Community > Posts By > Inkracer

Inkracer's photo
Mon 02/23/09 06:29 PM
It's obvious, and my mathematics is very clear and in order and on display at SIUE, but my instructor specifically told me not to publish it and not to make a big deal about it because "you don't smack the work of the worlds legendary physicists"

That's how your "scientists" think. As far as the Nobel Prize, you don't get that for punching holes either. You get it for creating.

Let me stop before I go on a rant about evo. biologists.

Seems to me that the problem lies, not in science, but in your instructor. If scientists through history didn't question the work of those before them, science would never advance.

Inkracer's photo
Mon 02/23/09 10:20 AM
As far as that quote is concerned, It is on one of the many documentaries/movies I have on Atheism/Religion/Science. I just couldn't remember which one it was on but you are probably right that came from Steven Weinberg.

Inkracer's photo
Mon 02/23/09 09:35 AM

Would we as a world society be better off without religion?

Yes. As a stated in another thread, "Without Religion, you would have good people doing good things, and evil people doing evil things, but for good people to do evil things, it takes religion" (and again, those aren't my words, but I cannot remember who said it)

Do you think religion is essential to maintain order and peace in the world?

How can that which is not peaceful maintain peace?(the Witch trails, Spanish Inquisition, the Crusades, today's jihad against all "infidels"...)

Do you believe religion is long overdue and should come to an end?

Yes, I believe religion's end is long overdue. I really have a hard time understanding how things that have been continually tested to the point of being able to call them facts, are ignored and even flat-out denied, simply because a book written before our time states otherwise.

What do you believe to be true and what do you believe needs to be done to bring a better understanding amongst people in general?

I believe to be true things that can either a.) be tested. or b.) things that have been documented throughout time by multiple sources.
Religion doesn't have a. or b.

Inkracer's photo
Sun 02/22/09 09:47 AM
Used to live in Greenwood, recently moved up to the North Side.

Inkracer's photo
Sat 02/21/09 07:17 AM
I can't remember who originally said this, but it fits:

"Without religion, we would have good people doing good things, and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, it takes religion."

Inkracer's photo
Wed 02/18/09 02:45 PM

Ok quite simple....

show me one animal in the last 500 years I even keep giving your more years...ok one animal that has gone from one animal to a complete new species. Now in evolution is always happening then at some point there has to be some ripe new species....so give me one.....just one....now this does not include a staph or other infection because again that is all within the same family...

so go ahead.

Best case I can give, given the narrow-mindedness of your time frame: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nylonase

Basically, this bacteria developed an enzyme to breakdown nylon, a man made material. This enzyme could not have existed before the material existed. The food source must be present before the organism that eats it.

Inkracer's photo
Wed 02/18/09 02:14 PM
Well darling my proof is the Lord showing me...plain and simple...I don't tell anyone what they should believe..

You're right, you just tell people that if they don't believe like you do, then thay are beyond hope...

Inkracer's photo
Wed 02/18/09 01:52 PM

http://technology-science.newsvine.com/_news/2009/02/12/24 26283-seven-signs-of-evolution-in-action

I've been reading through the posts, and it all sounds very familiar.ohwell

What begins to occur with these threads is the proponents of evolution state their cases citing scientific websites, links to videos, photographs, documented proof and a research based dialogue.

That goes totally ignored by the religious.

Then they ask the same questions that were just answered.

Then the proponents of evolution post their links to scientific websites, links to videos, photographs.....

I've watched every U-tube video that I've been directed to, and have not recieved a single answer to any of the questions I've asked on evolution, or how Creationism has been disproved.

I don't think there's anyone on this site who can explain to me how Creationism has been disproved.
Or at least if they can - they haven't posted yet.

It's really quite simple, for creationism/I.D. to be proven, someone needs to find an organism that is irreducibly complex. Simply, for ID to be correct, you need to find an organism, or a system within the organism, that if you take just one part of that away, it will no longer work. Each and every example of this that the ID camp has trotted out with, Science has disproven the Irreducibly Complexity of the organism/organism system.

I find it hard to believe that you actually watched all the videos, and didn't get a single answer..

Inkracer's photo
Wed 02/18/09 01:47 PM

The christians that do not believe evolution:

"The Christians" Do I see him saying specific or certain types of christians.....looks up.....no....so therefore is that lumping "The Christians" together. Why yes Bob I believe it is. So tell them what they win....Well Debbie they win the comment that I made previously.......So voil there ya have it....plain as the nose on your face.

wow you realy know how to read things into stuff thats not there.
I posted it and I know what I meant.
I thought it was obvious, and it is to most I think.

I said "The christians that do not believe evolution."
These People call them selves christians.
These people do not believe evolution.
Did I say All christians are these people?
No of course not.
Again what you are saying is NOT correct.

H E L L O

When you "The Christians" You are lumping them together. Now if you would of said "The specific Church" that was protesting then ok.....And hmmmmmm can you tell me how to take it.......NO Can you tell me how to feel.....NO How to think NO.......And just because "You" know what you mean doesn't mean we will.....so if your going to do this in the future maybe be a lil more clear....

I am no ones judge....just as you are not. If people want to protest anything....It is "YES" there God given right to do so.

looking at the continued complaining over the pictures I think I see what the 2 main problems are.
1. the use of the period(.) instead of the colon(:)
2. The Christians who are complaining over "being lumped together" are, for whatever reason, refusing to see that the poster posted the picture as an example of the type Christians that steadfastly refuse to accept evolution.

Inkracer's photo
Tue 02/17/09 02:48 PM

I just watched it, and I know my opinion doesnt matter, but, HIGHLY recommended to most of the people on this forum. It deals directly to a lot of the subject matter here and I think a lot of the people will get a kick out of it.

Note: The stubborn religious freaks will probably get offended and hate this film.

Glad you liked it. the extras on the DVD are pretty good too.

Not a fan of Bill Maher, but I saw a trailer and it looks interesting. I'll pick it up tomorrow.

Over all, it is a great movie, if you are a skeptic, or secure in your beliefs, you will laugh your ass off.

If you are the type of person who feels that anything less than 100% agreement with your religious beliefs is an attack on your beliefs, you will hate it and be offended by it.

If nothing else in this forum, we agree that the uber-religious will be highly offended...

laugh laugh drinker

Inkracer's photo
Tue 02/17/09 02:45 PM
However, There are NO Christians(not REAL Christians)

who Believe in Macro-Evolution...

That is a pretty big judgment for a christian...

Inkracer's photo
Tue 02/17/09 10:38 AM
A atheist in the 1600's would probably not have a very long lifespan let alone freedom in most countries if not all.

Well, of course, because during that time, the church ruled the world.

Early on in American History, an Atheist would have been able to hold public office, while being openly Atheist.

Inkracer's photo
Tue 02/17/09 10:05 AM
BIBLE- "Buy Bull"

Inkracer's photo
Tue 02/17/09 10:02 AM
The only problem I've EVER had with other member's posts in these forums is in the ridicule toward and contempt for people who believe in God... in which these posts are delivered.

So, basically, you have a problem when one said presents the evidence of things such as evolution, and the numerous other things that make a god unlikely.

BUT, you are okay with it when we(the skeptics) get told we are "beyond help" from someone who does believe.

huh

Now, I'm not gonna sit here and pretend that I am perfect. I am not, and I have done my fair share of ridiculing, but I have also been a target of ridicule from the other side, as well.
So, saying the Skeptics are the only ones who ridicule on this forum is akin to saying that only the white man is capable of racism.

Inkracer's photo
Tue 02/17/09 06:48 AM

poooooooor guy,,he can't win for losing
:wink: he need's to be given a big fine and kicked out of sevral race's that was uncalled for just cause he knew he wasnt going to win,what would his dad say slaphead is what he'd do!

Oh come on. The worst that would have happened is that junior would have gotten black flagged and held for a few laps.

It always amazes me how someone will say " HE SHOULD BE PARKED FOR TEN WEEKS!!!! " about a driver they don't like....but will say " Oh he didn't so it on PURPOSE " about their favorite driver.

The thing that annoys me is how each driver is perfect when they are the victim. Kyle Busch made comments about wrecking "when you have nothing to race for", How many wrecks were his fault just in the truck series last year? Then you have Vickers "worried about the danger" when it's his ass in the car that is out of control, yet he wasn't all that worried in 2006 when he dumped both Jr, and Jimmie for the win at 'Dega.
I can promise U if Kyle had done that he would have been penalized,fined and hated 9ho hum)n by the "Jr." nation. He is a spoiled whiney Brat!!!

Bull****. Never got penalized in any of the wrecks he caused in the truck series. Never got penalized when he wrecked jr at Richmond.
If I recall correctly Smoke didn't get penalized when he sent Kenseth(?) up in front of everyone the year he complained about Daytona getting dangerous.

Inkracer's photo
Mon 02/16/09 07:15 PM

Religulous by bill marh

drinker

Not a fan of Bill Maher, but I saw a trailer and it looks interesting. I'll pick it up tomorrow.

Over all, it is a great movie, if you are a skeptic, or secure in your beliefs, you will laugh your ass off.

If you are the type of person who feels that anything less than 100% agreement with your religious beliefs is an attack on your beliefs, you will hate it and be offended by it.

Inkracer's photo
Mon 02/16/09 03:48 PM

Religulous by bill marh

drinker

Inkracer's photo
Sun 02/15/09 05:53 PM

poooooooor guy,,he can't win for losing
:wink: he need's to be given a big fine and kicked out of sevral race's that was uncalled for just cause he knew he wasnt going to win,what would his dad say slaphead is what he'd do!

Oh come on. The worst that would have happened is that junior would have gotten black flagged and held for a few laps.

It always amazes me how someone will say " HE SHOULD BE PARKED FOR TEN WEEKS!!!! " about a driver they don't like....but will say " Oh he didn't so it on PURPOSE " about their favorite driver.

The thing that annoys me is how each driver is perfect when they are the victim. Kyle Busch made comments about wrecking "when you have nothing to race for", How many wrecks were his fault just in the truck series last year? Then you have Vickers "worried about the danger" when it's his ass in the car that is out of control, yet he wasn't all that worried in 2006 when he dumped both Jr, and Jimmie for the win at 'Dega.

Inkracer's photo
Sun 02/15/09 05:38 PM
What's is really funny is how Vickers forgot that he did the same thing to Jr. and Jimmie at Talladega when he got his only win.

Inkracer's photo
Sun 02/15/09 10:59 AM
Some other things to think about, if you have seen the documentary "The God That Wasn't There", some of the things that are brought up are the decades, between the death of Jesus, and the gospels being written. Also, the time that Jesus actually lived(if he did indeed live) has also been called into question.
Also, there are many gods from the Mediterranean Area, whose stories are very similar to the story of Jesus, and there are a few of those that almost perfectly mirror the story of Jesus.