http://youtu.be/L6-uJLteKek

Some quality tunes there happy

blah..blah..'s photo
Mon 01/18/21 09:48 AM
Joni Mitchell - A case of you

Now onto Springsteen!

blah..blah..'s photo
Mon 01/18/21 09:35 AM
We all know the answer, what you need to be asking instead, is in which order?

blah..blah..'s photo
Mon 01/18/21 09:33 AM
No, I was born independent fully able to do "Women's work" laugh

blah..blah..'s photo
Sun 01/17/21 09:09 AM
Thea Gilmore- Don't dim your light for anyone

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EONUp5BoAdU

blah..blah..'s photo
Sun 01/17/21 08:52 AM
Well, that was short but sweeet laugh

blah..blah..'s photo
Sat 01/16/21 08:27 AM

I'm from that area Crystal but a bit further south, i probably have a broader Yorkshire accent than what you'd hear and around Leeds!

Chances are I have difficulty with it or need a little time to get the hang of it. I had the same thing when I met up with a friend from Blackpool. I usually pick up on it fast.
A lot of differences in accents in the UK, right. My friend in Portsmouth had this weird thing. I believe like when he meant to say "wait" it sounded like "white". It was something like that, highly confusing at times, haha.

My British ex was from London, but he had lived in The Netherlands for over 20 yrs when we met so I didn't find he had a specific accent. Certain no 'hot potato in the throat'.
I did love being on the tube btw! Listening to all these people, their accents. Wonderful! And a 'Mind the gap!" to top it off :)

Yup, I love UK accents.
Oh, I have btw checked out the northern Yorkshire dialect a while back. Holy cow... Way beyond my wheelhouse, haha.

London isn't really "British" anymore, it's a thoroughly multicultural place now and very few London or cockney accents can be heard.
Those Midlanders and Southerners do sepak funny though, they don't have a bath, they have a "Barth" and as you say, they have to go and "white" for a "trying" etc.
We speak proper up here in our grim and darklands.
Blackpool is an interesting one, as it's in Lancashire, but has more of a Manchester twang than a pure Lancashire accent, I guess it's developed into a hybrid accent becuase of the many accents it's residents will have heard and picked up over the years due to the millions of visitors.

As for your Netherlands, it's an accent lovingly mocked and used widely here, certainly, the "laydish" at Eindhoven airport and rail stations stick in our minds whenever we're travelling happy

blah..blah..'s photo
Fri 01/15/21 03:43 PM
-1c
Feels like -4c
Rain and sleet

Yack!

blah..blah..'s photo
Fri 01/15/21 03:41 PM

I love women with French accents but I am half French and half Irish. I have spent considerable time in both the UK and on the continent, at least enough to take note of the accents. Being the half and half mixture I am presents a conundrum.................

I'd love to hear a NZ accent.

Here we go ...

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-5CqV7BE7go&feature=share

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=p6cInZvsPPI&t=91s

I hope the links work.

If its a NZ accent then surely it would be a "lank" wouldn't it , as they seem to have got their vowels mixed up :wink:

blah..blah..'s photo
Fri 01/15/21 03:38 PM
Edited by blah..blah.. on Fri 01/15/21 03:39 PM
I'm from that area Crystal but a bit further south, i probably have a broader Yorkshire accent than what you'd hear and around Leeds!

blah..blah..'s photo
Thu 01/14/21 01:32 PM
I can cook and tell jokes , that's it!

blah..blah..'s photo
Thu 01/14/21 01:31 PM
What do people class as a "British accent"? Bearing in mind there are hundreds of British accents, I'm presuming most people think of a London based RP accent rather than a working class northern type accent?

blah..blah..'s photo
Thu 01/14/21 01:18 PM
Hell knows
It was that long ago :joy:

blah..blah..'s photo
Thu 01/14/21 06:56 AM
Cold, Snow, more snow, cold and more snow!
huh

blah..blah..'s photo
Wed 01/13/21 09:20 AM
And why?

Not including your hometown/city, but what is the favourite place you've visited and what do you like about it?

I love Berlin, I love the history of it, I like the architecture, the scenery around it, the fantastic transport system, I like how because of it's history it's almost 2 cities in 1 separated by a huge green space.
I love the food, the beer, the culture, the football, the bridges, the parks!

I visit at least once a year and never get tired of it.

blah..blah..'s photo
Wed 01/13/21 09:16 AM
Crap!

Cold
Wet
Miserable

blah..blah..'s photo
Wed 01/13/21 09:13 AM
One question I've been asking and I've yet received a definitive answer is thus:

If this new variant is more transmissible than it's cousin, then why are the restrictions nowhere near as severe as in the Spring?

I am obviously mainly referring to England/UK but the question still stands, why are many many more people allowed to be out working, out shopping, out driving, out doing anything than they were in March-June?

Surely if this thing is that deadly then the authorities would want everyone locked down properly like they were back then, yet, I see no different to every day life here, I am a key, frontline worker but apart from pubs, restaurants, some higher education and most retail places, everywhere is still open, many shops, most offices, factories etc.

We're supposed to be in a lockdown yet there's more traffic on the roads and more people out and about than since before Christmas, and people wonder why millions are just not bothering with anything Boris and his buffoons say, or do, as the case may be.
There's enough to be cynical about when even the PM doesn't stick to his own misguided and confusing rules!

blah..blah..'s photo
Wed 01/13/21 09:03 AM
Mel Parsons - Just 'Cause you don't want me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wz_0xVAYDRo

blah..blah..'s photo
Tue 01/12/21 12:47 PM
Listened to "old soul" by Thea Gilmore on repeat for the last half an hour :relieved:

blah..blah..'s photo
Tue 01/12/21 12:15 AM

The Mavericks

I Should Have Been True

http://youtu.be/vXb5QcOGrJI

This was the first song I'd heard by the mavericks and the next day I went out and bought "music for all occasions"
Loved them and Raul since!

1 2 4 6 7 8 9 24 25