Community > Posts By > TBRich

TBRich's photo
Thu 10/16/14 06:49 AM

war is about power and greed and sometimes self defense

religion rarely is a factor in the modern world,,,although the greed and hunger for power are often MASKED with claims of religion,,,

This probably doesn't change your point, but I definitely consider religion a 'factor' given the way that religion (and nationalism, and even racism) is used by many to manipulate the masses into supporting a war.

religion can definitely be a factor, just as any 'allegiance' to something, someone, or somewhere

'idols' can be used to rally people behind those with power and greed,,, because 'allegiance' is more romantic than greed,,,lol

Perhaps you should read the latest Sam Harris to-Something is off wit this keyboard, I think the kid spunked on itdo

TBRich's photo
Thu 10/16/14 06:45 AM

There are NO ugly women hear...:tongue:

There are NO ugly women HERE

Apparently there is quite a lot of the other type of woman

TBRich's photo
Wed 10/15/14 07:24 AM
It is a generally agreed on fact that the only unforgiveable sin is despair

TBRich's photo
Wed 10/15/14 07:20 AM
Just don't hold your breath

TBRich's photo
Wed 10/15/14 07:18 AM
Oy, is your Gaydar broken?

Gaybars, Clubs, Hangouts and Gay Friendly Establishments in Davao City

Posted on Saturday, May 05, 2012 by Discreetguy

4 0 Google +0 0 0

LIST OF GAY BARS IN DAVAO CITY
ADAM'S APPLE BAR a.k.a SALAMBAT
Lanang, Davao City

FAME DISCO PUB
Legaspi corner San Pedro Street, Davao City

MASCULADOS
Anda Street, Davao City

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Consolidating information on Gaybars, Clubs, Hangouts and Gay Friendly Establishments in a city by just one person is nealy impossible. Even locals couldn't possibly check everything there is in the city. To those who are from DAVAO CITY or have visited DAVAO CITY and have been to any of the gay friendly establishments mentioned above, readers would be grateful if you could share information on where to find them and your experiences here.

TBRich's photo
Wed 10/15/14 06:48 AM
Mitchie is in hot water with the voters of Kentucky for wanting to do away with the ACA

Rommney predicted 6% unemployment by 2016 with his plan, currently in 2014 unemployment is at 5.9%

Etc, Etc

TBRich's photo
Wed 10/15/14 06:43 AM
If I had just one wish

Only one demand

I hope he's not like me

I hope he understands

That he can take this life

And hold it by the hand

And he can greet the world

With arms wide open

-Creed

TBRich's photo
Wed 10/15/14 06:33 AM

I hate grapes! I can't stand grapes! I loathe grapes! All kinds of grapes! I hate purple grapes! I hate green grapes! I hate grapes with seeds! I hate grapes without seeds! I hate them peeled and non-peeled! I hate grapes in bunches, one at a time, or in groups of twos and threes! I ****ing hate grapes!

Would you eat them in a box, would you eat them with a fox?
Would you eat them in the rain, would you eat them on a train?

TBRich's photo
Tue 10/14/14 08:35 AM
The Finishing Line- a BTF educational film

Children Shouldn't Play with Dead Things

TBRich's photo
Fri 09/26/14 04:28 PM
Please note: if when she is brand new, it is up to how you touch her-

she being Brand
-new;and you
know consequently a
little stiff i was
careful of her and(having 5
thoroughly oiled the universal
joint tested my gas felt of
her radiator made sure her springs were O.
K.)i went right to it flooded-the-carburetor cranked her
up,slipped the 10
clutch(and then somehow got into reverse she
kicked what
the hell)next
minute i was back in neutral tried and
again slo-wly;bare,ly nudg. ing(my 15
lev-er Right-
oh and her gears being in
A 1 shape passed
from low through
second-in-to-high like 20
greasedlightning)just as we turned the corner of Divinity
avenue i touched the accelerator and give
her the juice,good
(it
was the first ride and believe i we was 25
happy to see how nice she acted right up to
the last minute coming back down by the Public
Gardens i slammed on
the
internalexpanding 30
&
externalcontracting
brakes Bothatonce and
brought allofher tremB
-ling 35
to a:dead.
stand-
;Still)
Cummings, E. E. “she being Brand / -new.” 1926. Literature: An Introduction to Reading and Writing. 2 ed. Eds. Edgnd

TBRich's photo
Fri 09/26/14 03:45 PM
The map is not the territory

TBRich's photo
Fri 09/26/14 03:07 PM
As stated early the references in Josephus are considered later additions to the text and Tacitus' reference to Pilate as a Procurator (a title not used in Judea until 44CE) when he was actually a Prelate calls into question his sources

TBRich's photo
Thu 09/25/14 06:43 PM
Hundreds of High Schoolers Walk Out to Protest Conservative Takeover of History Standards
The proposed curriculum changes downplay "social strife."
452 COMMENTS452 COMMENTS

A A A
Email
Print
September 24, 2014 |
As part of the long-running textbook wars over American school curricula, the Jefferson County Colorado Board of Education moved earlier this month to alter AP U.S. history standards to meet a more right-wing view of the world, emphasizing “patriotism” and the “free enterprise system” and downplaying “social strife.” Its proposal reads as follows:

Review criteria shall include the following: instructional materials should present the most current factual information accurately and objectively. Theories should be distinguished from fact. Materials should promote citizenship, patriotism, essentials and benefits of the free enterprise system, respect for authority and respect for individual rights. Materials should not encourage or condone civil disorder, social strife or disregard of the law. Instructional materials should present positive aspects of the United States and its heritage. Content pertaining to political and social movements in history should present balanced and factual treatment of the positions.

What Board Chairman Ken Witt probably didn't expect is what happened next. Yesterday, hundreds of students from five high schools marched out of their classrooms and into the streets to reject the conservative board's proposal. Carrying signs such as “people didn't die so we could erase them,” the students demanded that the proposal be withdrawn.

To get a sense of the size of the protests, the local CBS station reported that 500 students walked out at a single high school, Arvada West High. That is about a third of the students at the school.

In addition to the mass student protests, teachers have been leading actions as well. Last week, as many as 50 teachers at Standley Lake and Conifer high schools staged a sickout to protest the new standards, forcing classes to be canceled.

As both teachers and students continue to speak out, it appears that by attempting to suppress history curriculum that includes information about social strife and protest, Witt is ironically creating it, and teaching an entire nation of its value.

Watch a report from 7 NEWS about the hundreds of students who protested yesterday.

Zaid Jilani is the investigative blogger and campaigner for the Progressive Change Campaign Committee. He is formerly the senior reporter-blogger for ThinkProgress.

TBRich's photo
Thu 09/25/14 06:18 PM
My Dad taught me to never lie, unless it was absolutely convenient.

TBRich's photo
Thu 09/25/14 05:27 PM
Today, at work, the cook was rushing around because she forgot to put sugar in dessert, I told her all she had to do was smile on it to make it sweet; she stopped, looked at me and smiled. She is actual pretty much a crabby person.

Actually, I am amazed at the amount of BS that hovers around women and no one calls them on it, because they want to f88k them. Meh

TBRich's photo
Thu 09/25/14 05:25 PM
Today, at work, the cook was rushing around because she forgot to put sugar in dessert, I told her all she had to do was smile on it to make it sweet; she stopped, looked at me and smiled. She is actual pretty much a crabby person.

Actually, I am amazed at the amount of BS that hovers around women and no one calls them on it, because they want to f88k them. Meh

TBRich's photo
Thu 09/25/14 05:04 PM
If Jesus Never Existed, Religion May Be Fiction
Posted: 09/25/2014 5:29 pm EDT Updated: 1 hour ago
Tweet

Email
Comment

As someone raised in a Christian country, I learned that there was a historical Jesus. Now historical analysis finds no clear evidence that Jesus existed. If not, Christianity was fabricated, just like Mormonism and other religions. Why do people choose to believe religious fictions?

Given the depth of religious tradition in Christian countries, where the "Christian era" calendar is based upon the presumed life of Jesus, it would be astonishing if there was no evidence of a historical Jesus. After all, in an era when there were scores of messianic prophets, why go to the trouble of making one up?

In History, Jesus Was a No Show
Various historical scholars attempted to authenticate Jesus in the historical record, particularly in the work of Jesus-era writers. Michael Paulkovich revived this project as summarized in the current issue of Free Inquiry.

Paulkovich found an astonishing absence of evidence for the existence of Jesus in history. "Historian Flavius Josephus published his Jewish Wars circa 95 CE. He had lived in Japhia, one mile from Nazareth - yet Josephus seems unaware of both Nazareth and Jesus." He is at pains to discredit interpolations in this work that "made him appear to write of Jesus when he did not." Most religious historians take a more nuanced view agreeing that Christian scholars added their own pieces much later but maintaining that the historical reference to Jesus was present in the original. Yet, a fudged text is not compelling evidence for anything.

Paulkovich consulted no fewer than 126 historians (including Josephus) who lived in the period and ought to have been aware of Jesus if he had existed and performed the miracles that supposedly drew a great deal of popular attention. Of the 126 writers who should have written about Jesus, not a single one did so (if one accepts Paulkovich's view that the Jesus references in Josephus are interpolated).

Paulkovich concludes:

When I consider those 126 writers, all of whom should have heard of Jesus but did not - and Paul and Marcion and Athenagoras and Matthew with a tetralogy of opposing Christs, the silence from Qumram and Nazareth and Bethlehem, conflicting Bible stories, and so many other mysteries and omissions - I must conclude that Christ is a mythical character.
He also considers striking similarities of Jesus to other God-sons such as Mithra, Sandan, Attis, and Horus. Christianity has its own imitator. Mormonism was heavily influenced by the Bible from which founder Joseph Smith borrowed liberally.

Mormonism fabricated in plain sight
We may not know for sure what happened two millennia ago but Mormonism was fabricated in plain sight by a convicted conman. According to Christopher Hitchens:

In March, 1826, a court in Bainbridge, New York, convicted a twenty-one-year-old man of being a "disorderly person and an impostor." That ought to have been all we ever heard of Joseph Smith, who at trial admitted to defrauding citizens by organizing mad gold-digging expeditions and also to claiming to possess dark or "necromantic" powers.
Hitchens writes: "Quite recent scholarship has exposed every single other Mormon "document" as at best a scrawny compromise and at worst a pitiful fake" ...

Smith's legacy was cleaned up via subsequent "divine revelations" that rejected first polygamy and then racism at convenient historical turning points. So the historical development from fakery to respectable religion is well documented.

There is no reason to believe that the genesis of any major religion was substantially different. This raises the question of why so many intelligent people choose to believe religious fictions.

The most plausible explanation is that they cannot easily distinguish between organized religion and confidence rackets.

Starting a fake religion

Religious people may find that hard to swallow, so it is interesting to see what happens when someone sets out to found a fake religion. Would this work, or would members see through the deception and promptly leave?

American Indian film director Vikram Gandhi studied yogis and their followers in India. He concluded that these holy men were confidence tricksters, scores of whom plied their trade throughout India in the manner of the Jesus story.

The filmmaker wondered whether he could pass himself off as a guru here in the U.S. He cultivated a fake Indian accent, grew out his hair and beard and reinvented himself as Sri Kumare, a mystic hailing from a fictitious Indian village.

In the film, Kumare (2011) the director founds his cult in Arizona where he unloads his bogus mysticism upon the unsuspecting public and soon draws a group of devoted followers who seek his counsel on their life problems and become frighteningly dependent upon his new-age advice.

The underlying psychology may be fairly simple. Common confidence tricksters work their magic by telling victims what they want to hear. The same is true of successful prophets who offer pie in the sky bye and bye as I explain in my book Why Atheism Will Replace Religion. The only reason that Jesus does not fit in this category is that he probably never existed.

TBRich's photo
Thu 09/25/14 08:41 AM
I registered as a Green, but the State of Pennsylvania will only allow you to be a Democrat or Republican and my voter ID came back as Independent.

TBRich's photo
Thu 09/25/14 08:28 AM

I have tried everything to keep a man happy. Doing all the housework, cooking for them, shopping for our food, and helping them with work, and of course in the bedroom. It seems that the more I do the more they want and when it's not enough they abuse. I have thought of course it must be the wrong guy so I have tried changing the guy for a different guy but it's always the same in the end. So what is the secret to keeping a man happy?

Less is more; one only chases that which recedes; get a backbone and use it- or some such nonsense; do you want them taking you for granted or fearful of losing you?

TBRich's photo
Thu 09/25/14 08:24 AM
"All About That Bass"

Because you know
I'm all about that bass
'Bout that bass, no treble
I'm all about that bass
I'm all about that bass
I'm all about that bass
'Bout that bass