Community > Posts By > Inkracer

Inkracer's photo
Sun 02/15/09 10:09 AM
But if you as someone who doesn't believe in God spends their whole life doubting a divine creator, living for pleasing themselves and what they can get out of life. What if when you die there is a God ? Then what have you lost? I think I'd rather live by faith and be wrong, than live by doubt and be wrong. So my question is what do you think?

I think it was said best by Bill Maher in Religulous, basically, if you are believing simply to take the "safe bet", then that is the wrong answer.
In my own opinion, if a god exists, and it is the Judaeo-Christian god, then all those who are believers simply to take the safe bet, will find themselves right next to the unbelievers.

And what's the point of your life?

Religion does not provide a meaning to your life, it only gives the illusion of a meaning.

Inkracer's photo
Sat 02/14/09 06:37 PM
Those are nice quotes.

I have read his latest book, The God Delusion, and I have 2 of his BBC documentaries. (The Root of All Evil, and Enemies of Reason)
Everything by him has been really well done, and I really have yet to really disagree with any of his views.

Inkracer's photo
Fri 02/13/09 12:21 PM
Edited by Inkracer on Fri 02/13/09 12:22 PM

Imagine if Neanderthals would be still around, a different type of humanoid, with a different DNA structure, only looks similar to us. Weird, isn't it? shocked

Well, today it would be just another group to discriminate against, sadly.

Inkracer's photo
Thu 02/12/09 08:47 PM

.... we need the fear of God to be obedient

I really wonder about people who say things like this.

It makes me wonder just what kinds of things they'd actually prefer to be doing if they didn't feel a need to fear God? huh

Some people would make terrible atheists I guess. ohwell

now that is silly....i would be an awefull athiest sorry athiest God

and it is not that things that i would rather do that would make me fear it is not doing the things that God calls me to do that i would fear...

think about it

You do realize what Atheism is right?huh

Also, it's not the fear of God that keeps people obedient, it's the fear of the police/court system. Take god away, and things will remain the same. Take the Police away, and those "good christians" will steal and loot.

Inkracer's photo
Thu 02/12/09 08:31 PM

When you see a thread and someone is ill, dying, dead or whatever..do you REALLY give a damn?

It depends. If I know, or have gotten to know the person who is posting about it, yes I do.

If I don't know the person, or, the person was doing something stupid that caused the death(Lusk) I don't give a damn, and can't really even find enough sympathy to even try to fake it.

That being said, If I were to die doing something stupid, I would fully expect for people to not really give a damn, and to call me a moron.

Inkracer's photo
Thu 02/12/09 08:25 PM

Note to self-"Never argue with idiots- they will lower you down to their level and beat you on experience."

"It is better to be thought of as a fool, then to open your mouth, and remove all doubt."

Inkracer's photo
Thu 02/12/09 06:59 PM

krimsa said:

"You would be fully aware of this if you had taken the time to read and digest about the past 3 pages of this thread."

Yes, I did tell you to read the last three pages of this thread which were about EVOLUTION. Isnt there something in the bible about not telling fibs Gary? huh

"But that is just a story, it's not meant to be taken literally. . ."

Inkracer's photo
Thu 02/12/09 02:59 PM
A Simple sign always works. . .

"Solicitors will be shot, survivors will be shot again."

tongue2

Inkracer's photo
Thu 02/12/09 02:53 PM
I like to quote Ken Miller on this one.

"It's not science if it's not testable".

It doesn't really help your argument against Evolution when you quote a scientist who has spent a lot of time researching Evolution, and disproving I.D./Creationism.

Inkracer's photo
Thu 02/12/09 09:46 AM

Well I can come up with just as many that prove creation

No, you can't, because time and time again, ID has been scientifically disproven, and also legally proven to be nothing more than an attempt at getting religion into the public school systems.

One of these days you're going to shock us all by actually giving an exampe of I.D. being disproven - so we have a clue as to what you're talking about.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVRsWAjvQSg

The video is a bit long, but try actually watching it. Also, I am not the first person to post this video. So, the proof has been displayed before.

Inkracer's photo
Wed 02/11/09 07:54 PM

I just don't understand the mentality of how anyone can follow a book that has a God who has the power to kill or murder (even his son) and then preach that we should not kill or murder.

I would rather take the example of someone who doesn't kill or murder and take his or her word for it that it is not good to do then a God that does these atrocities and then says we should not do them.

If punishment is death each time then this is exactly the mentality our forefathers had in many of the civilizations that ruled the world at its time.

Genghis Khan, Napolean, Hitler, Alexander, Julius Caeser, etc. etc.

In the long run to follow a book that contradicts itself is something hard to follow as oppose to a belief system that emphasizes on peace and actually practices it.

The time of forcing ones belief system is coming to an end hopefully as mediterrenean mythologies should have ended 1000 years ago. Hopefully our younger generations will know better.

and to tell you the truth it looks very promising for some countries.

The thing that gets me is how story after story in the bible is about God killing, or people killing/prepared to kill in the name of God. Yet we are constantly told that God is a merciful God.
It just really doesn't add up, IMO.

Inkracer's photo
Wed 02/11/09 08:31 AM

Oh really well I guess you don't have access to my personal e-mail....and yes I sure have. In fact many atheists have asked that I pray for them....And yes I would give names but it's private....But trust me I don't lie and yes I give you permission to make a thread on it.....As a matter of fact make a thread on does feralcatlady pray for you and also does she lie...I think the evidence would be abundant.

I have never once seen a prayer request from an atheist, I call BS.

That is the old no atheist in a fox hole blather.

Also I can concede to you that this HAS happened, but what does that win you? Does that make you right? LOL

Sad reasoning is sad.

feral, I don't doubt that you pray for atheists, I do doubt, that those atheists have actually asked for it.

Inkracer's photo
Wed 02/11/09 07:47 AM

Tats are very addictive.

Yes they are

Been a year and a half since my last. I'm already wanting another one.

Since getting my first tattoo, I have never made it that long without getting another one.

Inkracer's photo
Wed 02/11/09 07:39 AM
I haven't seen this one posted yet(sorry if it has been and I missed it)

No matter how slow the monster walks, and how fast you run, the monster will always catch you, or beat you to where you are running to.

Inkracer's photo
Wed 02/11/09 07:31 AM
Edited by Inkracer on Wed 02/11/09 07:48 AM
Well I can come up with just as many that prove creation

No, you can't, because time and time again, ID has been scientifically disproven, and also legally proven to be nothing more than an attempt at getting religion into the public school systems.

Inkracer's photo
Tue 02/10/09 08:31 PM

i take it you haven't read the Bible.

18 years being raised by christian parents. I've read it.

then you must not have read it clearly, or you were taught wrongly... Christians don't go to heaven because of sin... that was the whole point of Jesus' existence... "For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is through Jesus Christ..." Romans 6:23... or i'm sure you've heard this one... "For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son, that whosoever believes in him shall not perish, but have eternal life." John 3:16

You can quote it all you want, and make all your claims about my understanding of it. Won't change the fact that I see it has a complete work of fiction.

Inkracer's photo
Tue 02/10/09 08:24 PM

i take it you haven't read the Bible.

18 years being raised by christian parents. I've read it.

Inkracer's photo
Tue 02/10/09 08:17 PM

i take it that common sense isn't your strong suit.

This coming from a person who believes there is a magic sky-man, with a list of ten things you absolutely cannot do, and if you do any of these ten things, he will send you to a place of burning and suffering, but he loves you.

Inkracer's photo
Tue 02/10/09 08:11 PM
Edited by Inkracer on Tue 02/10/09 08:15 PM

why don't we take a look at the fact that carbon dating is severely flawed past 40-50,000 years? how can you tell if something is 2 billion years old when your practices are flawed...

Probably the same way your "God" can kill his only son(who is actually "God") for a sin that didn't really take place, and is just "one of the stories" in the bible. . .

for a sin that didnt really take place? really? everyone in society is flawless and free of evils? oh ok. i'm assuming the next thing you're going to come at me with is that Jesus wasn't real.

Personally, I don't think that Jesus was real. There may have been a "Jesus of Nazareth", but I don't think that the Jesus as presented by the bible ever actually existed.

hmm.. you realize that there are more writings about Jesus that came from around the same era right? I guess you don't believe in Roman history either though, right? it is even documented in Jewish rabbinical writings that Jesus was hung for heresy...

I take it reading isn't your strong suit.

Sorta goes against that little "truth" book, don't ya think?
huh

I only believe that the bible was written by men,(and to steal a line from Bill Maher in Religulous. . .) When I say men, I mean people with penises, to keep other people down.

Inkracer's photo
Tue 02/10/09 08:00 PM
Edited by Inkracer on Tue 02/10/09 08:01 PM

why don't we take a look at the fact that carbon dating is severely flawed past 40-50,000 years? how can you tell if something is 2 billion years old when your practices are flawed...

Probably the same way your "God" can kill his only son(who is actually "God") for a sin that didn't really take place, and is just "one of the stories" in the bible. . .

for a sin that didnt really take place? really? everyone in society is flawless and free of evils? oh ok. i'm assuming the next thing you're going to come at me with is that Jesus wasn't real.

Personally, I don't think that Jesus was real. There may have been a "Jesus of Nazareth", but I don't think that the Jesus as presented by the bible ever actually existed.

You really shouldn't assume things, because you know what they say when you assume.