rebelgeek's photo
Tue 07/29/14 10:50 PM
Rally car

rebelgeek's photo
Thu 07/10/14 05:56 PM
Monzter Hozpital ~ Zeale

rebelgeek's photo
Thu 07/10/14 05:35 PM

Why can't lesbians just date? Am I seriously the only one who has a panic attack at the thought of being "in a relationship" after three dates or being told "I love you" after knowing each other two weeks? I like this girl, I do. But I can't go so fast, and my (lesbian) community seems to think that means I'm a commitment-phobe.

I knew I loved you at first sight pin up girl drool

Ohhhh, now that made my heart go pitter-pat! No, wait...it gave me heart palpitations. Such a fine line to walk, Mister Thomas!

laugh

rebelgeek's photo
Thu 07/10/14 05:32 PM

Why can't lesbians just date? Am I seriously the only one who has a panic attack at the thought of being "in a relationship" after three dates or being told "I love you" after knowing each other two weeks? I like this girl, I do. But I can't go so fast, and my (lesbian) community seems to think that means I'm a commitment-phobe.

Three dates and they say "I Love You" to you is a warning sign in the straight world too. :wink: laugh

See, that's the thing, it's a warning sign to me, but lesbians do that stuff all the time. I'm the odd one because I don't wanna declare undying love or move in with someone after a few dates. It's a bummer, lol.

rebelgeek's photo
Thu 07/10/14 04:44 PM
Reply with "hey pookums". 9/10 don't respond back to that. Problem solved!

:wink:

rebelgeek's photo
Thu 07/10/14 04:42 PM

rebelgeek's photo
Mon 06/30/14 11:13 PM
Joe

rebelgeek's photo
Mon 06/30/14 10:59 PM
I am truly sorry you are going thru this. You and your child deserve to have peace and happiness after what you have been thru. Know that he is the one who is losing out here. He is missing out on a loyal woman who loved him and on his own child's life.

I, like the others, do encourage you to get child support. Life for single moms is rough, and it is so, so much harder when you have no financial help at all. He helped create this life, he should, at the VERY least, help to make sure he has what he needs. Child support has nothing to do with your relationship with the father, and everything with making sure your son has all the necessary (and expensive!) things he needs as he grows up.

Regardless, I send prayers and peace to you. You will get thru this. It doesn't seem like it now, but you will. Hugs.

rebelgeek's photo
Mon 06/30/14 10:46 PM
Hi, and welcome!

I have two young children and have been single (aka not with their dad) for two years. During that time I have dated a fair amount, with my longest relationship lasting about five months. My kids have not met anyone I've dated.

For me personally, unless my partner and I are ready to make a very serious commitment to each other, and decide that we are in it for the long haul, my sons don't need to meet the women I date. It's one thing for me to put myself out there and potentially get hurt, but I don't need my sons to get their hearts broken every time something doesn't work out; and I DEFINITELY don't want them looking back on their childhood and remembering a series of step-mom figures coming in and out of their lives.

I realize that I seem kind of extreme in this, and that these rules of mine seem like overkill to a lot of people. The woman I dated for five months always had a problem with it, said that if I was really serious about seeing where things could go with us, I would introduce her to my kids. And while I understand that you do need to introduce them when both parties are ready to make a commitment so you can see how the kids get on with your significant other, for me, I want to make sure my relationship with that person is as rock solid as possible before bringing my kids into it.

It's hard because I am a pretty go-with-the-flow type of gal, and not one to be huge into rules and boundaries, and women who date me seem to be drawn to that. It can be hard to understand that I need these boundaries where my kids are concerned. Bottom line is, there are no guarantees in relationships. I could take all these precautions, start dating someone I think is the love of my life, and a few years from now have it not work out and have my kids get hurt anyway. But at least I will have known I've done everything I can to prevent it, and as parents, that's all we can do.

Good luck to you!!!

rebelgeek's photo
Mon 06/30/14 10:24 PM
Ohhhhh, I love this thread. I need to find out what people are watching nowadays. I was a big fan of Witch Hunter Robin and Full Metal Alchemist back in the day. All time fave was Escaflowne, but that's taking it way back.

rebelgeek's photo
Mon 06/30/14 10:11 PM
Welcome to M2, good luck with your search.

rebelgeek's photo
Mon 06/30/14 10:11 PM
Ooh Child -- The Five Stairsteps

rebelgeek's photo
Mon 06/30/14 10:09 PM
Lady Love -- Lou Rawls

rebelgeek's photo
Mon 06/30/14 10:04 PM
Sorry you're feeling lonely.

rebelgeek's photo
Mon 06/30/14 09:52 PM
Lindsey

rebelgeek's photo
Mon 06/30/14 08:05 PM
Welcome to Mingle! flowers

rebelgeek's photo
Mon 06/30/14 02:06 PM
For some reason, it's not hard for me to find stuff to talk about, but physical attraction is much more difficult for me to find. Dang pheremones. So I'll say physical attraction.

rebelgeek's photo
Mon 06/30/14 02:02 PM
One date with the right girl.

Dive bar or five star restaurant?

rebelgeek's photo
Mon 06/30/14 01:39 PM
If you can add a close-up pic of you and make that your primary picture, that would be helpful. The ones you have are nice, but people like to see pics of just your face.

Also, your profile page is nearly blank. A few details about who you are, what you're looking for, and a couple interests of yours, can go a long way.

Good luck!

rebelgeek's photo
Mon 06/30/14 01:26 PM
Breaking out in song and dance at random times.

Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7