Community > Posts By > blah..blah..

blah..blah..'s photo
Tue 12/29/20 10:34 AM
Covid, I suspect laugh

Good luck

blah..blah..'s photo
Tue 12/29/20 09:54 AM
I'm listening to The Ronettes, courtesy of my little friend :smile: called Alexa

blah..blah..'s photo
Fri 12/25/20 01:52 PM
Gone back to my youth and I'm listening to one of my favourite albums

The Sugarcubes - Here today, tomorrow next week,

Bjork and Einar at their finest !

blah..blah..'s photo
Fri 12/25/20 12:58 PM
Or the UK!

blah..blah..'s photo
Thu 12/24/20 01:48 PM
Yes, I like Rock as well as many other genres
Heart, Springsteen, Def Leppard, Europe, Fleetwood Mac, Bon Jovi, Guns n Roses.

blah..blah..'s photo
Thu 12/24/20 01:27 PM

The Mavericks

O What A Thrill

http://youtu.be/UYHOfd-wP3Y

Excellent choice!

Jessie Ware - Midnight nice and relaxing with my German Liquor!

blah..blah..'s photo
Thu 12/24/20 01:26 PM

they look fine. where did you get them from??

laugh laugh

blah..blah..'s photo
Wed 12/23/20 01:34 PM

I personally would have no way of making a trial run, though it's good advice. UK law allows it, I believe. I'm sure it's not all glamorous like some of these youtube videos.
Here's a perhaps strange point..I need a driving license for a van...i don't need a licence for a boat.. admittedly the laws depending on where you are in
the boat ( which country) may change. I do believe, that I could sail to France ( I'm having visions of del boy going to Holland in a canal barge) , not that I would, I'm terrible at sea. 4 mph is the maximum on a lot of the canals I believe, and your adviced to go slower. Apparently you can get a cheap boat on 1 side of the panana canal. I wouldn't fancy crossing the Pacific with a jam sandwich , a Mars bar and a litre of avian
Hmmm

That's got me wondering, if anyone has actually attempted to cross the Pacific with just jam sandwiches and mars bars :relieved:

blah..blah..'s photo
Wed 12/23/20 12:26 PM

Fleetwood Mac

Little Lies

http://youtu.be/uCGD9dT12C0

I've gone through Rumours and Mirage AGAIN! today laugh

blah..blah..'s photo
Wed 12/23/20 12:25 PM
Paolo Nutini - Candy

"I was perched outside in the pouring rain, trying to make myself a sail"
"Then I'll float to you my darling, with the evening on my tail"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHauhYNSBog

Love it!

blah..blah..'s photo
Tue 12/22/20 03:51 AM

Technically it is not a “new virus “ It is a new strain of covid .. nor is it the first new stain since covid appeared . There have been other mutations It is the first mutation to raise concerns .

Correct, it's no "worse" than the previous strains just that it transmits quicker than previous strains, It's no different to other 'Coronaviruses' in that it can mutate.
As long as it's kept relatively under control it's no more harmful than the previous strains.

Besides, no one can leave the Island much anyway now, so unlikely it will spread to Ireland or other EU countries very fast.
whether it is more lethal or harmful as not yet been determined . Scientists are still collecting data . The concern is that the mutated virus has managed to spread despite lockdowns (partial or otherwise) and the impact of higher transmission rates on health services .. especially during winter . waving

The other concern is whether the new vaccines will be effective against the protein spike changes .

Again, from what I've read, scientists seem to think the protein spike will make no difference to the vaccines etc

blah..blah..'s photo
Tue 12/22/20 03:49 AM

Technically it is not a “new virus “ It is a new strain of covid .. nor is it the first new stain since covid appeared . There have been other mutations It is the first mutation to raise concerns .

Correct, it's no "worse" than the previous strains just that it transmits quicker than previous strains, It's no different to other 'Coronaviruses' in that it can mutate.
As long as it's kept relatively under control it's no more harmful than the previous strains.

Besides, no one can leave the Island much anyway now, so unlikely it will spread to Ireland or other EU countries very fast.
whether it is more lethal or harmful as not yet been determined . Scientists are still collecting data . The concern is that the mutated virus has managed to spread despite lockdowns (partial or otherwise) and the impact of higher transmission rates on health services .. especially during winter . waving

The other concern is whether the new vaccines will be effective against the protein spike changes .

"Despite lockdowns"
That's the thing, I can't speak for other countries but the lockdown restrictions in England and probably for the rest of the UK have been farcical, confusing and chaotic, so much so that many people are just ignoring it and doing their own thing, selfish, yes, but no clear leadership from Boris and his cronies it was always going to be the case

blah..blah..'s photo
Mon 12/21/20 12:35 PM
B-52's- Roam

Around the world, the trip begins with a kiss!!!

blah..blah..'s photo
Mon 12/21/20 12:34 PM

blah..blah..'s photo
Mon 12/21/20 09:30 AM
The new strain, wasn't developed in the UK, it was developed in another European country without the scientific advances we have here, it was undetected apparently and has mutated pretty quickly.

However, there's no proof that it's any deadlier or more harmful, just that it spreads quicker, but once the Government get their act together and make their minds up how they're going to deal with it, we can start looking forward again!

blah..blah..'s photo
Mon 12/21/20 09:18 AM

Oh man! It's been pouring rain here on the coast so all you musialholics here are some rainy day songs
1 I'm only happy when it rains..Garbage, my personal favorite
2 Covered in rain John Mayer, nice guitar solo and he's kind of cute to!
3 November Rain Guns and Roses, I used to love this song but idk now Axl just sounds whiny
3 Rainy day women Bob Dylan.... can't leave out ol Bob
4 It's raining men ..? I know I know but I just couldn't resist

Stay dry everyone...
y

Phil Collins- I wish it would rain down :)

blah..blah..'s photo
Sun 12/20/20 05:22 AM
Nope, I'll be working until 6pm Christmas eve then music, then bed, and look forward to 2 days off!

blah..blah..'s photo
Sun 12/20/20 04:14 AM
Aaron Neville- Tell it like it is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6HjCbKnzDzQ

blah..blah..'s photo
Sun 12/20/20 04:12 AM
Sarah McLachlan - Mirrorball

Superb album

blah..blah..'s photo
Sat 12/19/20 01:22 PM
Edited by blah..blah.. on Sat 12/19/20 01:23 PM

Heart