Community > Posts By > metalwing

metalwing's photo
Thu 07/07/16 03:01 PM
In the old days ...

metalwing's photo
Thu 07/07/16 02:37 PM
The meaning and impact of the word has changed over the years. I saw an entry in a Florida historic site daily log where they mentioned "So & so and a ****** were present and ..." There wasn't any malice involved, it was just the every day description of a black person. My grandfather used the term in the same way and he bore no ill will towards anyone.

If the term is now to be considered inappropriate, it should be that way for anyone to use.

metalwing's photo
Thu 07/07/16 11:39 AM
There were a few seconds of VERY IMPORTANT INFORMATION presented at the congressional hearing today. When asked if the false information Clinton had given under oath was considered for perjury charges the FBI Director answered "No, it was not." He further explained that it would not be reviewed without Congressional request. The Congressman then stated "You'll have in a few days!"

metalwing's photo
Wed 07/06/16 08:57 AM

Yup.
We need a t-shirt.

And a question I have always had..why is it when an oriental person
begets with a non-oriental person, the eyes of the child
are ALWAYS oriental?

Genes can be dominant or recessive. Blue eyes are from recessive genes so both parents must give the child a blue eye gene. Brown eyes are from a dominant gene so only one gene is required to have brown eyes. If one parent, like an Asian, has only brown eyed genes, the child cannot get the two blue eyed genes required to have blue eyes.

The Monk Mendel discovered dominant genes as I recall ... but that was a long time ago.

If you have a parent with one blue eyed gene and one brown eyed gene, the parent can have blue eyed children if the other parent has at least one blue eyed gene also.

metalwing's photo
Thu 06/30/16 07:04 PM
Yep! I'm off to Luckenbach to drink some Tequila!!!!:wink:

metalwing's photo
Tue 06/28/16 11:10 PM
They sell "NO NOs" on TV!!

metalwing's photo
Tue 06/28/16 10:59 PM
I'm betting on those sneaky Mormans!

metalwing's photo
Mon 06/27/16 05:15 AM
How many gun battles has the FDA engaged in within it's history? Do drugs include illegal drugs?

metalwing's photo
Mon 06/27/16 05:10 AM
Ha! The news this weekend was that the EU wants GB out NOW! ... no fiddle faddling around! ... which actually makes a lot of sense. Long drawn out divorces are painful.

metalwing's photo
Sat 06/25/16 07:22 PM
Lu Rosemary (I call her something else) is a shining light at Mingle. She puts a smile on everyone's face and shows a deeper level of love and respect than almost anyone. Some people pretend to be nice. She lives it deeply in ways I don't even understand.

flowerforyou Happy Birthday my friend!!!:wink:

metalwing's photo
Sat 06/25/16 07:15 PM
Trump may not be a great president but I'm willing to give him a chance. He may turn out to be the best ever. Hillery should go to jail. I'm ready for a change away from the professional politicians.

metalwing's photo
Sat 06/25/16 07:10 PM
The "love" comment was just stupid. I'm waiting to see what charges are filed against Hillery when the FBI finishes. Then the time for impeachment will probably come.

metalwing's photo
Sat 06/25/16 07:05 PM
Britain is going to come out smelling like a rose ... but it may be a while before the rose blooms. Ten billion in EU taxes will go to other uses, less immigration, higher security, and a more cohesive national identity will win the day.

metalwing's photo
Fri 06/24/16 05:25 PM
The perfect robot!!

metalwing's photo
Fri 06/24/16 05:17 PM
Some things never change!!!

Howdy Stranger!!!

metalwing's photo
Tue 06/21/16 01:28 PM
Pinto's are the loudest but white navy beans are the most potent!

metalwing's photo
Thu 06/09/16 03:05 AM

This absolutely tragic accident.
Not only for the victim, but his sister & everyone else, who witnessed it.

This story broke 20+ hours ago..
Why, has it taken so long for him to be declared dead ?

This has happened before Sassy. He's probably in a medically induced coma. Too much pain. There just wating for brain death. At that temp he was quick fried. Tissue damage is unrecoverable. Terrible.

I can definitely understand, a drug induced coma.

But it says, " His body has NOT been recovered "

So he never made it out.
Why wait , 20+ hours for his death to be official?

In some cases the reports turn out to be false. Without a body a police investigation is required.

metalwing's photo
Thu 06/09/16 02:53 AM
How long did it take Ford to pardon Nixon?
Take that number and divide by the number of times Hillery and Obama have lied to the public.

Add

"For the good of the country" and a "Nothing to see here folks!".

Add

"Anyone can vote without any form of ID!"

You get a United States without a Constitution ... not that it hasn't already been torn to shreds.

metalwing's photo
Tue 06/07/16 05:09 PM
Katy Perry's love life?

metalwing's photo
Tue 06/07/16 05:03 PM
It reminds me of being in school and recognizing the beauty of Laplace Transforms. It has been recognized for decades that no initial state is absolute... at least not in the real world. Schrodinger's cat keeps jumping out of the box and biting you!

Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 24 25