Community > Posts By > David

David's photo
Tue 04/09/24 10:35 AM
I've been dating a woman that I've met at an online dating site.

I've taken her out to a nice restaurant five times, and we've had a nice time. I pay for everything.

She only wants a casual relationship at first and then progress from there, and I'm fine with that.

The only thing she contributes is showing up for the date.

When do you think the other person should start reciprocating?

David's photo
Mon 10/09/23 08:23 AM
I've been seeing a girl that I met on Match. com, and things are going well. We've gone out on four dates, and we're both taking things at a comfortable pace. We haven't been intimate in any way and I'm okay with that. Our dates have all been at nice restaurants, and I always pay the bill.

I find her attractive and I know that many men are interested in dating her. On our last date, I shared with her how much I enjoyed the fancy restaurant and the walk afterward on our last date. However, she appeared confused and said, "Did you really take me to that restaurant?" I confirmed the date and time, but she still seemed unsure. She told me that many men had taken her to that restaurant before, but she didn't realize I had taken her there too.

I guess this is a problem dating a woman that is dating a lot of men. She doesn't remember any special time.

David's photo
Thu 09/14/23 03:37 PM
I met a woman on Match.com and I asked her out for lunch. I'm a gentleman and I pay for everything. She ordered a $15.00 cocktail, which was almost the same price as her meal. I don't drink alcohol.

We dated 4 times and each time she ordered an alcoholic beverage.

It just started to bother me. I told her I'm more than happy to pay for her meals but if she wants to order alcohol she will have to pay that herself.

She called me a cheap son-of-a-b*tch and that was the end of that relationship.

David's photo
Thu 09/14/23 03:32 PM
I once heard a stand-up comedian address this issue.
He said he met a woman on a dating site. They met for coffee. She said she isn't interested in meeting men who want to have sex right away. She wants to get to know each other. Then after 6 months, they can have sex.

He said that was fine with him. He wanted to know how this would work. Would they just write emails back and forth for 6 months?

Well, the way he presented it was very funny!

David's photo
Tue 09/12/23 06:17 PM
Before COVID shut down I was going to go to an Ayahuasca Retreat. But I've heard storied of people going to one and nothing happens.

Has anyone gone to one? What was your experience?

David's photo
Tue 09/12/23 06:13 PM
A friend of mine does ice baths almost every day. He says it alters his current mood and outlook instantly.

David's photo
Wed 09/06/23 04:48 AM
There are plenty of young and beautiful women who want to scam you out of your money. They will listen to you.

David's photo
Tue 09/05/23 04:38 AM
@Jaan Doh

You make a lot of good points.

David's photo
Tue 09/05/23 04:37 AM
@soufiehere

I understand what you are saying. But with that belief, we shouldn't give people who got out of prison a chance either. They've committed much worse crimes and they have a "corrupted spirit." They weren't rehabilitated, they just spent time in there.

David's photo
Mon 09/04/23 07:38 PM
@soufiehere
But I pointed it out to her and the situation was resolved. Even Elvis said that everyone deserves a second chance.

Do you agree?

David's photo
Mon 09/04/23 03:54 PM
@Jaan Doh

"The take out wasn't even for herself it was for her landlord. You would think a landlord has enough cash, what with renting the property out.."

Her landlord, who is from the same city she is from (China) gave her a huge discount on rent.

"What if you said nothing, and why didn't she pay for it herself?"

That's why I posted the question, "Do You Believe Most Relationships Have Red Flags In The Beginning?"
Maybe in her culture, her actions would be more acceptable.

If we ended every relationship where "crap" happens, then no one would be in a relationship, right?

David's photo
Mon 09/04/23 03:39 PM
Edited by David on Mon 09/04/23 03:45 PM
@Rpbrampton

Yes, you are right. She did it behind my back without telling me. Huge red flag.

But I pointed it out and the situation was resolved. She has only been in the country for less than one year. She is from China. Maybe in her culture, this behavior is more acceptable.

In any case, I'm hoping it's been resolved.

David's photo
Mon 09/04/23 03:30 PM
None one is perfect. We are all flawed.
There is no perfect relationship. They are hard work and continually need attention.

So in the beginning of a relationship, if a red flag appears we need to speak up and address the issue. But if it keeps happening, that is a different situation.

I've dated a woman 4 times. I always take her to a nice restaurant and I pay for everything. On our last date, the waiter gave me the bill. It was $50.00. I gave him my credit card. I got up from the table to go to the restaurant. In the corner of my eye, I saw my date run to the waiter. I thought that was weird.

When I got back, the bill was paid but it was $70.00. I waved the waiter over to complain. But my date interrupted me and said she ordered a take-out meal for her landlord. I told her this wasn't right. She defiantly said, "Why Not!!?" I told her she shouldn't treat people this way, sneaking around.. She then interrupted me and said she would pay for it. I accepted her money.

My friend said this is a huge red flag and should end the relationship. But don't you think all relationships have red flags in the beginning?

David's photo
Mon 09/04/23 11:22 AM
I've been chatting with a lot of young and beautiful Asian women from this site who are all highly successful in all aspects of life. They look like models. And they are interested in finding an older man. I've never met so many highly successful people before.

David's photo
Wed 05/10/23 11:04 AM
I completely understand that if a woman isn't interested she won't respond back, or she will let you know upfront that she isn't interested, or she will respond with one or two words each time. She does this because she doesn't want to hurt your feelings.

But I've come across women who respond back with half to one sentence. So you write her two paragraphs and she responds back with half a sentence.

If she isn't interested why on earth is she even bothering to respond back like this?