's photo
Sun 01/11/15 12:41 PM
I hold by the explanation found in Robert Graves' the White Goddess

TBRich's photo
Sun 01/11/15 12:37 PM
I was at a friend's house, playing with her puppy; i fell asleep on the floor of her bedroom, the puppy finally fell asleep at 2am and stopped awaking me every ten minutes. At 3am, I was awoken by the sound of a little girl crying. Rubbing the sleep out of my eyes, I wondered if i was dreaming- no I was fully awake and still hearing it. The window was open, maybe it was outside- no clearly it was coming from behind me and to the left. I sat up thinking that I wanted to kick the crap out of whatever woe me up, only to realize it was my friend crying. I called out if she was all right? Why are you crying/ The answer came back- cuz you won't stop pooting! That was good enough for me so I went back to sleep.

A week later she still won't tell me why she was crying.

TBRich's photo
Sun 01/11/15 12:25 PM
it is actually simple math- the difference between an animate carbon atom and an inanimate carbon aton is the ability to absorb outside heat/light/energy and then distribute it. The more this is done the more they will organize/evolute to do so. Hence life from non-life. As first proposed by the ancient Greeks and mathematically demonstrated at MIT

TBRich's photo
Mon 12/15/14 06:39 AM
This reminds me of the story of Pastor Fuzz.

Pastor Fuzz would walk some of the young ladies home after the Friday nite socials, to protect their honour. He would cut through the cornfields next to the church as a shortcut. One Friday nite, he was walking a young lady home when the local cop pulled up to the cornfield and demanded to know who was in there. "Its okay officer, I am Pastor Fuzz" "Well whoever you are, you need to come out of there right now" "Officer you don't seem to understand, I am Pastor Fuzz" "I don't care if you are knee deep in her kidneys, you gotta come out now!"

1 2 3 5 7 8 9 24 25