Community > Posts By > metalwing

metalwing's photo
Wed 05/18/16 06:42 AM
Oddly, the truth doesn't seem to matter when it comes to "green" energy. Whatever is PC rules.

metalwing's photo
Wed 05/18/16 06:37 AM
It's already started. We lost our chance to end it when the US left Iraq. Now it will spread like the disease it is farther than WWII. The radical branch of Islam is on one side and the rest of the world is on the other.

metalwing's photo
Tue 05/17/16 05:34 PM
It would be fun to see one that big!

metalwing's photo
Tue 05/17/16 01:16 PM
"In the build-up to the party conference, the AfD said Islam isn’t compatible with the German constitution. The party also wants to ban mosques and burqas from Germany.

"Islam is in itself a political ideology that is not compatible with the constitution," AfD deputy leader Beatrix von Storch told the Frankfurter Allgemeine Sonntagszeitung, as cited by Reuters. "We are in favor of a ban on mosques, on muezzins and a ban on full veils," she added. "

Something similar was heard in France and the US.

"We hold these truths ..."

metalwing's photo
Tue 05/17/16 01:06 PM
The Drake Equation is quite real. It is only as accurate as the factors in the the equation, but it doesn't say there is or is not intelligent life anywhere. It gives the odds of intelligent life being created on life giving planets such as the Earth.

We are finding many planets around other stars so we are getting real information on the number of planets similar to Earth that are in a life compatible zone from the star. These "hard" numbers increase the accuracy of the Drake Equation which only gives the statistical probability of intelligent life anyway.

Our instruments have gotten so good we can detect relative amounts of material around other stars such as water. We also understand the solar burn cycle of stars to know that they produce large amounts of the same materials found on Earth necessary to life ... such as carbon, water, calcium, etc. Given 1,000,000,000,000 planets similar to Earth in heat, water content, and complex minerals, what are the odds that life develops and/or intelligent life?

The odds are pretty good.

metalwing's photo
Tue 05/17/16 09:28 AM
As I have said many times, overpopulation is the mankind's biggest problem. Not only to all other problems pale in comparison, most of mankind's other problems are the result of overpopulation anyway.

Inner city crime.
World hunger
Global warming
Pandemics
Mass migrations
Illegal immigration
Pollution
Ocean fish stock depletion
Etc.

metalwing's photo
Tue 05/17/16 09:13 AM
rofl That is one of the funniest things I have seen in a while!!!

metalwing's photo
Tue 05/17/16 07:22 AM
I have been watching the election results on TV and have found little evidence of intelligent life on this planet.

metalwing's photo
Fri 05/13/16 10:08 PM
Hillery reminds me of some of the characters on "Game of Thrones"... and not the nice ones.ohwell

metalwing's photo
Fri 05/13/16 09:56 PM

[I was always intrigued by Atlantis & if it ever really existed...a lot of evidence proving it did but i still question it...it must have been an amazing civilization]

You said elsewhere that Americans don't believe everything they read. If you believe anything of this rubbish you perhaps should stop reading altogether.

Most of the 'evidence' is in the minds of believers in such pseudoscience. Thera (Santorini) is probably the best fit for the descriptions given by Plato, but that hardly counts as evidence for the myth.

There is substantial archaeological evidence that the island of Santorini was Atlantis. The geological evidence also fits the timeline.

metalwing's photo
Fri 05/13/16 09:33 PM
Morning ... two cups.

metalwing's photo
Fri 05/13/16 05:46 AM
whoa

metalwing's photo
Wed 05/11/16 08:29 AM
So what happens when you order a "Bud" and they don't have it? Do they just hand you an "America"?

I drink Shiner Bock. Bud is not real beer!

metalwing's photo
Wed 05/11/16 08:24 AM
It is delicious and one of the healthiest foods. Many people are turned off by raw fish because they were raised to think fish must be cooked.

Try it. You might like it.

metalwing's photo
Tue 05/10/16 10:40 PM

Metalwing,

My Friend, you hit the nail on the coffin with your knowledge. let me ask you this does this scare you of what they doing or is it just mere water cooler conversation to you?

Not much scares me. Many things concern me. Geopolitics churn and idiots create problems instead of solutions.

Overpopulation is the politically incorrect topic. You don't hear about any cures for it. Parts of our planet have enough food and water for some, but that number is being exceeded and the ability to grow food with shrinking water supplies is failing.

metalwing's photo
Tue 05/10/16 02:27 PM

"Britain’s largest Islamic charity says it wants to “break down barriers” and portray Islam positively by launching a new advertising campaign which will slap the phrase “glory to Allah” on the side of London buses."

If they really want to "“break down barriers and portray Islam positively" why don't they adopt a slogan like "glory to ANY God ANYONE worships, may we all live with each other peacefully including those who don't worship a god".

Or maybe the ad should read:

From the Greater Muslim Community to all Muslim Terrorists

You are confused and wrong. Please stop.

I'm confused???? Perhaps you are confused because you have a reading comprehension problem.
Their slogan does NOTHING to break down "break down barriers and
portray Islam positively" which they claim is the objective....the slogan I suggested would show they are accepting of everyone else.
Your suggestion on the other hand would be a counter to what they say they are trying to achieve.
If you don't like or agree with what I said it doesn't make me "wrong" or confused....or is everything you don't like wrong? SMH

It had nothing to do with you. It was sarcasm.

The message I suggested on the bus was to read:

"From the Greater Muslim Community to all Muslim Terrorists

You are confused and wrong. Please stop
."

The sarcasm is based on the futility of such a message.

The reason it was posted to your comment is that it is an alternate "bus message".

metalwing's photo
Tue 05/10/16 01:32 PM

Sure true love exists but generally it is only going to exist when you put as much into it as you hope to get out of it.

Been my experience it doesn't just fall out of the tree and land on your head.

Most people willing to give someone their true love they have to appear to be worthy of receiving it. You you exhibit honesty, kindness, reliability, loyalty, and maturity so that someone sees you as a good risk with their heart and life in general.

Are you a pleasure to encounter? It is not just a great body or a charismatic smile. You have to show character and manners. Have a clear agenda that is not self centered.

You have to play the game to win. Do you actually search what is going on in the world and who is available? It is a waste of time just wishing and whining. All the good ones are not gone.

Have you prepared for dating and have a budget to cover the time and expense of the search? This may be a free site but if you are not posting and effective profile and actually reading profiles sending and answering mail; more than time will slip through your fingers.

True dat!

metalwing's photo
Tue 05/10/16 01:26 PM

I dated a bi-polar for many years. It is tough and it gets tougher with time.

So this is offensive "I dated a bipolar". I am not a bipolar, that is like saying I dated a diabetic or I dated a cancer. More appropriate is I dated someone who has bipolar disorder. I am not my disease.

No offense intended. It was stated in the light of "I dated an engineer or I dated a scientist which, I suppose, would not offend anyone. Saying "I dated a man or women who worked as an engineer" would be unnecessarily specific as it is assumed that you are speaking of a person, not an occupation.

My long history dating a bi-polar affected person gave me great insight into the disease and it's treatment. I read several books on the topic and visited her shrink on a regular basis.

Taking offense at things which were not meant to offend was one of her symptoms.

metalwing's photo
Tue 05/10/16 12:49 PM

"Britain’s largest Islamic charity says it wants to “break down barriers” and portray Islam positively by launching a new advertising campaign which will slap the phrase “glory to Allah” on the side of London buses."

If they really want to "“break down barriers and portray Islam positively" why don't they adopt a slogan like "glory to ANY God ANYONE worships, may we all live with each other peacefully including those who don't worship a god".

Or maybe the ad should read:

From the Greater Muslim Community to all Muslim Terrorists

You are confused and wrong. Please stop.

metalwing's photo
Tue 05/10/16 12:41 PM
Edited by metalwing on Tue 05/10/16 12:44 PM
The amount of total water in the world doesn't change much but the amount of fresh water changes dramatically. When the Ice Age was in place billions of tons of fresh water was stored as ice. Since then the glaciers have melted and the annual snow melt water supply to streams has diminished. Much of Europe and other parts of the world depend upon the melt water from glaciers to provide drinking water and irrigation during the summer. That water supply is vanishing which is one reason Europe is in panic about global warming.

An excellent example of this situation is Glacial National Park in the US which I hope to see before the glaciers are completely gone.

Here is a quick video by National Geographic

http://video.nationalgeographic.com/video/news/151021-glacier-national-park-melting-vin

1 3 5 6 7 8 9 24 25