Community > Posts By > rebelgeek

rebelgeek's photo
Fri 06/27/14 10:18 PM

Well, what about us single dads? Are we "off limits" too?

You are not human...

Lots of people are into not human.

happy happy

rebelgeek's photo
Fri 06/27/14 10:14 PM
Yes sir, that's it. Thank you.

rebelgeek's photo
Fri 06/27/14 10:04 PM

well when I first came here.
I couldn't tie up my own shoe laces.
let alone post a pic..lol... let alone posting YouTube videos..lol..
I don't know what happened.
with your YouTube post..
it could just be me doing it wrong.!.
are you might be missing something..!..flowerforyou think .waving

Wow...Mingle taught you to tie your shoes? This IS a lovely community! Seriously, though. Thank you. A little kindness goes a long way with me, especially this evening. It's appreciated.

flowerforyou waving winking flowers

rebelgeek's photo
Fri 06/27/14 09:54 PM
I'm trying to post a vid by the band God-des & She, the song is "God, I Know That You Love Me" about how we are all loved by our maker, regardless of who we love in this life. Posting because...honestly because I haven't seen my dad in years because he doesn't approve of me. And because tonight he said because I'm single, he'd like to see me, but...I'm still me. I'm still gay, whether I have a girlfriend or not. I told him that. And he decided he doesn't want to see me after all. So, look up the song if you like. But even if you don't, be who you are, and know that you are who you are meant to be, and no less a child of this universe than anyone else.

:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

rebelgeek's photo
Fri 06/27/14 09:48 PM

Lol, I don't know why I suck at posting youtube vids, but you are very kind to continue to help while I learn the ins and outs of this site.

flowerforyou

rebelgeek's photo
Fri 06/27/14 09:31 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fL-GKihXwm8

rebelgeek's photo
Fri 06/27/14 09:09 PM

I am most certainly NOT bitter about my kids. They are a blessing I am thankful for every single day. You know diddly about me.
Unfortunately you are an open book of assinine comments about "real men" when it is abudently obvious you are not one.
Again I say, Thank Goddess you didn't breed.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

rebelgeek's photo
Fri 06/27/14 09:03 PM

My point is that someone who values themselves won't think of engaging in such a manner...it devalue both parties and there is never a happy ending...you know why because it's not a natural act of emotion it's just a natural act of the body....the end is always the same there is no gain to both parties....

And my point is that you are one person among billions of people in the world. You can speak only for your own values. If having a FWB for YOU means you don't value yourself, then by all means, don't do it.

But you do not get to speak for what is a natural act for every other person in the world. There are plenty of people who, because of careers, aspirations, emotional availablity, their children, or whatever reasons of their own, do not have time or energy for a relationship, but still want the intimacy of sex. They don't want anything to come of it. They don't want any "gain", they just want sex with someone they find attractive and friendly. They CHOOSE that.

And that's the beautiful thing about this life. We all have our own choices to make, and as long as it doesn't hurt anyone else, who cares what anyone else does? What other people do in the bedroom is their choice, their business, and their life. Abuse against anyone is not ok. Rape or assault is not ok. But sex between two consenting adults, whether you agree or not, is between those two people, and only those two can say for sure what is ok.

rebelgeek's photo
Fri 06/27/14 07:43 PM
Everyone's entitled to their choices and preferences. But to say no real man wants a "ready made family"? That is a generalization, and quite untrue. YOU don't want to date a woman with kids, and that's fine. But real men come in all shapes, sizes, and with preferences of their own. Know yourself and let others do the same.

rebelgeek's photo
Fri 06/27/14 11:11 AM
I don't believe having a FWB is "stooping" to a level for a woman. Valuing your body clearly means different things to different people, and that's ok. We all have the right to make the rules for our own lives. For me, valuing my body means I choose what to do with it. I choose who to sleep with, and when, and in what situation. And I choose when it ends. I've never had a FWB because I tend to be a relationship girl; but I don't rule it out, and I do have friends who have had successful FWB situations that have gone smoothly and ended amicably for both parties.

Sure, there's a chance one person will develop feelings that don't get returned. But you risk that when you date someone too. Or, for that matter, when you're friends with people. Who here hasn't been friends with someone who had a crush on you, or vice versa, and it was one-sided?

rebelgeek's photo
Thu 06/26/14 11:28 PM
Avoid telling her where I keep the keys to the handcuffs, lest the fun get spoiled. I kid, I kid. :angel:

Honestly, I'm a single mom, and I avoid dating in front of my kids until my girlfriend and I are ready to make a really serious commitment to each other. I don't need my kids looking back on their childhood and remembering a series of "step-moms" coming in and out of their lives.

rebelgeek's photo
Thu 06/26/14 06:52 PM

11 out of 10 smitten

Aw, you are very kind. Thank you!

rebelgeek's photo
Thu 06/26/14 03:00 PM

eyes, simple as that

Preach it, girl. Same here.

rebelgeek's photo
Thu 06/26/14 02:13 PM

:wink: No its not like that

So , you like Dr. Dre too huh...huh

Tehehehe! :laughing:

rebelgeek's photo
Thu 06/26/14 02:10 PM

^^^ I think you need to start your own thread for official ratings whoa

Sharing threads is the leading cause of spreading cooties.

rebelgeek's photo
Thu 06/26/14 02:10 PM

Welcome back and good luck

Thanks so much!

rebelgeek's photo
Thu 06/26/14 02:06 PM

Looks great! Good luck!

Thank you!

rebelgeek's photo
Thu 06/26/14 12:06 PM
I would totally use something like this, but modify it so it looks less like a bureaucratic form, and more like a mad lib. Being goodfy to let someone know I like her is more my style. But I love the idea!

rebelgeek's photo
Thu 06/26/14 11:58 AM

Rating yours since you took the time to comment on mine, which I appreciate. As for profile, it looks fine to me. The description is a bit short, but that appears to be normal. The point is that any woman interested can just contact you for more information.

The only downside is that it is a little unclear specifically what kind of woman you are searching for or perhaps that is intentional as you are not sure yourself.

Good profile. Also from a standpoint of photos, you have a nice variety. Not that I have a ton of photos, but I cant stand it when people do not have photos, use a photo that obviously from like the 1980s, or use a photo of something other than themselves.

Hey, thanks for the constructive feedback! I will take some time and add more details to my profile. This was helpful.

:smile:

rebelgeek's photo
Thu 06/26/14 11:55 AM

It depends what youre looking for. If all you want is easy companionship then I can see being interrupted by life and family would annoy anyone.

If youre looking for real love, then the people she loves are going to be important to you too. It will be YOUR kids that interrupt this relationship you create. Personally, I hope my kid never stops interrupting my life. I look forward to being a gramma one day, and I will be begging to babysit on occasion, because I love him so much. Love is multiplied, not divided.

Just like any relationship, tho, if it doesnt make you happy, then get outta there.

I love everything you said here! :banana:

I agree, it depends on what kind of relationship you're looking for. If it's important to you to be able to jet off on a moment's notice trip, then dating a single mom probably isn't for you. I have equal custody of my kids, so there's plenty of time to date during the 50% of the time they aren't with me. Even so, taking a trip or making another large life decision takes some careful planning and coordination between my kids' dad and me. And if there was an emergency and my kids needed me, I would be there regardless of whose night it was to have them, or what other plans I had.

Keep in mind, though, that every single mom is different. There are as many different ways to be a single mom as there are single moms in the world. Some are better at balancing kids and dating than others.

Bottom line--know yourself and what your needs and wants are. You asked if you are being a selfish SOB, and nobody who doesn't know you can answer that. But even if you are, who cares? As long as you're honest about it and don't get into a relationship that you know would make you and/or your partner unhappy.